Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 30820 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #630 on: August 26, 2023, 08:47:38 AM »
any phish fans here? next week i'm seeing them in Colorado............4 times

Not my thing, but I know people love them (including my brother).  I think they are playing in NY today?  My brother's friends were all going and invited me but I couldn't go.  I've never seen them live, so I'd check it out, but generally the jam band thing isn't my cup of tea.  Their shows are loved though so I feel like I should go if the opportunity is there.  It's just not easy to get tickets and since it's not my thing, I'm not interested in paying a lot.

i've seen 'em about 50 times. if you just go someone in the parking lot would probably miracle you (give you a free ticket) or you would find one inexpensive. Though, those NY shows are special benefit concerts for the Vermont Flooding so i am not sure if those tickets are any harder to find due to it

I wouldn't of had an issue getting tickets for that since I was offered with my brother's friends, I just can't go since I'm not available.  They usually do the MSG shows at new years.  My understanding is those are hard to get, something about a lottery system? My brother and his friends usually go to one or more of those. I do image the people are super friendly though at those shows.  I'm sure the vibe is great.  The music though, just hasn't connected with me.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #631 on: August 26, 2023, 06:23:27 PM »

I just got into them this year, I've been watching their live streams and they put on some killer shows. I definitely want to catch one at some point. Their lighting rig is absolutley insane

They are currently live streaming their benefit concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5oV64IB-M

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #632 on: August 27, 2023, 07:43:27 AM »
Haven't updated this in a while. Excited for LTJ tonight!

2/11 Saturn 3 (Husbands band)
2/25 Innings Festival (Green Day, Weezer, Back Crows, Offspring, etc)
3/4 Saturn 3
3/16 We Are The Union, Catbite, Kill Lincoln
7/15 Backstreet Romeo (husband filling in for a local band)
7/29 Yellowcard 20year Ocean Avenue tour - I'm gonna cry at this one lol... I did cry!!
8/4 Just About Halfway (Husband's band)
8/27 Less Than Jake, The Toasters, Venomous Pinks
9/8 Just About Halfway
10/7 Coheed and Cambria Neverender No World For Tomorrow in LA
10/23-27 Coheed and Cambria SS. Neverender Raiders of Silent Earth 3 cruise with a bunch of other bands

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #633 on: August 27, 2023, 07:54:57 AM »

Not my thing, but I know people love them (including my brother).  I think they are playing in NY today?  My brother's friends were all going and invited me but I couldn't go.  I've never seen them live, so I'd check it out, but generally the jam band thing isn't my cup of tea.  Their shows are loved though so I feel like I should go if the opportunity is there.  It's just not easy to get tickets and since it's not my thing, I'm not interested in paying a lot.

i've seen 'em about 50 times. if you just go someone in the parking lot would probably miracle you (give you a free ticket) or you would find one inexpensive. Though, those NY shows are special benefit concerts for the Vermont Flooding so i am not sure if those tickets are any harder to find due to it
I mean, I've got my favorite bands too, but 50+ times? That's a whole lot of concerts! Those folks must really know how to have a good time!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #634 on: August 27, 2023, 08:46:29 AM »
September 3rd - Soen @ Zorlu PSM, Istanbul, Turkey

Just got the ticket with some help from a friend (since you can't purchase tickets abroad with Russian-issued cards), hopefully nothing drastic happens in the next three months and I'll be able to go see some very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff. Apparently the show is Atlantis, semi-acoustic, in a theater with a string quartet. Should be amazing.

Next Sunday!

Just hope that I'll be allowed to leave the country :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: August 28, 2023, 05:31:20 AM »

I mean, I've got my favorite bands too, but 50+ times? That's a whole lot of concerts! Those folks must really know how to have a good time!

