Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man.  (Read 30540 times)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Amazing Emo, er... Spider-Man.
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2012, 03:38:05 PM »
It looks like Garfield could make a good spidey, what with the cockiness and taunting that was so prevalent in the books.  From what I've seen of the story though...:puke:

Not a fan. :P  Not going to go into details for those who either haven't put it together based on trailer info or are avoiding spoilers.  Also there are rumors going around that the studio is really unhappy with the finished product, specifically in the director.  The trailers just don't excite me either, especially with the preview attached to AGT earlier this week.  So yeah.  Might see this with a group of friends, but I won't be shaking with anticipation like I was with the Avengers.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
After seeing the new trailer...I really don't really like the direction they're taking with Peter. Toby McGuire was great. Andrew Garfield is too cool to be Spidey.
It's probably going to be a good film then.

:lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw&feature=player_embedded

New trailer, I'm even more excited now.  :hefdaddy

Ironically - the guy at the dinner table in that trailer looks a wee bit like Willem Defoe.

Cgi still looks like video game graphics..

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw&feature=player_embedded

New trailer, I'm even more excited now.  :hefdaddy
Ironically - the guy at the dinner table in that trailer looks a wee bit like Willem Defoe.
Are you talking about Denis Leary? I can kind of see a resemblance, but Dafoe is just fuck ugly.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2012, 09:19:07 AM »
Yeah I thought it was Denis Leary but at first glance I thought it was Defoe again.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
This movie is going to own the Sam Raimi movies big time.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
This movie is going to own the Sam Raimi movies big time.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
The big critics seem to really like the movie.  Can't wait to see it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2012, 11:11:24 PM »
Judging by the clip they showed on Leno the other night, I think I'm gonna like Garfield a lot more than Tobey.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2012, 12:39:40 AM »
Judging by the clip they showed on Leno the other night, I think I'm gonna like Garfield a lot more than Tobey.
I came in here to say exactly this. Spiderman is Peter Parker all the time, and that clip really seemed to nail the essence of the character in those few brief moments.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man.
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:53 AM »
You guys watch Jay Leno?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:16 AM »
I know he's unpopular 'round these parts, but I grew up watching him with the family, so there's a nostalgia factor that kicks in. He's very hit or miss (I know some will say all miss) and I don't enjoy him nearly as much as Conan, but I still watch him from time to time.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2012, 01:47:18 AM »
Is the Jay Leno show still going on tv?  :D I love his show. I didn't know he had his share of haters, but I really grew up watching that show on tv over here. Often great guests, and I really enjoyed his comedy parts as well. I remember one segment where he would go out on the streets in America and just ask people general "you should know this"-questions, and often they didn't know the answers.  :lol
The last I remember was that he left, and that Conan O'Brien (I believe) had to fill in his show. Had no idea that Leno got back? :)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2012, 11:13:45 AM »
My case is pretty much the same as MetalJunkie except I never saw Leno's face again after the Late Night fiasco.
Zantera Leno took back the Tonight Show from Conan O'Brien 2 years ago, he's been on there since then but I haven't seen him.
This is the shortest video I could find about the subject cause it's a long story. We had a thread about it when it happened but I couldn't find it with the search tool.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
I'm still mad at Leno. :angry:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »
It seems kinda messy. So if I understand this right... Conan was brought on to replace Leno who wanted to quit from the Tonight Show. When Conan had been there for a while, Leno wanted to get back on the show, and they just got rid of Conan?

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
It seems kinda messy. So if I understand this right... Conan was brought on to replace Leno who wanted to quit from the Tonight Show. When Conan had been there for a while, Leno wanted to get back on the show, and they just got rid of Conan?

5 years before Leno left Tonight, he promised Conan the hosting position, saying he would go into retirement. By the time the 5 years were up, Leno had changed his mind about the retirement, and had decided to make his own primetime show, the Jay Leno Show. So far, so good.

Now, after a few months with Jay Leno's show at 10:30 and Tonight with Conan at 11:30, it became apparent that this wasn't working the way NBC wanted it to. The Jay Leno Show had abysmal ratings which were negatively impacting Conan's. NBC figured they needed to move Leno out of primetime and back into late night, so they decided they would make Leno's show a half hour long and move it to 11:30 and then move Conan to 12:05.

Conan, understandably, was not happy about the change, because NBC was messing with a franchise which for decades had gone on at 11:30.  He announced that he would leave the show if NBC went through with the move, and because the network execs weren't going to change their minds, Conan did end up leaving. So Leno took The Tonight Show back, and NBC successfully kept Leno in late night by keeping him on The Tonight Show. Everybody got what they wanted, except for Conan, who was now out of a job and would start a new show on TBS some months later.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
I'm still mad at Leno. :angry:

My anger has subsided since then but I never wanna see his face again and will never willingly check out his show or anything he else does. He has since gotten his celebrity friends, namely Jerry Seinfeld, to put a good word out that it was all NBC's fault but most of the responsibility lies on Leno's back for taking back his word about retiring and then accepting Conan's job back when Conan was still on it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »
Just got back from seeing this film in Imax3D. I liked it. I have never been into super hero stuff or comic books. The only super hero movies I have seen were the first 3 Spiderman movies and The Dark Knight. I'm not in the mood today to put together a well thought out review, so am and just going to bullet everything that comes to mind.

