Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 93114 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »
Honestly surprised he got a suspension. No qualms with it I just expected a fine, tops.

Same here. I thought they'd throw a $15-$20k fine at him, and let the apology be that. Is the NHL setting a precedent here?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
Hope that guy is okay...

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »
And the city of Philadelphia continues to earn their reputation as the Mos Eisley of sports fandom.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/flyers-condemn-fans-who-threw-bracelets/

Epic meltdown in Philly tonight.

Some Philly fans really lived up to their sterling reputation.

Every city has good and shit fans.

As a die hard Philly sports fan, usually I'm the first in line to defend my teams, and my town, and point out that there are assholes in every city.

But even I can't defend this or explain it away.  I've got nothing.  It's a shame about 100 or so shit heads had to go ahead and give the collective fan base another black eye. Pathetic. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #388 on: April 20, 2016, 07:53:04 PM »
Hope that guy is okay...
Yeah that looked real ugly. :-\ Very unfortunate. Never wanna see stuff like that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #389 on: April 20, 2016, 08:02:17 PM »
Shaw flicks off the officials, calls a player a f'ing faggot on national TV, and instigates a brawl after the game is over...and only gets a one-game suspension.

Letang tries to take some guy's head off with his stick...and gets NOTHING.

Unbelievable.

My brother has said it for years: the NHL is a garage league. 

I love hockey, so I will keep watching, but it could be so much better.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »
I wonder how Bettman feels about the Hawks looking to be eliminated
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2016, 12:57:22 AM »
I wonder how Bettman feels about the Hawks looking to be eliminated

Bettman is 10lbs of douche-bag-ass-clown in a 5lb bucket.  There's a reason he gets boo'd every single goddamn year when he is at the draft, or handing out the cup.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2016, 05:55:52 AM »
Both the Hawks and the Kings in a bad position in the first round. Crazy. But I love it. :D

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:58 AM »
Both the Hawks and the Kings in a bad position in the first round. Crazy. But I love it. :D

Would love to see some new blood emerge from the West. The Blues or Sharks making the Finals would be awesome.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #394 on: April 21, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »

Would love to see some new blood emerge from the West. The Blues or Sharks making the Finals would be awesome.

If my Rangers are eliminated those are the next two teams that I would root for. Both fanbases have endured enough heartbreak and deserve to see their team win it all.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19:42 AM »

Agreed. Sure I want it to be the Blues but I'd love to see some other teams there rather than the "usuals' of the past few years.

And, I still think your Stanley Cup Champion comes from the Western Conference.    :biggrin:

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #396 on: April 21, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »

Agreed. Sure I want it to be the Blues but I'd love to see some other teams there rather than the "usuals' of the past few years.

And, I still think your Stanley Cup Champion comes from the Western Conference.    :biggrin:

Pretty much a given. Even as dominant as the Caps were this season, no team from the east is going to beat any team that comes out of the west. I would even put money on the Preds to take out the east representative in the final.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #397 on: April 22, 2016, 05:29:23 AM »
So close. The Blues better win tomorrow night or the pressure is all on them in Game 7 at home Monday.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2016, 06:13:10 AM »
The Rangers are finished. They have no fight left in them and I see no way of them coming back from being down 3-1.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2016, 06:56:21 AM »
The Rangers are finished. They have no fight left in them and I see no way of them coming back from being down 3-1.

Great win for my Pens, really tough loss for the Rags. The Pens played a complete game and honestly the Rangers looked lost out there at times.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:51 AM »
So close. The Blues better win tomorrow night or the pressure is all on them in Game 7 at home Monday.

what a bummer of a game to lose. Especially when you mount a two goal come back in the third period and utterly dominate the first OT. Oh well. I still don't think Chicago has outplayed the Blues at all this series. If not for the game two debacle of officiating this series is over already. I highly doubt they beat Chicago again in Chicago, and I'd almost prefer it to go to game 7 just so the Blues can beat Chicago in front of their fans. Just as much as I doubt the Blues beat chicago three times in chicago....I don't see chicago beating the blues three times in St. Louis.

But this has been one heck of a series and it really doesn't seem fair that one of these teams will be out of the hunt. Not a big fan of a 107 pt team playing a 103 pt team in the first round. It's more of a punishment to both of them for doing good all season than anything.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2016, 08:25:38 AM »
Hawks didn't deserve that win last night. That being said, Kaner's OT goal was absolutely beautiful!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2016, 08:37:58 AM »
Hawks didn't deserve that win last night. That being said, Kaner's OT goal was absolutely beautiful!

I think he's the only one on the ice that knew where that puck was. He never lost sight of it. I was worried that he'd strike because of how well we've kept him off the board.

