Author Topic: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Final Results (finally) - thank you for playing :)  (Read 98598 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Round 7 Results, Pt. 1
« Reply #1365 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »
Serious Black is kinda meh for me too, but I like Daydream XI.  They were great at PP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1366 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »
Ya'll don't like fun music.  :lol Just kidding, but the two SB songs I've heard this roulette have been two home runs for me. Super fun stuff.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1367 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »

I hear ya on the spoken part of Circus... but it's a very appropriate conclusion to the concept album - all about the way we, as humans, are drawn to others more through their flaws than through their positive traits.

Triple 9s baby!

Wait... someone played Serious Black already?  Man, if I'd known / remembered that, I would've played something else.  I don't like mowing another man's lawn in the same roulette.  But, a song laid is a song played, and I'll gladly take the 9.6.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1368 on: February 10, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »
The singer from Daydream XI was on point live too, as I recall.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. Round 7 Results, Pt. 2
« Reply #1369 on: February 10, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
Bow to your sensei. Part 2:

kingshmegland

Dead End Space - The Watchtowers 7.3
   The singer has a strange voice. Kinda reminds me of Steven Wilson. My favorite thing is actually the synth lead at around 5:40 but it's only around for 10 seconds which is a real shame. There's not much else I'm really digging about this one though unfortunately, only thing I can sink my teeth into is that painfully brief synth bit. I know you're going for drummers who kick ass with this batch, and he's good, but didn't do much to wow me.

Freaky Jelly - Nothing To Feel 9.5
   This is stellar. To me this sounds like what happens when you put Dream Theater and Sieges Even into a blender. My very first thought was "Mike Portnoy is drumming on this song" and it just keeps this whole Six Degrees-style, upbeat groove going through the whole track. I really don't get the whole brooding melancholy prog stuff, it's this stuff - Moon Safari, Sieges Even, Chon, Freaky Jelly apparently - where the gems are to be found. Gimme more! [+1 BP]

In Continuum - Scavengers 9.3
   "Drummers who kick ass." Two outta three ain't bad; this guy is a delight to listen to. Everything I said about Freaky Jelly applies here, it's exactly what I like. Whoever the vocalist is here, I really dig him. He sounds like Steve Lukather and John Wetton, and musically it's like Dream Theater meets 2000s-2010s Toto. Awesome song dude. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 51.06 [+4 BP]
Round 7 Score: 26.00 [+2 BP]
Average: 8.66~
Movement: 9 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 59.72 [+6 BP]

The King has slain the merciless Manbearpig and has earned a well-earned pint or six. 9 spaces towards what will surely be his new castle he goes.

Puppies_On_Acid

A.C.T - Puppeteers 8.7
   What kind of genre is this anyway? Singer has a charming voice and all the vocals are infectious. The theatrical vibe reminds me of a much more modern, heavier Queen. Fun song.

Protest the Hero - Tandem 7.6
   Is this emo music? Some of the lyrics are corny, others are really poetic. Singer delivers some awesome vocals but sometimes I think the drums and guitar are doing too much too often, it's like.. chill out for a second. A bit too chaotic for me but it has good moments.

Novembre - The Promise 8.4
   This is all right. It's inoffensive and kind of safe. I like a lot of the instrumental stuff going on here and the groove is nice, but I don't dig the singer much. It has a pleasant vibe. Without looking at what year it is, it sounds like something from the 90s to me.

Current Score: 51.02 [+4 BP]
Round 7 Score: 24.70
Average: 8.23~
Movement: 8 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 59.25 [+4 BP]

With a gust of your feathered arms you put out the flaming skulls' fiery magic and promptly split them on the ground before moving 8 steps more down the dark road.

