Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118418 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Belichck pulling down Lynn's pants again
« Reply #1295 on: December 07, 2020, 08:22:04 AM »
Honestly, and I'm only half kidding here, but I have no doubt that if Adam Gase tried to tank the game, the Jets would end up winning by two touchdowns.  And they're not getting Lawrence ANYWAY. 

More seriously, I can't imagine any of those players want to be known as one of the four teams in the Super Bowl era to go winless, and one of the three teams in the 16-game era to do the same.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1296 on: December 07, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »
I fucked up and forgot to make my picks in the pick em  :lol but I thoroughly enjoyed watching that Giants game yesterday.  Of course I only went in with the hope of putting up a fight with our back up QB, but wow I was impressed.  The Giant's defense had been solid all year and kept them in all but one game, but they were something else yesterday.  Combined wtih an OL that has improved all year to finally open up a run game and the Giants actually look legit now.  No one cares if you beat the teams in the NFC East, but finally getting a win to a good opponent makes me think this Giants team has potential to not just be competitive, but to maybe win a playoff game if they keep up the momentum.  Solid D and a run game is the recipe for success and somehow, Joe Judge has transformed what was a team that couldn't do either, to a team that is really good at both.  Won't matter who the QB is if they can consistently play like that, but of course it would help to get Jones back for the final stretch.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1297 on: December 07, 2020, 09:44:23 AM »
Eagles finally bench Wentz.  While their problems extend far beyond him, he looks awful, so might as well see what the rook can do.

Meanwhile, Anthony Lynn is being taken to school by Belichick again.

Wentz just needs to play the Cowboys to get back on track. Our defense will make him look like a Hall of Famer....... :tdwn

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1298 on: December 07, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
It's the "How dare you not wear a mask while Jogging" culture.   Both tackles was waisted high.   Ht the league is trying to get it out of the game.

The guy crying is Mike Tirico who was suspended for sexually harassing and stalking women at ESPN.

I thought it was Tirico but couldn't remember.  Here's an article describing and quoting Tirico and Chris Simms:  https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/12/06/mike-tirico-how-cincinnati-bengals-mike-thomas-not-ejected-hits-dolphins-jakeem-grant-punt-returns/3853266001/

I'm having trouble finding good video of the first hit, but video of the second hit clearly shows that, while the defender arrived before the ball, the defender was clearly making an effort to hit with his shoulder, with his head turned to the side, and to hit the receiver's mid-section.  Soo...we can't hit the head, can't take out the legs, and now the mid-section is off limits??  Stupid....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1299 on: December 07, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
Eagles finally bench Wentz.  While their problems extend far beyond him, he looks awful, so might as well see what the rook can do.

Meanwhile, Anthony Lynn is being taken to school by Belichick again.

Wentz just needs to play the Cowboys to get back on track. Our defense will make him look like a Hall of Famer....... :tdwn

I'm no Eagles fan - I used to wear a Giants jersey around my house in South Philly - but benching Wentz is a desperate move by a desperate coach.  He's not playing stellar, but he's also getting killed back there.  He's not that far removed from some very good if not great play, he's just being asked to do it all and he's not that kind of quarterback.  Hurts will get a little traction, because he can run, but if they get into a shootout, they're in worse trouble than they are now, because the line is still going to suck, the weapons around him are still going to be green and you don't have the experience of Wentz to make very little out of absolutely nothing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1300 on: December 07, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »

I'm no Eagles fan - I used to wear a Giants jersey around my house in South Philly - but benching Wentz is a desperate move by a desperate coach.  He's not playing stellar, but he's also getting killed back there.  He's not that far removed from some very good if not great play, he's just being asked to do it all and he's not that kind of quarterback.  Hurts will get a little traction, because he can run, but if they get into a shootout, they're in worse trouble than they are now, because the line is still going to suck, the weapons around him are still going to be green and you don't have the experience of Wentz to make very little out of absolutely nothing.

I think the problem with Wentz is that he has picked up too many bad habits.  He needs a new coach to hit the reset button and teach him good old habits again, IMO.  I don't expect Pederson to be their coach when their 2021 season start.  I am sure he will always be a hero in Philly for coaching the team to their first SB win (as much as Philly fans can actually like someone, that is :lol), but for my money, he is that tier with Switzer and Mike McCarthy as the worst head coaches to ever win a Super Bowl.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1301 on: December 07, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »
And won it against on of the best coaches ever.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1302 on: December 07, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »
That will go down as one of the biggest WTF's ever.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1303 on: December 07, 2020, 05:46:41 PM »
Hey, they outplayed us but that stung because the D couldn't stop the backup.  Crazy game. Only can tip the hat.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1304 on: December 07, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »
That's all you can do.  2017 Eagles felt like one of those lightning in a bottle seasons where everything went right.  Even when Wentz got hurt, the defense picked up the slack while Foles sucked until he got it together in the NFCCG.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1305 on: December 07, 2020, 06:34:39 PM »
Washington wins in Pittsburgh.  You can't help but root for Alex Smith.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1306 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:52 PM »
Holy crap!  They won!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1307 on: December 07, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
I didn't even know the game was on. I tuned in late in the 4th.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1308 on: December 07, 2020, 07:32:34 PM »

I don’t even like Washington (or any team in the NFC East for test matter), but Alex Smith deserves success. With that said, it looks like the division is the Giants to lose right now. They’ve won four in a row and have the sweep over Washington.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1309 on: December 07, 2020, 08:25:39 PM »
I swear to god I'm gonna fuckin vomit lava the next time I see a coach pussy out and call a running play or <5 yard pass on third and 15+. Somehow, Sean McDermott decided that a 35-yard field goal was so up in the air that he conceded a TD that would likely ice the game just to get a few extra yards because an extra point-length FG was shaky in his opinion.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1310 on: December 07, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »
Okay, just heard Brian Griese slip and say "headjob". I'm back to good now.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1311 on: December 07, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »

I don’t even like Washington (or any team in the NFC East for test matter), but Alex Smith deserves success. With that said, it looks like the division is the Giants to lose right now. They’ve won four in a row and have the sweep over Washington.

