Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 645765 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #2310 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:44 AM »
Yes, I just watched that episode with my new female friend and she said he did what little he could in bed cause he was always drunk and they did have one baratheon child together who died after birth.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2311 on: April 24, 2015, 10:04:55 AM »
She also said that she "finished him off in other ways".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2312 on: April 24, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »

Yea, Im not really sure what she was implying though.  I get that in normal sexual situations but it wasnt clear to me what she really meant.  But two reasons why they definitely had sex:

1. Had to consumate the marriage, and maybe the first baby was the proof of that happening.
2. Robert would have known the other children weren't his if he wasn't banging Cersei, although this could be argued that he may have been too drunk to realize he wasnt finishing inside her, but as drunk as he was on the show, he always seemed to know what was going on around him.  Like he didnt appear blackout drunk on the show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2313 on: April 24, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »
With her hands or mouth. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2314 on: April 24, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
Nothing wrong with that. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2315 on: April 24, 2015, 10:50:58 AM »
Nothing wrong with that.
Certainly not.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2316 on: April 24, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »
2. Robert would have known the other children weren't his if he wasn't banging Cersei, although this could be argued that he may have been too drunk to realize he wasnt finishing inside her, but as drunk as he was on the show, he always seemed to know what was going on around him.  Like he didnt appear blackout drunk on the show.

We just didn't see those moments. It's no stretch of imagination to assume that the Robert portrayed on the show could be that drunk after a long day of partying or whatever. I'd also say that he had to be really drunk to even try having sex with Cersei, given how they feel about each other.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2317 on: April 24, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »

We just didn't see those moments. It's no stretch of imagination to assume that the Robert portrayed on the show could be that drunk after a long day of partying or whatever. I'd also say that he had to be really drunk to even try having sex with Cersei, given how they feel about each other.

Especially considered who she was smitten with.  Wasn't it said that she was hoping to marry one of the Targaryens? 

And obviously Robert didn't get the bride he wanted either, Lyanna Stark.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2318 on: April 25, 2015, 12:20:36 AM »
Especially considered who she was smitten with.  Wasn't it said that she was hoping to marry one of the Targaryens?

I think she was more interested in the position that came with marrying Rhaegar more than Rhaegar himself. But I think she said in a season 1 episode that she actually did love Robert, or at least genuinely tried, for a while in the beginning.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2319 on: April 25, 2015, 12:30:01 AM »

I think she was more interested in the position that came with marrying Rhaegar more than Rhaegar himself. But I think she said in a season 1 episode that she actually did love Robert, or at least genuinely tried, for a while in the beginning.

You might be right. I don't remember the exacts words she used.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2320 on: April 25, 2015, 08:20:43 AM »

Yup, she said she was in love with Robert in the beginning and wanted to marry him.  It was their wedding night when he called her Lyanna that she realized he didn't love her back.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2321 on: April 25, 2015, 11:05:33 AM »

Yup, she said she was in love with Robert in the beginning and wanted to marry him.  It was their wedding night when he called her Lyanna that she realized he didn't love her back.

It's all coming back to me now. 

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2322 on: April 26, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »

In a world where arranged marriages are prevalent by far, that's one hell of a reason to kill all Robert's children in her womb, then kill him and all his bastards.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2323 on: April 26, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »
Cersei is a petty bitch.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2324 on: April 26, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
Cersei is a petty bitch.
Indeed she is. And to all show watchers, book Cersei is a good 10 times the bitch she is in the show!

One major concern regarding season 5: [AFFC/ADWD spoilers] Jaime is not going to kick it in Dorme, is he? I do hope he's not replacing Arys Oakheart in the Dorn storyline and taste Areo Otah's axe. At this point it's either him or Bronn, and the latter actually looks the least likely to survive the trip. But killing Jaime would be HUGE and to me (he's my favourite character) hugely sad and quite disappointing.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2325 on: April 26, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
Cersei is a petty bitch.
Indeed she is. And to all show watchers, book Cersei is a good 10 times the bitch she is in the show!

Agreed.  When I read book 4 I couldn't believe how nasty she got.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2326 on: April 26, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »
WHAT

THE

FUCK

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2327 on: April 26, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »
At the lack of fetching of the block?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2328 on: April 26, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
Bye bye Janos.  Never liked that prick anyway.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2329 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:00 AM »
WHAT

THE

FUCK

That's my reaction to the old High Septon brothel scene. It was downright ridiculous, not in a good way. Other than that, I quite liked the episode.

I absolutely liked Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow. He nailed his introduction scene I think, very good and convincing. The second highlight episode for me was Arya not throwing Needle away scene.

Slynt execution was handled better in the book, I think, but this one is acceptable too. I like Kit's acting throughout this season so far.

I'm kind of baffled about the timeline right now. LF and Sansa got from Moat Cailin to Winterfell in one episode, and Cersei's letter gets from King's Landing to Winterfell almost instantly (and apparently it was delivered to Eyrie first, then to Winterfell). Reminds me of LF teleportation skills from Season 2. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the whole point of Moat Cailin in the books was that you can't just go around it by land, so that's my another nitpick.

Now, a bit of spoilers:

One major concern regarding season 5: [AFFC/ADWD spoilers] Jaime is not going to kick it in Dorme, is he? I do hope he's not replacing Arys Oakheart in the Dorn storyline and taste Areo Otah's axe. At this point it's either him or Bronn, and the latter actually looks the least likely to survive the trip. But killing Jaime would be HUGE and to me (he's my favourite character) hugely sad and quite disappointing.

I think it'll be Bronn who bites it. His speech to Lollys in episode 2 about how the meanness always comes around, and the mean people always get what's coming to them one way or another seems like a foreshadowing of his fate, I guess.

Also, does anyone think that (end of ADWD spoilers) it'll be Olly (or whatever this kid's name on the Wall is) who stabs Jon, since Bowen Marsh apparently isn't here in the show? I mean, the kid hates wildlings, and at least in the book Jon does care about wildlings quite a lot.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2330 on: April 27, 2015, 04:19:04 AM »
Remember that in GoT you get jumps in timing. A number of years have passed since the events of Season 1. It's not like Breaking Bad where the whole show across it's 5 seasons only covers a year or so. GoT is spread over a long period.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2331 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:01 AM »
Remember that in GoT you get jumps in timing. A number of years have passed since the events of Season 1. It's not like Breaking Bad where the whole show across it's 5 seasons only covers a year or so. GoT is spread over a long period.

I'm just curious. There has to be some kind of timeline out there. Maybe it isn't as detailed and dated as Tolkien's world, but I'm sure there must be something out there.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2332 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:46 AM »
I'm sure there are plenty of unofficial ones, no idea about anything official though.

Timelines are also reasonably different between the books and TV show. Obviously there are changes in the order of events (and indeed in some of the events themselves) but I think the books extend over an even longer period than the show does.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2333 on: April 27, 2015, 04:43:42 AM »
Most definitely there are some unofficial ones that some super fan put together. I would be curious to see the difference between the book and show timelines.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2334 on: April 27, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
WHAT

THE

FUCK

That's my reaction to the old High Septon brothel scene. It was downright ridiculous, not in a good way. Other than that, I quite liked the episode.

I absolutely liked Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow. He nailed his introduction scene I think, very good and convincing. The second highlight episode for me was Arya not throwing Needle away scene.

Slynt execution was handled better in the book, I think, but this one is acceptable too. I like Kit's acting throughout this season so far.

I'm kind of baffled about the timeline right now. LF and Sansa got from Moat Cailin to Winterfell in one episode, and Cersei's letter gets from King's Landing to Winterfell almost instantly (and apparently it was delivered to Eyrie first, then to Winterfell). Reminds me of LF teleportation skills from Season 2. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the whole point of Moat Cailin in the books was that you can't just go around it by land, so that's my another nitpick.

Now, a bit of spoilers:

I think it'll be Bronn who bites it. His speech to Lollys in episode 2 about how the meanness always comes around, and the mean people always get what's coming to them one way or another seems like a foreshadowing of his fate, I guess.

Also, does anyone think that (end of ADWD spoilers) it'll be Olly (or whatever this kid's name on the Wall is) who stabs Jon, since Bowen Marsh apparently isn't here in the show? I mean, the kid hates wildlings, and at least in the book Jon does care about wildlings quite a lot.

Yup, Olly will stab Jon.  Olly hates the wildlings for killing his parents and just look at Olly everytime Jon stands up for the wildlings, he has a look on his face that is just screaming that he doesn't like it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2335 on: April 27, 2015, 06:05:05 AM »
Well there was a rather large body spotted in that room.

Now there's no assurance if that's The Mountain or not.

Well it appears that body has the shakes.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2336 on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:11 AM »

Yeah, but for a raven to fly from King's Landing to Eyrie, than to Winterfell (and in fact Roose says "a rider arrived from the Eyrie") in one scene? It would take a week or even more. I think they should've moved that Qyburn - Cersei scene to the first or second episode, that would've made more sense. The way it was done, letter sent and arrived in the two back-to-back scenes, I just don't buy it at all.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:07:46 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2337 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:17 AM »
I may be the only one but I honestly can not tell the difference between Roose and Stannis unless I see other supporting characters. I'm sure side by side they don't really look alike but with how little we see each character the two actors look very similar.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2338 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:20 AM »
I was disappointed that there was no "fetch me a block" but that line worked so well in the book because of Jon's internal monologue throughout that scene, so I think the show translated it as best it could.

I would've loved Roose's "a peaceful land, a quiet people" line and that one would've worked in the conversation he and Ramsay were having.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:41:22 AM by Dimitrius »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2339 on: April 27, 2015, 06:56:33 AM »
I may be the only one but I honestly can not tell the difference between Roose and Stannis unless I see other supporting characters. I'm sure side by side they don't really look alike but with how little we see each character the two actors look very similar.
They're not very similar at all. :lol You're like my dad - when watching The Prestige he couldn't tell the difference between Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. And then got more confused when one had a twin and the other had clones.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2340 on: April 27, 2015, 07:07:24 AM »
Besides having a similar type of haircut in the show, I don't think they look alike at all.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2341 on: April 27, 2015, 07:28:19 AM »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2342 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »
I think Stannis has a much slimmer face while Bolton's head looks like a melon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2343 on: April 27, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »
I dont think they look similar as well, but Roose is not seen very often so that problem could be the reason.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2344 on: April 27, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »
With regard to timelines, I was under the impression that Sansa and the Boltons are all still at Moat Cailin. The sets didn't look very much like Winterfell if that's where we're supposed to be.

And I guess now we're using Sansa instead of fake-arya as the impetus for...

...my name is Araragi.