Author Topic: Star Wars Discussion Thread v. Rogue One  (Read 463914 times)

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
Re: All Star Wars Discussion Thread
« Reply #490 on: January 25, 2011, 06:46:20 AM »
Maybe they'll just kill her off. 

I hope for this.

So do I. But it would be cool is she were turned to the dark side. Then Anakin would have to fight her. It could be a foreshadowing of events to come with him and Obi-Wan. Then again, if it did happen one would think he would learn from his mistakes. But he's also a douchebag and doesn't man up until he becomes Vader. I'm rambling.

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #491 on: January 25, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
Maybe they'll just kill her off. 

I hope for this.

So do I. But it would be cool is she were turned to the dark side. Then Anakin would have to fight her. It could be a foreshadowing of events to come with him and Obi-Wan. Then again, if it did happen one would think he would learn from his mistakes. But he's also a douchebag and doesn't man up until he becomes Vader. I'm rambling.

This discussion also really shouldn't be here, and for that I apologize. I don't know what I was thinking putting this in a thread that is supposed to be about Star Wars.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline Vivace

« Reply #492 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »
Well it is an All Star Wars discussion thread. If we were to apply your reasoning to the discussion of The Clone Wars then I should just shut about how much I hate George Lucas and his stupid prequels.  :P :coolio
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2011, 06:59:41 AM »
I know, obviously I was kidding. I just hate everything that has to do with the prequels.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #494 on: January 27, 2011, 02:59:17 AM »
I understand that as well, but shit, they're here to stay. So we might as well suck it up like men and ignore them.

But yeah, this discussion kinda belongs here because it has the name STAR WARS in it.

Then again, it might create a new thread of possibilities if it were to have enough attractors.

But also, I'm drunk.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #495 on: January 27, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
I love this show and I love the ode to Star Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVT0B3pPsa8&feature=player_embedded
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Vivace

« Reply #496 on: January 28, 2011, 12:10:26 AM »

I caught a few minutes of this show when I was delayed in Chicago. I liked what I saw and I do like Olyphant quite a bit. Man loves to play a Cowboy.  :coolio

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »

That was a cool trailer. And I'm a sucker for Star Wars. the only other thing I've seen that actor in though was 'The Crazies' remake. Great movie, but I've never seen the original.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »

That was a cool trailer. And I'm a sucker for Star Wars. the only other thing I've seen that actor in though was 'The Crazies' remake. Great movie, but I've never seen the original.

You mean Timothy Olyphant? He was one of the stars of Deadwood, which is pretty much the greatest drama TV show ever made.

:)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

You mean Timothy Olyphant? He was one of the stars of Deadwood, which is pretty much the greatest drama TV show ever made.

:)

Holy Crap! Adami lives. haven't seenyou in ages whats going on?

Online Adami

« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
Not a whole lot. But I post here very often. I haven't gone anywhere, I just stopped being mean and funny
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2011, 04:05:19 AM »
Well that doesn't sound anything like you. Usually you're on with your quips. But back on topic, my boss is getting into a fight with my other friend over a picture I uploaded for the Desktop thread.

It's a pic of Darth Vader from Soul Caliber 4 neck and neck with Mitsurugi, and he's saying Vader's saber should have split him in half instead of being held back.
He's like hardcore nerd for Star Wars. Puts me to shame.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2011, 02:59:38 PM »
A wizard did it. I love it when nerds fight. I dunno, I just get fascinated at the amount of knowledge these guys have over a topic and find a way to miraculous convert it all into a doctoral thesis, all because their Paladin SHOULD be able to cast Shout while leaping onto his horse or because my light saber SHOULD split your rogue into two.  :corn

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »
A wizard did it.

