Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 294259 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
With Captain America being released this week, the road to the Avengers is complete.

So I thought this would be a good thread to speculate about the movies, post information, and just discuss them.

If anybody has any question, the movies that are a part of this universe are:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:04:33 AM by ariich »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »
I love it. The idea of all of these movies being interconnected is pretty damn awesome.

And most of the movies are great. Iron Man 2 could have been better, but I loved the rest. However I really wish they could have had some cross overs with X-Men or FF or something, but damn those rights issues.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
I really hope that Avengers is, not only a great movie, but a financial success, that would be great for movies overall.

Also, I think Iron Man 2 gets a lot of hate because the middle part of it became very Avengers heavy, but I still like the movie a lot!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:58:40 AM »
I really hope that Avengers is, not only a great movie, but a financial success, that would be great for movies overall.

Also, I think Iron Man 2 gets a lot of hate because the middle part of it became very Avengers heavy, but I still like the movie a lot!

No, I just got annoyed at the whole party scene, where he fights Rodie and such. Just................bad stuff. I didn't mean the Captain shield or anything.

I like tons of references, so I'm fine with avengers heavy stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
However I really wish they could have had some cross overs with X-Men or FF or something, but damn those rights issues.

Secret wars?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:50 PM »
I'd just like to give Sony a big fuck you for probably ruining any chance at ever having a Spider-man cross over.

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
I'd just like to give Sony a big fuck you for probably ruining any chance at ever having a Spider-man cross over.

Oh yea them too. Seriously, all Marvel movies should be crossover material.

I would have loved to see Hugh Jackman in Captain America.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
I wanna see Spider-man with the X-men like in the cartoon when he goes to Professor X for help about his mutation.

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »
I wanna see Spider-man with the X-men like in the cartoon when he goes to Professor X for help about his mutation.

I think this proves that humanity must find a way to stop Patrick Stewart or Ian Mckellan from aging.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »
They already have.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »

No, I just got annoyed at the whole party scene, where he fights Rodie and such. Just................bad stuff. I didn't mean the Captain shield or anything.
Well, yeah, I should've made cleared that some of the hate is deserving.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
So if you haven't seen Thor, this post should be ignored.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

So, how do you think the Cosmic Cube fits into the Avengers? I was talking to Harry over FB chat and I kinda made a rough outline of what may happen on the Avengers. The Cosmic Cube will appear on Captain America, I'm guessing that's what's giving Red Skull his power. So, for the Avengers, Hulk is currently under arrest by SHIELD. Jane Foster finishes her theory on wormhole, makes one, and connects it to Asgard, that's how Thor comes back to Earth. Under Loki's influence (as shown in the post-credit scene of Thor), Selvig begins studying the Cosmic Cube and somehow taps into its power, when this happens Loki steals the cube and begins destroying Earth. Iron Man, Captain America and Thor all face off against him, individually, and get stomped. They band together and get stomped again, so what do they do? They bring in Hulk as a necessary evil and finally beat Loki, and in some kind of scene, the audience finds out that Loki was working with Thanos (Avengers 2 set!).... roll credits.

Online Adami

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
Pretty sure.....

Possible spoilers....

That Avengers is going to deal with the Kree Skrull war. Not sure why I think that, but I could have sworn I read it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
See, I don't see why you can think that. They haven't made any sort of reference to that.

But they have talked (and shown props) of the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Online Adami

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »
See, I don't see why you can think that. They haven't made any sort of reference to that.

But they have talked (and shown props) of the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Oh I know the Cube is a major part. I'm going to look to see if I can find why in the hell I think it's about the Kree Skrull war.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
I cannot wait for the Avengers movie, because Joss Whedon is writing/directing it, and he can do no wrong.  Well, except for Dollhouse, but no one remembers that anyways.  Still, I'm excited.  I missed Thor in theaters (not sure how...) but I WILL be seeing Cap's movie.  He's always been one of the greatest Marvel characters and I'm very curious to see if Chris Evans can pull it off, since it seems he hasn't done anything serious in his entire career. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »
I love the Marvel-comics, and I will most likely check Avengers out.
However, Spider-Man and X-Men are really the only comics I really liked, the rest were cool, but I wasn't as into them as with the other two.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
Don't forget this is also going to have Hawkeye (he was seen in Thor).
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online Adami

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Don't forget this is also going to have Hawkeye (he was seen in Thor).

YES! I'm looking forward to some good Clint action.

I mean, Ant Man and Wasp would be nice too, but I know they're not realistic.

But Black Panther could be possible.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
I'm also wondering how they work the Hulk into it.  I can't remember but somehow Bruce Banner figures out at some point that he can be the Hulk with BB's mind.  I'm thinking that won't be in the first Avengers but I hope they somehow work that in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »
Let's not forget Black Widow!  mmmmm Scarlett Johanssen
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:07 AM »
Love all the movies so far. Captain America looks amazing, so the weekend can't come quick enough. Also looking forward to The Avengers, but simply put, 2012 is the mother of all years for comic book films, that will possibly even out-do 2011: Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers etc.

I'm also hoping Avengers marks the first time that I give a shit about something Joss Whedon has done. The guy is terribly over-rated hack, so I'm praying he doesn't screw up the biggest event in comic movie history.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »
The guy is terribly over-rated hack, so I'm praying he doesn't screw up the biggest event in comic movie history.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) – writer
Speed (1994) – co-writer (uncredited)
The Getaway (1994) – co-writer (uncredited)
Waterworld (1995) – co-writer (uncredited)
Toy Story (1995) – co-writer
Alien Resurrection (1997) – writer
Titan A.E. (2000) – co-writer
X-Men (2000) – treatment (uncredited)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001) – treatment
Serenity (2005) – writer and director
The Avengers (2012) – co-writer and director[24]

If Waterworld is the only movie from that list you've seen, I could understand your statement. Seems to be the only huge mark against him.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online Adami

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 01:27:10 AM »
Joss Whedon gets an eternal free pass based on two words.

1. Firefly.
2. Serenity.

I'm fine with him doing whatever.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
I'm also wondering how they work the Hulk into it.  I can't remember but somehow Bruce Banner figures out at some point that he can be the Hulk with BB's mind.  I'm thinking that won't be in the first Avengers but I hope they somehow work that in.
Well, the last shot of The Incredible Hulk (Banner meditating, turning into the Hulk and smiles to the camera) was left kinda ambiguous for a reason. If they were gonna do another Hulk, or bring him into Avengers as a good guy, then that shot meant that Banner has control over his transformation. If they were gonna bring him as a bad guy in Avengers, then that shot meant that he was gonna blow some shit up!

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 10:22:03 AM »
Mathew Murdock would like a word with you all in private.

His movie was the best them.

(snicker)
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
Joss Whedon gets an eternal free pass based on two words.

1. Firefly.
2. Serenity.

I'm fine with him doing whatever.

This times a quadrillion

Also, from the OP, I've only seen Iron Man. Definitely need to catch up on this junk.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »
Must we get into this? Whedon was one of about 12 writers for Toy Story, so don't go wetting your pants. Buffy sucks shit. Always has, always will. Whedon's ENTIRE polish of X-Men was THROWN out for being trash. Only one line stayed in the film and its the worst line in the entire franchise (Take a guess which one)! I like Alien Resurrection, but even his dumb ass hates it, stating the director completely missed the point. Everything else is uncredited rewrites for a reason. His contributions didn't warrant him a credit by the writer's guild standard. People need to stop being puppets and worshipping the ground he walks on.

Oh yeah, his comics SUCK.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
Oh boy the 'ol Darkes7 argument of "you like this popular guy you must be sheeple!"  Only now its puppets.  Oh how times change. :P

Firefly and Serenity were enough to make me a Joss Whedon fanboy.  The man knows how to work with an ensemble cast.  Even in Serenity, which I saw in theaters with no knowledge of Firefly or its history, I was able to connect with every character.  None of them seemed like a "throwaway" character the way most mutants in X3, Wolverine, and First Class were.  So I have full faith that he can do the Avengers justice on the screen.  I've seen Buffy the show, its pretty good (though I haven't made it past season 1.  I've heard it gets better).  He was one of four writers for Toy Story according to wikipedia.  His Astonishing X-Men comics are very good.  The man can write for a lot of characters and write for them well. 

I can see someone calling him overrated, sure, but a hack?  Not at all.  He's a very talented person.  Dollhouse is my only mark against him. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
I actually liked Dollhouse, though I never got around to seeing season 2.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
Whedon's ENTIRE polish of X-Men was THROWN out for being trash. Only one line stayed in the film and its the worst line in the entire franchise (Take a guess which one)!

Actually, there are two.  The one you are referring to, and the best line in the whole movie:

[Cyclops thinks Wolverine may be the shape-shifting mutant Mystique]

Wolverine: Hey, hey- it's me!
Cyclops: Prove it.
Wolverine: You're a dick.
Cyclops: [pauses, considering] Okay.

I actually liked Dollhouse, though I never got around to seeing season 2.

Except for the first few episodes, which had a lot of studio interference, I thought Dollhouse was great. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »
Joss isn't responsible for that line from Storm to Toad is he?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
That was apparently meant to be tongue in cheek, but Halle Berry played it a tad seriously.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
That was apparently meant to be tongue in cheek, but Halle Berry played it a tad seriously.

Which is why it comes off as a bad line rather than a funny one, I think. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
Also Halle dropped her accent.  Why? 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC