Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118405 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Chiefs give future GOAT big bucks
« Reply #735 on: October 01, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »
Wow. Looking forward to a real thriller tonight.

And the league wonders why nobody watches TNF.

I almost have a fascination with how bad it COULD be.  Kind of like watching repeats of Who's The Boss and reveling in the realization that this is being broadcast on national television.   Or watching the Presidential debates.  :) :)

Teenage T-ski watched Who’s The Boss for one reason and one reason only.

Judith Light as Angela was HOT!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #736 on: October 01, 2020, 10:49:35 AM »

I almost have a fascination with how bad it COULD be.  Kind of like watching repeats of Who's The Boss and reveling in the realization that this is being broadcast on national television.   Or watching the Presidential debates.  :) :)

Judith Light on "One Life To Live" was HOT!

When you do your homework at your grandmother's house.......
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #737 on: October 01, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
BTW anyone know what happened to Kevschmev? He used to contribute a lot to the NFL thread.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #738 on: October 01, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »
He doesn't want to post here anymore.  Political forum pissed him off.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #739 on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:42 AM »
He doesn't want to post here anymore.  Political forum pissed him off.
Yeah, I reached out to him a while back. P/R is what set him off, but I think he felt like he needed to stay away from the forum in general.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #740 on: October 01, 2020, 11:06:55 AM »
I still text him. I hope in time he will return. 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #741 on: October 01, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »
Didn’t realize Kev hadn’t posted in a while, hope he comes back.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #742 on: October 01, 2020, 12:08:53 PM »
I'm not really watching Football much at all. I usually just forget about it.

But...

Just happy Seahawks are 3-0.

Didn’t realize Kev hadn’t posted in a while, hope he comes back.

Same...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pg1067

« Reply #743 on: October 01, 2020, 01:10:29 PM »

Judith Light on "One Life To Live" was HOT!

When you do your homework at your grandmother's house.......

Sometimes I think I need a memory dump.  I actually remember that her character's name on OLTL was Karen.  WHY do I remember that?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #744 on: October 01, 2020, 01:17:24 PM »
It's like cleansing the soul admitting we know this information about soaps. :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #745 on: October 01, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
Overshare, I'm sure, but Deidre Hall is STILL - in her 70's - on my "list".   

"Hi Grandma!  I'd LOVE to watch Days Of Our Lives with you!"

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #746 on: October 01, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »
Darnold goes to the locker room with an arm injury. This season has been a nightmare.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #747 on: October 01, 2020, 07:27:38 PM »
This game is a mess, as is to be expected from this game between two 0-3 teams.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #748 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
Welp...at least they looked like an NFL team. A bad one but it’s a marginal improvement. Still, 0-4 is not where anybody expected this team to be. Too many drive extending penalties by the defense, some bad drops by receivers (looking at you Chris Herndon), and some questionable throws by Darnold that luckily weren’t intercepted or this game would have been a whole lot worse. But hey at least our kicker is good...

-MirrorMask

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #749 on: October 02, 2020, 08:21:42 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how Adam Gase is a head football coach in the NFL.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: October 02, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »
I'll bet that there are (sadly) more than a few folks in fantasy football leagues thinking 'geez, a game had to be cancelled due to C-19.  I thought that thing was over'.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #751 on: October 02, 2020, 09:01:12 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how Adam Gase is a head football coach in the NFL.
After the end of last night's game he really shouldn't be. When your guys are roughing the quarterback with seconds left in a losing effort, you're either an asshole or you're incapable of controlling your players.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #752 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:58 AM »
After the end of last night's game he really shouldn't be. When your guys are roughing the quarterback with seconds left in a losing effort, you're either an asshole or you're incapable of controlling your players.

