Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man.  (Read 30693 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man.
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »
They could always Lucas it in for the DVD.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »
They could always Lucas it in for the DVD.

I am now imagining The Avengers with Jar Jar Binx placed over Loki for the entire film. Doesn't do anything differently or speak differently, just is Jar Jar.

Imagine it. Yea, you're there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
Hulk smashing the shit out of Jar Jar? Count me in.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
Any discussion on any film must eventually degrade into an opportunity to bitch about Star Wars.   :yeahright

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
I'm kind of indifferent about SW these days, but come on, dude, it's Jar Jar Binks. The worst character in any movie ever.

Online Adami

« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »
Any discussion on any film must eventually degrade into an opportunity to bitch about Star Wars.   :yeahright

I didn't mention Star Wars, I mentioned Jar Jar. It's okay to make fun of Jar Jar.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »
The net value of Jar Jar has been positive - I'm not happy about his role in Star Wars, but all the hilarity of making of fun of him damn well makes up for it.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2012, 01:21:19 AM »
Also forgot to mention, 2nd best Stan Lee cameo after his one in Thor.

Honestly, I was super let down with his cameo in The Avengers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2012, 02:09:04 AM »
The one in Avengers was when he spoke on the news right?
Yeah I really enjoyed the cameo in this one. I can't seem to remember what he did in Thor though.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2012, 02:43:52 AM »
The shadowy figure at the end is not Norman Osborn:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/11/amazing-spider-man-will-there-be-an-after-credits-end-scene

Scroll to the bottom for 'not-Norman-info'.

The one in Avengers was when he spoke on the news right?
Yeah I really enjoyed the cameo in this one. I can't seem to remember what he did in Thor though.
He drove the truck tied to Mjolnir that broke when he tried to move it. Then he said "did it work?" or something and everybody laughed.

(aside from the awkward ill-placed score)
What? James Horner's score was great. Really atmospheric and emotional.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2012, 02:56:41 AM »
Oh yeah.  :lol

If it's not Norman then I'm pretty happy about it. Who would you think it is?
Electro would be possible since he has worked for badguys before and is capable of "running" a gang, Mysterio would also work, but from what I recall he isn't the same type of villain, didn't he have is own vendetta against Spider-Man?
There has also been speculations about Vulture, Scorpion and Chameleon, but I don't see how any of them would be able to just appear and disappear.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2012, 03:54:27 AM »
I'm not very familiar with the comics so I actually have no idea.. I just hope it's something as "cool" and creepy as it was made out to be in that scene.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2012, 05:54:25 AM »
I'd love a movie with either Electro, Mysterio or Vulture as the villain. But I'm not sure what the studio/Marc Webb himself would like to do.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2012, 06:22:52 AM »
After reading page 7 my question is this. What is this thread about? I was wondering what people thought of Spidey.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2012, 06:39:03 AM »
I thought it was great. My favorite Spider-Man movie so far. A couple of minor things that could have been better, but I feel like it's a much better representation of the comics that I grew up with. I agree with Adami though that the older movies might be closer to the older comics. (at least the Peter Parker-character)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
Saw it last night. Better than I expected, but doesn't touch the first two Spiderman films.

3 fucking sucked.

Online Adami

« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
And the sequel is being written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.

Prepare for a horrible story with tons of action and horrible dialogue. Damnit!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
Wait...I think I already saw the sequel. I might have a time machine in my brain.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
Saw a second time today with some other people. Score is amazing, just amazing really. Certainly better than the previous movies.

Also realized much material from the trailers were cut.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
Entertaining movie for sure, although some things really annoyed me. For example, the scene where he chucks the football and breaks the goalpost.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
Also realized much material from the trailers were cut.
Yeah, what's up with that? Many of the audio bytes from the trailers weren't used at all.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline masterthes

« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
Was a pretty good movie, but while J thought Garfield made a better Spidey than Tobey the first two SM films were better

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
I didn't think much of the score when I saw it, but I've been remembering parts here and there being played in my head through all of the day. I think it was kinda subtle. I didn't notice how great it was, but now I want to hear it again.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Someone did some research and figured that the entire subplot about Peter's transformation not being an accident was cut out, likely to be saved for a sequel:

https://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/was-the-untold-story-cut-from-the-amazing-spider-man/

Offline Ħ

« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2012, 08:12:08 PM »
Very interesting article. Thanks mate!