Nekov

Hearts of Black Science - Faces 9.2
   To me this is like Kevin Moore paying tribute to Pink Floyd. I love that it's chill but contains a lot of activity. Beautiful piece of music. Everybody else might be playing for second place at this point. [+1 BP]

fox capture plan - Asian Dancer 10/10
fox capture plan - Brianstorm 9.8
   These songs are so good I'm including them together. When I finished playing them I immediately played the album they're on, Fragile - more than once. Electro-jazz-rock with piano as the main focus. Smart playing and memorable writing in both tracks. What puts this at the maximum score is that it gave me an amazing feeling when I first heard it, it still gives me the same vibe many listens later, and that it made me immediately play its album - and I loved the album just as much. Please inject this sound directly into my bloodstream, it is everything. [+2 BP]

Current Score: 51.89 [+7 BP]
Round 7 Score: 29.00 [+3 BP]
Average: 9.66~
Movement: 10 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 61.55 [+10 BP]

You froze the Manticore with ease and shattered its body into a thousand bloody parts. You feel confident enough to conjure a cloud and sail 10 spaces closer to the end.

?. Puppies_On_Acid:   8.73 / 8.37 / 9.43 / 8.67 / 7.76 / 8.06 / 8.23 = 59.25 [+4 BP]
???
Move 8

?. Nekov:   8.53 / 8.27 / 8.90 / 9.50 / 8.86 / 7.83 / 9.66 = 61.55  [+10 BP]
???
Move 10

?. kingshmegland:   8.37 / 8.03 / 8.80 / 9.00 / 8.76 / 8.10 / 8.66 = 59.72 [+6 BP]
???
Move 8
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1370 on: February 10, 2019, 02:02:05 PM »
tandem is a weird pick for a PtH song, not even the best song off that album
i guess you sent off that album as it's the one with by far the least growls?  :lol
also w e w a 10

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1371 on: February 10, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »
OK, I'll have my work cut out for me.  Damn Meatloaf. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: February 10, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »
 :omg:
Wow, just wow. I hope I can keep this up now that it matters
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1373 on: February 10, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »
tandem is a weird pick for a PtH song, not even the best song off that album
i guess you sent off that album as it's the one with by far the least growls?  :lol
also w e w a 10
I almost sent Tapestry or C'est la vie, but then went with Tandem.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1374 on: February 10, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Umm.....I'm sorry, how the fuck is Serious Black allowed again when they scored like 9.3 or something in round 1?  I wasn't allowed to submit another Dream Evil song as it got a 9.2 yet Serious Black was allowed when they were played in round 1?  Fuck me!  :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1375 on: February 10, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
Wait... someone played Serious Black already?  Man, if I'd known / remembered that, I would've played something else.  I don't like mowing another man's lawn in the same roulette.  But, a song laid is a song played, and I'll gladly take the 9.6.

Is this a joke??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. round 1 results soon
« Reply #1376 on: February 10, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »

#4. jingle.boy

Serious Black - Akhenaton 9.5
I like this. I like this very much. There's some elements in power metal tracks like this that I absolutely have to have to love: a catchy verse, a talented singer, and a chorus that seriously kicks things up a notch compared to the rest of the song. This song has it. If I saw this live I'd be headbanging like a madman to every second of the chorus. That singer has a voice I love, there's a great keyboard solo, and I LOVE the vocal chant at the end. "I shall rise agaaaain!" So shall your average score, Chad - fucking home run!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1377 on: February 10, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »
 :rollin
to be fair that was a whole three months ago

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1378 on: February 10, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
No dignity J Boy. No dignity.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1379 on: February 10, 2019, 02:56:44 PM »
Ah fuck me. I'm sorry. That's completely my fault.    :lol Everyone gets a pass for that, except Chad who just got his. If there's a 9+ song that was sent earlier and you want to send that artist.... go for it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:13:50 PM by Kattelox »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: February 10, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
I would disqualify him for cheating....
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1381 on: February 10, 2019, 03:07:12 PM »
Chad technically cheated twice because Circus is over 15 minutes long. But Stadler and King violated that too.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1382 on: February 10, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »
I only molest DTF'ers over the age of consent!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1383 on: February 10, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »
And fail  :sadpanda:

How about some sludgy doom metal for the next round?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1384 on: February 10, 2019, 03:51:50 PM »
Also, if I head towards the treble clef and I still have moves left over, do they just apply to the next map?
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1385 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »
They apply to the next map, you'll see when I post the last 4 results this evening.