The answer to everything.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
Olyphant reminds me of a younger, better acting Bill Paxton.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #505 on: May 13, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
Reporting from Walt Disney World in sunny Orlando, Fl:

Star Wars Weekends is just around the corner, and it's going to be the biggest SWW in a very long time. Mostly because of the opening of:

It's going to be massive, especially on opening weekend. Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios (it will forever be The Disney-MGM Studios to me) was created because of the original Star Tours.

So for those who never heard of Star Tours, it's a motion-sim ride that is located at Disneyland in California, and Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Fl. The concept that a droid named Rex (who was voiced by Paul Ruebens) who, on his first flight with the Star Tours starspeeder, will take you on a tour of Endor, but you never get there because going into hyperspace, he completely misses Endor, and runs into a meteor shower. After getting out of that mess, the starspeeder gets trapped into a tractor beam in the middle of the Battle of Yavin from A New Hope. Then you go throught the Death Star trench and watch it blow up.

BTW for those who don't know, im castmember at DHS over at The Great Movie Ride. Maybe I probably was your Tour Guide on a magical journey into the movies, or I hijacked your vehicle as 1930s gangster or Western bandit

Pretty sweet gig

For it's time, Star Tours was the most popular motion-sim ride of all time. Then in August of last year, it was shut down with a big bang of an event called "Last Tour To Endor". I happened to have met Mark Hamill that night as I was his gangster. He said I have a great gangster voice. THIS IS COMING FROM THE JOKER!!!!

Starting May 20th, Star Tours will reopen to the world (we open before Disneyland. Sorry Cali) with a new ride system, which includes an improved motion simulator, new high-definition video with high def 3-D.

There was a castmember preview for this attraction, and i got to ride it a couple times.

First of all, it's amazing. This is the best thing George Lucas has done for Star Wars since releasing the originals that werent touched with Special Edition on the label on DVD. I had expectation coming onto this ride, and it exceeded them.

This new ride will take place during events between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Because of this, the Starspeeders which used to be the "3000" model is now the "1000" because of the earlier timeline. And it's not a tour to Endor. You fly through Hoth, Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, and Dagobah. Your destination is random. Rex isnt your pilot (the queue gives a nice shout out to him though), but C-3PO is.... when he wasn't suppose to be. And that all im gonna give you about that plotline.

I know you saw 3D in my description but it's not like some sort of hokey in your face gag like Captain EO or Muppets 3Dvision. It's 3D in the sense that you see massive depth of field in the picture quality. Everything looked sharp and real. The space sequences had my mouth dropped to the floor. I was completely blown away.

The technology they use for this attractions makes Star Tours the most superior motion-simulator i have ever been on. It completely blows the original out of the water in terms of theming and entertainment.

Opening day on May 20th, there's gonna be a massive media event. George Lucas, Mark Hamill, and Peter Mayhew will be there. Major news networks are reported to sending reporters and journalists out here for this thing.

This will be the biggest opening attraction in Walt Disney World history. I will report to you guys the mass hysteria that will be coming here.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #506 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »
Have we gotten ANY new news about the live-action series? It feels like it's been cooking in the oven forever...
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Online Adami

« Reply #507 on: May 13, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
Have we gotten ANY new news about the live-action series? It feels like it's been cooking in the oven forever...

Pretty sure it's dead.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #508 on: May 14, 2011, 01:24:31 AM »
*snip*

One of my favorite rides as a kid and I'm glad they kept it kinda true. I really need to go back to Disney some time soon.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #509 on: May 14, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
I guess today is George Lucas's birthday, and if this has got to be the coolest picture ever: https://www.rebelscum.com/2011/hayfordgeorgebday.jpg

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »
Holy fuck

Im up at 3am for Star Wars Weekends. Not only am I working at some point today (The Great Movie Ride THEN managing the 4 hour queue we will have for the grand opening of Star Tours), but I will be experiencing what is expected to be a historic opening day for Walt Disney World, the 2011 Star Weekends, and the grand opening of Star Tours. There will be a big press event at 10.

George Lucas himself will be there will Bob Iger, the current president of the Walt Disney Company. Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Peter Mayhew will be there as well.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is by no means a big theme park. Our capacity limit is 55k. We are predicted to have 58k. I'm going to have to park at Epcot and there will be a bus to take us poor unfortunate castmembers backstage of DHS so we can go to work.

This is huge. Lucas does not come out of his cave at Skywalker Ranch for SW Conventions, but he'll come out here for this historic day. I wonder if he'll swing by to check out his other Disney brainchild, Captain EO.

So im planning on filmming the whole thing and taking pictures, which ill share as soon as I can.

Also, Rock N Roller Coaster  feat Aersomith may have short wait time because crazy people will wait 4 hours for Star Tours. Win.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
That sounds awesome!  Star Tours was one of my favorite rides as a kid.  I kind of want to go on this one now...

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »
Alright, you've got me hyped!  Accel, would you have any idea when Disneyland's Star Tours is reopening? 

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
I recently got into a Star Wars vs. Star Trek discussion with some fellow film study friends.  They were convinced Star Trek was just as big.  I set them straight.

Long story short: Star Wars is awesome.  Long live Star Wars  :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2011, 07:00:13 AM »
I recently got into a Star Wars vs. Star Trek discussion with some fellow film study friends.  They were convinced Star Trek was just as big.  I set them straight.

Long story short: Star Wars is awesome.  Long live Star Wars  :metal
Just as big?  Not a chance.  But given Episodes 1-3, the whole of Star Trek is preferable to the whole of Star Wars.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2011, 07:35:20 AM »
If you take the Original Series by itself, Star Trek is better than Star Wars.  Otherwise it doesn't hold a candle.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online Adami

« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
Star Trek as a whole is way better than Star Wars as a whole.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
The original Star Tours was awesome. Kind of upset they closed it down since it was such a huge part of my childhood, but hopefully one day I'll get to check out the new ride.

This is the one in Florida right?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »
Why didn't Obi Wan recognize R2D2 and C3PO when they showed up at his cave on Tatooine?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
Why didn't Obi Wan recognize R2D2 and C3PO when they showed up at his cave on Tatooine?

I don't think he had a lot of dealings with 3PO before hand, so after 18 or whatever years, it's likely he just forgot. But R2, I dunno. Maybe he didn't know it was R2 as opposed to a traditional protocol droid? Was it announced as R2 to him? I haven't seen the movies in a while, and I've sworn to wait till the blu rays are released to watch them again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »
I'd hunt down the VHS tapes, myself.   As I understand it, Lucas plans to adulterate the blueray releases even further.   I'm watching the original trilogy this weekend, and the additions are pretty annoying.  Among other things, he completely replaced Jaba's band with something much more campy and cartoonish for the kiddos.  It really changes the whole tone and feel of Jaba's lair, and therefore the rescue operation.   Making crappy movies doesn't seem to be enough for the man.  He's got to go back and crap up the old ones, too. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Adami

« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
I'd hunt down the VHS tapes, myself.   As I understand it, Lucas plans to adulterate the blueray releases even further.   I'm watching the original trilogy this weekend, and the additions are pretty annoying.  Among other things, he completely replaced Jaba's band with something much more campy and cartoonish for the kiddos.  It really changes the whole tone and feel of Jaba's lair, and therefore the rescue operation.   Making crappy movies doesn't seem to be enough for the man.  He's got to go back and crap up the old ones, too. 

Yes he did. But I can use that time to get a drink or something. I don't have the rage for the changes like most people do so I don't mind most of them,  but I mostly just want the bluray quality.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »

Alzheimer's?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #523 on: May 22, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »

I'm sure they aren't perfect, but the Laserdisk rips that were officially released get the job done.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #524 on: May 25, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
*Snip*

scratch that. There was a disturbance in the force

Happy 34th Anniversary Star Wars!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:44:26 PM by Accelerando »