Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 301135 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
I didn't see the 3D because it really hurts my eyes, but it's definitely worth the money to see it in theaters.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2012, 07:50:53 AM »
I saw the 2D version (twice).  I don't go to 3D screenings unless the movies is actually shot in 3D. 

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: May 07, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »
Being a lifelong comic book geek, I was thrilled with The Avengers. Awesome. I saw the first clip during the credits which sets the stage for Gallactica, eater of worlds!

Lifelong comic book geek, huh? 

What was the second clip?

Go see it again to find out.  ;)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #388 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
Being a lifelong comic book geek, I was thrilled with The Avengers. Awesome. I saw the first clip during the credits which sets the stage for Gallactica, eater of worlds!

My thoughts exactly! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2012, 09:34:17 AM »

lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
I'm not a comic book geek, so I didn't get the end. Who is it?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
I'm not a comic book geek, so I didn't get the end. Who is it?
SPOILERS INCOMING

Well, for one, it's not Gallactica since that character doesn't exist on the Marvel U and it's not Galactus because he has a purple hat/clothes and not skin (also, he's part of the FF franchise so that means he won't appear on Marvel Studios movies). That's Thanos, the Mad Titan. An unruly character who is, literally, in love with Marvel U's personification of Death.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »
Looks like I'll have my first Imax experience (have seen one regular 3D movie before) on Friday when I see The Avengers. I am so super fucking psyched.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #393 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »
I finally saw it last night. I loved the film, but it's not the perfect film everyone told me it was. There were parts that dragged that lost me. Exposition talked rather than shown. However, the good outweighs the bad. The last 30 minutes or so is amazing. I have to agree on a review I read. that in the end, this shows the joy of superhero films. To me, that joy is influenced by Superman: The Movie. The Hulk is perfect. Stole the show in my opinion. Tom Hiddleston's Loki is one of the best superhero movie villains ever. He was one of my favorite things about The Avengers and Thor. The action is absolutely mind-blowing. I just wish my storytelling experience with The Avengers was better tailored. Hopefully, the second will have a better polished script and have more going on, expositionally. However, Joss Whedon, to his credit, did a damn fine job of bringing the characters arcs to full circle, in a way I have never seen before.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »

lol
:hat
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
The Avengers  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
*Spoiler*

The best scene in the whole movie....when Hulk beats the living fuck out of Loki. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. I know it wouldn't have worked, but if Loki had died, that would have been the best Death Scene ever.

I don't normally watch too many superhero movies, but before this Iron Man was my favorite, but I gotta give this one pros as my favorite superhero movie, at least in the Marvel world. Tony Stark is just a fucking boss!

That's because Downey is by far the best actor in the group.

I think Tom Hiddleston deserves some love in this category as well.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2012, 07:11:02 PM »
In prep for watching the Avengers this Sunday, Mrs. C's kid and I just watched Captain America, which we hadn't seen yet.

So. Fucking. Excellent.

Gonna try to watch Thor tomorrow night, which we haven't seen either.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
*Spoiler*

The best scene in the whole movie....when Hulk beats the living fuck out of Loki. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. I know it wouldn't have worked, but if Loki had died, that would have been the best Death Scene ever.

I don't normally watch too many superhero movies, but before this Iron Man was my favorite, but I gotta give this one pros as my favorite superhero movie, at least in the Marvel world. Tony Stark is just a fucking boss!

I'll give him some love! He's so good as Loki!! He's such a badass on Avengers!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #399 on: May 07, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
That's my secret.....I'm always angry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #400 on: May 07, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »
Also, away from The Avengers, one character that Marvel REALLY needs to get back is Norrin Radd. Seriously, if they could pull off a good movie about him that would be amazing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #401 on: May 07, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »
That's my secret.....I'm always angry.

That's easily the moment of the film for me. A perfect dose of amazement and gut-busting laughter.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
Just got back from seeing it (again) with jingle.son. New favorite line from the movie. when Iron Man takes Hawkeye up to the rooftops ... "better clench up Legolas"

:rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »
Ohhhh man my childhood just got roided up big time. That was so incredibly satisfying! Everything about it blew me away and I could not have expected something so massively goose-bump-inducing. Spoilers abound for the next few sentences. I too, much like what seems like literally every other person that has seen it, was literally jacking off (voraciously) to the scene in which Hulk pummels Loki after his pathetic speech about not being bullied and then WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM "Tch...Puny god..."  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :heart :metal Lord, I want to be the Hulk so badly. I want a big, green cucumber dick. I want it. I want it willingly. End spoilers, they are no longer abound; I have locked them up in that Hulk cage. Also, Hiddelston did a superb job on creating a better Loki than the subpar experience that was Thor (his performance, not the entirety of the film); he brought his game, gave the character depth, a terrifying, reachable goal, and most of all, a reason to both love and hate him, as well as feel a bit of sympathy for the sub-human god. The film was all around spectacular and I really did not expect to like it this much.

I'll say one thing about superhero movies that come after this: They had better have their own flare and individuality because any comparisons to this movie will fail for the one being compared, I'm afraid. Even Dark Knight Rises has some tough competition with this one, and I'm not even going to think or discuss the financial bomb that this lit. So many great scenes, so many goosebumps, so many boners. SO MANY. I've seen it three times so far; the first time was in 3D, which was my first 3D movie, and I completely got the gist of the scam and will probably never see another 3D movie again. While it didn't detract from the experience, it didn't make it any better either. That said, it was fun, nothing more, perhaps something less if I wasn't blazed. The next two viewings really solidified my boner (pun not intended); the colors were vibrant, the cinematography, beautiful; and most of all, the CG and action scenes all around really just made my jaw drop. It was the best use of technology I've ever seen in a movie (I will fucking rape you if you mention Avatar, that modicum of pussy fart).

So enjoyable. I love Marvel. I am really, really hoping that Whedon is on board for future installments because he just became my true super hero for bringing this to life and doing such a marvelous (pun not intended again, shit) job at it. Really, I love you, Mr. Whedon. BRAVO! Oh and one more spoiler: MOTHER FUCKING THANOS!!!!! WOOTY PATOOOOOTY!!!!!! YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'M CUMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!! End cumming.

I honestly don't know if I can even go back and watch the movies that precede this because they just won't get my blood flowing like this movie did. God, I haven't had so much fun in a movie theater since I got a blowjob in one, and this beats that. It fucking does. Don't look at me like that. Scarlett Johansson's butt.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
So I saw it last night, and it exceeded all possible expectations.  Mark Ruffalo really sold me on replacing Norton, Hawkeye wasn't just a superfluous extra (the way many mutants have been in the last few X-Men movies), everyone got screen time and we had a good idea of their characters even if we hadn't seen all of the earlier movies, and Black Widow.  BLACK.  FUCKING.  WIDOW.  Going from a sex icon in Iron Man 2 who served little real purpose in the plot (I remember she had to fight some people.  Don't remember why.  I think they were the non-Whiplash villain's goons) to probably the most badass heroine ever put on the screen.  Heck, one of the most badass superheroes, period.  I also loved Whedon's writing in this movie.  I mean, I had faith because this is the guy who made you care about 9 main characters in Serenity and made it work.  Of course he could do it with 6 Avengers plus Fury, Coulson, and Loki. 

So yeah, I loved it.  I'll be seeing it again.

Oh yeah, seeing Thanos at the end was pretty awesome, even though I mistook it for a classic skrull based on the chin (I figured the purple skin was a lighting thing).  I'd love to see a secret invasion movie.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:29 PM »
Watched Thor tonight. So cool. So looking forward to the Avengers.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »
BLACK.  FUCKING.  WIDOW.  Going from a sex icon in Iron Man 2 who served little real purpose in the plot (I remember she had to fight some people.  Don't remember why.  I think they were the non-Whiplash villain's goons) to probably the most badass heroine ever put on the screen. 

I disagree regarding her role in IM2.  She was intentionally underdeveloped in IM2 because she was a mole placed within Stark's organization by SHIELD, so of course we were not supposed to know much about her before her real identity was eventually revealed late in the film.  The audience was intentionally kept in the dark about who she was.  Add to that the fact that, since it was an IM film, they couldn't have her upstage (or even be equal to) the main character.  She may have been a second-tier character in terms of screen time and character development, but she definitely served a purpose.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2012, 10:08:13 AM »
Here's what I don't get about Iron Man though- if he's a Stark, why does his armor bear the colors of House Lannister????

(badum-ting!)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
:|

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »
It....it was a joke.  I made a joke.

:blush

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »
Do you even know what a joke is?

Offline Adami

« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »
Nah, pretty sure I did.  It's a reference to another fictional universe, so if you're unfamiliar with that then you wouldn't get the joke, but just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's not a joke.  Never said it was a good joke or a funny joke however.  In fact it was meant to be a dumb joke.  Judging from what I've seen on this forum having a joke be funny, tasteful or good is not a requirement for posting it.

Also, bite me.

Offline Adami

« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »

Also, bite me.

Oh come on, stop teasing me. Last time you slapped me for even using a little teeth.

Anywho, so how do we forced Sony and Fox or whoever to sell back the rights of X-Men, FF and Spiderman back to Marvel?

One of the things I missed so much in Captain America was a small Logan cameo.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
Oh, man... I didn't think about that. Indeed that would have been so awesome and enjoyable to see. Damn...

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
Even if they did get the rights to FF, X-Men and Spider-Man, I wonder how they would squeeze more awesomeness into a movie. Avengers + Fantastic Four + X-Men and Spider-Man vs something would be awesome, but every hero would get like 2 minutes screentime, unless they made the movie 4 hours long or something.  :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
*Spoiler*

Well, by "group" I meant the Avengers/Shield. But even so, we can't compare Hiddleston's body of work to Downey's.

Offline Adami

« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »
Even if they did get the rights to FF, X-Men and Spider-Man, I wonder how they would squeeze more awesomeness into a movie. Avengers + Fantastic Four + X-Men and Spider-Man vs something would be awesome, but every hero would get like 2 minutes screentime, unless they made the movie 4 hours long or something.  :lol

Oh no no no. They don't need a movie with ALL of them. They just need the ability to have transfers if necessary. Have Spiderman show up in a FF movie. Have Thing fight the Hulk in a hulk movie. Have Reed Richards and Susan Storm show up in Iron Man 4, you know? They don't need to all be together all of the time, but knowing that anyone could show up in any movie would make it SOO much cooler. As of now when you see a Marvel universe movie, you know no one from the FF, or X-men or Spiderman will ever show up. Imagine if you didn't know that. Remember when thanos surprised the hell out of everyone? Imagine Wolverine showing up in an Avengers movie with no announcment. Yea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2012, 01:05:46 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean, I love cameos like that.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
i guess spoiler if you havent seen x-men first class?

imagine how funny it would be if the hugh jackman cameo in first class was actually in the avengers? Black Widow walks into the bar looking to recruit logan for the avengers, "go fuck yourself".