Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 96767 times)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: GTA V
« Reply #455 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:14 PM »
I like Michael the most. Being the "main" character out of the three, I also feel like he is the easiest one to sympathize with. He's an interesting character because he has everything you could ask for - a big mansion, a beautiful wife and two kids, yet everything isn't what it seems, and he's actually quite a miserable character. It's interesting to see, and I can't wait to get further into the game where we learn more about his past. 

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #456 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »
Man, Mike's wife and kids piss me off to no end. Bunch of spoiled assholes.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #457 on: September 20, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
he has everything you could ask for - a big mansion, a beautiful wife and two kids, yet everything isn't what it seems, and he's actually quite a miserable character

I really love this so much
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #458 on: September 20, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
So far, I have Michael and Franklin, I like both of their characters a lot. Franklin wants to do something with his life meaningful, which is pretty cool, and I also got to put a Kimbo Slice beard on him so now he looks beast. Michael, for as miserable as his family makes him is such an enjoyable character, and while he has a flair for dramatics, he actually seems like a really cool guy to get to know.

Loving this game so much.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #459 on: September 20, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
Just found out you can quicksave via the phone. Wish I'd known that during one of the LMC missions. That's a real gamechanger.

Franklin's pad in the Hollywood Hills is awesome. Best safehouse in the franchise, me thinks. Now that I've moved out of Aunt Denise's dump, I wish I could torch the place and her.

R* is fucking evil. Turns out that the BAWSAC is only active when connected to R*'s servers. If you don't keep your Xbox online all the time, you can't invest in the companies you effect. Ironic that they're so contemptuous about Lifeinvader being evil, yet R* is now the apex predator of information hoarders.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #460 on: September 20, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
So, I'll be playing, and my game will just cut off, go back to the start screen, and says my storage device messed up, and sends me back to my last save point which is always a bit back because I suck at saving, but it doesn't do this for any other game I play or have ever played. Am I fucked? I guess it could just be my xbox getting too hot, so I guess I'll have to take a break heh.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:19:55 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #461 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »
Just found out you can quicksave via the phone. Wish I'd known that during one of the LMC missions. That's a real gamechanger.

Franklin's pad in the Hollywood Hills is awesome. Best safehouse in the franchise, me thinks. Now that I've moved out of Aunt Denise's dump, I wish I could torch the place and her.

R* is fucking evil. Turns out that the BAWSAC is only active when connected to R*'s servers. If you don't keep your Xbox online all the time, you can't invest in the companies you effect. Ironic that they're so contemptuous about Lifeinvader being evil, yet R* is now the apex predator of information hoarders.
You can still invest in and affect the LCN stocks. Lester will send you tips. Generally his missions will affect competitors. BAWSAQ is global and is affected by the entire online community.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
I really hope this game is optimized for the PC... and that the minor gripes and glitches a few of you have spoken about are addressed. It better be worth the wait, cause I sure as shit am not buying another console. Every time I have in the past five or so years has resulted in a dusty fucking box. No one likes a dusty box. NO ONE.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #463 on: September 21, 2013, 12:39:33 AM »
Hey TioJorge, what's something you've said to a girl, but never had the opportunity to do?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:04:03 AM by MetalJunkie »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #464 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:13 AM »
I WILL EAT YOUR PUSSY.

RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #465 on: September 21, 2013, 01:04:19 AM »
Ouch.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #466 on: September 21, 2013, 01:06:59 AM »
 :rollin :rollin Oh you sly motherfucker.

HE EDITED IT GUYS, HE'S TRYING TO BE A NINJA BUT HE'S NOT AND NOW HE'S PROBABLY GONNA EDIT THAT LAST POST TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THIS OTHER POST IS IN RESPONSE TO SOMETHING HE SAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHAOPESIRUSDLKVAMD;OFIBUHASD;GNAS;LDJASOIURFALSFJFLDKDKA

Damn yous....DAMN YOU TO HEAVEN!

