Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 221535 times)

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #735 on: August 05, 2011, 06:15:56 AM »
I don't think Nolan likes 3D. And why would that get you to see it? 3D is worthless.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #736 on: August 05, 2011, 06:16:15 AM »
Also, I agree with Jamesman + lordxizor.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #737 on: August 05, 2011, 06:21:46 AM »

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #738 on: August 05, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »
Nolan said it will not be in 3D, and agreed with the studio based on that. They probably agreed to one last movie and want to restart the franchise in 3D with fuckin glitter and nipples to run it to the ground again.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #739 on: August 05, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »
Nolan likes IMAX not 3D......WB wanted Inception to be in 3D but he said no.....cause he doesn't fuck around!!!  :tup

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #740 on: August 05, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that she'll likely have multiple outfits throughout the film, some of which will have more Catwoman like features. At least I hope. Cuz my reaction was the same as everyone else's: that sucks :P

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #741 on: August 05, 2011, 10:41:04 AM »
I heard that she will have a mask/cowl at some point in the movie according to batman-news.com. She better not team up with batman, cause that'll just be retarded.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #742 on: August 05, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »
I heard that she will have a mask/cowl at some point in the movie according to batman-news.com. She better not team up with batman, cause that'll just be retarded.
Umm... why?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #743 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
Catwoman is an anti-hero and teams up with Batman often in the comics. There's nothing wrong with it. My guess is she steals the cycle. She's a master thief. That's her deal. In fact the Catwoman name stems from the fact that she's an exceptional cat-burglar.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #744 on: August 05, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
Catwoman is an anti-hero and teams up with Batman often in the comics.
Yep. That. So, how's that retarded, FTBD?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Idk, I just think Batman should work alone in this trilogy, but don't go by me.......I'm weird lol.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
I'm fine with Batman working alone, if by "working alone" we mean "no Robin."  I think the occasional team-up with Catwoman is acceptable, since there's a lot of UST/flirtation between them and Catwoman is more of an anti-hero.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #747 on: August 05, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
Truce.......whatever Nolan does it'll be gold.  :tup

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #748 on: August 05, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
Truce.......whatever Nolan does it'll be gold.  :tup

Not to be a fanboy in any way, but this. He has yet to let me down. Huge fan here.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #750 on: August 06, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
She actually looks like a thief and not a chick in a ridiculous cat costume.  I mean, I'm still not a huge fan of Catwoman in this paradigm of Batman, but this is Chris Nolan we're talking about.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #751 on: August 06, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
Still not a huge fan, but I'm sure it'll work.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: August 06, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
Some photos of Batman fighting with Bane and the sets(click previous to look at the other ones):

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/pictures/3.php#4

Offline ACID_FOX

« Reply #753 on: August 06, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
I hope that's not Bane fully venomed out. I understand Nolan wanting to make it realistic, but he's gotta be bigger than that when he's drugged up.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #754 on: August 06, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
 My guess is they'll enhance him a bit with cgi in the muscle department, but I'm thinking that instead of venom, it's a gas he breathes judging by the mask, probably derived from the fear toxin from Batman Begins, due to all the connections this film will have to that one.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #755 on: August 06, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »
I don't know what the whole deal is with the goggles Anne Hathaway is using... but she looks damn hot in the outfit!

https://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/Movies/Batman%203%20-%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises/Promotional%20Photos/tumblr_lph8nlBBlo1qiy7aco1_1280.jpg.php

https://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2566966/anne-hathaway-as-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-first-look-02/

Just letting you know that the first picture is a fake one. Its a photoshopped version of a Lara Croft cosplayer
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #756 on: August 06, 2011, 10:07:14 PM »
I don't know what the whole deal is with the goggles Anne Hathaway is using... but she looks damn hot in the outfit!

https://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/Movies/Batman%203%20-%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises/Promotional%20Photos/tumblr_lph8nlBBlo1qiy7aco1_1280.jpg.php

https://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2566966/anne-hathaway-as-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-first-look-02/

Just letting you know that the first picture is a fake one. Its a photoshopped version of a Lara Croft cosplayer

Second one doesn't look much like Anne Hathaway either.  My guess is that it's fake or it's her stunt double.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #757 on: August 07, 2011, 04:45:32 AM »
It's her stunt double

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #758 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »
My guess is they'll enhance him a bit with cgi in the muscle department, but I'm thinking that instead of venom, it's a gas he breathes judging by the mask, probably derived from the fear toxin from Batman Begins, due to all the connections this film will have to that one.

This......it seems most likely. I'm kinda bothered by the fact that Bane is shorter than Batman.....he's supposed to tower over him. I wonder if they'll fix that with CGI

Offline ACID_FOX

« Reply #759 on: August 07, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »

This......it seems most likely. I'm kinda bothered by the fact that Bane is shorter than Batman.....he's supposed to tower over him. I wonder if they'll fix that with CGI

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: August 07, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »

If they can shrink Chris Evans down to 98 pounds, I'm sure they can bulk up Bane.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #761 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »
all of this leak is making a mess. you don't look at the gollum guy with dots on them and say 'ah fuck, i can't believe they got a guy with dots on him to play him, that's retarded!'. ease up, wait for the damn movie version to see what they add, subtract.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #762 on: August 08, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »
you don't look at the gollum guy with dots on them and say 'ah fuck, i can't believe they got a guy with dots on him to play him, that's retarded!'.
:lol

Offline ACID_FOX

« Reply #763 on: August 08, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
I agree that there's way to much overanalysing, myself included.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #764 on: August 08, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »
After seeing Love and Other Drugs I am now very happy Anne Hathaway is in this movie.

:heart
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #765 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
I'm just sick of seeing all the initial negative reactions to pictures and info only to be followed by "I would be worried but it's Christopher Nolan".  Now I wonder, how many times must that be said before one actually worries?

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #766 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »
I'm just sick of seeing all the initial negative reactions to pictures and info only to be followed by "I would be worried but it's Christopher Nolan".  Now I wonder, how many times must that be said before one actually worries?

Until (a) something inexplicably weird happens or (b) Nolan makes a bad movie, which I guess is a variation of (a).

If you've seen movie props in real life, you'll probably agree that they look nothing like they do in the movie.  They're designed to be photographed under a very specific set of conditions.  Anything else makes them look wrong.

Like, Tom Hardy's shorter than Batman, we know this.  But go and watch the teaser again.  In that split second moment Bane walks up to Batman, Batman really looks like he's going to die because this hulk of muscle will rip him apart.  In real life Tom Hardy walked up to Christian Bale in a choreographed way as Bale did what he was directed to do, and then through a specific set of camera angles and lights it made it look like Batman was gonna die.  Making movies is all about illusion.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #767 on: August 08, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #768 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
Well, I didn't expect his voice to sound that way.

EDIT: I was expecting to hear Tom Hardy's normal voice with a Spanish/Latino accent, but he sounded more like an old guy.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:52:25 AM by Dimitrius »

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #769 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
Holy shit. His voice is perfect. He sounds exactly like Bane from the animated series. Very excite!