Not trying to speak for him, but Phish is more than just a band, it's like a huge community and their shows are all so different and unique.  I know quite a few people who like Phish and they definitely go to many many many of their concerts.  Like they'll do 12 shows in a row at MSG in NYC and each night will be different so people will go to all of them.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2023, 06:47:15 AM »
I think that's why I want to go to a Phish show. I like the music but it's not something I listen to all the time but I'd love to experience that life jam band setting.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2023, 07:19:00 AM »
I think that's why I want to go to a Phish show. I like the music but it's not something I listen to all the time but I'd love to experience that life jam band setting.

come on in the water's fine. we got that life jam band setting lol
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

« Reply #638 on: August 28, 2023, 07:20:10 AM »
anyway, i checked out bit brigade over the weekend, anyone else into them?

they are an instrumental metal band that plays video game soundtracks. they have a gamer in the band who sits on a chair and speedruns the games while the band keeps up in real time and performs the soundtrack. this weekend they did all of Duck Tales and all of the original Legend of Zelda! last time i saw them they did Castlevania 2 and Megaman 3
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: August 28, 2023, 07:31:15 AM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #640 on: August 28, 2023, 08:34:35 AM »
Batushka and Swallow the Sun tonight. Pretty excited, been digging into Batusha's work and am digging it, and they're live performances look insanely over the top.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #641 on: August 28, 2023, 11:54:30 AM »
Katatonia announces NA tour, with a stop at my favorite venue in Berkeley...

Feb 26- Riverside, Cornerstone in Berkeley-  8/10, good show overall, but set got cut short due to Mariusz being sick.
March 7th - Nemophila, Goldfield Trading Post, Sacramento- 11/10, fucking perfect.
March 8th - Nemophila, Great American Music Hall, San Francisco- 9/10, front and center, but sound was off
April 14 - Spiritbox & Intervals, Ace of Spades, Sacramento-10/10, all bands fucking crushed it
May 4th - The Warning, The Fillmore- 10/10, Flawless performance by the headliners in a historic venue.
May 6th - Bloodywood, Sacramento- 11/10, holy fuck what an evening!!
May 11th - Rolling Quartz, Bottom of the Hill- 10/10, definitely gets the award for biggest surprise of the year
May 21st - Love and Rockets, Fox Theater, Oakland- 7/10, Fun show, not a massive fan of the band, but free tix and good music is always a win.
May 25th - Haken, August Hall, San Francisco- 10/10, Haken always delivers.
June 30 - Tarja UC Theater, Berkeley- 8/10, The girl can definitely sing...
July 9th - Asterism, The Observatory, Santa Ana- 10/10, Arguably one of the best guitar virtuoso displays I've ever seen, and from a 20 year old at that.
August 14 - Band-Maid, Ace of Spades, Sacramento- 11/10, A perfect evening on all fronts po!!!
August 18 - Voice of Baceprot, New Parish, Oakland 9/10, very strong show, definitely exceeded my expectations.
August 28 - Batushka, Swallow the Sun-Cornerstone, Berkeley
September 1 - Kamelot, San Francisco
September 29 - Monuments - Old Ironsides, Sacramento
October 5- Hanabie- Whisky A Go Go, Hollywood
October 31 - Tesseract, Intervals, Regency Ballroom, San Francisco
November 28 - Katatonia, The Cornerstone, Berkeley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:44:32 PM by lonestar »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #642 on: August 28, 2023, 03:40:01 PM »
Trans-Sibria Orchestra tour dates:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/trans-siberian-orchestra-unveils-2023-tour/

All right, Ontario California show is on the 1st Saturday of December while Mammoth WVH is on the 2nd Saturday in LA.  I’m definitely going to get tickets to both.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: August 28, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »
Back to my reviews....

