Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 296720 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »
So I just saw Road to the Avengers bonus on the Thor DVD.

What a waste of time. All it was was a bunch of the actors and Joss admitting that they are in fact making the movie. Nothing more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2011, 06:23:24 AM »
THEY'RE MAKING AN AVENGERS MOVIE HOLY SHIT!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
WILL SPIDER-MAN BE IN IT?!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
WHO??
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
Anyone think Cap might end up plowing the chick from How I Met Your Mother?  Apparently she is signed on for nine films.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
Dimitrius, you need to spent more time paying attention and less time losing at fantasy football so you aren't always so out of the loop.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
Anyone think Cap might end up plowing the chick from How I Met Your Mother?  Apparently she is signed on for nine films.

9 FILMS?!?!?! Assuming Avengers is 1, what the hell are the other 8?

She's awful in HIMYM, she better not be given too big a role.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »
Dimitrius, you need to spent more time paying attention and less time losing at fantasy football so you aren't always so out of the loop.
You think I'm paying close attention to a SIX TEAM LEAGUE? Wigga please!

Also, WHAT? When did Cobbie Smulders signed on for 9 films?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »

9 FILMS?!?!?! Assuming Avengers is 1, what the hell are the other 8?

She's awful in HIMYM, she better not be given too big a role.
I would guess Avengers 2 and 3, as well as others various Marvel sequels. After Avengers, we're getting another Iron Man, two more Thors, and who knows what else.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online Adami

« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »
Oh there better be 2 more Avengers. And we better get SOME kind of appearance by Hank and Janet.

Also, would be awesome if Marvel could buy back the rights to The Fantastic Four and throw some of that in there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
They did the same thing with Jackson after the first Iron Man. They won't necessarily use said person in nine films, but its always good to cover your bases and have the option, seeing as all the films crossover when possible. A year after Avengers, we have Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. The year after is still being worked out, but we'll likely see another Hulk, Captain America, Avengers sequel as well as a SHIELD spin-off and a plethora of smaller budgeted second tier character-based films, so there are a lot of options for these extended contracts.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »
I've watched it about three times so far. Looking good.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »
Looking beyond amazing!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
mmmm....  May can't come soon enough.  Damn this is gonna be cool.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
Looks good, but why the hell was Thor fighting Captain America? I hate internal conflict like that for the very fact that I'm anticipating this movie because I want to see them team up. I hope it's something that's resolved quickly, like Thor comes back to earth and there's a two minute misunderstanding and they go on their merry way.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
I wasn't really psyched before, but the trailer really succeeded in waking up the young fanboy within me.
Pretty psyched now.  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »
Looks good, but why the hell was Thor fighting Captain America? I hate internal conflict like that for the very fact that I'm anticipating this movie because I want to see them team up. I hope it's something that's resolved quickly, like Thor comes back to earth and there's a two minute misunderstanding and they go on their merry way.

That's certainly the most plausible reason.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »
It looks freakin awesome, and nice touch with the NIN music!

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »

Most likely, since that duo is seen as a pair fighting guys in motion capture suits in the footage from Cleveland.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a little pushing and shoving since Whedon said one of the conflicts of the film is about all of these massive egos having to work together.

Plus, it has to go quick because there is no way Cap could last more than a few minutes against Thor.  :biggrin:

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2011, 07:52:12 AM »

Superheroes fighting each other (usually due to some simple misunderstanding) before finally teaming up is a comics tradition! 

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »

There's a chance that the Skrull army will be lead by Loki in the film, who are shapeshifters.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
I don't think it's "there's a chance" and it's more like "100% guaranteed" that if they appear they're gonna be lead by Loki.

Though with the appearances of the Infinity Gauntlet and the Cosmic Cube, I hope that Thanos is working in the shadows. I think it would be very cool.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »

There's a chance that the Skrull army will be lead by Loki in the film, who are shapeshifters.

Loki himself could be projecting an image or controlling someone as well.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
Wow. Never thought of that. That would actually be kind of cool.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
Avengers is getting a 3D conversion...

https://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/avengers-movie-powers-3d-33880

So unnecessary.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:34 PM »
The first "Avengers" trailer was released in mid-October.

IT WAS A TEASER, NOT A TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  /rage
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »
Avengers is getting a 3D conversion...

https://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/avengers-movie-powers-3d-33880

So unnecessary.

Yeah, I'll find a 2D showing, thankyouverymuch. 

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »
I assumed it WAS going to be converted to 3-D. I even thought it said so in the original trailer. Hm.
Well, 2-D for me all the way.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »
Never got around to seeing Cap in theaters as I had said I was hoping to do earlier in the thread.  But just rented it over the weekend.  VERY good film.  I am now psyched and ready...

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »
Yeah, I bought Cap and Thor with my Christmas money and got to see the 2 one-shot short films. The one on Thor is a nice to tie why Tony Stark appeared in TIH's post-credits scene and the one on Cap is... I don't know, just there to show that Coulson can kick ass, I guess.

Also, I'm still bummed Hugo Weaving was such a "by-the-numbers" bad guy in Cap. Never thought he was a threat!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »
I haven't bought any of them, except Hulk, which I found for $9.99.  I'm holding out for the inevitable box set with deleted scenes that will come out after Avengers.

As for Hugo Weaving, I actually thought his character was pretty good.  The only thing that kinda left something to be desired was his rather pointless death.  It was basically, "Let's fight!  I will destroy you!  No, wait--let's team up!  No, wait--UNLIMITED POWER--gaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
:mrlol: "

Not very satisfying.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »
But who's to say he's dead?? He could come back, with the way they treated his "death scene". It's very similar to Loki's last scene in Thor.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:56:35 PM by Dimitrius »