Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man.  (Read 30538 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Amazing Emo, er... Spider-Man.
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
What would be cool, had marvel made this movie, is that they show Peter's parents being killed by Red Skull just for crossover's sake. Sure it probably wouldn't flow or work for that matter, but I want my Spider-man crossover damnit!

What? No.

That would be a terrible cross over. You could have him get offered an internship at stark enterprises or something. Granted, it's on the other half of the country....but it's better than Red Skull killing his parents.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »
But that's what happens.

Online Adami

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »
But that's what happens.

Reality is dumb.

Plus it was a different Red Skull.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
So is your face. I wasn't totally serious anyway. Like I said, it wouldn't work. This movie might not work either.

Online Adami

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
So is your face. I wasn't totally serious anyway. Like I said, it wouldn't work. This movie might not work either.

A good cross over would be spidey swinging from like 90 stories up, then wolverine cutting the web with his claws. Spiderman falls to his death, movie's over 28 minutes into it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »
This is not really related to Spider-Man, but I don't get how some cross-overs work...
Doesn't Captain America take place during the second world war?
That's what I took from the trailer, and Iron-Man takes place at modern time, so how can they both be in Avengers?
Maybe a newbie-question, but I honestly don't know the answer to the question. :P

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »

A good cross over would be spidey swinging from like 90 stories up, then wolverine cutting the web with his claws. Spiderman falls to his death, movie's over 28 minutes into it.

Now that's what I'd call getting caught in a web!

Wolverine sure does have quite the killing hand.  :neverusethis:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:53:02 PM by MasterShakezula »

Online Adami

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
This is not really related to Spider-Man, but I don't get how some cross-overs work...
Doesn't Captain America take place during the second world war?
That's what I took from the trailer, and Iron-Man takes place at modern time, so how can they both be in Avengers?
Maybe a newbie-question, but I honestly don't know the answer to the question. :P

Captain America gets caught in a big thing of arctic ice and then gets unfrozen in the modern era.

Of course they could do it a different way, but the point is he basically skips everything from WWII to now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »
Ah, then it makes sense.
Sure it sounds rather lame, but at least it makes sense.  :lol

However, if I'm not mistaken, I think I heard Stark's name being mentioned in the trailer, is that Tony Stark's dad or something then?
Seeing as it's after all - during ww2.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
Yeah, Tony Stark's dad is in Captain America, and Adami's explanation of why Captain America is in the modern era is what happens in the comics. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »
Oh okay then. :)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
But that's what happens.

Reality is dumb.

I didn't know there were multiple Red Skulls, although it kinda makes sense with the timeline. I got my info from the back of a trading card, and it just stuck with me all this time, so I'm not the most knowledgeable of Marvel.

Still, Even if they just made references in the movie, it would be better than pretending the other super heroes didn't exist.

Online Adami

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »
Yeah, Tony Stark's dad is in Captain America, and Adami's explanation of why Captain America is in the modern era is what happens in the comics. 

It's also what happened in The Incredible Hulk. So I think that's how they'll do it in the movies. But I hope not....

But that's what happens.

Reality is dumb.

I didn't know there were multiple Red Skulls, although it kinda makes sense with the timeline. I got my info from the back of a trading card, and it just stuck with me all this time, so I'm not the most knowledgeable of Marvel.

Still, Even if they just made references in the movie, it would be better than pretending the other super heroes didn't exist.

I agree with the last part. But yea there were 3 red skulls, the Hugo is playing the 2nd, while the 3rd is who killed Parker's parents.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
Cool cool. Also, It put a big smile on my face when in Thor, after that big metal fire breathing thing comes to earth, on of the military guys asks, "Is that one of Stark's".

I love shit like that.

Online Adami

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »
Cool cool. Also, It put a big smile on my face when in Thor, after that big metal fire breathing thing comes to earth, on of the military guys asks, "Is that one of Stark's".

I love shit like that.

As do I, in fact I kind of wish Nick Fury wasn't always the guy transitioning between the movies.

Although Downey's cameo in the hulk was very cool.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline adameastment

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
Isn't Spider-Man meant to be in the Avengers or something? Since the Avengers are made up of Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
Isn't Spider-Man meant to be in the Avengers or something? Since the Avengers are made up of Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk?

There's like 20 different Avengers line ups.

Online Adami

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »

As Zook pointed out, there have been TONS of versions of the Avengers, I think like 80 members all in all over time.

But yea, Marvel needs to get the rights back to all of their movies and do them right. I want The Fantastic Four done properly, along with having X-Men and so forth be a part of the Marvel Universe.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »
You think Hugh Jackman would continue as Wolverine? I don't think he can be replaced, honestly. It's like replacing Robert England as Freddy Krueger. Sure they did that already, but it wasn't that great...

Online Adami

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »
I would hope so. Even though I don't think Jackman plays a good Logan, he is way too iconic to change without it ruining everything.

I guess what has to happen is you and I have to somehow raise the millions of dollars necessary to buy back the rights to the Marvel movies at other companies and then give them to marvel. Sure we'd lose millions.....but we'd gain so much more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
I would hope so. Even though I don't think Jackman plays a good Logan, he is way too iconic to change without it ruining everything.

I guess what has to happen is you and I have to somehow raise the millions of dollars necessary to buy back the rights to the Marvel movies at other companies and then give them to marvel. Sure we'd lose millions.....but we'd gain so much more.

We're there, dude! o/

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
They need to do a Marvel Zombies film.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
I can't wait for them to do a Deadpool movie. I hear it's greenlighted or something. It's just a matter of eventually. Same with Doctor Strange. From what I understand, Sorcerers Apprentice was basically their test run for a Doctor Strange movie. Like a tech demo, more or less.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »
I think Jackman does great as Wolverine, physically and the mannerisms

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
I hope the new movie(s) will be able to stay more "true" to the comics, even though I enjoyed the first three movies, this certainly can't be worse. :)

It seems like they'll be far less accurate in tone. For the most part, aside from a few grim scenes, the Spidey comics are pretty up beat. Spidey is a happy, smart mouthed wise cracker.  He's often sarcastic and poking fun in hard times. This looks like it's going to be dark and brooding. It's going to be filled with angst and sad. They're going to take what should be happy, fun, humorous, with with a good dose of action and a bit of drama. And turn it into another moody teen drama romance.

That's what I'm guessing from the cast and director at least.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Next year is gonna rock

TDKR
TAS
The Avengers

Oh baby

Don't forget Man of Steel.

Not anymore, Man of Steel is now 2013.

Release date is listed as Christmas of 2012.

As for the cross-over wishes, as some have pointed out, it simply wouldn't be possible right now given the rights issues. At this time, you could have Ghost Rider and Spider-Man, or Fantastic Four, Daredevil and the X-Men. But I honestly feel the Marvel Studios Universe satiates my desire for a crossover film. Having them all run rampant at once would a bit of overkill, and I suspect would pull a lot of stories away from my personal favorite part of comic movies: the drama, sprinkled with its thematic elements.

Also, Punisher has reverted back to them, so I suspect we'll see Frank Castle tearing it up again soon and eventually crossing over. It's a shame, as I thought War Zone was the first good Punisher film and really captured the vibe of the comic, as well as delivering on all the bloody goodness.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »
I think the word you people are looking for is "Trendy", no emo.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
What do you mean, ''you people''?

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »
I called it hipster. That's damn near synonymous with trendy.

Online Adami

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »
Well that sucks. I was hoping to catch it before the end of the world.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
I think Jackman does great as Wolverine, physically and the mannerisms

Jackman will always be associated with Wolvie in popular culture now, and I'm not really one to nitpick about these sorts of things, but if you want to get technical he doesn't really do Wolvie justice physically at all.  Much too tall, slim and not hairy enough.  Logan is like 5'3'', stocky and ripped as fuck and super hairy on his chest, arms, back etc.  He's no actor but Glenn Danzig would have made a great Wolverine from a physical resemblance standpoint. 

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »
Had they made an X-Men movie in the early 90's like originally planned, then I would've been completely down for Danzig in the roll.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
Bump.

Tonight at the cinema, they showed the trailer in 3D, and I must say.. it impressed me much more when I got to see it on a huge screen.
The FPS/Point of View-part really became much more epic on a big screen, I sorta felt some turbulence when he throws himself from a roof top, and you see him fall towards the ground, that part became so much more epic.

As for the movie itself, one of my bigger highlights of next year.
Being a huge Spidey-fan, I really have high hopes, cause I think they screwed up some parts in the original movies (which I still liked), but there are a few things that will most likely be "fixed" or better here, so really excited about that.
Besides, I sorta have more "faith" (or whatever) in Andrew Garfield, why I did enjoy Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, I really enjoyed Garfield in The Social Network, and feel like he can do something good out of the part.  :tup