Got a nice reggae night in at my local amphitheater.  We got there a bit late and missed the first opener, The Movement.  Would have been cool, but I hate these 6pm starts, just too difficult to make on a week day.  Oh well.  We did get there to see Atmosphere though.  My 3rd time seeing the rapper, and I'm not a huge fan of the music, but he is entertaining.  As you can see, the lawn has been destroyed and still a bit muddy from the previous concert at the venue (All American Rejects that I wrote about last week)

The place started to fill up for the next band, Sublime With Rome. I've seen them so many times now, so I know what to expect. What I didn't totally expect was the bassist (the only original sublime member) to basically stumble on the stage and kind of just stand there not really playing for a large part of the set.  I guess they used backing tracks because you could hear the bass but certainly didn't see him playing one.  At one point Rome even went over to him.  Hard to see exactly what was going on from the lawn, but the guy looked lost to me. (I think he always does, but especially lost this night).  Thought the set was a bit better than last year.  They did their new song with Slightly Stoopid who came out to perform with them.  That was probably the highlight of the set. 

Then the headliner, Slightly Stoopid came on.  My first time seeing them and I'm not really familiar with them so it was mostly a blind set for me.  I thought they sounded good and were fun, but from a song perspective, I don't think a single song stayed with me.  They aren't a jam band, but I defintiely got the feeling like I was more at a jam band show than a reggae show.  The laser light show was pretty intense.  They also brought out a rapper (I'm not familiar with him) for a couple songs. 

Luckily after my camera broke from the previous concert, I still had my old camera that "mostly" works.  It just can't zoom in well without losing focus so I was able to get a lot of video, but just unable to truly zoom in from the back of the venue like I usually do

Slightly Stoopid Sublime with Rome Atmosphere LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 8/17/2023

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #644 on: August 28, 2023, 05:53:39 PM »
Went to both nights of Metallica in LA this weekend, quite an experience.  There's plenty to gripe about in terms of prices these days for parking/food/alcohol/merch at shows, but despite the crazy amount (at least for me) that I spent this weekend compared to most shows I attend, once I was there and in the atmosphere of the shows I stopped caring about the dent to my wallet  :lol

One thing I don't understand is why Metallica makes their event items so limited, my biggest accomplishment for the weekend was securing not only both event shirts, but both show posters for the weekend. Every booth outside of the stadium was sold out hours before doors, and the booths inside were sold out within 15 minutes of doors opening.  When I saw the 2 40th anniversary shows at Chase Center in SF, each day had 2000 posters.  On this tour when they're playing massive football stadiums (and just set a single-show attendance record at Sofi), each day only had 550. Just insanity, and completely asinine when there's thousands of people willing to shell out money for these posters who now have insane eBay prices as their only option

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2023, 05:55:18 PM »
I can only imagine it's done on purpose to make them more limited and valued.  But I'm with you, people want to give you money, it's a bit odd to not maximize that.  I guess they don't need it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #646 on: August 29, 2023, 10:07:30 AM »
Oh my, that was quite an evening last night. I'd definitely put it as one of the heaviest evenings of metal I've seen for sure...

Openers Always Dead delivered an unapologetic brand of in your face metal/metalcore that got the blood pumping. Very aggressive, and the whole band went hard as fuck, especially the lead singer who wanted a pit so bad that he jumped into the crowd and started his own. Very talented and entertaining, and the benefactors of my first ever broken drumstick after 45 years of concert attendance.

Next up, Stormruler... they played that hyperkinetic brand of blisteringly paced black metal that on record never really holds my interest, but in the live setting was hella entertaining. They had all the classic tropes, spiked armbands, the Gibson flying V, endless back to back posing, and a sword planted in the middle of the stage. Fun stuff.

Stormruler- https://youtu.be/5JYwKV1q8uo?si=Eupy6m2hnASZuBeC

Next, Swallow the Sun, and easily the strongest band of the night. These guys relentless doom metal reminded me so much of what Anciients brought to the stage, and nailing that vibe is always a good thing in a band. Very tight performance, and they 100% owned the crowd.

Swallow the Sun- Enemy https://youtu.be/euW5s3WG4BI?si=o23F3QKc1fjOnc9K

And headliners Batushka, they had a good sound, and their 'dark mass' delivery while corny as fuck was certainly entertaining. Hidden in all the pomp and theatrics was a pretty solid instrumental performance by the two 8 string players, the choral vocalists, and especially their drummer who I unfortunately couldn't see because I was front and center and he was blocked by the podium. They definitely could've done without the incense, I hate that shit man.

Batushka- https://youtu.be/Gj021f4tVNM?si=qnMoUAtzjqTA7Qns

Overall, a blast of an evening that was basically a spur of the moment decision on 4 bands I basically knew nothing about. 40 bucks well spent!!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #647 on: August 29, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »
Went to both nights of Metallica in LA this weekend, quite an experience.  There's plenty to gripe about in terms of prices these days for parking/food/alcohol/merch at shows, but despite the crazy amount (at least for me) that I spent this weekend compared to most shows I attend, once I was there and in the atmosphere of the shows I stopped caring about the dent to my wallet  :lol

One thing I don't understand is why Metallica makes their event items so limited, my biggest accomplishment for the weekend was securing not only both event shirts, but both show posters for the weekend. Every booth outside of the stadium was sold out hours before doors, and the booths inside were sold out within 15 minutes of doors opening.  When I saw the 2 40th anniversary shows at Chase Center in SF, each day had 2000 posters.  On this tour when they're playing massive football stadiums (and just set a single-show attendance record at Sofi), each day only had 550. Just insanity, and completely asinine when there's thousands of people willing to shell out money for these posters who now have insane eBay prices as their only option
Metty actually went out to the venue pretty early and event shirts were already sold out in all but the smallest sizes. Like you said, if I want to give them $45 for a shirt they should bloody well allow for it.

edit: Also, there merch manager's a dick. When you sell out of something you take it down, turn it backwards, or post a sign on it showing what sizes you have left. They kept people waiting in line, presumably so they'd buy some other shirt they might not have wanted to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 10:38:08 AM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #648 on: August 30, 2023, 10:30:36 AM »
I’m off to see Ezra Furman in Cardiff with my wife tomorrow night. She is one of my wife’s favourite artists but I can’t say I know a great deal of her music. She did a lot of music for the show Sex Education, which I love. I’m just happy to go to a show, it’s been a while!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: August 30, 2023, 10:46:31 AM »

Metty actually went out to the venue pretty early and event shirts were already sold out in all but the smallest sizes. Like you said, if I want to give them $45 for a shirt they should bloody well allow for it.

edit: Also, there merch manager's a dick. When you sell out of something you take it down, turn it backwards, or post a sign on it showing what sizes you have left. They kept people waiting in line, presumably so they'd buy some other shirt they might not have wanted to begin with.

I wonder if that's part of the plan.  People will buy another shirt most likely anyway, but that kind of forces the issue.  I think that's fucked up personally.

I took a brief look at the merch at the Metlife shows, but nothing was interesting.  I'm not a huge fan of the yellow coloring for this album/tour.  I don't recall even noticing the event tshirts.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #650 on: August 30, 2023, 10:54:05 AM »
I rarely buy shirts at bigger shows... My merch habit is more to support the smaller bands than anything else. The band struggling to fill a 300 person venue at 30 bucks a head needs my money a lot more than bands like Metallica.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: August 30, 2023, 10:57:37 AM »
I rarely buy shirts at bigger shows... My merch habit is more to support the smaller bands than anything else. The band struggling to fill a 300 person venue at 30 bucks a head needs my money a lot more than bands like Metallica.

Mostly my view as well, I'd rather suppor the smaller bands.  But sometimes the design may make me change my mind.  I also already owned a Metallica shirt (from their helping hands benefit concert so the money went to charity and I felt good about that purchase).  Metallica otherwise would need a really good design for me to make a purchase.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #652 on: August 30, 2023, 11:00:56 AM »

I wonder if that's part of the plan.  People will buy another shirt most likely anyway, but that kind of forces the issue.  I think that's fucked up personally.

I took a brief look at the merch at the Metlife shows, but nothing was interesting.  I'm not a huge fan of the yellow coloring for this album/tour.  I don't recall even noticing the event tshirts.
Pretty sure that is the plan. That's why I said the merch guy is a dick.  :lol

They sporting two styles of event shirts. The yellow on black that had the 5th member logo shooting through whatever stadium they're playing, and a different black shirt for each night, which for Dallas were both pretty cool. City specific artwork on the front, a la Maiden, and the Metallica logo and date up high around the neck on back. Dallas was these two logos:

edit: For my part I only buy shirts that are event specific, or for shows that I traveled to see.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: August 30, 2023, 11:02:39 AM »
Sometimes it's just too hard to get an event shirt to make that a rule for myself.  I'm not crazy about that Metallica shirt personally. (hadn't actually seen it until now).

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #654 on: August 30, 2023, 11:05:30 AM »

Yep, 100% this. First time I saw The Dear Hunter (for £10!!!!) I bought a T-shirt and then a few CDs (that I already had) to give to my Dad. This was before the show started. They were so good that after they’d come off stage I went back to the mercy table and just gave them some more money for nothing. I’d have happily paid £30 for the show so I had to give to this incredible band who probably didn’t make a lot from a UK tour.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: August 30, 2023, 11:10:43 AM »
On the topic of shirts, I've made it a point the last two years to make sure I scoop up new power/prog metal band shirts that I see so I can proudly wear them when I go to ProgPower in September.  This year I'm doing three days and my three shirts are: Epica (from their tour last fall), Powerwolf (from their US debut in NYC this year) and Helloween/Hammerfall from their tour together this year.  I wouldn't rate Powerwolf or Helloween close to being my favorite bands, but the shirts were pretty cool so I had no issue buying them.  Been saving them for next week so they are nice and fresh having not been worn (Ok I wore the Helloween shirt to I think the Rhapsody concert, but that's it!).

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #656 on: August 30, 2023, 12:06:38 PM »
I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to shirts.  If there are designs I like, I'll go buy them.  If not, no worries.  I wasn't too keen on most designs of Alter Bridge's tour shirts from when they toured earlier this year, but there was a shirt that I had to buy that looked pretty good.  It's such a good design that coincidentally, Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust also was wearing that Alter Bridge shirt when Sevendust was doing their set.

I also bought a t-shirt of the live show in Chicago of that podcast I normally would listen to.  Those guys have a smaller operation than what bigger bands would do, so I wanted to give them more support.  They also sold nice looking designs on carpets for whatever reasons.

Japanese bands coming to North America would also be there as well in terms of buying merch.  I recall buying a Man With A Mission t-shirt after their set, figuring that they could use the support more than a North American band that's probably going to come back to these parts sooner than a Japanese band.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #657 on: August 30, 2023, 12:40:57 PM »
I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to shirts.  If there are designs I like, I'll go buy them.  If not, no worries.  I wasn't too keen on most designs of Alter Bridge's tour shirts from when they toured earlier this year, but there was a shirt that I had to buy that looked pretty good.  It's such a good design that coincidentally, Lajon Witherspoon of Sevendust also was wearing that Alter Bridge shirt when Sevendust was doing their set.

I also bought a t-shirt of the live show in Chicago of that podcast I normally would listen to.  Those guys have a smaller operation than what bigger bands would do, so I wanted to give them more support.  They also sold nice looking designs on carpets for whatever reasons.

Japanese bands coming to North America would also be there as well in terms of buying merch.  I recall buying a Man With A Mission t-shirt after their set, figuring that they could use the support more than a North American band that's probably going to come back to these parts sooner than a Japanese band.

