Author Topic: 2012-08-19/20 - Luna Park - Buenos Aires, ARG (being filmed for DVD)  (Read 129089 times)

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2012-08-19/20 - Luna Park - Buenos Aires, ARG (being filmed for DVD)
« Reply #700 on: August 24, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
We didn't get Finally Free, as planned, at the end of our first set at our show because of the video screen problems.  Not sure what the deal was with that on that tour. ??? ???

Bologna lost the encore (A Change Of Seasons, once again) because Jordan's rig went down at the end of ITNOG, or so I have been told.

His rig went down during SOC, but then yes, ACOS was supposed to be the encore.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #701 on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »

I preferred the gigs before Black Clouds came out. I think they were up there alongside the Dramatic Turn tour and the 20th Anniversary Tour as some of the best setlists. I was at Leeds, and I think it's the best gig I've been to bar none:

1. In the Presence of Enemies pt. 1
2. Beyond This Life
3. Misunderstood
4. A Rite of Passage
5. Hollow Years (extended)
6. Caught in a Web
7. Forsaken
8. Erotomania /
9. Voices
10. Solitary Shell (extended)
11. Constant Motion
12. As I Am
Encore:
13. Metropolis Pt. 1 (extended) /
14. Learning to Live /
15. A Change of Seasons

How cool is that?! What a mix - what a balance! And I've still never been able to find a bootleg. Disappointing!

I was at that show too Rob, a great gig. I actually have a boot of it, but apparently it cannot be shared electronically seeing as it is a GDT bootleg.

https://www.gratefuldreams.com/releases/release-dt20090612.html

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #702 on: August 25, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
1. In the Presence of Enemies pt. 1
2. Beyond This Life
3. Misunderstood
4. A Rite of Passage
5. Hollow Years (extended)
6. Caught in a Web
7. Forsaken
8. Erotomania /
9. Voices
10. Solitary Shell (extended)
11. Constant Motion
12. As I Am
Encore:
13. Metropolis Pt. 1 (extended) /
14. Learning to Live /
15. A Change of Seasons

How cool is that?! What a mix - what a balance! And I've still never been able to find a bootleg. Disappointing!

Same setlist in the 2007 turkey concert. I almost smileed when i heard BTL and Voices...

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
I had a dream about one of these shows last night  :lol :blush

People at the show were posting updates on the setlist in this thread as well as somehow posting Youtube vids of some of the songs as they were happening  ;D 

Moon Bubbles, To Live Forever and In the Name of God were all played. Then for some reason towards the end of ITNOG the football (soccer) player Robin van Persie climbed onto the stage from the crowd and started singing along with James to the "whoaah ohhh ohhhh. whoaaah ohh ohhhh. whooahhh ohh ohh ohhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh" part  :rollin :huh:

:blush

I just looked up Moon Bubbles, now that would be cool on blu-ray...

:blush
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:44:56 PM by Cedar redaC »
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #704 on: August 30, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
What time is it all likely to kick off? Get the feeling it'll be fairly late, but I'll happily pick up a coffee or two and watch the songs roll out in realtime. I might even keep a playlist as I go. Start five minutes after Bridges in the Sky starts, and keep adding songs to it as they're reported from Argentina.

Not gonna lie, the internet's amazing, isn't it? This site alone - five thousand voices, all across the world, all shouting at once, and it can be beamed into my home on this wet little god-forsaken rock from arenas, coffee shops, ferries, you name it. And the Victorians thought they had it good! Barely 100 years later and here we are. Firing little robots up to crawl the surface of Mars. Would blow their minds. For all they say money's the root of all evil, the pursuit of it has done the world a lot of good. I know everyone goes on about how we're destroying planet earth with all our metropoles and conurbations and all these beautiful landscapes scarred by motorways, but I don't know, I think if we'd only take the time to properly look at what we've created, we might reevaluate our perception. Everyone's their own worst critic. Future generations are only gonna see all this as a different brand of beautiful. It's almost magical.

THE COUNT OF TUSCANY.

There you go, find all the nuggets in that. I need a fucking shower.

That was excellent!

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
Anyone realize yet that Panic Attack from CiM was recorded at Luna Park?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #706 on: August 31, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
Yeah.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: August 31, 2012, 04:09:12 AM »
Really? I need to see that. I was there!
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #708 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:41 AM »
What time is it all likely to kick off? Get the feeling it'll be fairly late, but I'll happily pick up a coffee or two and watch the songs roll out in realtime. I might even keep a playlist as I go. Start five minutes after Bridges in the Sky starts, and keep adding songs to it as they're reported from Argentina.

Not gonna lie, the internet's amazing, isn't it? This site alone - five thousand voices, all across the world, all shouting at once, and it can be beamed into my home on this wet little god-forsaken rock from arenas, coffee shops, ferries, you name it. And the Victorians thought they had it good! Barely 100 years later and here we are. Firing little robots up to crawl the surface of Mars. Would blow their minds. For all they say money's the root of all evil, the pursuit of it has done the world a lot of good. I know everyone goes on about how we're destroying planet earth with all our metropoles and conurbations and all these beautiful landscapes scarred by motorways, but I don't know, I think if we'd only take the time to properly look at what we've created, we might reevaluate our perception. Everyone's their own worst critic. Future generations are only gonna see all this as a different brand of beautiful. It's almost magical.

THE COUNT OF TUSCANY.

That was excellent!

You missed one. Also: what's the across the world one from? I thought it was one but I couldn't place it.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #709 on: August 31, 2012, 04:34:51 AM »

THE COUNT OF TUSCANY.

That was excellent!

You missed one. Also: what's the across the world one from? I thought it was one but I couldn't place it.

It's from the next album, silly ;)

and the wiiiind haaaaaas blooooooown / me halfway acrosso the world.... across the woooooooooooorld-uuuuuhh
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #710 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:55 AM »
DAMNIT.

I love To Live Forever.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #711 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
... So nobody has posted this yet?
Quote from: Over the Edge Productions
We just wrapped up a week in South America producing Dream Theater’s new concert DVD.  The shoots included two live concert recordings at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina and documentary footage in both Colombia and Argentina for the special features.  Dream Theater put on an incredible show both nights for the sold-out stadium.  Mike Leonard produced and directed the show under his company, Over the Edge Productions.  A special thanks to the OTE crew that came down with us: Chris Paul, Kelly Cook, Alan Clary, Godfrey Tabarez, Jordan Bross and Jackie Zampella.  Today marks the start of postproduction for the new concert DVD which will be released on BluRay and contain plenty of bonus features.
Footage in Colombia! YES!  :metal :caffeine:

Offline Mladen

« Reply #712 on: September 01, 2012, 07:23:52 AM »
Yaaaaaaay, documentary!  :corn

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #713 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
Yay!  :corn

When was that posted? I want to know what day post-production on the DVD started!
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #714 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »
if post-production has already started, how long do you think till the DVD? To me, Christmas could be a possibility.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:42 AM »
if post-production has already started, how long do you think till the DVD? To me, Christmas could be a possibility.

It's the most likely option, really, even from a commercial point of view. People are more likely to spend some money on less than essential things around that time of the year, you know  :lol
- Marco

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »

It's the most likely option, really, even from a commercial point of view. People are more likely to spend some money on less than essential things around that time of the year, you know  :lol
Are you implying that the Blu-ray is less than essential?  :rollin

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »

Are you implying that the Blu-ray is less than essential?  :rollin

Well, you won't die if you don' buy! (Actually, I would :emo: )
- Marco

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #718 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
Quite frankly, they shouldn't even produce DVDs anymore. BD is the only way to go. Lossless audio, 1080p, no brainer.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #719 on: September 02, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
Quite frankly, they shouldn't even produce DVDs anymore. BD is the only way to go. Lossless audio, 1080p, no brainer.

A lot of people still have DVD, definitely more than enough to warrant releasing it. They're just be needlessly cutting off a sizable portion of sales for no reason whatsoever.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #720 on: September 02, 2012, 02:07:37 AM »

A lot of people still have DVD, definitely more than enough to warrant releasing it. They're just be needlessly cutting off a sizable portion of sales for no reason whatsoever.

Yeah I don't have a TV let alone a big screen or blu ray player. I use my computer for everything. I'll use that to watch the DVD.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #721 on: September 02, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
I honestly have no idea how blu ray works, I'm still watching DVDs. But if they decide to release the concert on blu ray only, I'll get that special device for blu ray.  ;D

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #722 on: September 02, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
I honestly have no idea how blu ray works, I'm still watching DVDs. But if they decide to release the concert on blu ray only, I'll get that special device for blu ray.  ;D

Ah, my friend, blu ray is the way to go! Crystal clear audio and visual, all the way!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #723 on: September 02, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »
Just do something like Steven Wilson. Release a DVD and Blu-Ray package.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: September 02, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
Just do something like Steven Wilson. Release a DVD and Blu-Ray package.

No matter what it is, Dream Theater should NEVER imitate Steven Wilson! That man is a demonium!! Vade retro!
- Marco

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #725 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »
Until DVD has gone the way of cassette tapes and the like, it will continue to be produced. Blu ray is much better but is still not used by everyone.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #726 on: September 07, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Until DVD has gone the way of cassette tapes and the like, it will continue to be produced. Blu ray is much better but is still not used by everyone.

Yep. It's slowly getting there though. It's at the point where the release of both is pretty much necessary.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #727 on: September 07, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
I like bluray because it plays my scratched DVDs without a problem. It is transitioning to it slowly.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #728 on: September 07, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
I like bluray because it plays my scratched DVDs without a problem. It is transitioning to it slowly.
This.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #729 on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »
This.

I bought my Blu-Ray player two days ago for upcoming DT and SW Blu-Ray releases... I'm very much looking forward to it :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
This.

I bought my Blu-Ray player two days ago for upcoming DT and SW Blu-Ray releases... I'm very much looking forward to it :)

Now you gotta get live at budokan and en vivo by iron maiden on blue ray.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
This.

Actually I was thinking about buying Live At Budokan Blu-Ray as well but is it really worth it when I already have the DVD?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
This.

Actually I was thinking about buying Live At Budokan Blu-Ray as well but is it really worth it when I already have the DVD?

Depends. I have the DVD and bought the blue ray because I'll still watch the concert from time to time. If you don't watch it anymore then there's no point, but the blue ray is better.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #733 on: September 18, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
So, is it the concensus that James sounded great both nights? Or will the recording need a lot of touch-ups?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: September 18, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »
He sounded awesome.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants.