Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 113279 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2022, 09:55:53 AM »
I agree live in Berlin is great! Will buy this one for sure, had a great time listening to it.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2022, 11:22:14 AM »
I'm hoping to get accurate info on the release dates of all the LNFA releases. Below is what I've found on the internet, please correct if I'm wrong.
Below that are the Ytsejam releases that haven't been re-released for the LNFA yet.
And below THAT are what I see as possibilities (or personal, far-off hopes) for future releases (some are the ones MP said he was working on in 2010 before the split). Feel free to discuss what you're hoping to see!

LOST NOT FORGOTTEN ARCHIVES

06/25/21 - Images and Words – Live in Japan, 2017*
07/23/21 - A Dramatic Tour of Events – Select Board Mixes*
09/14/21 - Master of Puppets – Live in Barcelona, 2002
09/17/21 - Train of Thought Instrumental Demos (2003)
12/03/21 - When Dream and Day Reunite (Live)
01/21/22 - The Majesty Demos (1985-1986)
02/25/22 - Awake Demos (1994)
03/18/22 - Live in NYC – 1993
04/08/22 - ...And Beyond – Live in Japan, 2017*
05/13/22 - Falling into Infinity Demos, 1996-1997
06/10/22 - The Number of the Beast (2002)
08/12/22 - Live in Berlin (2019)*
09/09/22 - Images and Words Demos (1989-1991)

*New physical releases for LNFA

List of Ytsejam Products

DEMO SERIES
When Dream and Day Unite Demos 1987-1989

STUDIO SERIES
The Making of Falling Into Infinity
The Making of Scenes From a Memory

LIVE SERIES
Tokyo, Japan 10/28/95
Old Bridge, New Jersey 12/14/96
Los Angeles, California 5/18/98
Romania, Bucharest 7/4/02 (DVD only)
Santiago, Chile 12/6/05 (DVD only)

COVER SERIES
The Dark Side of the Moon
Made in Japan
Uncovered 2003-2005

LTE SERIES
Live in NYC
When the Keyboard Breaks: Live in Chicago
Live in LA
LTE Live 2008 (Box Set)

POSSIBILITIES??

Collins Era Live Disc 1986
Dominici Era Live Disc 1988-1989
Edinburgh, Scotland 11/28/93 (Kevin’s Last Show)
Poughkeepsie, NY 12/30/98 (Derek’s Last Show)
The Making of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Download Festival (Donington, UK) 6/14/09
Summer Sonic Festival (Chiba, Japan) 8/8/10 (MP’s Last Show)
Rush Covers Disc
30th Anniversary Tour 2015
The Astonishing Demos/The Making of The Astonishing
The Astonishing Live 2016
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release the Ronnie Scott's show and/or one or more of the acoustic shows.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #773 on: August 15, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release the Ronnie Scott's show and/or one or more of the acoustic shows.

This would be AMAZING if they release it officially. I personally would like the Fan Club show which includes Speak to Me.

Offline HOF

« Reply #774 on: August 15, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

This would be AMAZING if they release it officially. I personally would like the Fan Club show which includes Speak to Me.

Yep, both of these please!. I wonder if the guest performances at Ronnie Scott’s (Howe, Hogarth/Rothery, Cookie Monster) make it prohibitive to release it though? Not sure how that works in terms of royalties or if they have to get record company permission or something?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2022, 03:55:38 PM »

Yep, both of these please!. I wonder if the guest performances at Ronnie Scott’s (Howe, Hogarth/Rothery, Cookie Monster) make it prohibitive to release it though? Not sure how that works in terms of royalties or if they have to get record company permission or something?

I know they did a Metallica song with the Cookie Monster guy and a Yes song with Howe.  Including those songs would require payment of royalties to the owners of the publishing rights for those songs (in the case of Metallica, I'm pretty sure that's an entity called Creeping Death Music, but I'm not sure about Yes).  Not sure who the other guys you mentioned are, but the same would be true if they performed non-DT songs.  There would be no additional royalty payments required for a guest musician on a DT song, unless they performed pursuant to a contract that required such payments.

I would imagine that the YJR "Cover Series" releases generated virtually no profit.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline HOF

« Reply #776 on: August 15, 2022, 08:20:42 PM »

I know they did a Metallica song with the Cookie Monster guy and a Yes song with Howe.  Including those songs would require payment of royalties to the owners of the publishing rights for those songs (in the case of Metallica, I'm pretty sure that's an entity called Creeping Death Music, but I'm not sure about Yes).  Not sure who the other guys you mentioned are, but the same would be true if they performed non-DT songs.  There would be no additional royalty payments required for a guest musician on a DT song, unless they performed pursuant to a contract that required such payments.

I would imagine that the YJR "Cover Series" releases generated virtually no profit.

I guess the whole Ronnie Scott’s show was covers, so that’s probably the reason they may not release it moreso than the guest performers. Just didn’t know if maybe those guys would also get a cut for being part of the performance in addition to any royalties.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #777 on: August 15, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »
As a long time Dream Theater fan, I actually have zero interest in the Ronnie Scott's show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #778 on: August 15, 2022, 08:39:01 PM »
As a long time Dream Theater fan, I actually have zero interest in the Ronnie Scott's show.

