Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 265719 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #2730 on: June 12, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
So all day at work today we listened to " The Best of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler " and then " The best of Status Quo ".  :metal  :biggrin:

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2731 on: June 12, 2015, 03:31:04 PM »
Real men wear their sunglasses at night
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2732 on: June 12, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
And ignore the living shit out of explosions. :cool:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2733 on: June 12, 2015, 03:32:00 PM »
Fuck yea
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2734 on: June 12, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »
So all day at work today we listened to " The Best of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler " and then " The best of Status Quo ".  :metal  :biggrin:

I only know there is a band named Status Quo, and apparently they were huge but I don't think I've heard a song from them.

As for Dire Straits, well I'm a huge Dire Straits fan.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2735 on: June 12, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
Real men wear their sunglasses at night

Shut up Corey Hart.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2736 on: June 12, 2015, 05:18:03 PM »

I only know there is a band named Status Quo, and apparently they were huge but I don't think I've heard a song from them.

Hit up YouTube for "Whatever You Want". Thanks Curse me later.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2737 on: June 12, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »
Holy FUCK!!! I just had a flashback, I do remember them!!! Live Aid!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knxE73bCpUk

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2738 on: June 12, 2015, 09:28:32 PM »
Good evening guys

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2739 on: June 12, 2015, 09:29:41 PM »
Bottoms up!  Bed time for this old fart.  It's 11:30.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2740 on: June 12, 2015, 09:35:08 PM »
Lame

I'm taking shots with my depressed cousin a state away whilst watching Jurrassic Park: The Lost World.

WOot

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2741 on: June 12, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »
The Lost World?

Lame. :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
I've seen the fist one a hundred times, the third one once or twice, and the newest one I saw last night... but I couldn't remember a single thing from the second one. So I am watchin ALL THE JURASSIC PARK.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2743 on: June 12, 2015, 09:41:29 PM »
Wel you'll hate yourself after this.  Spielberg ruined it.  The book was incredible!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2744 on: June 12, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »
cant be worse than the crysal skull

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2745 on: June 12, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »
Worse in my book.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2746 on: June 12, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »
It's not THaT bad.

I mean... I am kinda drunk andn just spent 20 minutes on the phone while NOT paying attention to the movie

So I probably am not the best person to jugde

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2747 on: June 12, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »

Hit up YouTube for "Whatever You Want". Thanks Curse me later.

That song and Down Down are used extensively on shopping commercials here, with the band actually performing new versions of them. I'm getting too used to hearing "down down prices are down". :lol

There's also Rockin' All Over the World, which I always thought the Muppets did in an old TV special where they go do Disney World, but watching it recently it turns out it's actually a rip-off that's better than the original. :lol

The Lost World?

Lame. :lol

Lost World is pretty cool aside from the humans' very unlikely survival. It's the third one that truly sucks.

And let's not forget the REAL Lost World, the 1925 silent film. :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2748 on: June 12, 2015, 11:12:11 PM »
I've movedd on to #3. I think I prefer this to the second due to sentimental reasons. I went on a field trip in 4th grade to see it. I rode with my teacher's husband to the theater. He drove a 90's Cherokee. He's a firefighter and told us a story about giving mouth to mouth to someone who was already dead and he caused them to fart.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2749 on: June 12, 2015, 11:33:35 PM »
Hopefully you're now old enough to realize how atrocious the third one is.

I'm watching Dark Matter. Half way through so far.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2750 on: June 13, 2015, 12:12:16 AM »
I forgot that was today. :omg:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: June 13, 2015, 12:29:14 AM »
I forgot that was today. :omg:

Yep. I think it officially airs in Australia tonight on whatever channel airs it, although I get it once it airs in the US.
First episode was solid. For a space-based scifi show to have to establish itself well in only a one hour episode is impossible, so I didn't expect the first episode to manage everything, but it has potential.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2752 on: June 13, 2015, 12:31:32 AM »
Glad to hear it wasn't terrible. I probably won't get around to watching it until tomorrow though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2753 on: June 13, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »
It definitely wasn't bad, it just didn't have enough time to establish all of the characters or to give a feel of what the show will be like week to week, which is understandable given that a lot of information isn't revealed until the very end of the episode.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2754 on: June 13, 2015, 04:42:09 AM »
Hopefully you're now old enough to realize how atrocious the third one is.

I DVR'd it.  I might not be able to watch it until tomorrow night.

Morning.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2755 on: June 13, 2015, 05:04:36 AM »
Lost World is pretty cool aside from the humans' very unlikely survival. It's the third one that truly sucks.
This, for sure.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: June 13, 2015, 05:07:29 AM »
The whole added King Kong tip of the hat was just terrible.  I made the mistake of reading that incredible book and watched the Movie after.  I actually was nervous reading the book.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2757 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:19 AM »
Oh, I see the problem.  You have an unnatural love of the book.

I read the book first too, king.  The book isn't that good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2758 on: June 13, 2015, 05:12:41 AM »
Well too bad for you! :lol

It's still the worst movie of the 3 for me! :lol

Oh well, not the end of the world.  I've got my godson sleeping over tonight.  Got to figure out a movie to watch tonight.  Oh and ice cream.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2759 on: June 13, 2015, 05:14:13 AM »
You're a silly person.  No way is JP III better than TLW.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2760 on: June 13, 2015, 05:17:06 AM »
I loved the 1st one.  not to keen on the other two.  But hey, I did say on another post that opinions can be wrong. :lol

Man did I cause a crap show there.  I just hate that people say opinions can't be wrong.  You may be right and I should watch both but no big whoop.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2761 on: June 13, 2015, 05:23:54 AM »
I just hate that people say opinions can't be wrong.

They say that because it's true. Deal with it. :biggrin:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2762 on: June 13, 2015, 05:27:24 AM »
I was of the mind that opinions couldn't be wrong, until I saw your opinion on The Lost World lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2763 on: June 13, 2015, 06:10:21 AM »
 :lol

Well your oppions are wrong!  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2764 on: June 13, 2015, 06:19:35 AM »
I have no fucking oppions.

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.