Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90985 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2016, 08:23:18 AM »
Still Chad,  the B's shouldn't be in this position.   They choked down the stretch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »
Dear Bruins.  How can you be so flat when the playoffs is on the lin . You deserve to miss the playoffs.   Disgusting.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
Not a Bruins fan (Go Pens), but that is actually embarrassing. Your season is on the line and you are getting blown out by Ottawa? Bye bye Claude.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2016, 12:21:51 PM »
All season it's been like this but I the last game of the year, the playoffs on the line and you play like this?!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2016, 01:17:02 PM »
All season it's been like this but I the last game of the year, the playoffs on the line and you play like this?!

I'll never forget the worst final game played by a team I've ever seen - 2000 Playoffs; game 6 Tor vs NJ.  Tor registered 6 shots on goal - THE WHOLE GAME ... 3/2/1 by period.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »
Not a Bruins fan (Go Pens), but that is actually embarrassing. Your season is on the line and you are getting blown out by Ottawa? Bye bye Claude.
And the Sens may be hiring Claude  :lol

But as bad as the Sens, they are 8th in the league in goals for. If our defense was way way better, we would be in the playoffs. We're fourth in the league in goals against. That being said, I'm looking forward to a summer of change. I hope Murray steps aside. It's for the best.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #251 on: April 09, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »

I'll never forget the worst final game played by a team I've ever seen - 2000 Playoffs; game 6 Tor vs NJ.  Tor registered 6 shots on goal - THE WHOLE GAME ... 3/2/1 by period.

it's called good defense
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: April 09, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
ZGF!!!! How the hell are you?!!

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2016, 02:34:27 PM »
ZGF!!!! How the hell are you?!!

i'm doing well, just came back from a long hiatus, not great hockeywise i guess but happy to see old faces.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
Hey, Gil.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Playoffs... We're taking about playoffs!!!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2016, 05:03:49 PM »
I'd like to add...in week 7, the Flyers had a ~3.7% chance of making the playoffs, and the odds were still below 18% as late as week 20...and here we are at week 27, and they're in!

EDIT:, Yeah, after the way Boston shat on the ice today with the playoffs on the line, Claude is toast.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
St Louis vs Chicago, first round. Gonna be an interesting one!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »
Just realized I started this thread and came back on the last day of season, that was epic symmetry

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2016, 04:33:08 AM »
A little late but ...

Still, I predict I will be making the following post by Saturday afternoon:

Welcome to Chokesville; population - Bruins.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2016, 04:36:08 AM »
Just realized I started this thread and came back on the last day of season, that was epic symmetry

And I guess that's the reason I totally lapsed out that you haven't been around... I always saw your handle when coming into the NHL thread.

Nice to have see old names coming back to teh forumz.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2016, 04:43:59 AM »
Fuck Habs, injuring one of our best players right on the doorsteps of the playoffs. Looks like we're going to be playing Detroit without Tyler Johnson now. Stamkos definitely won't return with his blood clot surgery. Doesn't look good for my Bolts.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2016, 05:26:15 AM »
A little late but ...

Still, I predict I will be making the following post by Saturday afternoon:

Welcome to Chokesville; population - Bruins.

Well duh.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2016, 05:56:44 AM »
Part of me wants the Islanders to lose today so the Rangers can finish ahead of them. The other part of me wants them to win so that the Rangers play Florida instead of Pittsburgh.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2016, 06:54:46 AM »

Thank you, Ottawa.  Now we get to go up against Yzerman and the Bolts again (ugh)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2016, 07:42:22 AM »
Part of me wants the Islanders to lose today so the Rangers can finish ahead of them. The other part of me wants them to win so that the Rangers play Florida instead of Pittsburgh.

I think the Rangers might win for losing today.  I've got a feeling that Pittsburgh is making a run this year.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »
If recent history has shown us anything, it's that it doesn't really matter how hot or cold a team is down the stretch before the playoffs.  Once the playoffs begin, it's a whole new ball game.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »

Law of Averages say we (StL) will beat Chicago...eventually...Right?  :lol  I have a bunch of buddies who are "scared" and worried about Chicago. The way I look at it, we've played them tough the past few years and have a pretty good team this year. You''re probably gonna have to go through Chicago to get to the Cup anyway so might as well get it out of the way right off the bat. If we lose well....we lose, what's new? But when we beat them in 6 games that'll be a huge boost not only getting the first round and done monkey off their back but it'll be beating a great team.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »
Gary, you're more optimistic than I am. I am expecting another first round gag job, so hey, if they somehow pull it off, I'll be happily surprised.  Dip shit Hitchcock was mixing the lines up last night again, too.  Yeah, the lines they had been using were working too well, so let's change it and make guys play with others they normally don't play with, right before the playoffs. Brilliant. :\

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Gary, you're more optimistic than I am. I am expecting another first round gag job, so hey, if they somehow pull it off, I'll be happily surprised.  Dip shit Hitchcock was mixing the lines up last night again, too.  Yeah, the lines they had been using were working too well, so let's change it and make guys play with others they normally don't play with, right before the playoffs. Brilliant. :\

Like I said, I'd rather just either get it over with or use a series win against Chicago as a major moral and confidence boost. Don't get me wrong....Chicago is a friggin' awesome team. And they are an even better playoff team because year after year their star players show up in the playoffs and produce. That has been the Blues issue...our star players vanish. Other than Tarasenko (who performs in the playoffs) our best players are usually third and fourth line guys. I don't think that'll be the case this time and we can beat Chicago with our star players performing. I think they'll do it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »
Wow the Bruins suck. What a waste of a season. The goal was develop young players and make the playoffs. The did neither. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »

Bring it on!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »
The last game of the season ended nearly an hour ago and the NHL still hasn't announced the entire first round playoff schedule. God, the NHL sucks.  :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2016, 08:49:31 PM »
Sharks vs Kings, I'm feeling good about this rematch. We've had their number for the most part this season, and we have the depth to handle injuries, unlike last time when we lost Pickles  :'(

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2016, 06:14:47 AM »
Wow. What a spineless showing from the Islanders. It's clear they were losing on purpose so they can get Florida instead of Pittsburgh. And the fans were happy about it too. Now the Rangers have to play Pittsburgh and either Washington or Philly to get to the conference finals while the Islanders have the easier sequence of Florida and either Detroit or an injured Lightning squad to play in order to get to the conference finals.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »
Rest in peace Ed Snider.

-MirrorMask

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »
Wow. What a spineless showing from the Islanders. It's clear they were losing on purpose so they can get Florida instead of Pittsburgh. And the fans were happy about it too. Now the Rangers have to play Pittsburgh and either Washington or Philly to get to the conference finals while the Islanders have the easier sequence of Florida and either Detroit or an injured Lightning squad to play in order to get to the conference finals.

Not sure if going through Florida is going to be easier than Pitt. Granted the Pens have been playing solid down the stretch, but they were a train wreck for a while. And their goaltending is beyond suspect going in to the playoffs. Definitely a good idea to avoid having to face Washington in the conference final, but knowing the Caps, they'll be gone in the 1st round anyway lol.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2016, 10:40:47 AM »
Go Caps and such!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »

Not sure if going through Florida is going to be easier than Pitt. Granted the Pens have been playing solid down the stretch, but they were a train wreck for a while. And their goaltending is beyond suspect going in to the playoffs. Definitely a good idea to avoid having to face Washington in the conference final, but knowing the Caps, they'll be gone in the 1st round anyway lol.

It's the Stanley Cup playoffs, I really don't think there is such a thing as "easy" match up, my Pens have arguably been the best team in the league for the last month or so though, so I think they will be a tough team to play against. Goal tending is definitely the big question mark right now though, we have to wait and see if Fleury and/or Murray can play...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:19 AM »
Not happy at all about the Rangers match up against the Pens.   >:(  Then again, the Ranger's aren't a real contender this season, but I was hoping they'd make it out of the first round, not feeling it at all against the Pens.