Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 390128 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #560 on: April 25, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
My Monday consisted of waking up at 2:30pm, animating an Ewok, and watching Fear the Walking Dead and Wrestlemania 25. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

The first Michaels-Undertaker match... nice.

Yup. Still an amazing match. :tup Great WM overall too.

Yeah, the HHH vs Orton match was kind of a dud but otherwise a very solid card. Helps to have the best Mania match in at least the modern era though :lol

Typical HHH putting his own crappy match on last. :biggrin: That's the only match I skipped. I cant stand HHH or Orton.
Even aside from the best WM match ever, it was otherwise a solid card though. The Divas battle royale wasn't great, but I don't have high expectations for divas matches from that era.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #561 on: April 25, 2016, 09:08:07 AM »
Damn, am I sore today.  I spent a good portion of the day yesterday working on getting the garden planted.  My brother-in-law came over weeks ago, laid down some railroad ties in a 16’x8’ block and filled it with fresh topsoil.  The ground out back is like clay.  It’s damn near impossible to get anything to grow good in it.  So now we have three rows of onions, a row of carrots, a row of spinach, 5 tomato plants, 4 cucumber plants, 10 pepper plants, two strawberry plants, and we are trying to grow potatoes from a few old bits we had that were growing eyes on them.  They should all do MUCH better than when we were trying to plant them in the ground.

On top of that, I’ve decided that I am going to replace the pond liner.  Not have someone come in and do it, but I am going to do it.  There is a tear in it SOMEWHERE, and it keeps leaking.  No other way around it but to tear everything apart and redo it.  My pond guys are lending me a blow up pool that has a pump and filtration system on it to keep the fish in while I work on it.  All the plants can go in the other kiddie pool that we used to use for wet t-shirt contests.  I have a ton of rock and gravel to move out of the pond before I can even GET to the liner to remove it and replace it with a new one.  The pond guys said they’d help with whatever I need, but this is going to be a MAJOR undertaking for me.  Crossing my fingers that it works and I don’t majorly screw something up.

Lots of weeding going on already.  We’ve both pulled up a boatload of weeds.  So irritating.

On top of that, we took the pool cover off.  No green sh*t on the bottom, so that's great news.  We also took to pressure washing the concrete around the pool, because it was BADLY in need of clean up.

So yeah, there's a lot of work ahead.  Not sure if I'm up to it, but it has to be done.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #562 on: April 25, 2016, 09:24:14 AM »
What Coz said:

Damn, am I sore today.  I spent a good portion of the day yesterday working on getting the garden planted.  My brother-in-law came over weeks ago, laid down some railroad ties in a 16’x8’ block and filled it with fresh topsoil.  The ground out back is like clay.  It’s damn near impossible to get anything to grow good in it.  So now we have three rows of onions, a row of carrots, a row of spinach, 5 tomato plants, 4 cucumber plants, 10 pepper plants, two strawberry plants, and we are trying to grow potatoes from a few old bits we had that were growing eyes on them.  They should all do MUCH better than when we were trying to plant them in the ground.

On top of that, I’ve decided that I am going to replace the pond liner.  Not have someone come in and do it, but I am going to do it.  There is a tear in it SOMEWHERE, and it keeps leaking.  No other way around it but to tear everything apart and redo it.  My pond guys are lending me a blow up pool that has a pump and filtration system on it to keep the fish in while I work on it.  All the plants can go in the other kiddie pool that we used to use for wet t-shirt contests.  I have a ton of rock and gravel to move out of the pond before I can even GET to the liner to remove it and replace it with a new one.  The pond guys said they’d help with whatever I need, but this is going to be a MAJOR undertaking for me.  Crossing my fingers that it works and I don’t majorly screw something up.

Lots of weeding going on already.  We’ve both pulled up a boatload of weeds.  So irritating.

On top of that, we took the pool cover off.  No green sh*t on the bottom, so that's great news.  We also took to pressure washing the concrete around the pool, because it was BADLY in need of clean up.

So yeah, there's a lot of work ahead.  Not sure if I'm up to it, but it has to be done.

What I heard:

Blah, blah, blah-de-blah, blah, the other kiddie pool that we used to use for wet t-shirt contests. Blah, blah, blah...

I think we should be told more.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #563 on: April 25, 2016, 09:31:44 AM »
I'm with Podaar. The wrong part of the story was focused on. Priorities, people!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #564 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:51 AM »
My band used to do wet t-shirt contests at this one venue we played at regularly.  We'd set the kiddie pool up on the floor, spray them all down with ice cold water (to try to contain some of the water and not make a mess in the club), and put them up on stage, and let the crowd cheer for who they wanted to win.  T'was pretty bitchin'.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
I missed that tidbit when I read Coz's original post, I'm glad someone else called attention to it :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #566 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
So I'm almost done with my orientation.  So much information...

In addition to my job,  I am also  now a designated disaster working with the County...  Gonna be taking a bunch of FEMA classes and what.  Color me excited.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »
I am also  now a designated disaster working with the County...

That is the coolest title ever. What did you do to become a designated disaster?

:eyebrows:
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
Worker*

I pulled a king.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #569 on: April 25, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
Worker*

I pulled a king.

I pull it better.

Wait, wut?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #570 on: April 25, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »
I missed that tidbit when I read Coz's original post, I'm glad someone else called attention to it :lol

even I caught that bit.
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #571 on: April 25, 2016, 08:59:52 PM »
Gonna scratch another DTF'r off my bucket list tomorrow.

:caffeine:

Also... so nice to see JJ posting regularly again.  :hearts:  Though, it took some 'splainin to do every November 19th when I'd get birthday wishes from h-fangirl.   :lol  Especially because the email address I used to register there has ultimately become mrs.jingle's primary email.   :facepalm:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: April 25, 2016, 11:39:55 PM »
Tomorrow starts my actual training..  And apparently I'm not training in my soon to be home office..  But in another facility in a classroom setting. I feel like I'm back in school.. Lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #573 on: April 26, 2016, 04:27:48 AM »
Gonna scratch another DTF'r off my bucket list tomorrow.

:caffeine:

Also... so nice to see JJ posting regularly again.  :hearts:  Though, it took some 'splainin to do every November 19th when I'd get birthday wishes from h-fangirl.   :lol  Especially because the email address I used to register there has ultimately become mrs.jingle's primary email.   :facepalm:

I forgot about that site for about ten years but then finally deleted the forum and databases and everything recently.. I think. IIRC. Should be a non issue. Sorry about that. :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #574 on: April 26, 2016, 05:07:33 AM »
Good morning guys. Jen it's good to see you around these parts.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:43 AM »
Good morning guys. Jen it's good to see you around these parts.

Thanks! Amazing how many old names I see still hanging around. I've kept in touch with many of you guys on facebook over the years but there's no place like home.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #576 on: April 26, 2016, 05:29:32 AM »
The funny thing is as long as I've been on the forum I just recently joined the facebook group.

So what's been happening Jen?

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #577 on: April 26, 2016, 05:34:08 AM »
The funny thing is as long as I've been on the forum I just recently joined the facebook group.

So what's been happening Jen?

yeah i'm not a member of the facebook group but i'd added some people to my facebook back in 07 or 08 when I created it and people were sharing their new pages here, but most of us were still using myspace at that point, if anything. craziness.

What's up with me? heh. that is such a loaded question. the best answer is "nothin, what's up with you?" cuz asking me what's up is like asking your grandma what each of her friends' health problems is. :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #578 on: April 26, 2016, 05:43:44 AM »
Nothing new here :lol just doing the same old thing, finally moving out of Florida at the end of year but that's about it and currently I'm trying to ingest as much coffee as I can to survive.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #579 on: April 26, 2016, 05:47:36 AM »
Morning, guys

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #580 on: April 26, 2016, 05:49:00 AM »
ahh coffee. I love coffee. currently warming up more. I would like to move to Florida. Upstate NY sucks. Mornin Prog Snob, what's happenin?

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #581 on: April 26, 2016, 05:51:11 AM »
Morning! MMMmmm coffee. on my 2nd 24 oz cup already after a run in the rain.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #582 on: April 26, 2016, 05:51:54 AM »
Not much Jennyfur. I just got to work. How about yourself? I already had a cup of coffee but sorely need a second. I had one of my sleepless nights again. Oh bother...

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #583 on: April 26, 2016, 05:52:57 AM »
I'm a coffee over achiever. Usually drink a pot and a half all by myself each morning. Trying to cut back though because ain't nobody got time to pee that much.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #584 on: April 26, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
Morning Prog and Trooper.

Prog, I'm going to set up my switches later today, can't wait!!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: April 26, 2016, 05:53:46 AM »
I'm a coffee over achiever. Usually drink a pot and a half all by myself each morning. Trying to cut back though because ain't nobody got time to pee that much.

I'm actually trying to cut coffee down to one cup a day, going from 3-4 in the morning alone.

It's headache city for me

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #586 on: April 26, 2016, 05:55:12 AM »

That's why you need the Urinater Deviator.

Morning Prog and Trooper.

Prog, I'm going to set up my switches later today, can't wait!!

Awesomeness. If you have any queries, you know where to find me.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #587 on: April 26, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »
I probably will :lol, actually I have one now, any good guides on how to set them up?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: April 26, 2016, 05:57:09 AM »
Sippin' on my Dunkin Donuts coffee right now.  Morning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #589 on: April 26, 2016, 05:58:56 AM »
I will hit Dunkin later. I drink way to much coffee but so be it. In a lazy mood today. aargh. But I am off so.................let the fun begin.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: April 26, 2016, 05:59:02 AM »

I'm actually trying to cut coffee down to one cup a day, going from 3-4 in the morning alone.

It's headache city for me

I make myself a lot more Decaf at home. I don't notice *that* much of a taste difference. I try not to have any caffeine after 6pm anyway since I get terrible insomnia.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #591 on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:29 AM »
I can sleep having caffeine, it's the bladder that wakes me up at night.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #592 on: April 26, 2016, 06:04:57 AM »
I probably will :lol, actually I have one now, any good guides on how to set them up?

Sure. This book is pretty good. It's an older edition but serves its purpose. Truthfully, Cisco has all of their equipment manuals on their website, so you can also go there for your specific switch model.

https://gonda.nic.in/swangonda/pdf/ccnacomm.pdf

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: April 26, 2016, 06:05:23 AM »
Ah thanks!

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #594 on: April 26, 2016, 06:06:20 AM »
I don't have caffeine at all anymore except coffee, and try not to have that after 4pm but usually my evening latte isn't until more like 530. I drink coffee in the morning and a latte in the evening so in between I just drink black cherry flavored water or occasionally a diet A&W root beer, since they have no caffeine. My bladder still makes me get up every night though.