Author Topic: Dream Theater: The Astonishing (now with moment of betrayal!)  (Read 1207774 times)

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
Re: Dream Theater: The Astonishing
« Reply #1225 on: November 19, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
NOMACtavarium

The Astonishing: When Images Awake Falling From Turbulence Of Octavarium Chaos And Dramatic Dream

Also maybe I'm the only one, but I'd take a new character art reveal over new songs title. I'd like to finally know what Arhys looks like.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:16:58 AM by CDrice »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1226 on: November 19, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
Someone figured out how to reveal the hidden characters in the old thread but it seems DT have fixed that problem.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1227 on: November 19, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »
The tracklist is not that important when it comes to the concept. It's also one of the items that will be most easily leaked - since when people do actually get to hear it they'll also be able to leak the tracklist - so they want the tracklist out there in a controller manner rather than through rumors and leaks.
I think I may have seen a possible leak around, but dunno if it's legit or just someone trolling people. Will not share it here of course  ;)

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1228 on: November 19, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
It seems that the last update was like at 5:00 pm GMT. It is now 6:00 pm GMT. Hmmmm... Then again, I didn't check the times of all of the other updates. This is just my anxious worried fanboy speaking xD

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1229 on: November 19, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
UPDATE

:neverusethis:

when?  :(

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1230 on: November 19, 2015, 11:39:49 AM »
UPDATE

when?  :(

Lol. Or as we say in my land: HUEHUEHUE.

Offline RoadTrain_of Thought

• SuspiciousBulgarian
« Reply #1231 on: November 19, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
Ha! You can't get me! I've been clicking the refresh button constantly for the last 2 hours...   
"Like the wings of a dove, folding around me. I fall into this tender care."

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: November 19, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1233 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

RMGadelha e Sacul são BR? KKKKKKKK

F5-ing the Astonishing page 10 times per second... :caffeine: :caffeine:

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...
« Reply #1234 on: November 19, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
I keep imagining JP and JR checking this thread and seeing all the anxious people and going like: LOL  :rollin

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I'm from Rio and his profile says Argentina (which I don't mind. Football hooligans are stupid. Argentina is nice). I guess we should keep it in English though :P

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1235 on: November 19, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »
If anyone here gets bored waiting, you can always check out the DT Hair thread. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1236 on: November 19, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
As Mrs. Setlist would say: RSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRSRS!!!   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1237 on: November 19, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
Metropolis Part 2 Part 2: Shit Gets Real

Offline r3d86

• GO BRONCOS!!
« Reply #1238 on: November 19, 2015, 12:26:26 PM »
This gonna be very obvious but we will have to wait until tomorrow for an update, right?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1239 on: November 19, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
Not sure if I should say it out loud so I'll stay as vague as possible to not piss off anybody but... a coworker of mine is in the italian fanclub, or he was in the italian fanclub and he stayed in touch with the people there (I remember he told me he listened to Scenes from a Memory at a release party standing next to Petrucci). He showed me a screenshot of a comment that was forwarded to him. What comment? well, a comment about what we all long for, I'll say no more  :biggrin:

Now, PLEASE: Do not read this as a suggestion that something is or may be out there. Far from it. Whatever is being shared with selected people I'm pretty sure that is very guarded. But maybe the time where we'll get some endorsed and approved early reviews may be not terribly distant in the future.

Again, innocent trivia of info, "something is moving on all fronts" kind of thing, not wanting to piss anyone off!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: November 19, 2015, 12:33:34 PM »
So basically before and after your post we still have the same info and will continue to have the same info until more is released as it would have been anyway.

:tup

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1241 on: November 19, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »
Pretty much
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1242 on: November 19, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
This gonna be very obvious but we will have to wait until tomorrow for an update, right?

Depends when your tomorrow is. I mean, it's already tomorrow in Australia. There's still 4h25m left until tomorrow here.

