Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 220799 times)

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #595 on: March 20, 2011, 09:17:08 AM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is confirmed to play Alberto Falcone, son of Carmine Falcone..........goddammit, my excitement is building soooooo much for this film!!!!!
So pumped!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #596 on: March 20, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
Idk....it hasn't been confirmed by WB or Nolan....so Alberto Falcone might be a rumor. Hope not, though!

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #597 on: March 20, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
Boner killer.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #598 on: March 20, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
Hell No! This just makes my boner bigger. Even a rumor makes me go from six to midnight.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
I don't think that's what ariich is saying at all.  I think he's just baffled by emin saying Two-Face was introduced in the last quarter of the movie.  He wasn't.  One of the major story arcs thoughout the entire film was his stransformation into 2F.  The fact that the transformation didn't happen until the end doesn't somehow equate to him appearing out of nowhere.  Significant time was spent from the very beginning developing the story that would enable his transformation.
Did Two-Face appeared in the Hospital scene, yes or no? Was he there before that scene? Why do you try to make things so complicated? Your last sentence, I don't agree.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
I don't think that's what ariich is saying at all.  I think he's just baffled by emin saying Two-Face was introduced in the last quarter of the movie.  He wasn't.  One of the major story arcs thoughout the entire film was his stransformation into 2F.  The fact that the transformation didn't happen until the end doesn't somehow equate to him appearing out of nowhere.  Significant time was spent from the very beginning developing the story that would enable his transformation.
Did Two-Face appeared in the Hospital scene, yes or no? Was he there before that scene? Why do you try to make things so complicated? Your last sentence, I don't agree.

You're not understanding bosk's post.  Harvey Dent is Two-Face.  Harvey Dent appears within the first 15-20 minutes of a 220 minute movie.  It's not like in the last quarter of the movie Two-Face just appears and kills people.  The whole movie built up to it.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »

You're not understanding bosk's post.  Harvey Dent is Two-Face.  Harvey Dent appears within the first 15-20 minutes of a 220 minute movie.  It's not like in the last quarter of the movie Two-Face just appears and kills people.  The whole movie built up to it.
Yep, I've always thought that The Dark Knight was basically the story of how Harvey Dent became Two-Face.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:18 PM »
Yep, I've always thought that The Dark Knight was basically the story of how Harvey Dent became Two-Face.

Structurally, you're right.  Dent suffers more pain than Batman (although this is kinda arguable), goes through more change, and does more to move the plot.  He's not the main character or the viewpoint character, but he is the protagonist.  The story turns on him.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »

Structurally, you're right.  Dent suffers more pain than Batman (although this is kinda arguable), goes through more change, and does more to move the plot.  He's not the main character or the viewpoint character, but he is the protagonist.  The story turns on him.
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. He's basically the only dynamic character in the film and everything important in the movie either involves or affect him.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #605 on: March 26, 2011, 05:20:33 AM »
Count me in, that's always been my view as well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #606 on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »

Structurally, you're right.  Dent suffers more pain than Batman (although this is kinda arguable), goes through more change, and does more to move the plot.  He's not the main character or the viewpoint character, but he is the protagonist.  The story turns on him.
I'll argue with this (just for the sake of discussion). Yeah, Dent may have suffered physical pain and lost the woman he wanted to marry, but Batman lost the only woman he's ever wanted to be with in his life, lost his one hope for being 'normal' with the death of Dent, and now is even more of a criminal and douchebag in the eyes of Gotham. We also see him test how far he'll go for justice, and see the extent of his faith in the people of Gotham (ferries). Dent just kinda went nuts when his fiancee died, with Batman it's all shades of grey and a constant struggle between insanity and righteousness. I think he's crossed the line more than once in these movies and that's what makes him a dynamic character.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #607 on: March 26, 2011, 07:30:27 AM »
I'm with Pirate.  Batman has always been on the edge of doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.  Crossing that line.  He always walks that fine line.   Movie fans love to watch the bad guy, not the hero and that includes myself.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: March 26, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »

Because I can, I'm going to watch it again. Somehow, I always felt that it was a bit... odd how Harvey suddenly turned into a maniacal character.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
Somehow, I always felt that it was a bit... odd how Harvey suddenly turned into a maniacal character.
Losing the love of your life would do crazy things to a person. But yes, I would have liked to have seen a slightly more gradual transformation.

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #610 on: March 26, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
Somehow, I always felt that it was a bit... odd how Harvey suddenly turned into a maniacal character.
Losing the love of your life would do crazy things to a person. But yes, I would have liked to have seen a slightly more gradual transformation.

Yeah it's a little more compressed than I would've liked, but it worked better after multiple viewings for me.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #611 on: March 26, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »
To be fair, I think the attempt at his life helped too. (On the Maroni trial)

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #612 on: April 19, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
Roles of JGL and Cotillard revealed:

https://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162748p1.html
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #613 on: April 19, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
Good. I'm glad they're aren't playing major characters, especially DC characters

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »
I'm over-obsessing with this film, to the point where it's unhealthy lol. I think about it every day and the possibilities and what it's gonna be like. The sad part is that they haven't even started filming the thing, so technically, I'm obsessing over something that doesn't even exist haha.

Bottom line, I've never been more excited about a movie than this one!

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #615 on: April 20, 2011, 02:41:05 AM »

Did you not pay attention to the film? There are plenty of hints of Dent's descent. The most glaring being him holding the gun to the Arkham inmates head and flipping his coin. This is really the first time you see Two-Face, and this is before the accident. The loss of Rachel and the experience of literally losing his identity, plus the coaxing from the Joker put him in the circumstance where he forever crossed the line. "Why should I hide who I really am?" - He stated it himself. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Sooner or later, it was bound to catch up. The tragedy stems from his unavoidable fate.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #616 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:07 AM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is confirmed to play Alberto Falcone, son of Carmine Falcone..........goddammit, my excitement is building soooooo much for this film!!!!!
:neverusethis:

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 20, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
I feel like Nolan is going overboard by hiring every actor from Inception. Oh well. I probably won't even care when the movie comes out!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
I'm over-obsessing with this film, to the point where it's unhealthy lol. I think about it every day and the possibilities and what it's gonna be like. The sad part is that they haven't even started filming the thing, so technically, I'm obsessing over something that doesn't even exist haha.

There there...it's all right. It'll be okay.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »
Wow.  18 pages.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

There there...it's all right. It'll be okay.

But I want iitttt!! Nowww!! lol

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for fadetoblackdude7!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
 :lol :lol :rollin :lol :lol

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »
Bro, when did your hair get longer??  :lol

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #624 on: May 20, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
stolen from proglerock over in five8.

DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #625 on: May 20, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
stolen from proglerock over in five8.

I assume that's Tom Hardy as Bane?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #626 on: May 20, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
Is that real?

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #627 on: May 20, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
yup, it's real, it's bane from the darkknightrises.com where there is a soundbyte that spells out #thefirerises, on twitter they have a page that makes a collage of pics that makes that.

elaborate marketing is back to waste my time to no end.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
Yeah, but before the collage was finished on Twitter, they released the pictured on Facebook. :lol

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
lol early jitters, i'm sure they will tighten it up soon. that shit was impossible last time around.