Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 92651 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #770 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »
Well, I know it's tough, but as a Blues fan I'd be remaining positive. Don't get me wrong, it's two really good teams, and it's practically a coin flip, but I like the Blues chances. Like you said, it was two really weak goals, and it has been their superior performance throughout the series as a whole that had them up 3-2 and able to give up this unfortunate game. I assume the Blues come just as hard next game, and unless the Stars ramp it up big time, I don't see them being so lucky again.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #771 on: May 09, 2016, 09:20:10 PM »
I understand and you're right. I'll have a better outlook tomorrow. I'm too ticked right now to think rationally about it.....i can't get over how horrid of a start they had in that game given all that was at stake. There's no excuse to come out flat.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
So close, but the Blues can only blame themselves for that disgusting 1st period.  Now they have to win on the road in game 7.

Ain't gonna happen. Blues gut us once again. I fuc%ing hate being a Blues fan. No excuse to lose this game, especially when you've massively outplayed your opponent all series. I can't believe this is going 7 games.

Come to the black n red side! ;D

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2016, 09:32:37 PM »
Sharks game has been great again tonight. Great PP go ahead goal by the Sharks, and a fantastic answer by the Preds. Gonna be an exciting finish.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline dparrott

« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »
Another Sharks OT!  Let's close it out y'all!  :corn
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #775 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
Man, that was a hell of a finish. Sharks had the pressure, but then one mistake on an air puck and we're going to game 7. If there is one great thing about both games tonight, it's that they give us two more nights of great hockey.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #776 on: May 09, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »
Sure. Let's complete the evening with my a$$ hat brother in laws team forcing a game 7.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #777 on: May 09, 2016, 10:17:38 PM »
Every time Hitchcock has sat Edmunson in favor of Bortuzzo in the playoffs we've lost. Haven't won a game with him in the line up....0-4. Why mess with it?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #778 on: May 10, 2016, 07:09:07 AM »
I'll have a better outlook tomorrow.

I lied. I'm still pi$$ed and fully expect the 'close but no cigar' treatment on Wed. night because that's what the Blues do.....they just waited a couple extra games to do it this year.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #779 on: May 10, 2016, 07:58:35 AM »
...and the Sharks are on the edge of crumbling in the playoffs.  AGAIN.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #780 on: May 10, 2016, 08:27:33 AM »
...and the Sharks are on the edge of crumbling in the playoffs.  AGAIN.

your pain.....I feel it.....

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #781 on: May 10, 2016, 11:48:37 AM »
Yeah, next few days will be very interesting. Sharks, Blues, and Caps have all fell short of expectations for many years now. There is potential for a ton of relief or a LOT of renewed frustration.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #782 on: May 10, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
Sure. Let's complete the evening with my a$$ hat brother in laws team forcing a game 7.

If the preds win, that will be game seven on the road twice in the playoffs.  If that happens the Sharks fans will be pissed.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #783 on: May 10, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
How the hell are the Predators doing so well with Rinne in net?  That guy is fucking erratic.  He's like an even more unhinged Marty Turco.  Nearly every goal he gives up is directly his own fault for being too aggressive.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #784 on: May 10, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »

If the preds win, that will be game seven on the road twice in the playoffs.  If that happens the Sharks fans will be pissed.

Knowing how my brother in law will react and what he will say and do IF the Preds win a game 7 and advance and the Blues don't.....I'd happily trade a Blues loss in game 7 to assure the Preds lost as well. He is THAT big of an a$$hole.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #785 on: May 10, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
Sharks have made the playoffs 19 out of their 24 seasons.  Not one finals.    :tdwn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #786 on: May 10, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »

I lied. I'm still pi$$ed and fully expect the 'close but no cigar' treatment on Wed. night because that's what the Blues do.....they just waited a couple extra games to do it this year.

I think I've been the complete opposite.  Yeah, it blows that they blew that opportunity, but I take most losses in stride now.  It will be a rough one if they do lose tomorrow night, especially since they have outplayed the Stars for much of the series, but that is the way it goes sometimes.  It's just a game. ;)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #787 on: May 10, 2016, 06:49:47 PM »

I think I've been the complete opposite.  Yeah, it blows that they blew that opportunity, but I take most losses in stride now.  It will be a rough one if they do lose tomorrow night, especially since they have outplayed the Stars for much of the series, but that is the way it goes sometimes.  It's just a game. ;)

Yeah I get it but I fell for it again. I'm all in and had already planned my Stanley Cup Tat they'd been playing so well in my eyes.

I get they could still potentially win tomorrow night, but how can a championship team not close a series out at home in an environment like they had last night? It bugs the living crap out of me.

I'll watch and I'll root and chew my nails, I'll cuss at the air and beat my couch like its a punching bag. Hopefully they pull it off.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #788 on: May 10, 2016, 07:11:46 PM »
I know it's easy to look at last night as the Blues being the Blues again, but there are countless example over the years of teams having a chance to clinch at home and failing to do so, and every time, we wonder how that team could have a home game and not come through and put the other team away, but that kind of unpredictability is part of what makes sports so great.  Sure, that bit us in the ass last night, but more than any other sport, home ice/field advantage doesn't mean much in hockey (the home team is 5-8 in Blues playoff games this postseason), which is why I never thought for a second that winning last night was a mere formality.  And I think many Blues are forgetting that these Stars had the 2nd best record in the league for a reason. Their ability to capitalize on the few chances they had in the 1st period last night is why they were so good this year.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #789 on: May 10, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »
Good point and i think that's what frustrates me so much with Dallas. They'll literally have four good shifts in a game and win a game with those four good shifts. It makes my blood boil.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #790 on: May 10, 2016, 08:35:36 PM »
Pens are starting to fall apart in this game.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #791 on: May 10, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »
3 puck over the glass penalties in 2:02 :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #792 on: May 10, 2016, 08:51:59 PM »
I'm really pulling for the Caps in this one. I hope the Penguins keep it up with these idiotic mistakes  :rollin

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #793 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55:07 PM »
I just want to see another game  7.  Also,  I'm kinda pulling for Ovechkin to get a cup. I don't really have a team left in the playoffs though.  I just want entertaining games at this point.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #794 on: May 10, 2016, 09:03:38 PM »
I just want to see another game  7.  Also,  I'm kinda pulling for Ovechkin to get a cup. I don't really have a team left in the playoffs though.  I just want entertaining games at this point.

I'm in the same boat, but I really don't care for the Penguins so it's fun to root against them  :lol

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #795 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »
Ovi is why I'm a Caps fan for these playoffs. He's my favourite player aside from Price, and he needs a Cup so people stop bringing up that he doesn't have one.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #796 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
How the hell did Pittsburgh not score in that last flurry.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #797 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
The hockey gods smite the Capitals again. They deserved a better fate after that awesome comeback, but it is what it is.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #798 on: May 10, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
The hockey gods smite the Capitals again. They deserved a better fate after that awesome comeback, but it is what it is.

Very true. It was almost a given that they had to lose.  NO 3RD ROUND FOR YOU! !

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #799 on: May 10, 2016, 11:09:43 PM »
Mike Lange's call to end the game was priceless. "And all the Presidents' Trophy men couldn't put Humpty together again."

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2016, 04:21:19 AM »
It's pretty crazy to think that Ovechkin has never gotten passed the second round. The Capitals have one two President's Trophies and six division titles with him yet can't seem to get to the Conference Finals. Hell, Washington hasn't been passed the second round since their 1997-98 playoff run that ended in a Stanley Cup Finals loss to Detroit. It's a cruel fate for a great and classy player (meanwhile crybaby Crosby gets to play in his fourth conference final).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »
It is so entertaining to (not) watch my sister-in-law's husband's Facebook page as that game progressed. Sheer silence until the Caps came back. Then it was all "CARDIAC CAPS! COME ON BOYS LETS GET THIS IN OT! WE GOT THIS!" and all this bombast and confidence and then sheer, uninterrupted, unmitigated silence. Nothing. No comments on others' posts, no updates, nothing. I can feel the darkness emanating from his profile.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2016, 08:12:26 AM »
It is so entertaining to (not) watch my sister-in-law's husband's Facebook page as that game progressed. Sheer silence until the Caps came back. Then it was all "CARDIAC CAPS! COME ON BOYS LETS GET THIS IN OT! WE GOT THIS!" and all this bombast and confidence and then sheer, uninterrupted, unmitigated silence. Nothing. No comments on others' posts, no updates, nothing. I can feel the darkness emanating from his profile soul.

Fix'd (I assume).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2016, 08:14:41 AM »
Love the Pens hate in this thread  :lol

I'm beyond pumped this team outlasted the Caps, it was a hard fought series as expected! When it came down to it, the Pens depth scoring came through.

It's pretty crazy to think that Ovechkin has never gotten passed the second round. The Capitals have one two President's Trophies and six division titles with him yet can't seem to get to the Conference Finals. Hell, Washington hasn't been passed the second round since their 1997-98 playoff run that ended in a Stanley Cup Finals loss to Detroit. It's a cruel fate for a great and classy player (meanwhile crybaby Crosby gets to play in his fourth conference final).

Seriously? Crybaby Crosby?  :lol Come on man, give me a break. You mean like when the "classy" player Ovechkin brutally slashed the crybaby and instead of crying or complaining to the refs or taking a stupid penalty, he took his frustration out in the runway and came back to be a stabilizing force in the game a days ago? Its funny when the only criticism of Sid can be something completely not true, it's cool though, he will keep on being the best hockey player in the world.

Onward and upward Pens!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2016, 08:22:25 AM »
It is so entertaining to (not) watch my sister-in-law's husband's Facebook page as that game progressed. Sheer silence until the Caps came back. Then it was all "CARDIAC CAPS! COME ON BOYS LETS GET THIS IN OT! WE GOT THIS!" and all this bombast and confidence and then sheer, uninterrupted, unmitigated silence. Nothing. No comments on others' posts, no updates, nothing. I can feel the darkness emanating from his profile soul.
Fix'd (I assume).

Most likely. In a day or two he'll proclaim his undying loyalty to the team and say NEXT YEAR BABY and all will resume again in October.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:55:08 AM by Hyperplex »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche