Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102970 times)

Offline Skeever

Re: 2022 NFL Thread
« Reply #2450 on: January 18, 2023, 10:52:29 AM »
I don't think Brady "sucked". He was mid, with a bad line, and awful under pressure. He still played better than many current starts in the league, however.

However, I think he's definitely crossed the line from "blockbuster Free Agent acquisition" for whatever team gets him to "veteran bridge QB", at best. Maybe he's Tampa's bridge, or maybe he goes somewhere else. Wherever it may be, I don't think that place translates to a ready-to-win team.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2451 on: January 18, 2023, 10:52:44 AM »
The main reason the Bucs made the playoffs is they had the best record in a shitty division.  Now, if the NFL would fix their ridiculous seeding formula, teams with losing records would never make the playoffs or at least not be able to host a better team.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2452 on: January 18, 2023, 10:54:09 AM »
Again I'll point out that he's night and day better than Peyton was at the end, and he was successful in a system built to cover his weakness[es] and maximize his strengths. Old guys like them make up for what they lose in physicality with smarts and experience.

Awesome. He still sucked.
That wasn't addressed to you. We already know where you stand. I was referring to whether or not he could still succeed somewhere, as DD and Joe were getting at.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2453 on: January 18, 2023, 10:57:11 AM »
Again I'll point out that he's night and day better than Peyton was at the end, and he was successful in a system built to cover his weakness[es] and maximize his strengths. Old guys like them make up for what they lose in physicality with smarts and experience.

Awesome. He still sucked.
That wasn't addressed to you. We already know where you stand. I was referring to whether or not he could still succeed somewhere, as DD and Joe were getting at.

Ok gotcha.  ;D

I think if he comes in focused and committed, two things he clearly was not this season, then I would agree that he could succeed elsewhere. But it's easy sitting on my couch trying to hedge my bets. Do I hand the guy $25-30m on a crapshoot?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2454 on: January 18, 2023, 11:00:39 AM »
Joe, Brady sucked. All year.

I think he was less effective than previous years but he was the main reason the Bucs even made the playoffs. I think he had like 4 or 5 game winning drives.

I am thinking their defense, which was top 10, was the main reason (outside of playing in a bad division).   Yeah, Brady could still come back and beat bad teams like the Rams and Saints at the end, but he wasn't good this past season.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2455 on: January 18, 2023, 11:33:27 AM »
One year of average play and everyone says retire.  I think the only reason you folks say that is your tired of Brady.  Maybe if his is in full decline you could have your way with him for 1 or 2 more years.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2456 on: January 18, 2023, 11:36:17 AM »
He absolutely could have success on the right team.  If he decides to continue, I will definitely be interested in watching. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2457 on: January 18, 2023, 11:54:32 AM »
One year of average play and everyone says retire.  I think the only reason you folks say that is your tired of Brady.  Maybe if his is in full decline you could have your way with him for 1 or 2 more years.

He was 45 this past season and didn't look like he wanted to ever get hit anymore.  I doubt that is gonna feel any better at 46.  If he goes to Vegas as rumored, it's not like they have a great o-line or a defense ready to win now or a winning coach.  If he wants to go there to play for McDaniels and continue to stat whore, have at it.  What other realistic destination is there where he could and think, "I could win with that team now"?  I am ruling out SF because they don't need him, and if they wanted him, they would have signed him three years ago when he was still very good.  Miami seems logical, but they seem to want to stick with Tua. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2458 on: January 18, 2023, 12:05:44 PM »
Titans could also work.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: January 18, 2023, 12:15:55 PM »

He was 45 this past season and didn't look like he wanted to ever get hit anymore.  I doubt that is gonna feel any better at 46.  If he goes to Vegas as rumored, it's not like they have a great o-line or a defense ready to win now or a winning coach.  If he wants to go there to play for McDaniels and continue to stat whore, have at it.  What other realistic destination is there where he could and think, "I could win with that team now"?  I am ruling out SF because they don't need him, and if they wanted him, they would have signed him three years ago when he was still very good.  Miami seems logical, but they seem to want to stick with Tua.

My take is the divorce affected him like nothing before.  He lost his focus.  He's not a robot.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2460 on: January 18, 2023, 12:17:44 PM »
Does anyone care to discuss the attempt by Brady to kick-tackle the guy who was returning the fumble? Just turn a blind eye right? The video is easy to find. Giant effing asshole and dirty player. But I guess it’s a-ok.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: January 18, 2023, 12:18:28 PM »
No, it was bad.  I saw Mac Jones doing stuff like this as well. 

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2462 on: January 18, 2023, 08:01:34 PM »
Because I have some OCDism I’m compelled to try to solve things, and I think I’ve figured out why Brady does that chickenshit dirty stuff. It’s not competitiveness. Lawrence Taylor wasn’t competitive? Jack Lambert wasn’t? It’s not because he’s considered the “goat” and thinks that gives him carte blanche. You won’t find video of Montana, Marino, or Elway doing that stuff and they were all in the “goat” conversation when active.

What it is, is Brady is/was a geeky buck-toothed wimpy momma’s boy and likely got his ass kicked on the playground a lot, or even more likely ran from every fight. His only way of getting back at the bullies is throwing a ball and kicking guys in the nuts while hiding behind the refs. Give me a better theory. Damn proud of the fact I don’t root for a douche like that.

What really needs to happen is the next time he tries that cowardly stuff is whatever player he kicks should rip his helmet off and just beat the shit out of him, knock a couple teeth out, break his nose. That should put an end to that behavior  :lol.

A bunch of clickbait pundits last week: “the Bucs are the team NOBODY wants to face in the playoffs”  :rollin

As far as game-related stuff, Buck and Aikman refused to point out that one reason the Bucs couldn’t score more is that Brady is afraid to hang in the pocket and take hits. Been doing it all year. Set another record, first QB ever to throw 65+ passes and score less than 17 points. Worst team since 1970 on 3rd and long. You’re washed Tom, go away.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 08:09:05 PM by Dream Team »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2463 on: January 18, 2023, 08:04:05 PM »
Can we assume you won't be seeing 80 For Brady this weekend?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2464 on: January 18, 2023, 08:15:34 PM »
Brady likely towered over most kids in school height-wise and played football in high school.  I doubt anyone was kicking his ass.

And it goes without saying that anyone who plays football is not a wimp.  Even just about any punter or kicker would likely whip the ass of your average wannabe tough guy in a bar.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2465 on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:32 PM »
He's bitchy and he's a sore loser.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2466 on: January 18, 2023, 08:19:34 PM »
Are you talking about Tom Brady or Dream Team?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: January 18, 2023, 08:31:03 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2468 on: January 18, 2023, 08:35:02 PM »
This young lady is practically auditioning to be Brady's rebound (as if he likely already hasn't had a bunch :lol):

Something tells me he is gonna be just fine despite the divorce.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2469 on: January 18, 2023, 09:48:32 PM »
First thing he needs to do is buy her a sandwich.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2470 on: January 18, 2023, 10:56:25 PM »
First thing he needs to do is buy her a sandwich.

So glad I’m not the only one.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online pg1067

« Reply #2471 on: January 19, 2023, 05:13:57 AM »
Cough...cough...skank...cough...cough....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2472 on: January 19, 2023, 05:31:40 AM »
Is she Ben Affleck's nanny?
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2473 on: January 19, 2023, 05:48:34 AM »
Is she Ben Affleck's nanny?

No, Affleck's nanny is Jimmy Kimmel.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2474 on: January 19, 2023, 07:13:43 AM »
Because I have some OCDism I’m compelled to try to solve things
I'm not sure that's your compulsion.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2475 on: January 19, 2023, 07:29:44 AM »
Because I have some OCDism I’m compelled to try to solve things
I'm not sure that's your compulsion.

Yeah, I see very very little "OCD" in that jealousy screed.   Man oh man.  I just can't manifest that much hate for someone I've never met personally.  :) :) :) :)

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2476 on: January 19, 2023, 07:32:36 AM »

Bitchy is probably an understatement.  I've seen him acting like a fucking tyrant on the sidelines.  A far cry from his politically correct press conferences.  I guess that's what happens when 7 titles go straight to your head.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: January 19, 2023, 07:58:18 AM »

Bitchy is probably an understatement.  I've seen him acting like a fucking tyrant on the sidelines.  A far cry from his politically correct press conferences.  I guess that's what happens when 7 titles go straight to your head.

So did Dan Marino and Phillip Rivers.  So?

Yawn.  God forbid we demand the same level of greatness around us that we demand of ourselves.  I'd rather be bitched out by the Greatest Of All Time, and take home the hardware, than coddled and joked around with by someone who couldn't win a game of solitaire. 

And funny enough, most of the players who ACTUALLY PLAYED WITH HIM, speak highly of him. It's mostly keyboard warriors and opponents who have beef with him.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2478 on: January 19, 2023, 08:14:17 AM »
TB12 fanboys getting all defensive.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2479 on: January 19, 2023, 08:17:52 AM »
I just like it that he's in your heads.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2480 on: January 19, 2023, 08:21:14 AM »
Something tells me he is gonna be just fine despite the divorce.

I think your criteria for "just fine" might just be a bit off.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2481 on: January 19, 2023, 08:51:32 AM »
I just like it that he's in your heads.  :lol

Exactly.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2482 on: January 19, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »
Not anymore TG.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2483 on: January 19, 2023, 09:47:06 AM »
I don't get it. 

But anyway, speaking of Prescott and the Cowboys, gonna be fun to watch the Cowboys get slaughtered worse on Sunday than in the final act of Tombstone.  :corn

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2484 on: January 19, 2023, 10:07:10 AM »
2 great defenses.  Which offense can make no errors will win that game.