Online Adami

« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2012, 08:13:39 PM »
I really don't mind them changing the origins story as long as they make it good. Every super hero has been rebooted to one degree or another in the comics, no reason to make it 100% pure in the film. And I like the idea of Parker being designed in some way by his father, seems interesting.

However I have VERY low expectations for the sequel.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
So I decided to watch the 2002 Spiderman.

Still not fond of Toby as Spiderman, but he's a good Peter Parker of the 60's.

Also, I just noticed that Elizabeth Banks is in this movie. I love watching movies I haven't seen in years and finding people I am more familiar with.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:08 AM »
I saw it yesterday. I thought it was great. It was every bit as good as the original, for me. The 3D IMax experience was awesome.
Also, I thought the Stan Lee cameo in this one was hysterical.
Very pleased with the movie. Looking forward to the next one.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2012, 07:52:10 AM »
Just came home from seeing it, thought it was awesome. Definitely my favorite Spider-Man movie so far, it had a few minor issues, but nothing that bothered me as much as the issues in the Raimi-movies.
Really looking forward to a sequel.

Regarding the ending; I believe that was Norman Osborn right? But it doesn't seem to make much sense, Electro would be more right (because of the thunder) and while we didn't get to see or hear what happened with Norman, we could assume that he was given the serum, but what effect did it have on him?
I would really want a new villain for the sequel, doing Green Goblin again would feel kinda lame. He's a great villain and all, and it would fit with having Gwen Stacy, but there are so many Spidey-villains, and to use Green Goblin again? As I've said earlier, I would love Electro as the main villain, draining Times Square of electricity and using his powers to terrorize.
Personally, I would love to see the Goblin again. I believe they can do even better this time. Much like Heath Ledger was a far better Joker than Jack was.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »
Yeah I agree. If they did Goblin again, I would love a suit closer to the original though, instead of the sort of plated armor, something more tailored. With the purple thrown into the green mix.
However, a movie with Electro, Vulture or Mysterio for example would be more exciting because they could do things they haven't before. Plus, they've already had the Goblin once, so if they do it again it's a lot of pressure to make it good, otherwise people will see it as the "worse Goblin movie", but being a Spider-Man movie I think pressure always comes with it.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
Yeah, I think all things considered they should do someone other than the Goblin.  Maybe the Shocker!  Complete with dirty jokes about his name.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »
Yeah I agree. If they did Goblin again, I would love a suit closer to the original though, instead of the sort of plated armor, something more tailored. With the purple thrown into the green mix.
For once I agree with you.

But the others? Maybe Shocker and Electro could be done, but Vulture (skinny old bald guy) and Mysterio (guy that wears a fishtank helmet) are way too corny.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:18 PM »
I really don't mind them changing the origins story as long as they make it good. Every super hero has been rebooted to one degree or another in the comics, no reason to make it 100% pure in the film. And I like the idea of Parker being designed in some way by his father, seems interesting.

However I have VERY low expectations for the sequel.

I agree, however, that would make it like the 2003 Hulk film.

So I decided to watch the 2002 Spiderman.

Still not fond of Toby as Spiderman, but he's a good Peter Parker of the 60's.

Also, I just noticed that Elizabeth Banks is in this movie. I love watching movies I haven't seen in years and finding people I am more familiar with.

Yep, she's in all 3.

Online Adami

« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
Oh also, it's been confirmed that the sequel will have 2, count it 2 main villains.

Their names are Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. And they will succeed in destroying Spiderman the same way they took out the entire crew of the Enterprise and the entire alien race of Transformers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2012, 03:40:54 AM »
For once I agree with you.

But the others? Maybe Shocker and Electro could be done, but Vulture (skinny old bald guy) and Mysterio (guy that wears a fishtank helmet) are way too corny.

Well, many of the characters has different looks in different comics. Vulture has a younger look in the animated series where he steals the youth/life of people which makes him younger, but I agree that an old bald man flying around could look very silly.  :lol

Shocker is cool, but to me he is a slightly lesser villain than most others mentioned. He's a cool guy, but he's also quite normal in the sense that apart from his shocking-gloves, there's not much more to it. He's often used as a henchman by bigger villains, if you take Electro on the other hand, he's often more an upper-level villain that is the leader for something, and he has "real" powers.
Personally I think Electro could be really awesome to see, and he also has several looks that they could choose from.

Classic:

Ultimate: