Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90980 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #350 on: April 19, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »
Yeah I kinda was addressing the way the league is called now in a broader sense, not specifically the blue line stuff.

Allowing as much clutch and grab hockey as they are almost directly decreases scoring, highly skilled players are driving into the offensive zone and being held up constantly which prevents scoring chances that could lead to goals. People want to see goals, people want to see stars dominate, people want excitement.

That's one of the reasons the NFL is so successful, fantasy leagues are driven by stats and scoring. When big players score, fantasy leagues are sustained. People watch games because they are in fantasy leagues, ratings on TV generate insane revenue for football. The NFL knows all this and has made adjustments to the game to promote it.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #351 on: April 19, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »
I'm tired of the Rangers having to play both the Penguins and the refs. The officials aren't calling obvious penalties on dangerous plays. It's fucking bullshit and I'm sick of it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2016, 08:37:14 PM »
How is this not a penalty, ejection and major suspension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83EXTjhaWY

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2016, 08:55:58 PM »
How is this not a penalty, ejection and major suspension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83EXTjhaWY

Didn't get to watch that game tonight, but wow…  :facepalm: I'm sure he'll eventually get a little slap on the wrist like Keith did. That's just awful… now I want the Rangers to win that series even more.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
anyone else just witness corey crawford charge our player, begin to fight him and then watch as St. Louis ends up on the penalty kill AFTER crawford started the whole thing?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2016, 09:09:13 PM »
this is a travesty against St. Louis

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2016, 09:09:27 PM »
And then the Hawks score.  The NHL really does want Chicago to win.  It's so obvious.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »
And then the Hawks score.  The NHL really does want Chicago to win.  It's so obvious.

I seriously cannot believe what I just saw. How in the  :censored can a goalie leave his crease and start a fight and NOT get a penalty called on him? oh...its a chicago goalie. forgot. So....when that happens you also throw a couple penalties against the other team just to rub it in a bit.

If I were st. louis I'd take the loss right now and head hunt the rest of the game. I'd hurt Kane, Toews....all of them

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »
Nah, you can't do that, since guys could get suspended for the next few games, and since they are Blues, you know they would be, but Hitchcock, win or lose tonight, needs to go off like nobody's business after this.  Take the fine and call out the officials like they robbed his grandmother.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2016, 09:16:31 PM »
Nah, you can't do that, since guys could get suspended for the next few games, and since they are Blues, you know they would be, but Hitchcock, win or lose tonight, needs to go off like nobody's business after this.  Take the fine and call out the officials like they robbed his grandmother.

We can afford to lose Bortuzzo. I'd tell him to head hunt Kane plain and simple.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »
so nice to watch a team score and dominate WITHOUT the help and obvious favoritism of the officiating.. :metal

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:15 PM »
Are you bipolar, gmillerdrake? Completely unrelated.  :lol Kidding, that was a bad call. The refs could have even evened it up and it would have been fine, but giving St. Louis an extra minor is strange, unless something I can't see on the replays happened to warrant it.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:10 PM »

Funny it looks to me like the Blues are up 3-1 in the series.

You guys need to stop bitching and whining, and stop watching if you don't like it.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:03 PM »
Not a Blues fan but I'm actually stoked that they won tonight. Really hope they wrap this series up next game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:09 PM »
You'd be bitching if your team was getting screwed that badly.

And despite all that, the Blues lead 3 games to 1.

F you, NHL.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

You guys need to stop bitching and whining, and stop watching if you don't like it.

It's tough to watch when your team repeatedly gets the shaft on some plainly obvious homer calls from the refs. It'd be different if it were just 'us' talking about it but I guarantee....just like the game two shafting.....these calls the refs made tonight will be mentioned everywhere. I'm curious as to if you even watched the game(s)?

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »

It's tough to watch when your team repeatedly gets the shaft on some plainly obvious homer calls from the refs. It'd be different if it were just 'us' talking about it but I guarantee....just like the game two shafting.....these calls the refs made tonight will be mentioned everywhere. I'm curious as to if you even watched the game(s)?

All of em. And wasn't there a too many men call against the Blues that wasn't called?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »

All of em. And wasn't there a too many men call against the Blues that wasn't called?

I'm sure you can fabricate one if you try really, really hard, but in what world does a goalie not only start a fight and not get a penalty, but sees his team end up with a PP as a result?  Even Chi sportswriters were talking about awful it was (on twitter).

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »

I'm sure you can fabricate one if you try really, really hard, but in what world does a goalie not only start a fight and not get a penalty, but sees his team end up with a PP as a result?  Even Chi sportswriters were talking about awful it was (on twitter).

There were plenty of times that I think the Hawks should've been sent to the box, but being a Hawks fan, I'm not gonna put up too much of a fuss. Life goes on.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
I am just saying, just about anyone would be pretty aggravated if their team was on the receiving end of some calls the Blues have been in this series.

What's key is how the Blues have responded to them.  They responded to the Game 2 nonsense by winning Game 3 by dominating the 3rd period, and after that total screw job in the 2nd period tonight, they ripped off three straight goals and won the game.  Blues teams of years past would have collapsed under the weight of such adversity; this Blues team is thriving.  It's beautiful to see so far.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2016, 07:45:06 AM »
HUGE win for the Pens at MSG last night. Upgrading from our 3rd string goaltender to our 2nd string goaltender helps, haha.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »
And the city of Philadelphia continues to earn their reputation as the Mos Eisley of sports fandom.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/flyers-condemn-fans-who-threw-bracelets/

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2016, 08:04:03 AM »
Curious to as everyone's opinions to Andrew Shaw calling the referee  a "Fuc%ing Fag%ot" not once....but twice caught on camera....and gave him the double finger? If i were a betting man I say all he gets is a small fine. But, it's great when a persons true character start to bubble to the surface. Keep it classy Shaw   :tup

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: April 20, 2016, 08:07:27 AM »
And the city of Philadelphia continues to earn their reputation as the Mos Eisley of sports fandom.

Epic meltdown in Philly tonight.

Some Philly fans really lived up to their sterling reputation.

Every city has good and shit fans.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #374 on: April 20, 2016, 08:10:27 AM »
Curious to as everyone's opinions to Andrew Shaw calling the referee  a "Fuc%ing Fag%ot" not once....but twice caught on camera....and gave him the double finger? If i were a betting man I say all he gets is a small fine. But, it's great when a persons true character start to bubble to the surface. Keep it classy Shaw   :tup
Simmonds got into a similar situation once and they deemed they didn't have enough conclusive proof to do anything. I guess it depends on if anyone wants to speak out against him.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »

Epic meltdown in Philly tonight.

Some Philly fans really lived up to their sterling reputation.

Every city has good and shit fans.

Ahh, didn't look back far enough.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
Simmonds got into a similar situation once and they deemed they didn't have enough conclusive proof to do anything. I guess it depends on if anyone wants to speak out against him.

He was already unlikable for me due to his 'agitator' role for Chicago....which he's GREAT at....and I can understand being heated.....but saying that once (to the ref on the ice when he made the call) is "understandable" I suppose given the heat of the moment. But to continue on and say the same phrase again...after banging your stick on the glass to make sure folks are looking...that's where it becomes shady to me.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »

There was also this BS that went uncalled.

He was already unlikable for me due to his 'agitator' role for Chicago....which he's GREAT at....and I can understand being heated.....but saying that once (to the ref on the ice when he made the call) is "understandable" I suppose given the heat of the moment. But to continue on and say the same phrase again...after banging your stick on the glass to make sure folks are looking...that's where it becomes shady to me.

True. Yeah I definitely wouldn't take issue with him getting punished for this. It's kinda lame though that (as with most of these situations) if it didn't get caught on camera the NHL wouldn't even care.

EDIT: At the same time I kinda like what Scrivens had to say.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:03:26 AM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »
There was also this BS that went uncalled.

I didn't see that....looked clean to me. ha ha ha

Listen....I'm certain I could pick through an entire game and show multiple occasions where Chicago has gotten away with a penalty just as I'm sure there are occasions the Blues have as well.

But that doesn't change the fact that there is one team that has greatly benefited from some very questionable calls and non calls and it's not the Blues.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »
Shaw might get a suspension for it

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
Up until around 8 years ago, I used the word "faggot" a lot, mainly when messing with friends and whatnot, but never did I use it as a derogatory term for a gay person. Speaking of, I was a huge culprit to "fill in the blank" is gay, meaning to say something is lame. 

Not condoning what the dude said, but can relate.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
I used to use it a lot, as soon as even a couple years ago is when I started trying to purge it from my vocab. I never use it nowadays, which is good.

Great article by Chris Hine on the matter.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »
Up until around 8 years ago, I used the word "faggot" a lot, mainly when messing with friends and whatnot, but never did I use it as a derogatory term for a gay person. Speaking of, I was a huge culprit to "fill in the blank" is gay, meaning to say something is lame. 

This. I think pretty much my whole mid teen years our group of friends used it a lot....and the whole 'fill in the blank' is gay thing also. I'm thinking around it wasn't until I was around 18-19 that I really realized how offensive that could come off so I just eliminated it from the vocabulary.

I'm sure Shaw regrets saying it....and I'd be willing to bet he in no way meant it as a direct shot at gays.....I'm thinking he was using it in the same context that I and you did when we were younger. He was ticked and fired up. Problem is, there's cameras everywhere and we are in a culture now where if you're in the slightest famous or whatever your every move and word is going to be analyzed and you'll be hammered on if it's something like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing him sit the next game though  :biggrin:

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

This. I think pretty much my whole mid teen years our group of friends used it a lot....and the whole 'fill in the blank' is gay thing also. I'm thinking around it wasn't until I was around 18-19 that I really realized how offensive that could come off so I just eliminated it from the vocabulary.

I'm sure Shaw regrets saying it....and I'd be willing to bet he in no way meant it as a direct shot at gays.....I'm thinking he was using it in the same context that I and you did when we were younger. He was ticked and fired up. Problem is, there's cameras everywhere and we are in a culture now where if you're in the slightest famous or whatever your every move and word is going to be analyzed and you'll be hammered on if it's something like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing him sit the next game though  :biggrin:

You got your wish. And he got a $5,000 fine. Which is fair

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Honestly surprised he got a suspension. No qualms with it I just expected a fine, tops.