Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118333 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis
« Reply #2520 on: February 11, 2021, 03:49:41 PM »
Joe will give this guy the finger, and Tim will ask, 'who?", but Nick Wright, who is filling in this week for Colin Cowherd (who had a blood clot in his right lung and had to be rushed to the ER), had a good point: Tom Brady is like LeBron James in that he is the system. Wherever he goes, a championship inevitably follows, and wherever he leaves, goes to shit pretty quickly.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2521 on: February 11, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »
I didn't know that about Colin. 2 years ago for the second time I was in the hospital for blood clots in my lungs.

Now for Nick Wright that turd.  Lol. I think that statement rings true.  I do think coaching in football is more important (see throwing kn the 1 yard line) and the preparation for that call for the Pats D. 

I've always said you need both to win 6.  Tampa will have a target next year.   Tough hill to climb.  Ask KC.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2522 on: February 11, 2021, 04:36:16 PM »
In NE Tom and Bill were both the system. That's why it worked so well. I don't know if the NBA works this way, but the bigger issue with NE is that players wanted to come to NE and play with Tom. And players like obnoxious loudmouth Danny Amendola were happy to take pay cuts to stay and play with Tom. I think the exodus of talent and the inability to replace it will be a bigger blow than just losing TB12.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2523 on: February 11, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »
Oh for sure. You need a marquee QB anywhere to get better players to join.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2524 on: February 11, 2021, 07:18:08 PM »
Joe will give this guy the finger, and Tim will ask, 'who?", but Nick Wright,

Yeah I have no idea who that is.  :lol

I've always said you need both to win 6.  Tampa will have a target next year.   Tough hill to climb.  Ask KC.

Yes, you needed both, but it was Brady that enabled Bill to run his system.
And Tampa has a tit schedule next year. 2nd place schedule and the NFC East. They should have the Pats blueprint to win one game and then you're in the NFC CG.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2525 on: February 11, 2021, 07:25:11 PM »
Yep, the Bucs have it made in the shade next year, with an easy schedule and the Saints a question mark thanks to Brees likely retiring.  They should be a lock for 12-13 wins and one of the top 2 seeds. Get ready for Brady to win number 8!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2526 on: February 11, 2021, 07:35:55 PM »
I see the Bucs play the Pats next season, I'm sure there will be no hype for that matchup.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: February 11, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »
I just hope fans will be able to go to that game.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2528 on: February 11, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »
I hope the Pats have a quarterback for that game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2529 on: February 11, 2021, 07:58:18 PM »
So what's the rumor mill on the QB situation in NE? I'm sure Belichick is still behind Cam Newton, or has he been cut already?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2530 on: February 11, 2021, 08:10:14 PM »
So what's the rumor mill on the QB situation in NE? I'm sure Belichick is still behind Cam Newton, or has he been cut already?

Newton is technically a free agent. He only signed a one year contract. There are whispers that he could be back. Bill likes him, and he was popular in the locker room.

No one really knows WTF Bill is thinking at QB. Your guess is as good as anybody's.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2531 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:36 PM »
After the last season Cam isn't going to get a starting job. If he's going to be a backup for somebody then NE's the best choice. He can go on being a leader in the lockerroom. He can compete with the new guy during training camp. He'll make a solid backup, and even an occasional change of pace quarterback. And he'll only cost backup QB money. Seems like a win for everybody to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2532 on: February 12, 2021, 08:41:36 AM »
Watt cut not traded by the Texans!!  :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2533 on: February 12, 2021, 08:47:44 AM »
Didn't JJ want out from the Texans? I'd figure he'd be traded so the other team could eat his salary, I'm guess with cutting him the Texans get off free?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2534 on: February 12, 2021, 08:55:59 AM »
I'd think they'd want to get something for him.  Just shocked they outright cut him.  He was asking to be released.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2535 on: February 12, 2021, 09:29:43 AM »
Thought of something this morning. When the Yankees won 4 World Series in 5 years from 1996-2000 there were no headlines that read "Derek Jeter wins 4th World Series". Same with Aikman winning 3 SBs in 4 years or even when Montana got his 4th the headlines were "Forty Niners . . . ". The cultish behavior is a recent thing, where a subset of delirious fans discount 52/53 player's contributions and lay them all at the feet of one person who plays half the game. Shrugs.
It's not cultish, and I don't even like Brady.

Who the fuck else even played on those Patriot teams?  Brady was the only real star I can think of, except when he had Moss, and that awesome team didn't even win.  That's not the case with the Yankees, Cowboys, or 49ers teams you mentioned. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2536 on: February 12, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »
Watt had a no-trade clause in his contract. At the same time, that simply means he could veto any trade, or accept one if he liked the deal. The Texans, from what I can tell, had already covered his guaranteed money, so there's no dead cap penalty for getting rid of him however they see fit. My guess is that he demanded to be cut rather than traded so he can negotiate a new contract. That's surprising since he was due 17.5 this year, but you never know. Maybe he wanted a better long term deal.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2537 on: February 12, 2021, 09:39:41 AM »
Thought of something this morning. When the Yankees won 4 World Series in 5 years from 1996-2000 there were no headlines that read "Derek Jeter wins 4th World Series". Same with Aikman winning 3 SBs in 4 years or even when Montana got his 4th the headlines were "Forty Niners . . . ". The cultish behavior is a recent thing, where a subset of delirious fans discount 52/53 player's contributions and lay them all at the feet of one person who plays half the game. Shrugs.

