Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 298476 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
Well.........that was one of the most incredible action movies I've ever seen.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
Can't wait to see it tomorrow night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
Had a blast seeing it last night, the end sequence in Manhattan is just a phenomenal! I'm just annoyed that I thought I had time to hit the bathroom during the credits before the little post-movie teaser and I missed it. There is a second post-credits clip all the way at the end, though it's fairly inconsequential, just a little bit of fun.
I saw the first post-credits sequence, but left afterward thinking that it was the only one.
The second one is more a continuation of a joke Stark makes towards the end of the movie than anything else.
Yep, saw it online. Nothing special but the visual gag was fun.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
Just came home from seeing Avengers, it was epic. I'll try to not spoil any scenes or the story, but instead just sum up some thoughts.
I had pretty high expectations, but they were fulfilled and even topped. I was perhaps a bit sceptical to the whole "how will they fit all these dudes into a movie, and give them all time?", but I think the result was good. Everyone had their time, and nothing felt rushed.

Mark Ruffalo impressed me with his performance, the others were great, but I already knew that from the other movies. I would probably say that I enjoyed this movie the most out of the Marvel-movies so far. (Iron Man & IM2, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America)

Online Adami

« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
Mark Ruffalo was great. Everyone was great. Not a single weak link as far as I'm concerned.

Also, most excited mid credits scene ever.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
I did feel like Hawkeye got the shaft in terms of character development in the film, but apart from that I can't complain about a thing.

Also, Marvel, give me a Banner/Stark buddy-cop film!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »
I did feel like Hawkeye got the shaft in terms of character development in the film, but apart from that I can't complain about a thing.

Well, I have a feeling he won't be gone from future movies. And he's the only Avenger who had 0 development in any other movie, so he got less because he had nothing to start off with.

Also, Marvel, give me a Banner/Stark buddy-cop film!

I believe it's called Zodiac.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2012, 07:13:55 PM »
No! I want them AS Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Zodiac bored me to death.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »

I honestly wouldn't mind future movies teaming up people either. I don't see why it has to be "Totally alone" or "Complete Avengers". I see no reason why 2 main Avengers can't share a movie equally. Like a Marvel movie where Natasha is sent to interrogate Jane Foster and is only able to do so by seducing her and then making love to her for 2 hours.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »

I honestly wouldn't mind future movies teaming up people either. I don't see why it has to be "Totally alone" or "Complete Avengers". I see no reason why 2 main Avengers can't share a movie equally. Like a Marvel movie where Natasha is sent to interrogate Jane Foster and is only able to do so by seducing her and then making love to her for 2 hours.

I'll allow it.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »

:lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2012, 03:41:48 AM »

Go on.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2012, 07:08:34 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Well played. 

:clap:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #329 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
That picture has so much win that I'm not even sure where to begin.

One thing I would like to see would be Spider-Man in a "team-up" movie, but if they would include him, then you also have Fantastic Four and X-Men, add the Avengers and you get way too many people for a movie.  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #330 on: May 05, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
You mean a Spider-Man "team-up" where he teams up with all those groups? Or like it would be a fourth franchise with a lot of people?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #331 on: May 05, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
You mean a Spider-Man "team-up" where he teams up with all those groups? Or like it would be a fourth franchise with a lot of people?

Nah, like include Spider-Man with the Avengers or something. Perhaps I phrased it poorly, but what I meant was that if they include Spider-Man in a movie like that, people might say "why not Fantastic Four or X-Men as well?", The Avengers has a core that consists of Iron-Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk, and even if some of the others I mentioned have been in the comics, it's sort of a situation where, if you're gonna have one in, why not the others? :P
So in the end, while I would love to see Spider-Man team up with other Marvel superheroes, I doubt it will happen.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #332 on: May 05, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
It won't happen because all those franchises movie rights are own by different companies. :lol

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #333 on: May 05, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
Yeah I know, it's kinda lame to be honest.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
I would love to see the Secret Wars.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Adami

« Reply #335 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
I think Marvel needs to diversify it's live action element. Their cartoons and animated stuff are great, and should keep going.

However, their live action stuff doesn't need to always be summer huge action block busters. Yes, for Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc those are the best formats. However they can explore smaller indie movies for Hank Pymm and The Black Panther.

And even though they're too big of stars for it, Hawkeye and Widow would make an excellent TV show. Or find another character or group and make a live action TV show. Then randomly have different people from different ones show up on each others.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #336 on: May 05, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
The Runaways would be perfect for a TV show.

To speak a bit of Avengers MIGHT BE SPOILERS:

Thor had the funniest line in the whole movie in my opinion.

Thor: "Watch what you say, Loki is an Asgardian and my brother."
Black Widow: "He's kill 80 people in 2 days!"
Thor: "...he's adopted"

I laugh for a good minute because of that.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
Holy crap, that was some first-rate kick-ass blockbuster action right there.  Simply awesome.  In fact, that is the kind of film for which the word "awesome" was invented.

Yes, that line from Thor was hilarious.  In fact, there was lots of humor in the film, which was great.

BTW, the old long-time comics fan in me was extremely pleased to see that the SHIELD base which started the film was Project Pegasus.

Online Adami

« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
Okay if you guys could help me out. Joss hinted that he'd throw in a few subtle nods to other marvel things. Now, I obviously missed those. So keeping the font small and stuff, could anyone point out any that they saw? Subtle ones mind you, so don't count things like thanos at the end or anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
Off the top of my head, not too many are coming to mind, but I wasn't really looking for them.

The general that was interrogating the Black Widow was a real character from her mythos.  I'll have to think about any more.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
I couldn't think of any more off the top of my head, and so I went online and found that Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon agreed not to put any in this film like some that were in the others.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
Sweet jesus that was awesome.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
I know, right?

BTW, the Hulk is fucking awesome.

Online Adami

« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
I know, right?

BTW, the Hulk is fucking awesome.

I gotta tell you, I was originally going to say "Yea, Joss really knew how to write for the hulk" then I was going to add "Oh yea, he also really knew how to write Iron Man......and Captain America..........and Thor............and Loki.............and Natasha...........and Clint.............damnit, everyone" and figured I'd just say "Yea, Joss knew how to write this movie amazingly well".

Seriously, Joss needs to do the sequel, writing and directing again.

Also, I hope that Marvel doesn't look at this movie and say "Next Marvel movies need to be bigger". Cause honestly, I can't imagine it going any bigger, not even a sequel. I hope they don't try.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
Avengers kicked ass. Not much else I can say that's new. I haven't seen a film twice in the theater in 7 years, but I might make an exception with this one.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
THAT                            WAS                    AWESOME!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »
I hope that Marvel doesn't look at this movie and say "Next Marvel movies need to be bigger". Cause honestly, I can't imagine it going any bigger, not even a sequel. I hope they don't try.
I don't think they will, at least not with their next few movies.  They apparently want the individual films (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2) to really focus on those characters, and not try to outdo themselves with each new film.

As for the sequel to Avengers, all bets are off.

Online Adami

« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
After seeing Mark's performance, I'm really looking forward to his own Hulk movie actually. Are there plans for one?

Also, I was really hoping that Ant/Giant Man and Black Panther can show up at some point. However after seeing The Avengers, I have no idea what they would add. Never the less, I love those characters and would kill to see their own movies. Of course having Nathan Fillion as Hank and Morena Baccarin as Wasp.

Hell, while we're at it, cast Adam Baldwin as The Punisher, Jewel Stait as Invisible Woman, Sean Maher as The Vision, Alan Tudyk as Steve the Pirate, Gina Torres as Storm, Ron Glass as Nick Fury's father, and Summer Glau as Spider Woman.

Oh yes, and Christina Hendricks as Scarlet Witch.

Oh yeaaaaa.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »
*Spoiler*

The best scene in the whole movie....when Hulk beats the living fuck out of Loki. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. I know it wouldn't have worked, but if Loki had died, that would have been the best Death Scene ever.

I don't normally watch too many superhero movies, but before this Iron Man was my favorite, but I gotta give this one pros as my favorite superhero movie, at least in the Marvel world. Tony Stark is just a fucking boss!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:13:16 AM by JRundquist »
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Online Adami

« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2012, 11:54:01 PM »
The best scene in the whole movie....when Hulk beats the living fuck out of Loki. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. I know it wouldn't have worked, but if Loki had died, that would have been the best Death Scene ever.

I don't normally watch too many superhero movies, but before this Iron Man was my favorite, but I gotta give this one pros as my favorite superhero movie, at least in the Marvel world. Tony Stark is just a fucking boss!

Spoiler tags would be nice for the people who haven't seen the movie yet. And yes, the theater was applauding/laughing so hard that I had to look up online what hulk said after that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com