Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 96757 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: GTA V
« Reply #560 on: September 30, 2013, 03:27:42 PM »
Also, don't forget to go to socialclub.rockstar.com and link your Rockstar profile to your XBL name.
link doesn't work for me?
Whoopsie.

socialclub.rockstargames.com

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #561 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Also, don't forget to go to socialclub.rockstar.com and link your Rockstar profile to your XBL name.
link doesn't work for me?
Whoopsie.

socialclub.rockstargames.com
thank you  :tup

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #562 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
Anyone playing on PS3???

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #563 on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
I just finished the mission where Franklin follows the guys into the woods with Chop. They swerve off the road and you need to find them with the thermal cam. I shit you not, I saw big foot. I'm being completely serious. I zoomed all the way in thinking it was a human, and it was fucking Bigfoot.

Just googled this, and apparently it's already all over the net. I thought I was special :(

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #564 on: September 30, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
All set up.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
Fucking first person shooting controls. Makes me wish I could just switch to a mouse for those. Aiming with an analog stick has always been finnicky for me.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #566 on: October 01, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
Okay, so on a forum, I found a post from a dude claiming to have seen about 30 minutes of gameplay, working for a playstation magazine or whatever.
This post has some REALLY juicy stuff in it, and seeing as it might be BS or regarded as huge spoilers, I will post this in a very small font.
I don't expect anyone to believe all of it, but I do think it's very interesting, and hopefully a lot of it will be true.
I suggest copy + paste into Notepad or something. :)
So yeah, be fairly open minded for this, as I mentioned it might not be 100% correct or anything like that, but take it for what it is, and hopefully you'll find it interesting as well.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge. Ok, here goes:

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

the vast majority of these turned out to be true. cool

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #567 on: October 01, 2013, 01:23:34 PM »
Jumped into the Online, camera freaked out, and then for the next 10 minutes it tried to find me a car race to no avail and I couldn't leave this race that I had no choice in. I think I'll wait awhile for them to kink out the immediate problems and then give it a go.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #568 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
Jumped into the Online, camera freaked out, and then for the next 10 minutes it tried to find me a car race to no avail and I couldn't leave this race that I had no choice in. I think I'll wait awhile for them to kink out the immediate problems and then give it a go.

Mine kept freezing on character creation. I gave up after three attempts.

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: October 01, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »
Anyone playing on PS3???

:yarr

FieryWinds (PSN)

I'll post a screenshot later of my custom license plate.  :hat

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
Did some work to Trevor's truck based on Barto's recommendation. I upgraded everything to the max. This thing is a beast.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »
Did some work to Trevor's truck based on Barto's recommendation. I upgraded everything to the max. This thing is a beast.

I'm a big fan, but I really wish you could buy one of those new. The lack of windows makes it a severe liability when people are shooting at you.

And try sooping up a BF Injection. Talk about offroad antics.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #572 on: October 01, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »

And try sooping up a BF Injection. Talk about offroad antics.  :lol

Way ahead of you  :rollin That whip is sooooo much fun.

I also can't get the lights on Trevor's new brush guard to turn on :(

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #573 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »
They don't come on. I tried that and switched back to a more protective bumper.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #574 on: October 01, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »
But it looks so cool  :'(

I think it'd be great if you could do camo paint jobs.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #575 on: October 02, 2013, 05:17:40 AM »
Now that I finally made some money completing the bank robbery I can begin doing some customization.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »
Now that I finally made some money completing the bank robbery I can begin doing some customization.
Only customize each character's main car. They always come back to you, whereas stolen cars are a PITA to keep track of. Once money stops being a concern, you can buy garages and stash really cars in them, but your safehouse garages aren't good for this.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #577 on: October 02, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »
I've found Franklin's Vinewoods house is the only safehouse garage that doesn't send your cars to Narnia, Trevor's out in the boondocks will randomly send them to Narnia, and return them every once and awhile.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #578 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
I store all my cars in the the garages I have around the city for each character. It would be so much more convenient if if you could all just share a central parking garage or something.

Here's my newest creation. It's the completely electric vehicle. It's top speed lacks, but that's made up for with its acceleration and insane handling abilities. It also stops on a dime.

Sidebar:

Hi! Billy Mays here!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #579 on: October 02, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
I've found Franklin's Vinewoods house is the only safehouse garage that doesn't send your cars to Narnia, Trevor's out in the boondocks will randomly send them to Narnia, and return them every once and awhile.
My Adder disappeared out of there for a while, and then magically returned at some random point in the future. As for Trevor's boondocks garage, the one time I parked my truck in there I returned to find it present but blown up.
E.F. Benson

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #580 on: October 05, 2013, 02:38:35 AM »
Online worked perfect for me tonight after the second update. Gonna look into starting the crew now.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

Mine's broken. I pimped out a hood car for Franklin to cruise around in and I haven't seen it since I parked it in the garage.

This should've been the first song for the end credits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrLylxFGUk
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:36:48 PM by orcus116 »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »
The selfie feature is really a simply genious small touch that makes me love the game...

NWS?

Offline Octawakeimages

« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »
LMAO^ :omg:

Did anyone set up a Dream Theater forum crew for the 360?  Just beat the game the other day,  definitely one of the best stories out of the whole series IMO.   The missions were the most fun too!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #584 on: October 08, 2013, 06:02:16 AM »
 :huh:so I finally got around to online this morning. I'm really not all that impressed.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #585 on: October 08, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
:huh:so I finally got around to online this morning. I'm really not all that impressed.
Couldn't make a blue avatar? :P

I had a blast. I'm just waiting for them to iron out all the issues with lost characters and items.

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: October 08, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »
I played online with my brother for a bit, and while it has its moments, I find myself going back to SP because I hate being stuck in loading menus half the time.  :tdwn

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #587 on: October 08, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
Death matches are awful. I can't stand how everyone is on the radar.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #588 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
I already reverted back to Skyrim. One hundred percent has never held much appeal to me, so just mucking around doing triathlons and rampages just doesn't sound like much fun. Honestly, as cool as the game was, it was far too short. Should have implemented heist jobs for after the story ends. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #589 on: October 08, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
I already reverted back to Skyrim. One hundred percent has never held much appeal to me, so just mucking around doing triathlons and rampages just doesn't sound like much fun. Honestly, as cool as the game was, it was far too short. Should have implemented heist jobs for after the story ends.

I would have rather seen that than online.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #590 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
I'm very much looking forward to doing online heists with friends.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #591 on: October 08, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »

With no heists how the hell am I supposed to save up $150MM to drop on the golf course? Wait for properties to make money and mess with the stock market?

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
Yeah, when I saw how expensive that was and how much money Mike had at the end of the game, I was wondering how the hell I was ever going to afford that. XD

Beat it yesterday. God, the third option is such a satisfying final mission.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #593 on: October 08, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
I felt like the story was too short... but I think it's just me. There weren't enough heists (like I thought there would be) I'm working towards 100% which seems easier than other GTAs
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »
Yeah, when you kind of go through the sequence of events in your mind (or the mission list on the GTA wiki  :lol ), the plot did seem kind of on the short side. I would have fleshed out the characters' side stories a bit longer (Franklin and Stretch/Families vs. Ballas, Trevor and theLost MC, Triads and O'Neils, etc.) and more heists that the crew did for themselves rather than for Steve Haines.