Speaking of Japanese bands in NA...you may want to think about seeing Hanabie at the Whisky on Oct 6th...they're a heavy metal/metalcore band with a lead singer that is a 4'10" powerhouse. It's going to be an insane night, and you can meet me as well!!! It's sold out, but stubhub has the tix for 30 bucks right now.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #658 on: August 30, 2023, 01:14:40 PM »
^^ As much as I would like to meet you, I can't make it.  I'm seeing Incubus that day at Hollywood Bowl.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #659 on: August 30, 2023, 01:15:50 PM »
 :'(

Just ships passing in the night my friend  :lol

« Reply #660 on: August 30, 2023, 02:34:24 PM »
just wanted to drop a quick note here to let y'all know that i won't be around the forums for a bit. gonna be heading out for a pretty rad long weekend. labor day weekend's coming up, and guess what? i've got tickets to not one, not two, but four phish concerts lined up! yeah, you read that right. i've been a phish fan for years now, and these shows are like a dream come true for me. the band's gonna be playing over the whole weekend at this awesome venue, and i just couldn't pass up the chance to catch all four nights. it's gonna be an absolute blast, and i'm beyond stoked.

so, don't be surprised if you don't see me posting or replying for a little while. i'll be lost in the music, grooving to those jamming tunes, and soaking in the whole experience. if you're into phish, you totally get it, right? i'll be back on here after the weekend, ready to chat and catch up with all the discussions. hope you all have a fantastic labor day weekend, no matter what you're up to. catch you on the flip side!
Welcome to the Forums!

« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2023, 12:51:30 PM »
just wanted to drop a quick note here to let y'all know that i won't be around the forums for a bit. gonna be heading out for a pretty rad long weekend. labor day weekend's coming up, and guess what? i've got tickets to not one, not two, but four phish concerts lined up! yeah, you read that right. i've been a phish fan for years now, and these shows are like a dream come true for me. the band's gonna be playing over the whole weekend at this awesome venue, and i just couldn't pass up the chance to catch all four nights. it's gonna be an absolute blast, and i'm beyond stoked.

so, don't be surprised if you don't see me posting or replying for a little while. i'll be lost in the music, grooving to those jamming tunes, and soaking in the whole experience. if you're into phish, you totally get it, right? i'll be back on here after the weekend, ready to chat and catch up with all the discussions. hope you all have a fantastic labor day weekend, no matter what you're up to. catch you on the flip side!

let me tell you, the first show was something else. i mean, i've seen Phish before, but this one was on a whole different level. the energy in the crowd was palpable, and from the moment they stepped on stage, it was clear we were in for a ride.

now, i gotta talk about Carini. that jam session was out of this world. it clocked in at over 20 minutes, and every second of it was pure magic. the way Trey's guitar work blended with Fishman's drumming, it was like they were communicating on a whole other level. and don't even get me started on Mike's basslines – they were like a heartbeat for the entire crowd.

then came Tweezer, and wow, just wow. it's not often you hear a Tweezer that goes beyond the 20-minute mark, but when Phish does it, they do it right. the way they explored different musical avenues during that jam was mind-blowing. Page's keyboard skills were on full display, and it felt like he was taking us on a journey through a sonic wonderland.

now, here's the thing. i gotta mention that there were some folks around me who were, well, partaking in certain substances. i didn't partake myself, but it was clear that some people were having a different kind of experience at the show. it's all part of the Phish culture, i suppose, but for me, the music itself was enough to elevate me to another plane of existence.

it was an incredible night. i'm sorry for being absent from the forum, but i just had to share this experience with you all. if you ever get the chance to see Phish live, especially at Dick's, don't hesitate. it's an adventure you won't soon forget. 3 more to go!!
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2023, 01:44:28 PM »
Kamelot tonight, time to get my power metal on  :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2023, 02:09:34 AM »
Great fucking show... Xandria really impressed me, especially their singer. Battle Beast was fun, but I don't see myself digging into them any further. Kamelot always delivers though, and this show was the best I've seen of them by far. Whoever that female singer they had was amazing, fantastic cleans and growls, and Tommy is just a force of nature, easily one of the best live vocalists around.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2023, 05:37:21 AM »
I had been too busy at work to write up my kamelot review. Their female vocalist is Melissa Bonny from Ad Infinitum. She sings on the song New Babylon (which they performed) on their new album. I think she's awesome and I really like the new ad infinitum album. Can't wait to see them at Progpower too.