If you choose doom, you may get just that. I really don't know anything about 'doom' metal other than Candlemass is terrible. 'Sludge' is never a word I use positively about music either, so 'sludge metal' - you're playing a dangerous game  :hat

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1386 on: February 10, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »
Part 3. 3 rounds left now. Posting full results and maps shortly.

Evermind

Artificial Language - Fortune Teller 8.8
   This one's so interesting... exquisite piano playing. Clever use of piano alongside off-kilter drumming and the heavy distorted guitars. Gets really engaging toward the end with that drumming and clean guitar. Singer has a pleasant voice. Really enjoyed this one, it's unique and well written.

Kingcrow - Night's Descending 8.4
   I would lump these guys in with Steven Wilson, Katatonia, Karnivool, Damnation by Opeth, maybe a few others as far as their sound - kinda brooding, dark, a bit lethargic at times. That's the vibe I get from this anyway. Daniel Gildenlow, man... I just don't get him. He's been pretty boring in everything I've heard him in. I think I'd like this more with someone else singing because the vocals just aren't memorable at all.

Wolverine - Communication Lost 9.2
   Oh yeah. This is good. Takes a while to get going but I like it when it finally gets in gear. I didn't like this one for a while at first, but over time I warmed up to it. Somehow it sounds comforting and sad. Big ups for the awesome sounding synth solo. I like the big dramatic chorus a lot. Strong song. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 49.89 [+8 BP]
Round 7 Score: 26.40 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.80
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 58.69 [+9 BP]

Although Evrys stomped all of the enemy mushrooms, he didn't notice the sign until it was too late - "Touch Fuzzy, get dizzy." The fuzzy shrooms have given him the spins, but Evrys pushes onward through the vertigo 9 spaces.

TAC

Almanac - Flames of Fate 9.0
   Just barely good enough to earn the point. If the chorus wasn't so strong, I'd probably call this generic. But that's a power metal chorus for sure, a definite singalong banger. That's what this kind of metal is all about to me, so party on, Garth, this one's a good gym tune. [+1 BP]

Alsatia - Across the Fray 9.0
   Man, this one is good. Full on power metal. Strong vocals, great use of choir in the right places. Happy melodies everywhere. It's like Power Quest in the chorus, optimistic and powerful. Having renewed faith in power metal after hearing so many unknown bands in this roulette. [+1 BP]

Primitai - Curse of Olympus 7.3
   The chorus to this one just plain irritates me, I don't like that it slows down and the melody is bad. The solo rips and it sounds heavy as hell, but it's so standard otherwise. This one just kinda whiffs, sadly.

Current Score: 51.19 [+5 BP]
Round 7 Score: 25.30 [+2 BP]
Average: 8.43~
Movement:  8 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 59.62 [+7 BP]

After swinging your axe wildly, you land enough heavy metal atTACks that the Mimic lies in a pulpy mess on the parched ground. You loot the body and go 8 steps forward.

Stadler

Night Ranger - Penny 9.0
   I thought you were sending Night Ranger, not Toto. Seriously, this sounds like Hydra-era Toto, so naturally I must love it. Well, not entirely, but it's good time fun rock about a girl - no frills, kinda corny, and that's how I like it. I'd dig this if I was around in the 80s, but this still doesn't make up for that abomination of rock Sister Christian. [+1 BP]

Sammy Hagar - Baby's On Fire 7.8
   Way better than Van Hagar, that's for sure. But it sounds like a lot of other 80s rock radio songs. Sammy sounds great, it's got a nice hook, but it sounds so safe. No, it doesn't blow my mind, but it's a serviceable rock song.

Billy Squier - In Your Eyes 8.7
   I know four Billy Squier songs and you can probably guess which ones they are. I don't really like any of them, maybe it's the association with predictable FM classic rock radio, but this is better than all of them and not what I expected from Billy Squier. Great guitar playing, great chorus. I'm not really a fan of his voice but I love what he does with the guitar toward the end with the slides and bends.

I think my dad would love almost everything you've sent in this roulette.

Current Score: 50.19 [+4 BP]
Round 7 Score: 25.50 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.50
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 58.69 [+5 BP]

Sir Jethro of Avalon splits the wight at the hip, and it crumbles into a pile of lifeless bones and armor. You take the black, polished helm as your own as you move 9 spaces on.