OMG This! How this is such a 'holy grail' release is beyond me. But I appreciate many fans enjoy them playing music by other artists, which, again, is beyond me.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #779 on: August 15, 2022, 09:16:34 PM »

OMG This! How this is such a 'holy grail' release is beyond me. But I appreciate many fans enjoy them playing music by other artists, which, again, is beyond me.

Same here, I have zero interest in any of the cover releases.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline HOF

« Reply #780 on: August 15, 2022, 09:23:33 PM »

I mostly just want to have that version of Easter on CD (it was my introduction to Marillion), though it’s not like I don’t have about a dozen other live performances of it already. The Red Hill Mining Town cover was good too. Just looked up the track list, and I didn’t realize Hogarth did Happiness Is A Warm Gun for that show too. That’s another fun nugget for me, though it’s as much of a draw as a Marillion fan than as a DT fan.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #781 on: August 15, 2022, 09:25:38 PM »
That was my introduction to Marillion too! Except for me, it was also the last song of theirs I ever wanted to hear.  :)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline HOF

« Reply #782 on: August 15, 2022, 09:32:21 PM »
That was my introduction to Marillion too! Except for me, it was also the last song of theirs I ever wanted to hear.  :)

It floored me the first time I heard it. At that point DT was my favorite band, but within a few years Marillion would take their place.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #783 on: August 15, 2022, 09:38:15 PM »
I should apologize, I didn't mean to crap on your memory; I just had the complete opposite reaction. Marillion is just one of those bands lots of DT fans like that I cannot get in to.

Offline HOF

« Reply #784 on: August 15, 2022, 10:04:50 PM »
I should apologize, I didn't mean to crap on your memory; I just had the complete opposite reaction. Marillion is just one of those bands lots of DT fans like that I cannot get in to.

Oh, no apology necessary, I was just sharing my opposite reaction. It’s funny how two people can hear the same thing and react totally differently like that. At the end of the day we’re all unique I guess.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #785 on: August 16, 2022, 03:05:53 AM »

Same here, I have zero interest in any of the cover releases.

I wanted Master coz I had a problem with my old copy. I enjoyed Beast, but didn’t really care to hear it again. I’ve got all of what I care to get from Ronnie’s through ACOS. Unless there’s something really cool that I absolutely haven’t heard then I don’t care for more covers. Would rather hear demos that I haven’t heard before.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #786 on: August 16, 2022, 06:11:37 AM »
Anything they haven't released before is what I want. I'm glad for all that are experiencing the Ytsejam Boots for the first time now that they're on Spotify, et al. But I want the unreleased stuff. Live in Berlin is amazing. More of that, please.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #787 on: August 16, 2022, 06:44:42 AM »
In theory the Master and Beast covers would be amazing but James' voice isn't suited to either one unfortunately. I guess I prefer the Master cover more because of MP's awesome Ulrichass-kicking drumming. The Beast cover is noteworthy only for the cool Gangland lounge version.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #788 on: August 16, 2022, 06:54:29 AM »
I would like the cover set, because that's something different.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: August 16, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »

By the way, "Cookie Monster Guy" is Barney Greenway from Napalm Death.  I'm not sure it's necessarily a "Holy Grail" release, but it's like anything else; no one is asking you to buy anything you don't want to buy.   I happen to like when they do covers, and that was a cool way to get all of them in one place; now, we have piece meals from various videos, live releases, and Fan Club CDs.  I'm not asking for the world, just a concise way of experiencing the night in question without having to guess where all the pieces go.  I think it's fun and interesting when they play with other people.  If no one else is interested in that, that's cool.  No harm, no foul.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #790 on: August 16, 2022, 10:25:11 AM »

By the way, "Cookie Monster Guy" is Barney Greenway from Napalm Death.  I'm not sure it's necessarily a "Holy Grail" release, but it's like anything else; no one is asking you to buy anything you don't want to buy.   I happen to like when they do covers, and that was a cool way to get all of them in one place; now, we have piece meals from various videos, live releases, and Fan Club CDs.  I'm not asking for the world, just a concise way of experiencing the night in question without having to guess where all the pieces go.  I think it's fun and interesting when they play with other people.  If no one else is interested in that, that's cool.  No harm, no foul.

I'm also interested FWIW.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #791 on: August 16, 2022, 11:10:10 AM »
I guess the whole Ronnie Scott’s show was covers, so that’s probably the reason they may not release it moreso than the guest performers. Just didn’t know if maybe those guys would also get a cut for being part of the performance in addition to any royalties.

It's certainly possible that there were contracts with the guest performers that would entitle them to royalties.  No way to know that.  However, looking at setlist.fm, it was, indeed, all covers (blue indicates release on ACOS, red indicates release on 5YIAL):

- Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (Elton John)
- Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple)
- Red Hill Mining Town (U2)
- The Rover/Achilles Last Stand/The Song Remains the Same (Led Zeppelin)
- Tears (Rush)
- Damage, Inc. (Metallica)
- Happiness Is a Warm Gun (The Beatles)
- Easter (Marillion)
- Winter (Tori Amos)
- In the Dead of Night (U.K.)
- Machine Messiah/Heart of the Sunrise/Close to the Edge/Siberian Khatru/Starship Trooper (Yes)
- The Big Medley (Floyd/Kansas/Queen/Journey/Dregs/Genesis)

I feel like there was an official release of Tears somewhere, but I don't recall any specifics.

I'm mostly the same.  Given that most of it was officially released, and the only stuff that wasn't released I'm not interested in (really, only the other Yes songs), it'd be a big nothing for me.  However, if they released a video, I might be up for that (frankly, that's probably the case for virtually any live release anymore).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline HOF

« Reply #792 on: August 16, 2022, 12:05:00 PM »

Yeah, I’m not all that interested in any of the DT playing DT live releases at this point. This was just a concert with some interesting (to me) covers and guests and I’d gladly plunk down a little money to get a high quality copy of the full thing (though they can leave Cookie Monster off*).

*yes, I know it’s Barney from Napalm Death.

Offline Kram

« Reply #793 on: August 16, 2022, 12:13:07 PM »
I would like the Ronnie Scott's show as for nothing else but to have the complete show, and JLB was in his top form back then. 

Also, Dark Side of the Moon is the best full album cover they did by a long shot!  They did an amazing job with it IMO.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: August 16, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »

It's certainly possible that there were contracts with the guest performers that would entitle them to royalties.  No way to know that.  However, looking at setlist.fm, it was, indeed, all covers (blue indicates release on ACOS, red indicates release on 5YIAL):

- Tears (Rush)
- Easter (Marillion)
- Winter (Tori Amos)
- Machine Messiah/Heart of the Sunrise/Close to the Edge/Siberian Khatru/Starship Trooper (Yes)

I feel like there was an official release of Tears somewhere, but I don't recall any specifics.

I'm mostly the same.  Given that most of it was officially released, and the only stuff that wasn't released I'm not interested in (really, only the other Yes songs), it'd be a big nothing for me.  However, if they released a video, I might be up for that (frankly, that's probably the case for virtually any live release anymore).

Tears and Red Hill Mining Town were on a Fan Club CD.  1996, I think.

Winter is the song I'd like to get a good quality recording of.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #795 on: August 16, 2022, 04:08:29 PM »

- Tears (Rush)
- Easter (Marillion)
- Winter (Tori Amos)

Tears and Red Hill Mining Town were on a Fan Club CD.  1996, I think.

Winter is the song I'd like to get a good quality recording of.

See, I really want the full Yes package and the UK tune. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #796 on: August 18, 2022, 04:22:02 PM »
Random question (or idea for a future release if anyone involved is reading):

There's gotta be video from the entire August 30, 2000 show (the LSFNY show).  Right?  We have full audio on the CD release, but we haven't seen video from most of the second set.  Seems like it would be an easy choice for a future release.  Right?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #797 on: August 18, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »

There's gotta be video from the entire August 30, 2000 show (the LSFNY show).  Right?  We have full audio on the CD release, but we haven't seen video from most of the second set.  Seems like it would be an easy choice for a future release.  Right?

I think we were talking about this when YTR was still a thing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #798 on: August 18, 2022, 04:42:22 PM »

I asked about that awhile back, and I don't recall the specifics, but it was something along the lines of some of the additional video being lost or not release quality or something.  That was on my personal bucket list of things I wanted to see (as well as additional Mangini audition footage and some other things). 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #799 on: August 18, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »

Looks like only 31:48 of video hasn't been released (from "Metropolis Pt. 1" to "Acid Rain"). It would been really cool to get an updated package with the full video and remastered audio CDs, but that's wishful thinking.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #800 on: August 18, 2022, 10:58:08 PM »
Would be great if they were doing VoDs or Blu-Rays or whatever, just some visual content would be awesome.

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #801 on: August 19, 2022, 02:47:04 AM »
I doubt we will see any video content in this series. I get the impression a big part of the point of these releases is to get them up on streaming sites. I really doubt they generate enough revenue to warrant the extra time that goes into a video release.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #802 on: August 19, 2022, 04:17:15 AM »
Would be really cool and I think great fanservice. But this series is focused (I think) on getting it to streaming services and selling vinyls.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #803 on: August 19, 2022, 08:08:01 AM »
Progressive metal titans Dream Theater perform their distinctive rendition of ‘Made in Japan’, the quintessential live record from British heavy metal icons, Deep Purple. Recorded live in 2006 at NHK Hall in Osaka, Japan, the 7-track recording memorializes this one-of-a-kind performance from the New York quintet, honoring the original and historic 1972 classic. Re-mastered and re-released for the first time on vinyl, ‘Made in Japan’ marks the next can’t-miss release in Dream Theater’s growing Lost Not Forgotten Archives collection. Pre-order now here on CD, Vinyl & Digital: https://dream-theater.lnk.to/LNFA-MadeInJapan-Live2006

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #804 on: August 19, 2022, 08:36:49 AM »
Boring! Thankfully only Dark Side to go of these.