Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91062 times)

Offline Jarlaxle

Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #910 on: May 16, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
Great start by Pittsburgh.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #911 on: May 16, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »
Yeah, good game so far. Vasilevskiy seemed uncomfortable at first being the starting goalie, but he seemed to have gotten over that in the second quarter so far. He absolutely robbed Crosby of a goal with a glove save! Kid's gonna be a star goalie someday

Keep it up Bolts! ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #912 on: May 16, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »
Keep it up Bolts! ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Yes! Go Bolts ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #913 on: May 16, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »
Well...shit...what a god damn waste. The first minute of the game hurt us, and the first minute of OT killed us.

Also, I can't believe that's Crosby's first OT goal

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #914 on: May 16, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »
Well...shit...what a god damn waste. The first minute of the game hurt us, and the first minute of OT killed us.

Can v USA  :neverusethis:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #915 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:48 PM »
Awesome shot to win it.

Offline Jarlaxle

Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thre
« Reply #916 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »

o/

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #917 on: May 16, 2016, 11:20:57 PM »

o/

*\o

Intercepting this crap for MERIKA.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #918 on: May 17, 2016, 06:28:30 AM »
Good game last night. Pens and Bolts seems like its going to be a hard fought series.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #919 on: May 17, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
Tarasenkos wife gave birth to their first child, a boy today. I'm thinking that'll get two goals from him tonight. Isn't there some Russian law they you have to score at least one goal on the day your child is born or you're shipped off to Siberia or something?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: May 17, 2016, 02:02:22 PM »
This is killing me that the Blues/Sharks is on the same timetable as the Cavs/Raptors!!!  Doesn't help that mrs.jingle hates sports too.  But the good news is that she's had bad headaches the past few days, and going to bed early.  I'm sure tonight will be more of the same.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #921 on: May 17, 2016, 02:04:36 PM »
I get the whole point of what you said and all that, but did you really just say it was good news that your wife has had headaches each of the last few days?  ???
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #922 on: May 17, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »
This is killing me that the Blues/Sharks is on the same timetable as the Cavs/Raptors!!!  Doesn't help that mrs.jingle hates sports too.  But the good news is that she's had bad headaches the past few days, and going to bed early.  I'm sure tonight will be more of the same.
Raptors? You mean "other"  :lol

I don't know if you saw that story, but I just thought it was sad and funny.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #923 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »

Let me make it easier for you: Raptors are going to lose the series in 3 games (they won't even bother showing up for game 4), so you should just focus on the hockey game.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: May 17, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
I get the whole point of what you said and all that, but did you really just say it was good news that your wife has had headaches each of the last few days?  ???
I did, and realized exactly how it sounded.  :biggrin: :blush "Good news" exclusively as it relates to me watching sports.  Not good otherwise.  And it's not terrible headaches/migraine's... just something that makes her want to crash early - ergo I'm not in the doghouse for wanting and watching the games.

I did not.  Link?

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #925 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
I did, and realized exactly how it sounded.  :biggrin: :blush "Good news" exclusively as it relates to me watching sports.  Not good otherwise.  And it's not terrible headaches/migraine's... just something that makes her want to crash early - ergo I'm not in the doghouse for wanting and watching the games.

I did not.  Link?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2016/05/17/who-will-win-nba-title-raptors-left-off-cbs-poll-for-other.html

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #926 on: May 17, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

I figured that, I just thought the wording of what you wrote was rather humorous.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #928 on: May 17, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »
Looks like the Blues decided to take another game off. :facepalm:

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #929 on: May 17, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »
This is painful. Steve Ott is such a worthless player.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #930 on: May 17, 2016, 08:43:04 PM »
AND DIS GAME IS OVAAAAAAH!   :metal

OK, Sharks, three more like that.  K?  Thx
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #931 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:28 PM »
How about that Joner?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: May 17, 2016, 09:32:33 PM »
The better team won tonight. 

Was it just me, or was the ice shit tonight?  Lots of missed passes, and the puck seemed to be very bouncy.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #933 on: May 18, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »
Great game by Pittsburgh tonight, totally dominated the Lightning. If they keep playing like that it's going to be over in a hurry.

I have to say, this has been a well-reffed series. They're letting a lot of the small things go and letting them play, and unless there's some egregious, I prefer those kind of games.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #934 on: May 18, 2016, 11:59:47 PM »
Great game by Pittsburgh tonight, totally dominated the Lightning. If they keep playing like that it's going to be over in a hurry.