Who the fuck else even played on those Patriot teams?  Brady was the only real star I can think of, except when he had Moss, and that awesome team didn't even win.  That's not the case with the Yankees, Cowboys, or 49ers teams you mentioned.
It's not fair to say they didn't win with MOss. They didn't win the Superb Owl, but they won 18 other games. More to the point, NE has always had a solid roster up until the last few years, and even recently they've had a stellar secondary. Brady has always benefited from people like Gronk, Welker, and Edelman. He's always benefited from having James White catching out of the backfield, or Blount or Dillon bowling over defenders. For most of his career he's benefited from having one of the top scoring D's and excellent ST. Just because they don't have 15 HOFers coming out of this era doesn't mean he didn't have a superb supporting cast for most of his time in NE.
E.F. Benson

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2538 on: February 12, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »
I’m guessing JJ goes to Pittsburgh to play with his brother.

But there is that 1% hope he comes home to the Packers.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2539 on: February 12, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »

Patriots had a ton of amazing players on those earlier teams.... remember Rodney Harrison?  Tedy Bruschi? Asante Samual? Richard Seymour?  I specifically chose defensive players only.  They had some really solid defenses through Brady's career.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2540 on: February 12, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
In NE Tom and Bill were both the system. That's why it worked so well. I don't know if the NBA works this way, but the bigger issue with NE is that players wanted to come to NE and play with Tom. And players like obnoxious loudmouth Danny Amendola were happy to take pay cuts to stay and play with Tom. I think the exodus of talent and the inability to replace it will be a bigger blow than just losing TB12.

Totally.  I think maybe the best NBA comparison would be the Popovich/Duncan Spurs. 

It's not fair to say they didn't win with MOss. They didn't win the Superb Owl, but they won 18 other games. More to the point, NE has always had a solid roster up until the last few years, and even recently they've had a stellar secondary. Brady has always benefited from people like Gronk, Welker, and Edelman. He's always benefited from having James White catching out of the backfield, or Blount or Dillon bowling over defenders. For most of his career he's benefited from having one of the top scoring D's and excellent ST. Just because they don't have 15 HOFers coming out of this era doesn't mean he didn't have a superb supporting cast for most of his time in NE.

That's all true, but I think it misses the point of what Hef is saying.  The point is simply that, in terms of Brady getting the spotlight, it is completely logical.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2541 on: February 12, 2021, 11:35:11 AM »
It's not fair to say they didn't win with MOss. They didn't win the Superb Owl, but they won 18 other games.
The Super Bowl is the only thing I was talking about.

More to the point, NE has always had a solid roster up until the last few years, and even recently they've had a stellar secondary. Brady has always benefited from people like Gronk, Welker, and Edelman. He's always benefited from having James White catching out of the backfield, or Blount or Dillon bowling over defenders. For most of his career he's benefited from having one of the top scoring D's and excellent ST. Just because they don't have 15 HOFers coming out of this era doesn't mean he didn't have a superb supporting cast for most of his time in NE.
Of course, they've had solid rosters; you don't win Super Bowls without solid rosters, no matter WHO is playing QB.  But all of those other teams mentioned had All-World rosters, filled with future HOF-ers.  That was my only point.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2542 on: February 12, 2021, 06:01:09 PM »
Urban Meyer......what an arrogant  :censored  He loves surrounding himself with men of character......like Zach Smith, and now Chris Doyle.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #2543 on: February 12, 2021, 09:23:01 PM »
Urban Meyer......what an arrogant  :censored  He loves surrounding himself with men of character......like Zach Smith, and now Chris Doyle.

Doyle just resigned.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2544 on: February 13, 2021, 07:57:47 AM »
I was at UF during the Tim Tebow years and I'll never forget how quickly the tide turned against Meyer when he left.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2545 on: February 13, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »
I wonder if Trevor Lawrence is already thinking of ways he can get the Jags to not draft him.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2546 on: February 13, 2021, 08:50:03 AM »
I wonder if Trevor Lawrence is already thinking of ways he can get the Jags to not draft him.

Post a tweet about th holocaust. 

Too soon?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2547 on: February 13, 2021, 08:54:52 AM »

Too soon?

I don't get it (did someone do that recently?), but saying something offensive about that awful time in history I am sure would get the ball rolling.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2548 on: February 13, 2021, 09:00:08 AM »

Too soon?

I don't get it (did someone do that recently?), but saying something offensive about that awful time in history I am sure would get the ball rolling.

Gina Carano fired from Mandalorian. Check the P/R GD if you got some time to burn.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2549 on: February 13, 2021, 05:28:41 PM »
Who from what?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2550 on: February 13, 2021, 06:18:42 PM »
^^ It's all right, I don't get it either and I don't really have the time to invest in why I personally should care since I don't watch TV nowadays.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2552 on: February 13, 2021, 08:36:36 PM »
^^ It's all right, I don't get it either and I don't really have the time to invest in why I personally should care since I don't watch TV nowadays.

This was my reaction as well when I looked it up earlier after Chad's post.  Life is hard enough right now with the pandemic and the snow and cold weather without getting tied up with that nonsense or the crap in D.C. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2553 on: February 14, 2021, 07:14:21 AM »

Too soon?

Gina Carano fired from Mandalorian. Check the P/R GD if you got some time to burn.

Jingle, read what she said... I'm kidding, no.   :) :) :)

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2554 on: February 15, 2021, 09:51:54 PM »
Crushing news about Vincent Jackson. He was one of the first WR I drafted when I first began playing fantasy football and was so happy he came to Tampa even though the QB situation was unsteady. I even thought about him during the Superbowl thinking how amazing he would have been.

I know Mike Evans was mentored by him and really looked up to the guy. I feel for V Jax's.