RIP DTP.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #467 on: September 21, 2013, 01:12:18 AM »

You can still invest in and affect the LCN stocks. Lester will send you tips. Generally his missions will affect competitors. BAWSAQ is global and is affected by the entire online community.
Not Beta Pharmaceuticals. That was only on the Bawsaq. Whoever the Life Invader competetitor was didn't seem to be on the LCN either. Regardless, I made a nice profit off of the cigarette company.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #468 on: September 21, 2013, 06:52:14 AM »
Anybody thinkin about doing a DTF clan for when online is up?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #469 on: September 21, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »
So last night I played long enough to buy some stocks, do a few assassinations, sell those stocks, steal a submarine for a story and deliver it... and then the power went out for half a fucking second. I hadn't saved yet.

I was even more worried that the game was in the process of saving and I would have a corrupted file, making me start from scratch. Thankfully I only lost about half an hour's worth of work.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #470 on: September 21, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »
Anybody thinkin about doing a DTF clan for when online is up?
that would be radular, so down for that

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #471 on: September 21, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
I'm not that far into the game but if someone does end up kidnapping Michael's entire family I would not give one shit.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #472 on: September 21, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »
It's a great game so far. Gonna try and get the story over with, then go back and do all the side objectives.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #473 on: September 21, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »
I haven't commented in this thread in a while, but I bought the game on Midnight Tuesday and I literally am watching the credits roll at the end of the game.

I won't give up any spoilers but GTA V is the most fun game I have possibly ever played. Now that I am done with the main missions I can go back and do all the fun stuff everyone else has been doing.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: September 21, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »
Just played this in my brother's house. This is so much win!!!! I'm not wondering the 5/5 reviews.. ;)

I haven't played Playstation in about 7 years but now I think I have to buy my own again.  :tup
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #475 on: September 21, 2013, 03:00:47 PM »
After playing as Trevor for a little bit I kinda wish the game had started in the desert and then moved into the city.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #476 on: September 21, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Man, Mike's wife and kids piss me off to no end. Bunch of spoiled assholes.  :lol

Same here! Yet they are so typical LS.  :lol

After playing as Trevor for a little bit I kinda wish the game had started in the desert and then moved into the city.

Some of Trevor's early missions are so intense and fun!!!! Only 22% into the game now, and some of the missions are definitely THE BEST in the series thus far!!! This game ROCKS!!!
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2013, 05:10:56 AM »
I'm loving the cone of vision on the police. It makes it so much easier to escape. I find it's actually easier to just get on foot and hide in someone's pool, rather than drive down the freeway at 100mph.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2013, 06:15:36 AM »
I'm staying away from the mountains at nighttime.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #479 on: September 22, 2013, 06:52:32 AM »
See if you can pay her for sex!!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
A ghostly lap dance

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2013, 08:47:29 AM »
It's the ghost of CJ's mother.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »
How do I invest in the market?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
I think you have to be on a computer?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
I'm 21% into the game. The second big heist is coming. Really loving the game so far.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
Me too. It's really fun. I'm about 39%. Gonna play more in a few :metal

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
I think you have to be on a computer?

Where?

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2013, 03:27:42 PM »
IIRC, I was in Jimmy's room. I was just exploring the house and got on his computer and think I got on it there. I'm not sure where else, or if you can do it from your phone.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2013, 04:47:48 PM »
You can invest from the phone. Don't think I've actually used a real computer once. Go to the LCS website. BAWSAQ is hit or miss, and it seems to be down more often than not.

Personally, I've really sucked at investing, although part of that is the interface being pretty crappy. The graphs in particular are awful, and don't update very well. It also appears that the LCS stocks are fairly scripted. The evidence suggests that influencing a company's competition doesn't actually effect stocks, unless it's part of a story mission. You can blow up all of the Post-Op trucks you want, and it won't effect Go-Postal. There does appear to be evidence listening to a station you invest in has a positive effect, and the more claims you can cause for the insurance company the more money they'll make (I guess they're crappy and don't ever pay out on them).

Also, most of the stocks you pump and dump will rebound. Once you cause a company's crash, buy it back when they bottom out if you're interested in a long-haul investment.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
I invested in amunation because I figured id be buying lots of guns and ammo as the game goes on.