Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 218390 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #420 on: November 05, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »
This just in, Rob joins the elite club of now black men, joining the current members Volk, Accelerando (Sp?) and Millah.

But Volk isn't really Black.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #421 on: November 05, 2010, 03:07:21 PM »
This just in, Rob joins the elite club of now black men, joining the current members Volk, Accelerando (Sp?) and Millah.

???

Yes he is....?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #422 on: November 05, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »

He's superficially black. He has a white girlfriend, that makes him black enough.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #423 on: November 05, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »

He's superficially black. He has a white girlfriend, that makes him black enough.

He's superficially AND genetically black.....  :huh:

Offline Adami

« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »

He's superficially AND genetically black.....  :huh:

Yes. Unless he's shot a police officer, he's not really black.

Oh god I'm going to get banned.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline robwebster

« Reply #425 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:14 PM »
Homie, I find that very offensive to my people.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #426 on: November 05, 2010, 11:42:36 PM »
The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight Brushes His Teeth. The Dark Knight Gets Dressed. The Dark Knight Eats Breakfast. The Dark Knight Goes To School.

:metal  I'd see all of those!  :samsara:

Where can I buy my tickets???  :corn

EDIT: Just realized how late I am responding to this...what is it with all this Black talk in a Batman thread? Is Batman racist or something?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:48:19 PM by ThroughHerEyesDude6 »

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:43 AM »
bosk thinks I'm black. Is that enough for me to join the club?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2010, 05:50:36 AM »
I'm black on the inside.

Plus, I've got rhythm.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2010, 03:53:23 AM »

Offline Adami

« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
Wow.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:46 AM »
I have come to a conclusion that the only good thing to come out of Schumacher's Batman films is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:42 AM »
I liked Batman Forever, sans the nipples.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2010, 07:46:09 AM »
I have come to a conclusion that the only good thing to come out of Schumacher's Batman films is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU

The passanger and HMTMKMKM by u2.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »
I liked Batman Forever, sans the nipples.

There was no nipples in Forever, only & Robin.
See that\s why I don't stop by this thread, I'm worried of saying something super geeky :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
Saw this on AICN

https://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-nolan-lines-up-actresses-for-batfilm/

Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
natalie portman for harley quinn!
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Adami

« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »
natalie portman for harley quinn!

Nooooooo. Anne Hathaway would be fine as Harley Quin though. So would Rachel Weisz.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »
Natalie Portman for anything!  Kinda rules out Catwoman, unless Nolan decides to forgo her whole criminal past and just wants to stick with her being another vigilante from the start, meaning the villain slot he's casting for could include some other Batman female villain, even though there aren't too many of them.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »
Nolan's casting of female roles has been one of the weak points of his first two Batman films. Hopefully he gets it right this time.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »
I want Poison Ivy!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
Nolan's casting of female roles has been one of the weak points of his first two Batman films. Hopefully he gets it right this time.
I think Maggie Gyllenhal was great in TDK.  Not the biggest selling point, but she wasn't bad like Katie Holmes was.
I want Poison Ivy!

Not sure how that would work in Nolan's Batman without completely changing the identity of the character.  Ra's and Scarecrow worked because in Ra's case, the Lazarus pits could be taken away easily and still keep a compelling villain, and the Scarecrow was a good way to keep the fear theme in that movie prevalent.  Joker and Two Face are also powerless and worked well, and their basic identities established by the comics were unaffected. 

The problem with Poison Ivy is that she is defined by her seductiveness and her control over plants.  I don't think a seductress is really the best way to keep a villain afloat in a movie where the main character rides around in a tank dressed as a bat.  I suppose she would weaponize some kind of love drug to get what she wants, then kills them with poison, but the plant thing is such a big calling card of hers, I'm not sure we would really "recognize" her the way we could recognize the other four big villains.  But if she is the villain, I'm sure Nolan could make it work.  Lets just hope Tom Hardy isn't Bane :P.

Offline Adami

« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
Poison Ivy could easily be written as a powerless beauty who is seductive, but also a chemist who uses poisons to do stuff and I dunno....has a planet fetish.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »
Rachel Weisz and Naomi Watts :caffiene: golly gee wilikers! :zook2:

Offline Volk9

« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
planet smasher.

SMAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Offline Adami

« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy as Bane.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=29929

Well, that settles that, then. Warner Bros. has just announced that Anne Hathaway has won the race to star in The Dark Knight Rises... as Selina Kyle. Also known as Catwoman. “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story," said director Christopher Nolan in a press release.

And, in the same release, WB and Christopher Nolan confirmed that the role Tom Hardy will play in the eagerly-awaited Batman threequel is Bane, the muscle-bound super-steroidal freak who, in the comics, once broke Batman's back. “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

This represents a flood of information for a Christopher Nolan Bat-movie, and gives us plenty to chew on. We can't wait to see Nolan's take on the twisted relationship between Batman and the capricious Cat - and Hathaway certainly has the chops, and the curves, to fill out the catsuit. Intriguingly, Catwoman isn't mentioned in the WB press release, but with Nolan openly admitting that this is the end of his Bat-tale, it's hard to imagine that Kyle won't become Catwoman at some point in the film.

Still, heck of a year for Hathaway, what with this and her gig hosting the Oscars...

Bane is more interesting. Once again, Nolan is going down the multiple villains route - as he did with Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins, and The Joker and Two-Face in The Dark Knight. But we're intrigued by what he and the magnificent Hardy will bring to the role of Bane, a character who could be laughable in the wrong hands (see Batman & Robin for proof). Will this Bane be more cerebral than the grunting hulk of the comics? Would that be enough to pique Hardy's interest in the role? Or will he represent the first very real physical threat to Christian Bale's Bat in the trilogy?

So, what do you think? Happy with these choices? Has the Caped Crusader got enough on his plate with Catwoman and Bane to contend with, or does Nolan have another villainous surprise up his sleeve?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Adami

« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
Very strange casting choices, but I thought the same thing with Ledger.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
Anne Hathaway in a tight leather suit. *smile*
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline inoku

« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
that's a bit odd choices

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #451 on: January 19, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
Not sure how reliable that information is, but it's interesting.  Selena was so strongly hinted at in the last movie that it would seem like a wasted opportunity to NOT have her in this one, but I thought I recalled Nolan strongly denying any possibility of going that direction a few months back.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: January 19, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
I never found Catwoman interesting at all beyond her flirtations with Batman, so I'm interested to see what Nolan does with her.  Tom Hardy as Bane is such a huge whatthefuck, but so was Ledger.  Overall, still psyched.

Offline Volk9

« Reply #453 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
I never found Catwoman interesting at all beyond her flirtations with Batman, so I'm interested to see what Nolan does with her.  Tom Hardy as Bane is such a huge whatthefuck, but so was Ledger.  Overall, still psyched.

This precisely

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Me likey.