"Deserve" doesn't cut it though. Of course I think the Blues "deserved" to have won it due to the comeback and how well they played in the first OT but when they left the first period ties 0-0 that was the killer because it "should of/could have been" 2 or 3 to 0. They poured it on and had nothing to show for it. That goal they allowed with .4 seconds to go in the second period didn't help matters either.

I'd be utterly shocked to see the Blues win tomorrow and am expecting a game 7 Monday night and have spent the majority of the morning talking myself out of spending $400 to go to the game.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »

I think he's the only one on the ice that knew where that puck was. He never lost sight of it. I was worried that he'd strike because of how well we've kept him off the board.

"Deserve" doesn't cut it though. Of course I think the Blues "deserved" to have won it due to the comeback and how well they played in the first OT but when they left the first period ties 0-0 that was the killer because it "should of/could have been" 2 or 3 to 0. They poured it on and had nothing to show for it. That goal they allowed with .4 seconds to go in the second period didn't help matters either.

I'd be utterly shocked to see the Blues win tomorrow and am expecting a game 7 Monday night and have spent the majority of the morning talking myself out of spending $400 to go to the game.

If this happens, and they lose game 7, the rage-post will be beyond epic.  I fear for mrs.miller and the boys.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »
If this happens, and they lose game 7, the rage-post will be beyond epic.  I fear for mrs.miller and the boys.

I don't know if I'll rage...honestly. If it were to happen I think I'd be more in disbelief than anything.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »

I don't know if I'll rage...honestly. If it were to happen I think I'd be more in disbelief than anything.

I'm sure it'll evolve into rage.   :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »
Stay off of Twitter if that happens. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »
I swear I'm Neuvirth's good luck charm. He always stands on his head against the Habs and now he's giving the Caps Halak flashbacks.

EDIT: 1 less shot and they would have tied the record for least shots by a winning team in the playoffs. Jesus.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:05:59 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:48 PM »
Damn that was a good game.  Philly played a decent 3rd period, despite not having many shots.

Overheard during Dal-Min just now ... Ytse Jam.  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2016, 08:48:43 PM »
Damn that was a good game.  Philly played a decent 3rd period, despite not having many shots.

Overheard during Dal-Min just now ... Ytse Jam.  :metal
Yeah I caught that too. The Glass Prison played during the Philly-Washington game as well.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2016, 12:07:41 AM »
Sharks left a weak 2nd period behind to eliminate the Kings in the 3rd. Two of the filthiest goals you'll see from YA BOI Donskoi; so happy to see this team shrug off their last encounter with the Kings. The 2nd round's going to be an ugly one though, although I wouldn't ask for any less!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2016, 04:51:40 AM »
It's the last Saturday in April, and the Red Wings have already been brushed aside.  Kudos to Mr. Yzerman and Tampa Bay yet again.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2016, 07:46:07 AM »
Sharks left a weak 2nd period behind to eliminate the Kings in the 3rd. Two of the filthiest goals you'll see from YA BOI Donskoi; so happy to see this team shrug off their last encounter with the Kings. The 2nd round's going to be an ugly one though, although I wouldn't ask for any less!

Congrats! I really hope to have that same feeling in about 15 hrs or so. Please send a couple filthy goals for the Blues tonight....thanks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2016, 07:49:34 AM »
Kings are out.

Red Wings are out.

Hopefully, the Blues can knock the Blackhawks out and all will be right with the hockey world. :hat

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2016, 08:00:23 AM »
Hopefully, the Blues can knock the Blackhawks out and all will be right with the hockey world. :hat

I still believe they'll knock them out....just not tonight. I really can't imagine that they can beat Chicago..in Chicago...three times in one series. But, we shall see. Maybe the hockey gods will make all things right in the world and work it to where the travesty of game 2 is rewarded with a 'W' tonight.

Or the Blues just continue to whip Chicago and win.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »
I think one thing is clear in these playoffs: home ice does not mean much.  Home teams in these playoffs are 15-24. :eek :eek

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2016, 08:05:51 AM »
I think one thing is clear in these playoffs: home ice does not mean much.  Home teams in these playoffs are 15-24. :eek :eek

wow. just speaks to how good all these teams are.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2016, 08:21:45 AM »
It's the last Saturday in April, and the Red Wings have already been brushed aside.  Kudos to Mr. Yzerman and Tampa Bay yet again.

There's still one more Saturday left.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #418 on: April 23, 2016, 08:25:13 AM »

wow. just speaks to how good all these teams are.

That's the beauty of the NHL playoffs.  Anybody can beat anybody.  You look at the NBA playoffs and probably six or seven of the first round matches are easy picks as far as who is going to win the series, but in the NHL, any result in any series will not be a surprise.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #419 on: April 23, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »
WTF Kings???  You would think your team being in first place most of the year means they will go far.  Not in this damn sport!   :tdwn ::)

But at least the Sharks are still in it, until they crash and burn as usual.  Stupid Ducks will probably go to the final.   >:(
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.