Author Topic: The random thoughts thread.  (Read 122469 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Re: The random thoughts thread.
« Reply #1470 on: May 14, 2024, 09:03:28 AM »
And we wonder why there aren't many women on these boards..........

They were given the choice of join a forum of prog rock fans or join a forum full of bears.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1471 on: May 14, 2024, 10:11:28 AM »
They were given the choice of join a forum of prog rock fans or join a forum full of bears.

:tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1472 on: May 14, 2024, 11:23:14 AM »
I woke up at 5am realizing I forgot to leave the parking pass on the dashboard of our rental. My wife and I walked down at 6 to put it out. On the way back, she says, "I'm not sure I would've come down here alone."
My response..."Why? Do you think you'd be attacked by a bear or something?"  ;D

Actually she then responded..."People. Like what's that guy standing by the elevator with a coffee doing?" (there was a younger 35ish looking guy there)

I said. "who knows? He's probably waiting for his wife. She's probably still doing her hair!"

I'm gonna be in trouble by the end of the day.. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1473 on: May 14, 2024, 11:28:35 AM »
Well, spoken for truth. 

But you highlight good points: the number of variables are infinite, but they all sort of point in the same direction.   It's far more likely that you WILL have someone standing around like that on vacation, because what else is there to do?  BUT... the risk is probably higher on vacay because no one knows that guy or even what state he's from because you have no way of tying it back.  If you were in NYC, in an apartment building, it's probably less likely that someone is idling around in the lobby, but if there was, there are probably 20 people that know that guy and what floor/apartment he's in. 

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1474 on: May 14, 2024, 11:39:57 AM »
And we wonder why there aren't many women on these boards..........

I think you were responding to some of the toilet humor jokes made, but I feel like my line of thinking (washing hands before and after) would equally apply to all genders!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: May 14, 2024, 06:35:10 PM »
I think you were responding to some of the toilet humor jokes made, but I feel like my line of thinking (washing hands before and after) would equally apply to all genders!

As I mentioned, the original thought I posted had no gender specific bias thinking whatsoever.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1476 on: May 14, 2024, 06:37:24 PM »
I woke up at 5am realizing I forgot to leave the parking pass on the dashboard of our rental. My wife and I walked down at 6 to put it out. On the way back, she says, "I'm not sure I would've come down here alone."
My response..."Why? Do you think you'd be attacked by a bear or something?"  ;D

Actually she then responded..."People. Like what's that guy standing by the elevator with a coffee doing?" (there was a younger 35ish looking guy there)

I said. "who knows? He's probably waiting for his wife. She's probably still doing her hair!"

I'm gonna be in trouble by the end of the day.. :lol

It's kind of scary that the way of the world these days, general fear creeps in to some of us and makes us wary of absolutely anyone that's around us, no matter how innocent they probably are.  Sad times.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: May 15, 2024, 07:26:04 AM »
At night, in the city or in a parking lot or something like that, I don't let anyone walk behind me within say 15 feet EVER.   I will stop and let them pass, or cross the streak. White, black, man, woman, doesn't matter.  This isn't about gender or race.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1478 on: May 15, 2024, 11:34:33 AM »
Oh for sure. We went downtown yesterday, and I will usually bring up the rear, and I was "paying attention".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1479 on: May 15, 2024, 12:22:02 PM »
Oh for sure. We went downtown yesterday, and I will usually bring up the rear, and I was "paying attention".

Good call.  :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1480 on: May 16, 2024, 01:10:34 PM »
Clarke Schmidt has been brilliant today!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1481 on: May 24, 2024, 10:00:29 AM »
Why is Mike Tyson fighting Jake Paul? Isn't there a 30 year age difference? Tyson is still a badass.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1482 on: May 24, 2024, 10:46:45 AM »
Why is Mike Tyson fighting Jake Paul? Isn't there a 30 year age difference? Tyson is still a badass.

I don't know; Tyson is my age, but I remember watching him hit good boxers and seeing their knees turn to rubber on contact.  This smacks of internet/social media hubris.  I'd love to see Tyson chew this guy up and spit him out.

Not, of course, literally, and it's odd I actually have to say that.  :)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1483 on: May 24, 2024, 11:13:06 AM »
I don't know; Tyson is my age, but I remember watching him hit good boxers and seeing their knees turn to rubber on contact.  This smacks of internet/social media hubris.  I'd love to see Tyson chew this guy up and spit him out.

Not, of course, literally, and it's odd I actually have to say that.  :)

That's probably the main reason it's happening. A TON of people would love to see Tyson pulverize (or anyone pulverize) Jake Paul, and I'm sure Jake Paul is so focused on internet hype that he is fine with it too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1484 on: May 24, 2024, 11:40:34 AM »
Who is Jake Paul?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: May 24, 2024, 11:52:28 AM »
I came in to post that. I'm guessing he's someone who's famous for being famous?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: May 24, 2024, 12:09:53 PM »
I came in to post that. I'm guessing he's someone who's famous for being famous?

Eh, a little more than that, but just a little.  He and his brother, Logan, started off as social media "celebrities" and they both tend to be jacks of all trades and masters of none (does it surprise you that Jake has released a rap album?) but they're not completely devoid of talent or skills.  He IS a legit professional boxer and has wrestled in the WWE and fought in mixed martial arts.  His brother wrestles now and is engaged to model Nina Agdal.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: May 24, 2024, 12:35:18 PM »
Who is Nina Agdal?

Oh right, she's engaged to Logan Paul.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1488 on: May 24, 2024, 12:44:07 PM »
Who is Nina Agdal?

Oh right, she's engaged to Logan Paul.

HAHAHA, she's a model; she's one of the temporary guest hosts on Ridiculousness! on MTV (something I watch frequently; I love that shit.)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1489 on: May 24, 2024, 12:46:01 PM »
What is Ridiculousness?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: May 24, 2024, 12:52:06 PM »
What is Ridiculousness?

It's a sort of "adult" or "Gen X" version of "America's Funniest Home Videos".  Not too many cute dog videos, but they'll have drunks falling down on sidewalks, parkour stunts gone wrong, that kind of thing.  I think it's hilarious, frankly, and we've taken to watching it as a family and trying to identify who is who in the videos.  Lame, I know, but it's a way of engaging the family.  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1491 on: May 24, 2024, 12:55:13 PM »
I won't judge. :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: May 24, 2024, 01:02:11 PM »
I have watched that in years, does it have the same host? I thought that guy was great and brought a lot to the presentation, but I couldn't stand his sidekicks. They were annoying and contributed absolutely nothing.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1493 on: May 24, 2024, 01:40:25 PM »
He . . . has wrestled in the WWE

So...an actor.

I'll save the "whos" and "whats" for all the rest of the stuff you're throwing out there.   :)

she's a model

That usually translates to someone I will find unattractive and in serious need of a cheeseburger...checking...yup.

It's a sort of "adult" or "Gen X" version of "America's Funniest Home Videos".

Isn't that what Impractical Jokers is?  I've never watched it because it looks annoying AF.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1494 on: May 24, 2024, 02:26:51 PM »
What is Ridiculousness?

The fact that Kade still hasn't written "I Still Remember Someone Else".  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1495 on: May 24, 2024, 03:08:57 PM »
I have watched that in years, does it have the same host? I thought that guy was great and brought a lot to the presentation, but I couldn't stand his sidekicks. They were annoying and contributed absolutely nothing.

So the host - Rob Dyrdek - is a former X-games competitor and professional skateboarder.  He is still the host.

The sidekicks for a long time - Sterling "Steelo" Brim and Chanel "West Coast" were there for a while, but Chanel got pregnant and left to take a "development deal" with MTV.  Hasn't, to my knowledge, developed anything other than the kid.  Now, it's Sterling and a rotating group of guest hosts - Carly Aquilino (comedian), Nina Agdal (model and soon-to-be Mrs. Logan Paul), Rocsi Diaz (TV host), Karrueche Tran (actress, model, and TV host), Camille Kostek (model and maybe Mrs. Rob Gronkowski), and Lolo Wood (actress, model and maybe Mrs. Odele Beckham, Jr.).  It's far better with the guest hosts.   

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: May 24, 2024, 06:14:31 PM »
The fact that Kade still hasn't written "I Still Remember Someone Else".  :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: May 24, 2024, 06:55:43 PM »
So the host - Rob Dyrdek - is a former X-games competitor and professional skateboarder.  He is still the host.

The sidekicks for a long time - Sterling "Steelo" Brim and Chanel "West Coast" were there for a while, but Chanel got pregnant and left to take a "development deal" with MTV.  Hasn't, to my knowledge, developed anything other than the kid.  Now, it's Sterling and a rotating group of guest hosts - Carly Aquilino (comedian), Nina Agdal (model and soon-to-be Mrs. Logan Paul), Rocsi Diaz (TV host), Karrueche Tran (actress, model, and TV host), Camille Kostek (model and maybe Mrs. Rob Gronkowski), and Lolo Wood (actress, model and maybe Mrs. Odele Beckham, Jr.).  It's far better with the guest hosts.   

Yeah, I knew he did some x-games type sport. I have no idea how he would do in any other TV environment, but for whatever reason he was the right host for that show.

That other guy was fine, but basically a non-entity for me. That gal Chanel though, had the absolute worst laugh, and her mere presence just got annoying quickly. Rob could have easily handled hosting duties by himself just fine, it could have been a show like Tosh.0.

Are all these "models" really employed as "models" or are they just people with large Instagram followings who put the term "model" in their bio?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1498 on: May 25, 2024, 05:30:52 AM »
Isn't that what Impractical Jokers is?  I've never watched it because it looks annoying AF.

No.  Not even close.  Impractical Jokers is 4 guys getting each other to be in ridiculously hilarious made up situations with random strangers in the attempt to embarrass the fuck out of each other.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1499 on: May 25, 2024, 10:52:01 PM »
No.  Not even close.  Impractical Jokers is 4 guys getting each other to be in ridiculously hilarious made up situations with random strangers in the attempt to embarrass the fuck out of each other.

Those dudes crack me up!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: May 26, 2024, 04:38:19 AM »
Those dudes crack me up!

Have you seen the Australian version of it?  I think they did 1 season (8 episodes).  Some of the funniest shit I've seen.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1501 on: May 26, 2024, 03:50:02 PM »
Those dudes crack me up!

Have you seen the Australian version of it?  I think they did 1 season (8 episodes).  Some of the funniest shit I've seen.

Australian version? Obviously not the same dudes in Australia? I'm on that.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: May 26, 2024, 07:40:52 PM »
Those dudes crack me up!

There's an Australian version?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: May 26, 2024, 08:13:56 PM »
The Inspired and Unemployed Impractical Jokers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUmtx7w-ZeyWntA5770gKsTAPA4HES2c8

Seems two of the guys had a schtick in Aus under the Inspired and Unemployed moniker, then got themselves under the Impractical Jokers banner as well.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: May 26, 2024, 08:29:49 PM »
Eh, I'm a miserable sod, I probably don't follow that stuff because I just never find it all that funny.  :-\