You made it through the entire game? Dude, I'm impressed!  :hefdaddy

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #753 on: October 02, 2020, 10:27:55 AM »
It's amazing to me that the NFL is having to figure out ways to reschedule a game because of C19. How can you even start a season like this without a plan in place? Playoff games aren't scheduled until the end of the season. I'm not sure why there needs to be a set in stone date for the Superb Owl. Block out three Sundays, and add weeks to the season as necessary. If you need to reschedule more than three weeks the season is officially a dumpster fire anyway. I suppose the biggest issue would be for the host city, but it seems like people gambling on 3 different weekends would be a boon. How many overpriced, non-refundable stays would hotels book for the next two weekends?
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #754 on: October 02, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
I didn't turn it on TNF until around the end of the 3rd qtr.  Saw the highlight of Darnold's 46 yd TD run early, but in the 4th qtr the Jets D was taking everything the Broncos gave them and still couldn't win.  Denver was practically handing them the game and they just gave it right back.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #755 on: October 02, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
It's amazing to me that the NFL is having to figure out ways to reschedule a game because of C19. How can you even start a season like this without a plan in place? Playoff games aren't scheduled until the end of the season. I'm not sure why there needs to be a set in stone date for the Superb Owl. Block out three Sundays, and add weeks to the season as necessary. If you need to reschedule more than three weeks the season is officially a dumpster fire anyway. I suppose the biggest issue would be for the host city, but it seems like people gambling on 3 different weekends would be a boon. How many overpriced, non-refundable stays would hotels book for the next two weekends?

They didn't have a "just in case" plan... :facepalm:  :rollin
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #756 on: October 03, 2020, 10:32:26 AM »
Patriots/Chiefs postponed due to C19 cases on both teams. Cam Newton among them.

And the whole thing begins to crumble.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #757 on: October 03, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »
Patriots/Chiefs postponed due to C19 cases on both teams. Cam Newton among them.

And the whole thing begins to crumble.

I think we all knew it was bound to happen.

Offline emtee

« Reply #758 on: October 03, 2020, 10:46:12 AM »
Yep. It's not going to work.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: October 03, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »
BB, Cam is the 1st on in and last out.  So how did he get covid then?  Lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #760 on: October 03, 2020, 12:24:08 PM »
Monday or Tuesday is kind of bullshit. If the league had its shit together it'd be rescheduled for week 18.

In any case, this is a real shame. With Cam this would have probably been competitive. Now, not so much. I doubt they needed it, but it's certainly a lucky break for KC.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #761 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:01 PM »
Game is postponed El Barto.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #762 on: October 03, 2020, 02:25:24 PM »
Game is postponed El Barto.
Yeah. Until Monday or Tuesday.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #763 on: October 03, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »
Well, the good news is that if Belichick beats Mahomes with either Stidham or Hoyer, is there really any doubt left?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #764 on: October 04, 2020, 09:24:10 PM »
Damn, the NFC East is on fire!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #765 on: October 04, 2020, 11:35:55 PM »
SEAHAWKS!!!!!  Wilson ties Manning for most TD's to start a season.

Rookie Herbert on the Chargers almost beat Tom Brady!!!  He's for real, y'all!

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #766 on: October 04, 2020, 11:53:14 PM »

The worst team in both the AFC North and NFC West is better than the best team in the NFC East.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:12:34 AM by TheCountOfNYC »

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: October 05, 2020, 06:42:33 AM »

The worst team in both the AFC North and NFC West is better than the best team in the AFC East.

Assuming you meant the Eagles and not the Bills, this is interesting to me, as the Bengals and Eagles tied just last week.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #768 on: October 05, 2020, 07:31:29 AM »
I fully cop to being biased, here, but there was a small part of me that heard the Cam Newton news and went "figures; of all the players on the team that COULD have gotten it, is it any surprise it's him?"   

On other notes; does Derek Carr prep for games using the "coin flip" method?   He can be good, but he seems to be so mercurial in his play. 

I turned off the Eagles/Niners thinking "this is just a matter of time" and was shocked to find out that Philly didn't turn tail and fold.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: October 05, 2020, 09:26:29 AM »

:lol such a joke

I'm starting to think Daniel Jones isn't a franchise QB.  I just don't see ANY improvement from him since he started last year.  I know he doesn't have weapons and doesn't have an OL, but it seems he makes all the same mistakes still.  Terrible with turnovers which is normal for a young QB, but as I say, I just don't see the improvements over a year in the league now.  How many times has he turned the ball over on a game tying/winning drive?  It's infuriating.  He's got some good escape moves as he's quicker than you think, but he's not an accurate thrower and he's not a game changer.  The Giants have been absolute trash in regards to the draft lately and it's going to keep hurting this franchise if they can't capatilze on their 1st round draft picks.  Having said that, it did look like the defense and even the OL are starting to slightly improve which is good, but if the offense can't get the ball into the endzone, it's all for naught.