Giants are definitely trending up, but Washington has the veteran QB and coach in their favor.  At least the odds are now that the East winner will be playing some good football going into January. Will still have a crap record, but at least it will be a team trending up.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1312 on: December 07, 2020, 08:41:28 PM »
;

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1313 on: December 07, 2020, 08:56:41 PM »
Man...'9ers just look like a team that is still struggling with some missing pieces playing a really good team.  It is what it is.  They are a bit outmatched.  But I love that they are giving it their all and putting up a good fight.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: December 07, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1315 on: December 08, 2020, 06:55:09 AM »

Probably fanciful thinking, but I like to think Alex Smith knew full well what he was doing when he took the football off the field there at the end of the first half.   

Not going to lie, though:  the photos of his recovery are hard to look at, and every time he takes a hit I catch my breath.  I struggle to imagine what his wife goes through each week. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1316 on: December 08, 2020, 07:56:38 AM »
Fun Fact!  The Patriots will have back to back SoFi games before the Rams will.  :lol .................... :\

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1317 on: December 08, 2020, 08:03:32 AM »
Really wanted Pitt to continue their win streak, but I do got to give respect to Alex Smith and his recovery story.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1318 on: December 08, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »

Probably fanciful thinking, but I like to think Alex Smith knew full well what he was doing when he took the football off the field there at the end of the first half.   

Not going to lie, though:  the photos of his recovery are hard to look at, and every time he takes a hit I catch my breath.  I struggle to imagine what his wife goes through each week.

I too am rooting for Alex but like others, I cringe every time he steps back to pass.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1319 on: December 08, 2020, 11:26:24 AM »
I'm just happy the Browns are 9-3 and in control of their own destiny as far as the playoffs go.  I wish they could not let teams back into games when they are blowing them out, but hey, I'm just happy they're winning and looking good doing it.  Cautiously optimistic about the playoffs.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1320 on: December 08, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »
I'm just happy the Browns are 9-3 and in control of their own destiny as far as the playoffs go.  I wish they could not let teams back into games when they are blowing them out, but hey, I'm just happy they're winning and looking good doing it.  Cautiously optimistic about the playoffs.

Since my Broncos suck balls this year, I'll probably adopt/root for the Browns.  Go Cleveland!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1321 on: December 08, 2020, 01:07:18 PM »
The Browns are a team you just don't hate on because of how bad they have been for so long so when they have a record like this you have to root for them.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1322 on: December 08, 2020, 01:47:45 PM »
The Browns are a team you just don't hate on because of how bad they have been for so long so when they have a record like this you have to root for them.

I don't know, maybe it's PR, but after watching those commercials with Baker, he's a likable guy.  I kinda want him to succeed, and now that the albatross of OBJ is gone they're a fun team to watch.   

(I love that one where he has to keep going back in through security, and they call him "Parker" and wand him.)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1323 on: December 08, 2020, 02:40:47 PM »

I don't know, maybe it's PR, but after watching those commercials with Baker, he's a likable guy.  I kinda want him to succeed, and now that the albatross of OBJ is gone they're a fun team to watch.   

(I love that one where he has to keep going back in through security, and they call him "Parker" and wand him.)

Yup.  Those commercials don't hurt.  Very low-key funny (although, off the top of my head, I can't recall what they're advertising, so I'm not sure how effective they are).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: December 08, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »
That's funny you say that, since I couldn't think of it either as I typed that out! :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1325 on: December 08, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
Isn't it for Progressive?

I've come close to posting a few times that I really like those commercials. I'm kind of a closet commercial critic, but I think those are really clever.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: December 08, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »

I've come close to posting a few times that I really like those commercials. I'm kind of a closet commercial critic, but I think those are really clever.

Another good one (and related to the thread): the Bud Lite commercial where the camera is in the refrigerator.  I love when the woman comes in hot, yelling "where is the Bu... never mind, I FOUND it!", and the girl doing the whippets. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1327 on: December 08, 2020, 04:57:01 PM »

Googles....yup.

the girl doing the whippets. 

Ummm....

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1328 on: December 08, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
HAHAHA!

Hey, I found this.  I mentioned Wentz as a Pat earlier, and on it's face it doesn't make sense, but this - where a trade before March of 2021 breaks the Eagles even on the cap - is intriguing.    In fact, they are number two on the list of potential landing spots for Carson.  But honestly, 3, 4, and 5 (especially five) make even LESS sense.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/forecasting-carson-wentzs-future-what-are-eagles-options-2021-landing-spots-contract-scenarios/

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1329 on: December 09, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
I got three teams in the playoff picture, it's gonna take several miracles for any of them to get to the SB.  Raiders and Seahawks lost to teams they should have easily beat, and the Rams haven't really faced many good teams, so they're iffy.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.