Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118415 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis
« Reply #2660 on: March 24, 2021, 05:51:52 AM »
Wow I think Watson is done. Very detailed accounts of multiple sexual assaults.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2661 on: March 24, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »
His attorney claims that at least two of the accusations he can prove weren't logistically possible.  I don't know how an accuser can make a rookie mistake like that, but still.

I'd also ask, why now?  Without any comment or judgment on the veracity of the claims, I find it more than coincidence that as the power plays between him and the club escalate, these accusations come up.   Was the club shielding these for the last few years when things were rosy? 

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #2662 on: March 24, 2021, 07:55:37 AM »
I guess I would ask - why civil lawsuits? Shouldn't the police be involved and shouldn't there be some investigations?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2663 on: March 24, 2021, 08:22:23 AM »
Seems like this happens a lot. Harvey Weinstein. A lot of women wait for someone else to be the first. But yes I agree they should go for criminal charges immediately. Sounds like the guy is a predator. Unrestrained sexual appetite always leads to bad consequences fellas.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2664 on: March 24, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »
Different standard of proof is the main thing.  In many of these cases, absent a rape kit or any other evidence, it's a he-said-she-said, and that doesn't work well with "beyond a reasonable doubt".   Criminal cases also can't be settled out with money, only lesser charges, which might still make him a felon and/or put him on a registry.  Don't flame me, but there is also less vengeance and retribution for the victim in a criminal case.  Civil cases are a different standard (preponderance of the evidence; think "50/50"), and can be settled out with money, directly to the victim.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2665 on: March 27, 2021, 07:55:17 AM »
Lot of movement in the past day or so.  Something big is brewing.   

Jimmy G. back to New England?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2666 on: March 27, 2021, 08:36:23 AM »

I could see it.  The hope then is that his and Cam's inevitable injuries do not overlap and the Patriots can scrape together 16 starts between the two.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2667 on: March 27, 2021, 02:22:20 PM »
Love how these teams throw millions around like candy for Goff and Jimmy before they’ve even proven themselves, and soon regret it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2668 on: March 27, 2021, 06:29:36 PM »

I could see it.  The hope then is that his and Cam's inevitable injuries do not overlap and the Patriots can scrape together 16 starts between the two.

Cam won't get injured.   He'll just suck.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2669 on: March 27, 2021, 06:58:25 PM »

Yeah, it'll suck that he won't get injured.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2670 on: March 27, 2021, 07:03:46 PM »
Watching last year seeing him miss short passes wide open and not reading defenses was a shock coming from Brady.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2671 on: March 27, 2021, 07:12:59 PM »
Accuracy and reading defenses have never been Cam's biggest strengths, but remember that he had probably the worst skill position players in the league in 2020.  Getting those two new tight ends alone will upgrade their offense.  Not saying he is going to return to form (I still think he is getting close to being physically shot), but that coaching staff will squeeze every good ounce out of him that is still there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: March 27, 2021, 07:23:40 PM »
He is the weak link right now. No disputing that now.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2673 on: March 27, 2021, 08:57:44 PM »

Yeah, it'll suck that he won't get injured.

HAHAHA

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2674 on: March 27, 2021, 08:59:12 PM »

I agree; I can live with a missed pass or two.  I watched as much Eli as I did Tom, so there's that.  But he just always seemed to come up a step short, there was always an excuse, and if you're going to carry a team "one step short" doesn't cut it.   

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2675 on: March 27, 2021, 09:32:40 PM »

I agree; I can live with a missed pass or two.  I watched as much Eli as I did Tom, so there's that.  But he just always seemed to come up a step short, there was always an excuse, and if you're going to carry a team "one step short" doesn't cut it.
Cam won't be carrying the team this year. The team will be carrying Cam. All he'll have to do is not make himself dead weight, like he was last year.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2676 on: March 28, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »

Cam won't be carrying the team this year. The team will be carrying Cam. All he'll have to do is not make himself dead weight, like he was last year.

I don't disagree with that, but there's something that doesn't jive with the Belichick/McDaniel mindset; there's no real room for "carrying" someone in a "do your job" environment.  And while I understand that the toolbox looked a little empty last year, they play-called as if Cam was the guy.  That run at the 1-yd where he got stuffed.  That run where he fumbled because he - after 10 years in the league - still didn't know what side of the body to hold the football on.

I know, I know, I'm a hater, and I cop to that.   I defer to Bill and Josh's wisdom, I just wish I understood it a LITTLE better than I do.  Honestly, I'm hoping that Bill's stated "commitment" to Cam is a way of keeping prices down on the guy(s) he REALLY wants.    Of my four top guys:  Garappolo, Stafford, Wentz and Watson, two are off the table, one is effectively off the table, so Bill has to do something to keep things honest (though the 49ers telegraphing their moves like that is a nice little help too.)

El Barto, what's your take on Darnold in New England?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2677 on: March 28, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »

I don't disagree with that, but there's something that doesn't jive with the Belichick/McDaniel mindset; there's no real room for "carrying" someone in a "do your job" environment.  And while I understand that the toolbox looked a little empty last year, they play-called as if Cam was the guy.  That run at the 1-yd where he got stuffed.  That run where he fumbled because he - after 10 years in the league - still didn't know what side of the body to hold the football on.

I know, I know, I'm a hater, and I cop to that.   I defer to Bill and Josh's wisdom, I just wish I understood it a LITTLE better than I do.  Honestly, I'm hoping that Bill's stated "commitment" to Cam is a way of keeping prices down on the guy(s) he REALLY wants.    Of my four top guys:  Garappolo, Stafford, Wentz and Watson, two are off the table, one is effectively off the table, so Bill has to do something to keep things honest (though the 49ers telegraphing their moves like that is a nice little help too.)

I don't think he's the solution, and I'd just as soon Bill/JMD hold out for the guy they want. If that means rolling with Cam for another year then that'll have to do. That would be far from my first choice, but it'd be better than rolling the dice on somebody who's not their guy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2678 on: March 29, 2021, 08:42:53 AM »

I know you didn’t ask me, but I would be sick to my stomach if that happened. I’m firmly in the camp that Darnold hasn’t gotten a fair shake in New York, and my preference would be for the Jets to give him one more year with an actual roster built around him. If he doesn’t make strides then they can move on, but it’s better than drafting Justin Fields who I think needs to sit for a year behind a veteran which he would not be able to do on the Jets. Give Sam Darnold one last chance. It’s the best option right now.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: March 29, 2021, 11:14:13 AM »
That trade would have to be 3 parties and I still think the Johnson family will not do that.  Bad blood between them and Bill.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2680 on: March 29, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »
Hell would freeze over before Darnold ends up playing for the Pats next year. Some other team would have to trade for him and then subsequently trade him to the Pats without the Jets knowing that was going to be his final destination, and that's the kind of thing I get the sense GMs don't do to each other.

I do agree with Count that Darnold still has potential to be a viable starter in this league. He's still young, he's flashed at times, and the organization has done him no favors in terms of the talent they've surrounded him with (both players and coaches). That said, I want them to trade him for whatever they can get and take a QB at 2. Best case scenario and he puts it together this year we immediately have to start paying him bigtime QB money. If he doesn't and we want to move on next year, we probably aren't getting quite as high a draft pick to start with and the potential QB class is a bit lackluster compared with this year. I'd rather rip the band-aid off now and get a young guy in for the next four years on a rookie payscale.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2681 on: April 05, 2021, 02:10:12 PM »
Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers. I guess Justin Fields going number two is definite now.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2682 on: April 05, 2021, 02:13:15 PM »
I hear more chatter that we'll take Zach Wilson, but it should be one of those two.

Be good to him hef, he never had a fair shot with what we surrounded him with here.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2683 on: April 05, 2021, 02:14:47 PM »
I hear more chatter that we'll take Zach Wilson, but it should be one of those two.

Be good to him hef, he never had a fair shot with what we surrounded him with here.

That’s how I feel as well. At least he didn’t go to a team I hate and I think he could do some good things if Carolina actually surrounds him with talent.

-MirrorMask

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2684 on: April 05, 2021, 02:31:29 PM »
Sam Darnold traded to the Panthers. I guess Justin Fields going number two is definite now.

I’d never take an Ohio St. qb, they never translate to the NFL.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: April 05, 2021, 02:43:23 PM »

Be careful what you say!   ;)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: April 05, 2021, 08:50:34 PM »

Be careful what you say!   ;)

Oh God, you ain't kidding! What a mess (your post in P/R might have gotten lost in the weeds but I caught it)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2687 on: April 05, 2021, 10:31:49 PM »
No thoughts on the 17 game season? Heard on the radio that this is just laying the groundwork for an 18 game season, which is what the owners have wanted for a long time, which I think we all knew. But what caught my ear was that the goal was to have the Superb Owl the Sunday before President's Day weekend, as many people have that Monday off work.

Also, if you missed the final Jeopardy with Aaron Rogers, be sure to check it out on YouTube. Glorious.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2688 on: April 06, 2021, 10:02:11 AM »
No thoughts on the 17 game season? Heard on the radio that this is just laying the groundwork for an 18 game season, which is what the owners have wanted for a long time, which I think we all knew. But what caught my ear was that the goal was to have the Superb Owl the Sunday before President's Day weekend, as many people have that Monday off work.

How are they doing it in terms of who gets an extra home game and who gets an extra road game?  I know the Broncos have 9 home games this year.  Is it the teams who sucked the prior season get the extra home game?  How much bitching and moaning can we expect when a team with an extra home game gets a playoff spot over a team with an extra road game?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2689 on: April 06, 2021, 11:19:20 AM »
I believe the 17th game will be an AFC team vs an NCF team. Division and standings from a previous year play into it, but as far as who gets the home game, I think the AFC will get the extra home game, and then the NGC will get it the following year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #2690 on: April 06, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »
I believe the 17th game will be an AFC team vs an NCF team. Division and standings from a previous year play into it, but as far as who gets the home game, I think the AFC will get the extra home game, and then the NGC will get it the following year.

WOW - I didn't realize they were adding two new conferences!  ;D

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: April 06, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »

WOW - I didn't realize they were adding two new conferences!  ;D

Those WERE the conferences back in 1976.   ;D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2692 on: April 06, 2021, 12:50:20 PM »
The NCF and the NGC?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2693 on: April 06, 2021, 04:34:45 PM »
Dammit! :lol

I know better than to type on my phone at work.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2694 on: April 06, 2021, 04:57:20 PM »
Dammit! :lol

I know better than to type on my phone at work.

I'm like Agent Smith slowly infecting you all.