Sacul

Sufjan Stevens - Mercury 9.0
   Oh man is this pretty. Enchanting combination of the piano riff and dreamy guitars, and the vocals are the airy cool whip on top of that tasty musical pie. I love a speedy but really gentle instrumental part. [+1 BP]

Sufjan Stevens - Should Have Known Better 7.9
   Instrumentally I like this one a lot. I like some of the vocal melodies, but find it hard to recall much about this one. I like the other two here a bit more, this one doesn't speak to me as much.

Sufjan Stevens - Blue Bucket of Gold 8.6
   How warm and comforting. I'm not sure if this comes at the end of an album or something because it takes quite a while for it to end - that's the only thing I feel like skipping here. I feel like I'm listening to Nils Frahm or Olafur Arnalds in the back half. Dig it. [+1 BP]

Current Score: 51.07 [+7 BP]
Round 7 Score: 25.50 [+1 BP]
Average: 8.50
Movement:  9 spaces
NEW CURRENT SCORE: 59.57 [+8 BP]

You squashed the Beastfrog and barely broke a sweat, but the journey isn't over yet. 9 spaces more you march.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:10:21 PM by Kattelox »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1387 on: February 10, 2019, 05:08:32 PM »

12. Parama the Owl-Roamer: 8.56 = 8.56
n/a
(appeared as the Mystery Participant and vanished just as quickly)

11. Elite:   8.17 / 7.90 / 7.63 / 9.03 / 9.20 / 8.76 = 50.69
[+5 BP]
(left this mortal plane via dragonfire)

10. Stadler:   8.67 / 8.33 / 8.76 / 7.83 / 9.30 / 7.30 / 8.50 = 58.69 [+5 BP]
Down 1 spot
Move 9

10. Evermind:   7.63 / 7.23 / 9.10 / 9.03 / 9.20 / 7.70 / 8.80 = 58.69 [+9 BP]
Up 1 spot
Move 9

8. Indiscipline:   8.06 / 7.13 / 8.93 / 8.77 / 8.40 / 8.63 / 9.26 = 59.18 [+3 BP]
Up 3 spots
Move 9

7. Puppies_On_Acid:   8.73 / 8.37 / 9.43 / 8.67 / 7.76 / 8.06 / 8.23 = 59.25 [+4 BP]
Down 1 spot
Move 8

6. wolfking:   8.40 / 8.43 / 9.43 / 8.63 / 7.80 / 8.50 / 8.30 = 59.49 [+5 BP]
Down 3 spots
Move 8

5. Sacul:   7.50 / 8.40 / 8.60 / 9.27 / 9.10 / 8.20 / 8.50 = 59.57 [+8 BP]
Down 1 spot
Move 9

4. TAC:   7.46 / 8.57 / 9.20 / 9.00 / 8.00 / 8.96 / 8.43 = 59.62 [+7 BP]
Down 1 spot
Move 8

3. kingshmegland:   8.37 / 8.03 / 8.80 / 9.00 / 8.76 / 8.10 / 8.66 = 59.72 [+6 BP]
Up 2 spots
Move 9

2. jingle.boy:   8.47 / 8.57 / 8.73 / 9.23 / 8.60 / 7.10 / 9.26 = 59.96 [+5 BP]
Up 5 spots
Move 9

1. Nekov:   8.53 / 8.27 / 8.90 / 9.50 / 8.86 / 7.83 / 9.66 = 61.55  [+10 BP]
n/a
Move 10

Okay, this is how this works. Your movement will carry over to the new map, which is posted below. The number posted beside your name is how many spaces you can move, so pick where you want to go (if you have the luxury of options). For example, Stadler will land on the first yellow panel in the new map if he continues moving west. In the final map, you can pretty much go wherever you want, if you want to fenagle your way into a specific theme for more points (potentially).

Go nuts. Make it to the rainbow finish line before round 10 and you get nothing other than freedom from any theme challenges.

The colored spaces indicate the following challenges:

Green: Elves! Forest theme. Bonus points for no distorted guitars, folk and stringed instruments, soft percussion, and lyrics about nature.

Brown: Dwarves! Earth theme. Bonus points for songs about drinking, songs that rock hard, or a song with a super tight and heavy rhythm section.

Blue: Pirates! Water theme. Bonus points for songs about the sea, traveling on water, drinking, or all things pirate-related.

Red: Dragons! Fire theme. Bonus points for music that is really fast, heavy, epic, and/or about dragons and fire.

Pink: Three songs from an artist I have never heard before (nothing on RYM, a significant lack of listens on Last.FM, consult with me if unsure)
Purple: Three songs from different decades.
Orange: Three songs from the same decade.
Yellow: Three songs from the same year.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1388 on: February 10, 2019, 05:11:01 PM »
I'm falling in my sword here. I 100% can't/don't remember who sent what, when, or in which roulette.  Partly due to the fact I've been playing pretty much every roulette the past 6 months (Hell, I almost tried to send Stadler Star One!), and because of the gap that we had here because of Katt's ban. The reason I sent this particular tune is because I had it lined up for Puppies' concept album, and really wanted to play it. To be fair tho, I did pecifically ask if certain bands were ok to play, and was not told Serious Black was banned.

Kade, I didn't mean to step in on your bands. It was an honest mistake. Cut me a little slack, mate - I'll bet you can't remember what bands I sent back in November off the top of your head?

As a matter of fairness, I request that I can send four songs next round, and have this 9.6 replaced. It shouldn't have been alllowed.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Katt's Roulettes & Dragons v. #7 RESULTS - Send for round 8
« Reply #1389 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:24 PM »
That's fair. I'll allow that. Honorable man, Chad.  :tup I probably shouldn't have allowed it either - that's my fault.

I know this roulette is kinda messy, but that's part of the fun. I do want to be fair though.

EDIT: I am trying to clean up the OP. I added links to check each round's results.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:23:29 PM by Kattelox »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1390 on: February 10, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »
Who is this Chad and what have you done with him Kade? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1391 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »
Wolverine  :metal  Nice pick Evermind.  Nice with Kingcrow too (though I don't like Gildenlow's spot anymore than Katt does, but still, he gave it that high a score despite that, so he should totally check out the whole album.  Still, you should have sent Phlegethon).

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1392 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »
Looks like I'm heading to the treble clef and then taking the yellow theme on the other side... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1393 on: February 10, 2019, 05:36:07 PM »
Wolverine  :metal  Nice pick Evermind.  Nice with Kingcrow too (though I don't like Gildenlow's spot anymore than Katt does, but still, he gave it that high a score despite that, so he should totally check out the whole album.  Still, you should have sent Phlegethon).

I kept quiet on that one 'cause I knew you knew both songs. I was THIS close to buying a Kingcrow album at ProgPower last year, so they're definitely on my list to check out after the roulette...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1394 on: February 10, 2019, 05:37:57 PM »

I know I joke about "always cheating" but even I'm offended by my (inadvertent) reuse of a well scoring band. I refuse to accept the score.

Need I repent some more?  :blush

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1395 on: February 10, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
Why is Nekov so far away if he has the highest score?  Did he land on the wrong spot and get carried off by a dragon, only be dropped further away?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1396 on: February 10, 2019, 05:44:16 PM »
Why is Nekov so far away if he has the highest score?  Did he land on the wrong spot and get carried off by a dragon, only be dropped further away?

Well, two things. 1) He chose to go the north path, and 2) more importantly, I've discovered I'm really bad and no good at designing games.  :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1397 on: February 10, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »

Well, two things. 1) He chose to go the north path, and 2) more importantly, I've discovered I'm really bad and no good at designing games.  :lol

Looks like a masterpiece compared to what I'd probably come up with. :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1398 on: February 10, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »

I know I joke about "always cheating" but even I'm offended by my (inadvertent) reuse of a well scoring band. I refuse to accept the score.

It's not even that. It's the other two songs that you used against a certain participant.

Need I repent some more?  :blush

Eternally!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1399 on: February 10, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »
For example, Stadler will land on the first yellow panel in the new map if he continues moving west.

What about TAC. What are my choices? I don't know how to get on the new map.