Honestly, its if the LIGHTNING keep playing like that, it's going to be over in a hurry. I'm having flashbacks of last years Stanley Cup where we had a dominate season and a great playoff run, then played like we never stepped foot on the ice in the championship series. Disappointed Bolts fan, right here.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #935 on: May 19, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
Granted, I haven't watched many Lightning games this year, but aside from the 2nd period of game 1, this is as good as I have ever seen this Penguin team play. Their structure, team speed, and forecheck are giving the Lightning fits, especially the line of Kessel, Hagelin, and Bonino. Again, I don't want to express my opinion on the Lightning as fact, but I think Pittsburgh is playing so good and they aren't allowing the Lightning to play the way they want, IMO.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #936 on: May 19, 2016, 05:52:46 AM »
I love Hagelin. Always have.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #937 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:51 AM »

I miss him on the Rangers so much. It sucks that they couldn't afford to keep him because he wanted to stay in New York and as the team found out this year, he was a tremendous part of their success. Losing his speed and instinct was a bigger blow to the team than anyone could have imagined. Truly an underrated player.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #938 on: May 19, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »
Granted, I haven't watched many Lightning games this year, but aside from the 2nd period of game 1, this is as good as I have ever seen this Penguin team play. Their structure, team speed, and forecheck are giving the Lightning fits, especially the line of Kessel, Hagelin, and Bonino. Again, I don't want to express my opinion on the Lightning as fact, but I think Pittsburgh is playing so good and they aren't allowing the Lightning to play the way they want, IMO.

Ah yea, the HBK line baby!!

GREAT game by the Pens, scoring from the guys you need scoring from and great team defense.

I miss him on the Rangers so much. It sucks that they couldn't afford to keep him because he wanted to stay in New York and as the team found out this year, he was a tremendous part of their success. Losing his speed and instinct was a bigger blow to the team than anyone could have imagined. Truly an underrated player.

Hags has been unreal for the Pens since coming here, can't say a bad thing about his play. The addition of him and Daley put this team over the top.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #939 on: May 19, 2016, 08:54:37 PM »
Embarrassing play by the Blues again tonight.  The Sharks appear to be the better team anyway, but the lack of fire and energy from the Blues is very disappointing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #940 on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »
Embarrassing play by the Blues again tonight.  The Sharks appear to be the better team anyway, but the lack of fire and energy from the Blues is very disappointing.

It's easy to look better when the other team is playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Not to diminish San Jose's play thus far.....they are firing on all cylinders, but it's infuriating to watch the Blues not play how they played against Chicago and Dallas. Handing a good team easy victories sucks.

The Elliot train has been over for some time. He's had saves that kept the score admirable but there have been 5 goals scored by San Jose the past two games that should have been stopped.

Hitchcocks and idiot for playing Paarjvi in lieu of Reaves. Not only can Reaves hit and change the energy of a game in one shift, he's just as capable of scoring as Paarjvi is. And this will make the Blues 0-5 in the playiffs with Bortuzzo in the lineup. Why is he playing?

They still have a chance to split....but unless they decide to wear thier big boy pants and take the fucking tampon out of thier asses it won't matter.

Jake Allen better start the next game. Any 'magic' that Elliot had is gone and He's streaky.....he's not in the zone any longer.

Fucking Blues.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #941 on: May 19, 2016, 09:39:10 PM »

Joner
Sharks
My Gob

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #942 on: May 20, 2016, 04:09:40 AM »
That's two dominant performances in a row by the Sharks and if Elliot didn't stand on his head in game one, San Jose would be up 3-0 right now. The Blues have had a great season, but if they don't find a spark, this series will be over in five games.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #943 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
Yep the Sharks are by far the better team right now.  Elliott has done well to keep these games even within 3-4 goals - game 2 should've been a 6-0 blowout and this last one could've been similar.  The Sharks are way faster and more tenacious on the puck than either the Blackhawks or Stars have been by far.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: May 20, 2016, 07:11:20 AM »
Yeah the Sharks have been the better team thus far, but StL went to San Jose only needing to split, and they can still do that. Momentum is a curious thing. Not trying to take away from San Jose but the Blues have had stretches like this where they looked tired and lethargic. San Jose hasn't come close to tasting the Blues best....which IMO is better than any other teams best.

Saturday is a must win game, period. If we win it it's a tied series and how "great" San Jose has played really doesn't matter. If the Blues lose in a similar manner with lack of effort then I dont see them coming back from a 3-1 deficit, especially given their play.

The Blues have answered the call in every instance they needed to in the playoffs to this point, and I expect them to again. I still see this series going 7