Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 96773 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: GTA V
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
It's amazing how the map is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption combined

That blows my mind. Maybe it's because you were limited to foot travel and horseback, but RDR seemed fucking massive.

damn, that really is insanely large.  I thought SA had the biggest map of the Rockstar games. RDR seemed huge but there was a lot of open space and not a fast way to travel the land.

Offline Deve

« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
Speaking of the large map, Here's a great interview with Rockstar about a bunch of stuff in GTA V. Among the things talked about is the map:

"I want to stress that not only is this world huge but it’s absolutely handcrafted. Every little bit of this world has had a large number of extremely talented artists pore over it. There’s always something to discover, something weird or interesting to see or interact with. It’s absolutely not a massive, empty world. We’ve considered the placement of every tree. We’ve simply not copied buildings around the map or procedurally generated the terrain to pad it out. It’s all handcrafted, all unique, and we’ve gone over it all again and again and again to make sure there’s enough layering of detail that I don’t think many people will ever see everything we’ve put into the world. That in itself, though, means that most people will have different experiences."

It's very exciting to me that even though the map is so huge, there won't be big, empty locations with copy pasted textures and objects like in San Andreas or Just Cause 2. I just pre-ordered the other day, getting more and more excited for the release. I'm sure tomorrow's online news will make it all the more unbearable waiting for September 17th to get here  :biggrin:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »
Usually all GTAs are like that, which is why I always find all the pigeons (or whatever the hidden objects are) because they are often in the places that have something different and interesting about them that you wouldn't of noticed before.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
Usually all GTAs are like that, which is why I always find all the pigeons (or whatever the hidden objects are) because they are often in the places that have something different and interesting about them that you wouldn't of noticed before.

The beating heart one in IV was awesome.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »
I'm really glad to hear that. I really do love large maps in open world games, but only if the whole map is interesting, like in Saints Row 2. My main problem with RDR's map is while it was beautiful-looking, there was a whole lot of nothing going on in the desert and SR3's Steelport for being pretty samey all throughout the town.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
I wonder how this compares to Skyrim's map size..

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Just a little more than a month left! :caffeine:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2013, 07:11:59 AM »
I'm getting so gitty for Online. I won't be able to watch it until after work though. Stupid network filter  :censored
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:09:04 AM by Chino »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
20mins left....

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:52 AM »
Can someone take screen caps and host a few of them on here? Pleasseeeeee

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
Sure, i'll do what I can.  :)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
It's live: https://www.rockstargames.com/V/GTAOnline

Highlights:

*Living online world (Free mode)
*Content creater (you can build your own races and deathmatches and post them online)
*All the classic online modes
*Earn money through heists and jobs
*Buy garage and fill with cars, customize your character in many ways

I have to let this sink in....

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »
So is it more or less the same as playing single player... only connected to the internet and with different types of missions.... That's. Fucking. Awesome. I've waited so long for this.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »
So is it more or less the same as playing single player... only connected to the internet and with different types of missions.... That's. Fucking. Awesome. I've waited so long for this.
Not entirely unfortunately, it comes with limits though but here's info from the site:

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

CVG has alot more info:
https://www.computerandvideogames.com/424264/gta-online-first-look-rockstars-persistent-online-world-is-its-most-ambitious-project-in-years/

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:26 AM »
Oh wells, that's still kind of cool.  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
Oh wells, that's still kind of cool.  :metal
Absolutely, there are a ton of more info but I leave it to these guys to hype it up more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYIO-mkz10

They have seen GTA Online at Rockstar North in Scottland so they have lots of interesting things to say.

Highlights from the video:

*Living online world (Free mode)
*Content creater (you can build your own races and deathmatches and post them online)
*All the classic online modes
*Earn money through heists and jobs
*Buy garage and fill with cars, customize your character in many ways
*Your in game AI will react to your voice when talking through a mic
*There will be unique characters/missions only on MP that are not in SP
*Characters from GTA V's single player will appear but will not be playable. (Not sure if this means the 3 main guys or side characters only or both)
*GTA Online is set before the events from the single player story

*"Everything you can do in GTA V, you can do in GTA Online."
*Heists, Coop Missions, Gang Attacks, Death Matches, Races, Sports activites (golf, tennis, shooting range)
*"Ambient Events" (holdups of delivery stores, armored van robberies, crate drops)
*Import/Export vehicle missions are in
*You can set a bounty on another player for another player to claim
*Carrying cash around is dangerous because other people can kill you and take a portion of it from your dead body. You must deposit the cash into banks now to keep it safe.
*You can invest into the stock market in GTA Online too
*You can buy property in GTA Online
*Betting on an outcome of competitive matches
*Customize weapons, appearance, vehicles
*Ability to create content and missions from basic tools that will eventually "grow and grow"

*When you talk through your headset, your in game character will move his lips to simulate talking as well
*You can FINALLY hear what the other player is listening to on the radio when you're in the same car.
*Removing a mask after robbing or performing a crime will get rid of your wanted level
*You can shout into your headset when you're robbing a shopkeeper to which the in game a.i of the shopkeeper will respond to the urgency of your shouting. (More aggressive you are, more scared the NPC will be and fill the bag with money quicker)
*The leader of the crew (the guy who did the hold up) can decide to split the cash between him and his crew members unevenly or fair
*You can set your "mood" when at the beginning of GTA Online to let other players know how you feel (think facebook)
*You can buy better cribs
*Good cribs have their own private garages from 2 car size to 10 car size
*Convertibles can have their tops pulled down or up
*"RP Points" are mentioned in the video. Exp points most likely
*If you create a mission, a blue dome called a "Corona" appears with your name, score, ranking (how many people liked it)
'There's an ability to sort through missions
*You can share your weapons, ammo, cash
*Ability to stealth-kill (crouching behind enemies with one hit kills)

*There are taunt animations. Flipping someone off was mentioned as one
*"The Feed" is GTA Online's version of social networking (emails, texts etc.)
*You can "insure" your car to replace it in case it gets blown up, stolen, etc.
*If you leave your car on a street and head to the other side of the city, your car will still be there. It will not disappear unless it gets stolen or destroyed
*Banks allows for 3 options "Pause, Withdraw, Transaction Log"
*When you're in your crib, people can buzz your door for permission to come in. You can look through a CCTV camera to see who's buzzing and choose whether to let that person in or not.
*Weasel News is on your cribs' TV. You can watch other people with certain wanted levels being chased by police.
*TV Shows are back and watch-able on your TV.
*Heists have "20 different components". One example is robbing a "Titan" airplane.
*Some of the Jets can carry up to 10 people
*There is an "ambient" soundtrack that plays during special moments . The example in the video was when they successfully took off with the Titan plane and a soundtrack played.
*On the far West coast, it looks like there might be a small town that isn't part of Los Santos. In the video, they suggest it might be an industrial complex or small town.

And all this is on current gen consoles....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:56:04 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
 :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »
Okay, mark me officially boned up for this game. This looks fucking radtacular.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
That trailer just hugified my wang.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

YESS!!!

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
Has anyone here checked out the achievement list?

SPOILERS:
https://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/grand-theft-auto-v/achievements/

One of the icons has the outline of the map. It's amazing how accurate it is to the one made up by the guys at GTAForums.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2013, 05:23:43 AM »
I am disapoint to see this thread languishing on page 2 since we are weeks away from what I believe will be the most astonishing thing to happen to gaming yet.

I was playing GTA IV online last night and it was fun. But I realised I was only playing it cos I wished I was playing GTA V already.

I've just got my very own place and I'm living on my own for the first time ever.......I cannot wait for this game to be released 'cos at that point I won't have any need for human interaction or feelings of any sort. I can live like a virtual psycopath and not feel guilt  :P (irony is that if I was a psycopath I wouldn't really feel guilt anyway. I feel guilty about looking forward to playing a game that allows me to be a remorseless psychopath. I get bogged down in pop psychology).
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2013, 05:48:52 AM »
I hated GTA IV online. The fact that everyone shows up on the radar completely ruins it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »
I loved the free mode in GTA IV. Total chaos and mayhem when you joined a full server. Good times!  :metal

Can't wait for GTA 5 and GTA Online although a bit unsure if I should dust off my old 360 or wait for the PC to be announced.  :-\

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2013, 06:09:34 AM »
It's still quite often full. I think that has something to do with people killing time for the new release.

I'm not computer game design expert at all..........but some people have figured out how to manipulate the environment on the multi player modes. Like building huge ramps at the airport with spinning helicopter roter blades that catapult you in to the ocean.

To be honest though it can get a bit monotonous.

I'm plumping for the 360 version as always. I like to kick back on my settee and just blow crap up. It's very cathartic.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »
It's still quite often full. I think that has something to do with people killing time for the new release.

I'm not computer game design expert at all..........but some people have figured out how to manipulate the environment on the multi player modes. Like building huge ramps at the airport with spinning helicopter roter blades that catapult you in to the ocean.

To be honest though it can get a bit monotonous.

I'm plumping for the 360 version as always. I like to kick back on my settee and just blow crap up. It's very cathartic.
Yea that's "the simple trainer" tool. It's alot of fun to use, it let's you spawn in whatever you want like cars, helis, buildings, mods....you name it. You can do whatever you want with the game.

https://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392973

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
Yea but I'm talking Xbox. I see how it can be done on a PC. But I don't really understand how games on a 360 could be cracked like that.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »
Yea but I'm talking Xbox. I see how it can be done on a PC. But I don't really understand how games on a 360 could be cracked like that.
Oh, that I know nothing about.  :-\

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2013, 09:48:09 AM »
Yea it was a bit of a noodle scratcher for me when I saw it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2013, 10:03:53 AM »
Yea it was a bit of a noodle scratcher for me when I saw it.
Apparently you can't run Windows on 360 because it's built on x86 cpu and 360 uses Power PC. You could use Linux though but to be honest it's to techy for me to follow all the steps. So still, I have...

or you can just go here which I just found out: https://www.xboxmb.com/horizon/
 :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »
alright so apparently the ending has been leaked, so watch out for spoilers
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2013, 06:45:01 AM »
"The Official Trailer for Grand Theft Auto V will debut here at the Rockstar Newswire and on the GTAV site this Thursday, August 29th. Details on exact timing forthcoming..."

Because they are naming this the official trailer i'm a bit curious if something has change or it's just to hype the game up until the release. Or maybe it's just because it's including both single and multi gameplay. We'll see I guess....

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:20 AM »
If they really wanted me to buy the game, they should just forget the trailer and just release the game tomorrow instead.  ;D