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
« Reply #1243 on: November 19, 2015, 12:37:39 PM »
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

HUEHUE BRBR  :rollin

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #1244 on: November 19, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »
I have a fever
And the only prescription
IS MORE INFO
N O W
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
Not sure if I should say it out loud so I'll stay as vague as possible to not piss off anybody but... a coworker of mine is in the italian fanclub, or he was in the italian fanclub and he stayed in touch with the people there (I remember he told me he listened to Scenes from a Memory at a release party standing next to Petrucci). He showed me a screenshot of a comment that was forwarded to him. What comment? well, a comment about what we all long for, I'll say no more  :biggrin:

Now, PLEASE: Do not read this as a suggestion that something is or may be out there. Far from it. Whatever is being shared with selected people I'm pretty sure that is very guarded. But maybe the time where we'll get some endorsed and approved early reviews may be not terribly distant in the future.

Again, innocent trivia of info, "something is moving on all fronts" kind of thing, not wanting to piss anyone off!

This is a fun bit of info. The anticipation rises...
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline r3d86

• GO BRONCOS!!
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2015, 12:46:28 PM »

Depends when your tomorrow is. I mean, it's already tomorrow in Australia. There's still 4h25m left until tomorrow here.

Yes, of course. Here in Uruguay are 04:45 PM, so it's left a lot until tomorrow

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »

But if reviews came out before all the reveals of characters etc, wouldn't that ruin revealing them?  I'm sure any review would be full of spoilers about the story, right?

Offline RaasMah

« Reply #1248 on: November 19, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »

Metropolis 3 confirmed!

Seriously though you managed to get me hyped without even knowing what im hyped for

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1249 on: November 19, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »
But if reviews came out before all the reveals of characters etc, wouldn't that ruin revealing them?  I'm sure any review would be full of spoilers about the story, right?

Well, the more the release date approaches, the higher chances are that the various webzines and magazines will be invited to what I assume will be closely guarded listening sessions. Usually in those listening sessions you have a pen and a paper to write your impressions and you listen the album once, so those reviewers will focus on the music instead, the story will be complex and difficult to grasp at first.

Back in 1999 the internet was not so massive and I remember the famous "veil of secrecy" about SFAM, but I don't think anyone who heard the album beforehand only once came out and said "Omg there's this long heavy song which is a newspaper article but it's really all made up by the real assassin!"
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #1250 on: November 19, 2015, 01:00:10 PM »
Hmm, very curious, because I know that the italian fanclub doesn't have anything...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1251 on: November 19, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »
Hmm, very curious, because I know that the italian fanclub doesn't have anything...

Honestly: It was one brief moment before work. Coworker / DT concert buddy calls me at his desk before the working day starts, and shows me his phone to let me see the screenshot of the brief comment about the new record. He did not go into a detailed explanation of who forwarded it to him, I mentioned his (either present or past) connection in the fanclub just to show that he did not made up the story but that he was being informed by second, third or fourth hand.

I sincerely don't even know nor I was told if someone is being granted to listen to the whole thing, or just selected tracks.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #1252 on: November 19, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Sure.  So possibly people are getting advanced copies and preparing reviews for a specific date when they can publish them.  To me though, a proper review needs to have the artwork, lyrics etc. because those componants are part of the review.  Would someone publish a music-only review?

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #1253 on: November 19, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
MirrorMask: would you mind sending this information on pm?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1254 on: November 19, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1255 on: November 19, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »

Done. Thanks for enligthening me in the reply, early reviews are bound to arrive sooner or later but I don't think they're just around the corner now. Back to waiting for the next update of the tracklist!  :D

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1256 on: November 19, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »

Done. Thanks for enligthening me in the reply, early reviews are bound to arrive sooner or later but I don't think they're just around the corner now. Back to waiting for the next update of the tracklist!  :D

If the early reviews were to arrive later, would they still be early reviews?

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #1257 on: November 19, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »
Jeez, people still haven't figured out I like to joke a bit around with the fact that I've done reviews in the past. They post stuff that I make up as jokes and consider that to be reality. No, guys, DT isn't doing a country folk bebop album...

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #1258 on: November 19, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »
No, guys, DT isn't doing a country folk bebop album...

I am now highly disappointed.  :tdwn

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #1259 on: November 19, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
What if, after all, TA was DT's world music album? Nothing to back up that thought whatsoever! :lol

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael