Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214527 times)

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1365 on: April 08, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »
So I missed an amazing crowd?
Welp Chose a wrong day to quit WWE. But not really, Cena is still there being all status quo as fuck. Glad for Ziggyman tho, I'm gonna look for the clip on youtube.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1366 on: April 08, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »
Dude, the crowd was so worth watching Raw! Even when the only boring match happened (Sheamus/Orton) the crowd more than made up for it!!

Also, Ziggler used to date comedian Amy Schumer and I love that she did this: https://twitter.com/amyschumer/status/321432944197656576
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1367 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
Isn't she the one who said in an interview that sex with Ziggler was difficult because he was too athletic? :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1368 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »
I think the quote was that she broke up with him because the sex was too athletic. :lol

Wouldn't that be the best possible break up you could have??? :rollin
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1369 on: April 08, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »
It's nice that she actually watches wrestling. She wans Zigglers D back.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1370 on: April 08, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1371 on: April 09, 2013, 04:46:38 AM »
reports yesterday was that Punk injured his leg pretty badly, when he gave the flying elbow to the Taker on the announcer table and the table didn't collapse as planned...insiders were shocked he was able to continue the match as well as he did
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1372 on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:02 AM »

Ryback has balls. He always speaks his mind. In interviews he said The Rock and Cena basically need to fuck off, because is time for the new comers.
And flipping off the Main Man of the company on a PG show on live television requires Balls. Respect.

In other new a friend of mine showed me a video of the crowd singing Fandango's theme. Amazing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1373 on: April 09, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »

Ryback has balls. He always speaks his mind. In interviews he said The Rock and Cena basically need to fuck off, because is time for the new comers.
And flipping off the Main Man of the company on a PG show on live television requires Balls. Respect.

I really hope the office was paying close attention, cause when your brand new WWE champion gets laid out flat and the crowd cheers the hell out of the guy that put him there, then I think the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1374 on: April 09, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »

I really hope the office was paying close attention, cause when your brand new WWE champion gets laid out flat and the crowd cheers the hell out of the guy that put him there, then I think the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Naw, they'll just book Ryback as a heel and have Superman Cena overcome him while giving the crowd that "gee whiz" smile, like he has for eight years.

I actually feel bad for Cena. He HAS to be tired of playing that stale ass character, that interview he did about not being able to turn heel notwithstanding. That reeked of company bottom line bullshit to me, not what Cena actually wants.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1375 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »

Keep in mind that this was in NJ, who has one of the smartest crowds in wrestling. I don't think WWE will put a lot of stock into that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1376 on: April 09, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »
You also have to factor in that a lot of people probably traveled for both the Wrestlemania and RAW shows, so you had more "smart marks" at both shows. And they were louder last night cause a smaller arena is gonna make the crowd noise more contained, as opposed to an open air stadium, thus it will be louder on television.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1377 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
I wasn't really feeling Fandango at all, apart from knowing Johnny Jeter was a really good athlete they way WWE stalled his in ring debut really made me not care for him...

BUT, that crowd last night, dat fuckin' crowd!

After Raw is off the air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3X6SOc-1nfY#!

On the trains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8rif1Bu8CD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L8_9BpmFWoA

Yeah, I'm rooting for him now

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1378 on: April 09, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »
"Every Internet wrestling fan has been preaching about all of the Superstars they want to see pushed and all of the matches they would love to see. The era of the WWE Universe may have been ushered in during a Monday Night Raw in New Jersey. After a lackluster WrestleMania, it was a godsend.

Let's just hope Greenville, S.C., matches the intensity next week. New Jersey can't do this alone."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599093-raw-review-how-wwe-possibly-ushered-in-a-new-era-on-monday-night-raw

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1379 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRpdVFXRshQ

I've literally watched that about 4 times now, because a) Ziggy finally cashed in and b) that fucking pop!

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: April 10, 2013, 05:10:00 AM »
Anyone up to making a list of all the chants throughout the night?
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1381 on: April 10, 2013, 05:16:44 AM »
Anyone up to making a list of all the chants throughout the night?

I saw a video on Youtube the other day that had them all compiled, but unfortunately it's been taken down now. That might be your best best to find something similar though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1382 on: April 10, 2013, 07:13:32 AM »
The Undertaker was said to be doing fine after WrestleMania 29, considering his physical condition. Despite the tease with The Shield on RAW, word is that he isn't expected to wrestle anytime soon.

* Fandango comes out next. Many fans are singing his theme song again but not nearly as many as RAW. Fandango stays at ringside to watch tonight's main event.

Hoping this is a sign that it's going to catch on with every crowd like the YES chants.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1383 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »
Speaking of injuries...
CM Punk was reportedly hurting badly following his match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 last night. Punk did a spot during the match where he jumped off the top rope with a flying elbow onto The Undertaker and the announcers table - which didn't break.

Many backstage were shocked Punk could continue the match at the pace he did. WWE is well aware that Punk has nagging injuries and is burnt out (even by his own admission) so expect to see him on a reduced schedule going forward for a while.

From a recent interview with the Busted Open Radio Show on Sirius 92:

"I think I have a real problem with admitting if I'm burnt out or anything like that. That's just based off my work ethic. I don't ever admit when I'm hurt and I don't think a lot of the great guys have, because the show is going to go on. Obviously I'm miles away from where I was in the indies where if I didn't work I didn't eat and it's not a fact that I'm worried about losing my spot or anything like that. This is just all I know; just go, go, go. That's just me. I put so much pressure on myself so I think that it all kind of stems from that. Am I burnt out? Probably. It's difficult for me to even say that, maybe, maybe I am."

If you rewatch the match (yes, it can be found on YT already), his leg clearly was bothering him for the rest of the match following that elbow drop to the table. 

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1384 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
Speaking of more injuries Triple H wrestled with 2nd degree burns at WM.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1385 on: April 10, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
I saw the crap on him during the entrance and figured it was residue from the stuff he walked through, but I thought it was just suds or foam or something. But it did look like he hesitated for a moment before continuing his entrance, so OUCH.

Considering how awful his match was, I wish he'd just stopped right there, but I guess good on him for being enough of a trooper to continue the match.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1386 on: April 10, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
So a burn victim and a knocked out guy wrestled a match... no wonder it was so clunky.

I don't remember them all but some of the chants from Monday:

ECW
JBL
RVD
Michael Cole
Jerry
End this match
Thank you Big Show
One more chair
We are awesome
Bullshit
Same old shit
Sexual chocolate

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1387 on: April 10, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
So a burn victim and a knocked out guy wrestled a match... no wonder it was so clunky.

I don't remember them all but some of the chants from Monday:

ECW
JBL
RVD
Michael Cole
Jerry
End this match
Thank you Big Show
One more chair
We are awesome
Bullshit
Same old shit
Sexual chocolate

OLE  OLE

And Singing Fandango's enterance music as well
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1388 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »
Mike Chioda
HBK
Goldberg
We want Ziggler
Holy Shit
Undertaker
USA

I believe thats the rest of them could be missing 1 or 2 though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1389 on: April 10, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
Let's not forget:

Randy Savage

What was amazing was that Jerry Lawler verbally acknowledged that chant, as you know Vince tells them not to mention him since they never acknowledge that CM Punk's flying elbow drop is his tribute to him.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1390 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
Let's not forget:

Randy Savage

What was amazing was that Jerry Lawler verbally acknowledged that chant, as you know Vince tells them not to mention him since they never acknowledge that CM Punk's flying elbow drop is his tribute to him.

So what really is the deal with Vince's macho hate. I don't put much stock into the Stephanie rumors, but I would think the catalyst would be more than just the slim jim thing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1391 on: April 10, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
It's probably one of the two things, but reliable sources said Vince was very hurt when Savage bailed on him and went to WCW in the mid 90s.  But it is Vince's own damn fault.  He had one of the best in-ring talents the business has ever seen and he was wasting him by having him do color commentary instead of actually wrestling. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  The fact that Vince didn't induct Savage the last two years, after his death in May 2011, just shows how petty and small he is.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1392 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
No it doesn't Vince wanted to induct Randy but his brother said he had to induct the whole family with him so thats why he didn't.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1393 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
Because that apparently was Randy's wishes, to induct the Poffos, not Macho Man.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1394 on: April 10, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »
Thanks for the chants, guys. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1395 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
Stumbled across this, this morning and got a good chuckle

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1396 on: April 11, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »
Fandango got chokeslammed by Daniel Bryan on the Smackdown tapings! :lol

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1397 on: April 11, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
Well I'd rather see that than Undertaker vs John Cena.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1398 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:43 PM »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1399 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »
Looks like the lame crowds and awful storylines are back already, neither of which is a surprise.  Someone let me know when CM Punk comes back.