Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214378 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1995 on: February 24, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
I think it was easier and cheaper to just acknowledge him than to go out and edit the shitton of PPV's he was in.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1996 on: February 24, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
I think it was easier and cheaper to just acknowledge him than to go out and edit the shitton of PPV's he was in.

Bingo.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1997 on: February 24, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »
I was just kidding! :lol

At least that's one less bit of WWE revisionist history to worry about, but I'm sure they're still making plenty of changes.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1998 on: February 24, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
I am really not looking forward to Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1999 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
I am really not looking forward to Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. 

It has the potential to be a good match, but I think it will probably end up a bit of a stinker. They could have chosen a much better matchup, but they could also have chosen worse I suppose.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2000 on: February 24, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
My main concern is that they're going to have to water down Brock Lesnar to make the match work.  His offense is typically very high-impact, and I'm not sure how many bumps like that Undertaker can take at his age without risking injury.  That's one of the main reason I liked Dolph Ziggler as a possible opponent for Taker; his offense is much lighter, and those two could have a prolonged match with much risk of Taker getting hurt.  But Lesnar, on the other hand, is supposed to be a brutal animal, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of an aging Undertaker trying to sell a vicious beating from a brutal animal.  I'm afraid that either the match won't last very long, or Lesnar will have to be pretty restricted on his offense. 

I hope to be proven wrong, though.  Maybe Undertaker's healthier than I give him credit for and they'll be able to put on a great match. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2001 on: February 24, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
I have the same concerns. Lesnar is a big power guy. Hopefully this match doesn't take too much out of Taker.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2002 on: February 24, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »
So, they are really sticking with Orton/Batista, while Bryan gets stuck in a match with HHH? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

What an awful card for WM 30.

Stupid crap like that is why I would never order the WWE Network.  Vince McMahon ain't getting ANY of my money.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2003 on: February 24, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
If they go with Orton vs Batista and Triple H vs Bryan, that's fine. But I would like to see a stipulation that if Bryan wins his match at WM, he gets a title shot that same night at WM against the winner of Orton/Batista.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2004 on: February 24, 2014, 11:55:44 PM »
But I would like to see a stipulation that if Bryan wins his match at WM, he gets a title shot that same night at WM against the winner of Orton/Batista.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2005 on: February 25, 2014, 12:49:47 AM »
So, they are really sticking with Orton/Batista, while Bryan gets stuck in a match with HHH? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

What an awful card for WM 30.

On the plus side, the crowd is gonna let them have it, as they have since the Rumble.

Of course that's little consolation for HHH running everything into the ground.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2006 on: February 25, 2014, 02:12:34 AM »
Brock Lesnar can destroy the "world's strongest man" but Old Man Taker is a threat?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2007 on: February 25, 2014, 05:24:31 AM »
I just watched the PPV. The Shield vs the Wyatts was a great match. All of the Shield members could go on to bigger things, so they better not waste what they're building up there.

The Batista match was hilarious. Despite having whatshisface come out like a scumbag and beat the crap out of Batista before the match to make Batista the underdog, the crowd still booed the hell out of him from the very first move. I love it. BOOTISTA!

The elimination chamber match was great too, and made pretty much everyone look good. Despite the loss, it felt like they were building up Bryan, so I don't understand what the go is with WM at all.

And Bray Wyatt sucks. I don't know why he's getting such a push, and why he's seemingly involved in everything. Even the other misc Wyatts put on a better show.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2008 on: February 25, 2014, 06:18:41 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to agree with that. Wyatt has a good gimmick, but Harper is by far the best wrestler of the three and his promos sound like a bunch of nonsense most of the time.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2009 on: February 25, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't at this point, but when that gong hits, I get goosebumps. Every, single, time.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2010 on: February 25, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Yeah, I don't get the love for Bray Wyatt either.  Okay, his promos are pretty good sometimes, but that is largely because he has been given a good gimmick.  In the ring, he is very limited, as seen last night where even Reigns didn't look as great as usual in their singles match because Wyatt being a huge fat ass prevents him from doing high-intensity, fast spots, which have been the specialty of the whole Shield.  Basically, the entire Wyatt family looks like a bunch of out of shape rednecks who make you think, "What are these guys doing in a wrestling ring?"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2011 on: February 25, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
Uncle Elmer's kids?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2012 on: February 25, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »

And Bray Wyatt sucks. I don't know why he's getting such a push, and why he's seemingly involved in everything. Even the other misc Wyatts put on a better show.

I'd encourage you to watch Bray's match against Daniel Bryan from the Royal Rumble. I get that anyone can have a good match with Bryan, but Bray was fantastic in it.

I do like Luke Harper as well. He's a bit underrated.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2013 on: February 25, 2014, 06:42:29 PM »

I'd encourage you to watch Bray's match against Daniel Bryan from the Royal Rumble. I get that anyone can have a good match with Bryan, but Bray was fantastic in it.

I do like Luke Harper as well. He's a bit underrated.

I saw that match, and it was ALL Bryan. It annoyed me that the commentators were gushing the whole time about how great Wyatt was, when Bryan 100% carried that match.
It was a good match, but only because Wyatt didn't botch anything up while Bryan wrestled around him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:55:46 PM by BlobVanDam »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2014 on: February 25, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
That's true, Bryan carried that match. Wyatt had a few good spots, but there were few and far in between compared to Bryan.

That running cross body block thing he does looks awesome though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2015 on: February 25, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
Daniel Bryan can make anyone look good.  I remember him having a match with Ryback last summer where even he looked good (and his matches are usually snorefests!) because of Bryan. :lol :lol

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2016 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:56 AM »
Is the title of this thread ever going to be updated?

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2017 on: February 26, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »
Yeah, we're a year off lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2018 on: February 26, 2014, 07:23:21 AM »
This is the only place that I don't see universal admiration for Bray Wyatt. I don't get it. Oh well.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2019 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
Well, wrestlings fans are pretty notorious for just lapping up whatever Vince throws their way - although it seems like lately that more and more are not, hence the backlash regarding the snoozer of a main event on the slate for WM30 - so I am not surprised that Wyatt is getting this supposed universal admiration of which you speak.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2020 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
Well, wrestlings fans are pretty notorious for just lapping up whatever Vince throws their way - although it seems like lately that more and more are not, hence the backlash regarding the snoozer of a main event on the slate for WM30 - so I am not surprised that Wyatt is getting this supposed universal admiration of which you speak.

When I say something, there's nothing supposed about it.

Chris Butler
Bray Wyatt's ability as a wrestler.... your opinion?
Like ·  · Share · 6 hours ago
Seen by 38
Westin Owens and 3 others like this.

Raymond Alexander Hargrove His only bad match was with Kane... I think as of now he's fair. But I'd have to see more of him.
6 hours ago · Like · 1

Brandon B-smilele Rodgers Bray is a Beast, he's 1 of the only guys that I've seen lately actually still doing wrestling holds... Follow the Buzzards..
6 hours ago · Like

James Fraley He's amazing and plays his Role So well
6 hours ago · Like

Bridgett Barnett Hate his ass
6 hours ago · Like

Chris Butler So you hate his ability as a wrestler?
6 hours ago · Like

Vam Williams hes great all around
5 hours ago · Like

Jacob Mayberry He's great, Samoa Joe with a character
5 hours ago · Like

Brandon B-smilele Rodgers If you hate Bray Wyatt.. Then you hate Wrestling Bridgett Barnett
5 hours ago · Like

Brandon B-smilele Rodgers Bray is 1 of the guys that make the show good enough to watch
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Wayne Roberts His in ring ability was truly showcased at the chamber. Mike Rotonda is his dad so it stands to reason he is geared more for the dramatic and brutal while preforming. His moves are suited for his body type and can make you believe that he is playing coy until it is time to strike. It is a really really hard skill to master effectively. I think his in ring work is a great supplement to his character. He currently is a B+ preformer. But we have yet to see him truly go. It's all positive imo.
4 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Jin Plasky He's a big guy with that (as Jim Ross put it) that "third gear." I like him. Obviously, he can't fully be that technical marvel the IWC wants in every wrestler ever, but he's still real damn entertaining.
3 hours ago · Like · 2

Abdul Jones I have yet to see him have a bad match. And whoever came up with the Wyatt family idea give them a raise.
3 hours ago · Like

Starchaser He is more of a brawler but the guy is talented he just needs more time to shine.
3 hours ago · Like

Not "universal" praise... but still... a lot more credit than he's given here.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2021 on: February 26, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »
The problem is that his gimmick is all he's got.  And he was given that, and having a great gimmick can only take you so far if you aren't great in the ring or on the mic.  Hell, Undertaker is easily the greatest gimmick ever, but he was already a good brawler in the ring when he was Mean Mark Callous in WCW in 1990. He just needed the right packaging and gimmick to totally get over, and the Undertaker one was it.  I don't see Bray Wyatt being anything more than a gimmick that will fade away sooner rather than later.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2022 on: February 26, 2014, 02:19:10 PM »
That's precisely why I solicited opinions of his wrestling ability, which is to say all gimmicks aside.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2023 on: February 26, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »
I'm somewhere in between.  I don't quite understand the massive amounts of love Wyatt gets on other sites I frequent, but I definitely don't agree with the dismissive opinion people seem to hold of him here, either.  I think as an in-ring performer he ranges from decent to good, with the potential to be great.  As a character, I think the gimmick is pretty awesome and he does a great job in the role. 

So, yeah.  I'm not totally sold on him at this point, but I think he has some talent for sure. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2024 on: February 26, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
Kev -  weren't you the one that was upset that Bryan never got his revenge on HHH? And it was a shame that Bryan wasn't getting the push he deserved? Bryan is getting his shot at Wrestlemania, not to mention in HHH's first match in a long time. What are you complaining about? Could Bryan have a better match?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2025 on: February 26, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
Kev -  weren't you the one that was upset that Bryan never got his revenge on HHH? And it was a shame that Bryan wasn't getting the push he deserved? Bryan is getting his shot at Wrestlemania, not to mention in HHH's first match in a long time. What are you complaining about? Could Bryan have a better match?

I'm not Kev, but I'll offer my take on the situation. WWE Creative force dusting off and feeding Batista down our throats when they have someone on the roster that is getting the biggest pops that this company has seen in years is a slap in the face to the fan base. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and many others "deserved" that spot which was handed to Batista, and for what, because Batista has a movie coming out?

Having Bryan face Triple H at WM seems like a consolation prize. Wrestling for the Top Title in the main event is what Daniel Bryan's hard work and popularity warranted, not this mess with Triple H. It's just a way for Triple H to assure himself of being in one of the best matches on the card. Personally, I'd rather have seen Daniel Bryan vs. Kane at Mania (if he wasn't to get that title shot).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2026 on: February 26, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »
I was never upset.  Let's be serious. :lol

I just think the natural progression of the storyline should have seen Bryan get revenge on HHH for the way he screwed him over for months last summer and fall, but it never happen, and the Bryan/HHH match is only happening now because Punk left and HHH, being the attention whore that he is, just has to have a match.  It reminds me of two years ago when Kevin Nash, HHH's buddy, cost Punk the title at SummerSlam, yet Punk was never allowed to get any revenge on Nash.  No, HHH had to throw himself in the middle of the Punk storyline, which was huge, and not only beat Punk for no apparent reason, but also had to be the guy to beat Nash, instead of letting Punk get his revenge.  It's lame.

Even if HHH does shock us all and put Bryan over, who cares?  If that is all Bryan does at Wrestlemania, it's not enough.  When the guy who has been your best and most exciting star of the year is not in the main event of WM, that is epic fail, especially when that main event is occupied by a guy who just came back and is clearly not in ring shape.  It's not only a slap in the face to Bryan and the fans, but to the entire locker room.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2027 on: February 27, 2014, 05:24:40 AM »
just my two cents but no one knows how Bryan really feels...he may love the push as the underdog who just cant seem to get over the hump

there is much more drama with a guy chasing and chasing his dream , than someone who achieves his dream and has nowhere to go from there

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2028 on: February 27, 2014, 06:53:42 AM »
just my two cents but no one knows how Bryan really feels...

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Bryan in the main event.  I think he deserves a WWE title run, and if he won the championship, I'd cheer as loud as the next guy.   But I think it's a little silly that so many wrestling fans are so obsessed with the idea.  People seem to think that if a wrestler isn't headlining Wrestlemania or winning the title, he's getting 'buried', but it's really not that simple.  The truth is, there are quite a few guys in the WWE Hall of Fame that never headlined Wrestlemania or won the WWE title at all. 

Bottom line, Daniel Bryan may not be the WWE champion or the 'face of the WWE', but he still has a lot going for him.  And when he hears thousands of people screaming his name, I hope he's thinking "damn, this is awesome," not "damn, why am I not in the main event?!?" 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #2029 on: February 27, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
Bryan should be in the main event and win the belt at WM. Period. This would be like if they spent all of 1998 building up Austin, only to bring Ahmed Johnson back to fight Mankind at Mania.

I they close WM with Batista/Orton I guarantee you atleast 30% of the viewers will just turn it off. I know I will.