(Spoilers)

- I loved Dennis Leary as a cop. I wish he played a bigger role.
 - I liked the balance between darkness and comic relief.
 - The scene on the bridge was fucking awesome.
 - I really liked how many times Spiderman was unmasked in this movie. The part where he let the little kid put it on was excellent.
 - The doctor's character was really cool. When his arm grew back initially, I was so happy. The whole visual sequence of him tearing away a layer of scales to unveil his hand was very cool.
 - I thought it was awesome when we got to see Spiderman and the lizard fight underwater in the sewers. That's a side of NYC I don't recall ever seeing in a movie.
 - Emma Stone was sexy as hell. I biggest complaint was that she had the same boots on in four completely different scenes. I feel as though I didn't get my money's worth out of her legs.
 - The end scene when the antidote released was cool. All that blue snow like stuff floating down everywhere. It made a very cool effect for the 3D. Was that edited out in the trailer when it showed the tower falling?
 - I don't know how it was in the comic books, but I thought the way uncle Ben died was pretty lame. Granted it was different than the first movie, but it was more or less the exact same thing. It was cool right after that when Spiderman fell through the ceiling into the wrestling ring. Pretty cool play on the first film.
 - I didn't like how we got to see a bunch of cops change into lizards who ended up having no impact on the story. I was hoping to just see a small army of like a dozen of them just ripping shit through a city street.
 - Ant May's character was left out quite a bit. I would have liked to see her a little bit more.
 - I think the ending did very well setting up for a sequel.
 - Emma Stone's character, the intern, should not have known as much shit about the lab as she did.
 - I thought the web shooters were really sick. I liked seeing a little bit of mechanical love thrown into the mix.
 - What was the point of all those lizards crawling around everywhere? I have never seen on out of the dozens of times I have been to the city. Were they lab rats that converted just like the doctor did?
 - All of the first persons sequences made me feel like I was playing Mirrors Edge.
 - There was a Norman Osborne reference, but nothing about Harry. Perhaps we see the Green Goblin again at some point.
 - The scene on the train when Peter is testing out his powers made me laugh.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »
Saw it. Enjoyed it. I rate it a 4/5. If you like comic movies, check it out.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
I enjoyed it towards the end, but the movie failed to engage me early. I felt there was too much similarities in plot points between this one and the first Raimi Spider-Man. There was just a burning lack of vision that IF they just strayed away from the origin story, it would've been effective. I understand they are trying to reboot the franchise, but they just threw too many things within that first act.

But i guess the familiarity and un-originality is my biggest gripe. I very much enjoyed Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, but something didn't fit right with him as Spiderman. Maybe because 70% the mask was off. But ironically, I've said the same about Tobey McQuire vice-versa. Wasn't a big fan of him as Peter Parker, but i loved him as Spiderman. If only him and Garfield had a love child.

Rhys Ifans was awesome. Possibly my favorite thing about the movie was him and The Lizard scenes.

Emma Stone. Ain't nothin wrong with that. I loved that her Gwen Stacey is completely the opposite of Mary Jane, which was refreshing.

It was a entertaining film, though dragged by a love story and tainted first act.

Did anyone stay for the end credits scene? Thoughts and ideas on who that guy was?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »
I was so completely underwhelmed by this movie that its mind boggling. I can't even pinpoint what exactly I didn't like about it aside from the moments where I thought I was watching Raimi's first Spidey film redone by a bunch of amateur actors. It just felt empty. Even during the most intense action sequences, I could not have possibly cared less about what happened to the characters. It was underacted (aside from a handful of scenes from Garfield and most of Ifys' (?) scenes), it's pacing at times was unbelievably slow and at other times (crucial times in which Parker transitions into Spidey) it was on speed. It was just a mess. The score messed with me the most; I can't remember exactly which scenes it occurred in, mostly due to my memory of the film being a jumbled mess, but there were intense scenes where an exciting, bass-filled track/song could have built up a lot of tension and instead there was this orchestral, opera-esque shit... I don't know how to explain it better right now but it was just all pineapple shaped. Meh. So much fucking meh.

Oh well. At least I got another look at TDKR on the big screen. There's one movie I won't worry about it not delivering. This just left no taste in my mouth at all. Which is the weirdest taste of all... or... ;lfdspouibawrhel;

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
Okay, I'm seeing it tomorrow so I'll stay away from this thread due to spoilers, but without anyone spoiling, I've heard rumours that there is a scene post-credits, is this true? (yes/no) Just so I know if I should stay.

Thanks in advance.  :P

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2012, 07:00:56 AM »
Yes there is a post credit scene hinting at the villian in the next movie
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Taking my sister to see this tonight.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
Honestly, I loved it. We finally got The Lizard on screen, the story is more true to the comics, and Spider-Man's witty banter was downright hilarious. The scene where he keeps plastering that guy to the wall with the webbing was flawless.  :lol
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
I liked it.

Also, sweet merciful mother of all things holy Emma Stone looked good.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2012, 12:37:04 AM »
Appaently this movie is going to make a lot of money.

I think this is unfortunate for the future of the movie industry.  It's not a good thing if there's yet another reason out there not to be creative.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »

I think this is unfortunate for the future of the movie industry.  It's not a good thing if there's yet another reason out there not to be creative.

Comic Book movies are great, the more the merrier, but it being successful means that Sony will never let Marvel have it back.

And that annoys me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »

Comic Book movies are great, the more the merrier, but it being successful means that Sony will never let Marvel have it back.

And that annoys me.

I like comic book movies too.

What I don't like is that this movie is the strongest evidence yet that it's a good idea to reboot franchise instead of coming up with new ideas.

I have nothing against remakes in principle (the BSG one is brilliant).  But, the remake is very easy to abuse.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:57 AM »
The only reason they're being rebooted like this is to prevent the rights from going back to marvel. Which is like the holocaust, only worse.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »
Seeing it tonight, so excited! :caffeine: