Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132132 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2590 on: January 03, 2024, 03:55:17 PM »
British Airways managed to lose my luggage on a single segment flight. Impressive in some ways. Annoying in most others.
I think I saw somewhere pretty recently that they've really been plummeting in terms of quality. You never expected great customer service from them , but now their flight-ops seem to be pretty poor, as well.

I haven't even flown them in 15 years, and I know they still manage to hack me off somewhat regularly via their partnership with AA.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2591 on: January 03, 2024, 06:13:11 PM »
I think I saw somewhere pretty recently that they've really been plummeting in terms of quality. You never expected great customer service from them , but now their flight-ops seem to be pretty poor, as well.

Most flag carriers in Europe have steadily declined in quality/value when the EU liberalisation of the Airline market meant they had to compete with fresh new Low cost carriers with no pension obligations. BA is still ok on long haul (albeit worse than carriers like Lufthansa in my experience) but the service is now extremely minimal on Short Haul, which I wouldn't mind if their prices reflected it.

That being said, luggage issues are due to ground staff and since Heathrow only uses two companies for baggage handling, the blame probably lies with their incompetence.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2592 on: January 08, 2024, 04:43:51 PM »

this pissed me off on my way home today.

Don't even know what I hit, likely a small piece of metal that you can't see.  I noticed the truck in front of me spark near it's back wheels right before I felt the tire go out, but didn't see anything on the road.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2593 on: January 08, 2024, 04:46:15 PM »
Fuucckk....that's the worst.  I've had heaps of screws and shit get into my tyres over the years.  Changing a tyre on the side of the fucking road is not fun at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2594 on: January 08, 2024, 04:54:56 PM »
That sucks! At least it was the passenger side.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2595 on: January 09, 2024, 09:46:50 AM »
Getting that replaced now, and good thing I got the full warranty.  I seem to pop a tire once a year with this car.  So when I got all new tires last year I got all the extras and it came to good use, saving me money today.  I guess thats the good news of this, but still sucks. Although it meant I didn't have to come into work and can work from Midas/home today.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2596 on: January 09, 2024, 10:31:48 AM »
Did it blow out or just go flat?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2597 on: January 09, 2024, 11:33:48 AM »
Did it blow out or just go flat?

Blow out, needed to be replaced. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2598 on: January 10, 2024, 01:26:27 PM »
Waking up to 2-3 inches of water in my basement this morning.. >:( :censored >:(
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2599 on: January 10, 2024, 01:32:25 PM »
Waking up to 2-3 inches of water in my basement this morning.. >:( :censored >:(

Ah....fuck.  :'(

Busted pipe or something?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2600 on: January 10, 2024, 01:35:03 PM »

Ah....fuck.  :'(

Busted pipe or something?

We had wicked bad wind last night and it fucked with my disposal pipe outside, which in turn shifted the pump inside so the ball wouldn’t trigger the pump.

Wait, we still talking about basements right?  …

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2601 on: January 10, 2024, 01:38:12 PM »

I feel you. I was standing in ankle-deep water from 11:30 last night to 6:45 this morning, running pumps and shop vacs non-stop trying to keep the flooding at bay. My hot water heater still got knocked out. By my estimates, I sent between 4400 and 5100 gallons of water down my slop sink. 

I lived in my house for over eight years without ever seeing a drop of water in the basement, and now I've had three floods in the last 18 months. I'm probably going to have another one this weekend as they're calling for another 2-3" of rain  :tdwn

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2602 on: January 10, 2024, 01:39:31 PM »
That does sound fucked.  Do you have a sump pump or something to pump it out yourself?  Hopefully not too much damage or ruined valuables?  :blush

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2603 on: January 10, 2024, 01:40:22 PM »

I feel you. I was standing in ankle-deep water from 11:30 last night to 6:45 this morning, running pumps and shop vacs non-stop trying to keep the flooding at bay. My hot water heater still got knocked out. By my estimates, I sent between 4400 and 5100 gallons of water down my slop sink. 

I lived in my house for over eight years without ever seeing a drop of water in the basement, and now I've had three floods in the last 18 months. I'm probably going to have another one this weekend as they're calling for another 2-3" of rain  :tdwn

Holy shit mate!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2604 on: January 10, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »

That sucks for both of you.  The storm last night brought a shit ton of rain.  No flooding for me but my two sump pumps were very active. Lots of parts of NJ not so lucky.  And here we go again this weekend, ugh.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2605 on: January 10, 2024, 01:49:32 PM »
Been there, my friend.  Happened way too often at our old house back in Mount Airy.

One of my favorite things about our current house here in Raleigh is that we live at essentially the top of a hill.  We have the high ground now lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2606 on: January 10, 2024, 01:53:24 PM »
The wind has been wicked indeed the last 30 or so hours.  We lost power a few times (nothing longer than 10 seconds, just annoying to have to go and reset the clocks!  The ecology is so dense here with clay that we've got two sump pumps, and in these conditions, they'll run a couple times an hour each.  Probably being only a mile or so from Lake Erie contributes to it.  Luckily, there's enough of a slope away from the house in a few different directions, so long as those are running, there isn't any worry of flooding... which is why we have a standby / natural gas generator.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2607 on: January 10, 2024, 02:00:55 PM »

That sucks for both of you.  The storm last night brought a shit ton of rain.  No flooding for me but my two sump pumps were very active. Lots of parts of NJ not so lucky.  And here we go again this weekend, ugh.

Did you guys get snow in Jersey last weekend? That was the killer here in CT. We had like 4" of rain, plus 7" of snow melt, over a 12 hour period. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2608 on: January 10, 2024, 02:06:24 PM »
That does sound fucked.  Do you have a sump pump or something to pump it out yourself?  Hopefully not too much damage or ruined valuables?  :blush
:biggrin:

No valuables. Some of my CD fell off a table and got wet. But that’s it.

Chino, that blows. Yikes.

And Hef speaking to us from the high ground.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2609 on: January 10, 2024, 02:06:33 PM »

Did you guys get snow in Jersey last weekend? That was the killer here in CT. We had like 4" of rain, plus 7" of snow melt, over a 12 hour period.

North NJ did, but not me.  I've been fortunate to avoid the snow so far.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2610 on: January 10, 2024, 02:10:05 PM »
I think you guys got the same band of storm we did in Florida. It stretched from Florida all the way up north from what I recall. Not much happened in Tampa, just a lot of wind and rain. It did ground the flights for a few hours yesterday.

There was a tornado landing in Fort Lauderdale someone caught on camera.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C12dzpxsMA9/?igsh=a2ExNXRhZXFlMXlh

I think it's the same one in this article
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/video-flame-lined-tornado-rips-through-fort-lauderdale-18669844
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2611 on: January 10, 2024, 02:14:01 PM »
I think you guys got the same band of storm we did in Florida. It stretched from Florida all the way up north from what I recall. Not much happened in Tampa, just a lot of wind and rain. It did ground the flights for a few hours yesterday.

There was a tornado landing in Fort Lauderdale someone caught on camera.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C12dzpxsMA9/?igsh=a2ExNXRhZXFlMXlh

I think it's the same one in this article
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/video-flame-lined-tornado-rips-through-fort-lauderdale-18669844

Saw that this morning, and yeah, my sister was telling my parents to stay safe for the storm in FL last night and I'm like.... hey shouldn't they be saying that to you since my sister lives in a floor zone (Hoboken NJ).  :lol the east coast just got battered basically.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2612 on: January 10, 2024, 02:29:18 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2613 on: January 10, 2024, 02:35:01 PM »

No valuables. Some of my CD fell off a table and got wet. But that’s it.

Chino, that blows. Yikes.

Hopefully not a Winger CD!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2614 on: January 10, 2024, 02:37:57 PM »
He has those as coasters.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2615 on: January 10, 2024, 02:41:50 PM »
Hey, I actually LIKE Winger.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2616 on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:38 PM »
As do I.  I've seen them 3 times live. Soon to be 4 times in 9 months with my bruhs.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2617 on: January 10, 2024, 03:52:51 PM »
Winger.  :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2618 on: January 10, 2024, 09:48:09 PM »
I feel like flooded basements is an east coast thing. At 47 I have no idea what a sump pump is. I've never seen one, or been aware of a house that has one.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2619 on: January 11, 2024, 04:18:38 AM »
My sump pump runs all the time. I've had to replace it 3 times because the pipe outside froze and the pumps overheated.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2620 on: January 11, 2024, 05:02:22 AM »
I'm in Minnesota and we have sump pumps. Ours runs a lot, especially in the spring.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2621 on: January 11, 2024, 06:39:02 AM »
My families in Indiana, Ohio, and Maryland definitely have sump pumps for their basements.. but having lived my whole life west of the Mississippi, I've never seen or dealt with one.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2622 on: January 11, 2024, 08:37:15 AM »
It's definitely a location thing.  Like Florida for example you are unlikely to even find basements.

For me, my house is near the ocean and on top of a water table.  My lawn is ALWAYS a bit soft and damp if you were to put your hand in the ground.  I don't have a flooding problem, but the house was built with lots of precautions for that because of the location.  Sump pumps and french drains. I know when I bought the house, my mother (also my real estate agent) asked around the neighborhood about flooding.  Turns out quite a few of my neighbors do not have the same precautions and are prone to basement flooding.  But my house had no history of it according to the inspector. (that he could tell at least) so it was assumed that the sump pumps and drains likely did the work for prevention. My house is also on a slight hill compared to others on the street.  Id imagine that also helps.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2623 on: January 11, 2024, 06:55:35 PM »
I feel like flooded basements is an east coast thing. At 47 I have no idea what a sump pump is. I've never seen one, or been aware of a house that has one.
We don't even have basements down here, so yeah, no sump pumps.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2624 on: January 17, 2024, 08:28:00 AM »
Well, yesterday:  about 8:30, 9:00 pm I threw up.  Three times.  Then pretty much like clockwork, every hour or so, plus or minus, vomiting and diahrhea up until this morning.  Last Kesel Run to the bathroom was about 8:00 this morning.  I'm on a work call I couldn't reschedule, but after this is done I'm going to bed, see if I can get some sleep.

I haven't thrown up in over a decade and I forgot how shitty it is.  Chills, sweats, and at first I think I shit my pants twice until I got the system down.  How humiliating.   I'm a grown man!!!  :)