Author Topic: Concerts for 2023  (Read 30813 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2023
« Reply #735 on: October 05, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »
Power Trip begins tomorrow  :metal

Friday: Iron Maiden (8th time) + GnR (2nd time)
Saturday: Judas Priest (4th time, 5th if you count their RnRHoF induction) + AC/DC (2nd time)
Sunday: Tool (1st time!!) + Metallica (8th time, 9th including performance at Jimmy Kimmel, 3rd this year after two Sofi shows  :lol)

Desert Trip in 2016 was one of the best concert experiences I've been to, so this should be a great weekend  :coolio

Nice, you'll have to share your experience when you get back.  I wonder how that festival goes this weekend.  I'd love to see those bands all together.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #736 on: October 06, 2023, 02:30:50 AM »
Holy crap Hanabie was a blast, they just destroyed the Whisky...

https://youtu.be/KE0-UpuVtO8?si=7fFTvPc1n86MYvry

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #737 on: October 06, 2023, 03:37:23 PM »
Ok, some deeper thoughts about Hanabie...

Openers Lucrecia were alright, they were a Wish.com version of Hanabie, and were good as long as the vocalist stuck with growls. Once she went to cleans, she lost me instantly. They opened for Nemophila in Sacramento, and it was the same thing. Second band Fox Lake was a hip hop metal, and were fun as fuck, really got the crowd rolling. Third was Dropout Kings, similar vein, not quite as good as Fox Lake, but still got shit pumping.

Now on to Hanabie...I'd been watching their fancams for the, whole tour, of which the Whisky was the last stop, and I knew I was in for a ride, but holy shit was I unprepared. They are fast, hard, relentless, and come at you 110%, which is very impressive for 4 Japanese girls all under 5' tall. The rhythm combo of bass Hettsu and Drum Chikka kept a hard pace, and guitarist Matsuri was a furious beast while handling vocal duties as well. But lead vocalist Yukina was definitely the star for me, hard to believe that much talent, energy, and charisma can be contained in someone who's only 4"9', but man, she is an absolute giant on the stage. The first track went pretty good, but the crowd exploded in the second, and the whole place was a pit for the rest of the night. Seriously...there was no rest. I told my bud that it was one of those type of nights where you ocassionaly think "so...this is how I die...". Hard to pick a highlight in that insane of an evening, but when Yukina dove off the stage right on top of me, yeah, that was pretty epic (and it was during the song Today is a Good Day and So Epic). The masses of arms to support her came from all directions as I supported her by the middle of her back, nearly pushing my glasses off my face. Just fucking great.  :metal

I'm going to stop using monnikers like "best show ever" and "show of the year", cause each time I do, the next one tops it, and with TesseracT up next, that's a possiblity, but man, they'll have to fucking crush it to top Hanabie.

Also...TesseracT upgraded to VIP....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:43:36 PM by lonestar »

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #738 on: October 06, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »
great pictures, wow!!

i'm heading out to see Frankie and the Witch Fingers tonight, will try to get some pics even half that good!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #739 on: October 06, 2023, 05:35:56 PM »
Only the last Pic of Yukina being all pensive is mine, the rest I poached from a fan group

« Reply #740 on: October 06, 2023, 07:04:26 PM »
even so, you were seemingly close! and it's a great shot
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2023, 08:35:09 PM »
Currently in Hollywood Bowl for Incubus.  It’s always interesting getting to the venue and getting to the seats.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2023, 08:38:58 PM »
Ahhhhhh someone got video of it.... At 3:06 you can clearly see Yukina dive and me catching her... Of all the bucket list items I didn't know were on my list, having a Japanese kuwaii-core growl vocalist stage dive into my arms at the world famous Whisky A Go Go definitely counts lol... The whole video is great and really captures the vibe of the evening

https://fb.watch/nwvaefCbz0/?mibextid=2JQ9oc

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2023, 09:03:30 PM »
 :metal  :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2023, 09:07:23 PM »
 :metal :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2023, 09:15:21 PM »
That looks like one hell of a good time! Kind off topic but since listening to Japanese lyrics have you picked up any of the language?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »
That looks like one hell of a good time! Kind off topic but since listening to Japanese lyrics have you picked up any of the language?

Barely a few words... Most of them learned at band maid shows during Saiki's Japanese lesson time. She has an MC section each show where she teaches the crowd a word. That's how I know 'toritetsu' means 'people who like to take pictures of trains'  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #747 on: October 07, 2023, 08:00:17 AM »
Well, I had a fun time in Hollywood Bowl to see Incubus.  Took a bus at a mall in Lakewood to get there at 4:30.  Costed $9.00 for the round trip.  That's pretty good for me.  Don't need to drive north into LA traffic, I could take a nap, and not have to worry about being aware of a lot of stuff when it comes to driving into LA traffic on a Friday afternoon.  Got there at 5:45.  It's always an interesting walk to the nosebleed sections of the Bowl.  Got to walk up hills to get there.  My view was pretty good for the $25.00 I paid though.

First act of the night was Paris Jackson.  She was ok.  Her backing band was all right.  Her voice reminded me a bit of Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless.  She also threw some decent screams as well.  Nothing that stood out that makes me go, "I feel like I need to see her own show."

The 2nd of the night was Action Bronson, a rapper.  Honestly, I didn't like it.  I don't mind rap if the lyrical content is something I can get behind and the vocal delivery is fine.  He fits neither of those criterias for me.  Like these were some of the words I took note of in the show.  "Can't touch these toes.  F*** them hos."  "Suplex City, b****." (which I got the reference)  Plenty of Motherf***ers thrown as well.  What really salvaged the set for me was the instrumentals.  They threw in some saxophone and guitar solos here and there, which I can get behind.

Incubus was tremendous.  They played Morning View in full as advertised.  I thought the crowd would have died down after the two main songs of that album, Nice to Know You and Wish You Were here was played early, but they were singing along to the songs of the album for most of the show.  Incubus brought a great vibe and had some trippy visuals to go along with that vibe.   :hat  :hat In the final song, Aqueous Transmission, of the album, they brought out on stage this rapper called Lizzo to play the flute and provide some backup vocals.  She was good.  I honestly didn't expect her to be a fan of Incubus, but you never know who knows who.

After the album is done, they rounded out the set with some staples.  Brandon Boyd sang those songs shirtless.  Now given that this was the only show of their tour where they were playing Morning View in full, I couldn't tell when the appropriate time to make the long walk back to the buses.  So I decided to start that walk after they played Pardon Me.  Heard Stellar whilst I was walking down the hill back to the buses, but I missed out on 3 songs.  I know the bus drivers said that they will leave 25 minutes after the concert is over, but I decided to take a head start and not have to deal with 15,000 people walking in the same direction.

Overall, great show.  I'm glad I was able to snag a ticket for $25.00 for this one.

Next show is going to be a good bill.  Shinedown, Papa Roach, and Spiritbox at FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine.  I don't think it will match the Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Jinjer bill I was at last July, but a fun time is still to be have and I can sport the Shinedown hockey jersey in this show.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:08:45 AM by Anguyen92 »

« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2023, 08:00:30 AM »
here's some photos from the Frankie & the Witch Fingers show in Denver last night

first band was called Wine Lips and they all wore sunglasses inside which i found a little weird lol

Pics of Frankie & The Witch Fingers. couldn't get the whole band because of the angle i was standing at, but it was a great show! if you like high energy psych music they are for you!!  :metal
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #749 on: October 07, 2023, 08:15:13 AM »
Well, I had a fun time in Hollywood Bowl to see Incubus.  Took a bus at a mall in Lakewood to get there at 4:30.  Costed $9.00 for the round trip.  That's pretty good for me.  Don't need to drive north into LA traffic, I could take a nap, and not have to worry about being aware of a lot of stuff when it comes to driving into LA traffic on a Friday afternoon.  Got there at 5:45.  It's always an interesting walk to the nosebleed sections of the Bowl.  Got to walk up hills to get there.  My view was pretty good for the $25.00 I paid though.

First act of the night was Paris Jackson.  She was ok.  Her backing band was all right.  Her voice reminded me a bit of Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless.  She also threw some decent screams as well.  Nothing that stood out that makes me go, "I feel like I need to see her own show."

The 2nd of the night was Action Bronson, a rapper.  Honestly, I didn't like it.  I don't mind rap if the lyrical content is something I can get behind and the vocal delivery is fine.  He fits neither of those criterias for me.  Like these were some of the words I took note of in the show.  "Can't touch these toes.  F*** them hos."  "Suplex City, b****." (which I got the reference)  Plenty of Motherf***ers thrown as well.  What really salvaged the set for me was the instrumentals.  They threw in some saxophone and guitar solos here and there, which I can get behind.

Incubus was tremendous.  They played Morning View in full as advertised.  I thought the crowd would have died down after the two main songs of that album, Nice to Know You and Wish You Were here was played early, but they were singing along to the songs of the album for most of the show.  Incubus brought a great vibe and had some trippy visuals to go along with that vibe.   :hat  :hat In the final song, Aqueous Transmission, of the album, they brought out on stage this rapper called Lizzo to play the flute and provide some backup vocals.  She was good.  I honestly didn't expect her to be a fan of Incubus, but you never know who knows who.

After the album is done, they rounded out the set with some staples.  Brandon Boyd sang those songs shirtless.  Now given that this was the only show of their tour where they were playing Morning View in full, I couldn't tell when the appropriate time to make the long walk back to the buses.  So I decided to start that walk after they played Pardon Me.  Heard Stellar whilst I was walking down the hill back to the buses, but I missed out on 3 songs.  I know the bus drivers said that they will leave 25 minutes after the concert is over, but I decided to take a head start and not have to deal with 15,000 people walking in the same direction.

Overall, great show.  I'm glad I was able to snag a ticket for $25.00 for this one.

Next show is going to be a good bill.  Shinedown, Papa Roach, and Spiritbox at FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine.  I don't think it will match the Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Jinjer bill I was at last July, but a fun time is still to be have and I can sport the Shinedown hockey jersey in this show.

Jealous you got to see Morning View in full. I saw Incubus when they were touring the Make Yourself anniversary and I was hoping they would tour MV.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #750 on: October 09, 2023, 09:14:06 AM »
Well, while it's a bummer for the people in Chula Vista that couldn't see the A7X show due to M. Shadows being sick, I dodged a bullet in not making the 100 mile drive there.

https://loudwire.com/m-shadows-addresses-avenged-sevenfold-last-minute-postponement-san-diego/

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #751 on: October 11, 2023, 08:08:38 AM »
Should be an interesting week next week.  I am accompanying my youngest to see Heilung next Tuesday, and then my youngest is accompanying me to see Hiromi next Friday.

I don't remember the last time I saw two concerts in one week lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: October 11, 2023, 08:38:05 AM »
In the final song, Aqueous Transmission, of the album, they brought out on stage this rapper called Lizzo to play the flute and provide some backup vocals.  She was good.  I honestly didn't expect her to be a fan of Incubus, but you never know who knows who.

Definitely surprised to see Lizzo do this.  Pretty cool even if she's kind of being shat on right now for the issue with her dancers suing her. 

Well, while it's a bummer for the people in Chula Vista that couldn't see the A7X show due to M. Shadows being sick, I dodged a bullet in not making the 100 mile drive there.

https://loudwire.com/m-shadows-addresses-avenged-sevenfold-last-minute-postponement-san-diego/

Yeah that sucks. I've noticed a large up tick right now of concerts being cancelled/postponed due to illness.

I put 3 concerts on my schedule for this weekend, but honestly I'm still debating if I even want to go to one of these  :lol (so unlike me!)

October 13th - Gwar @ Palladium Times Square, New York City NY
  OR
October 13th - Tesseract @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY
October 14th - Maroon 5, One Republic & Kelly Clarkson @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
October 15th - Suicidal Tendencies & H2O @ @ Terminal 5, New York City NY

Pretty sure I'm leaning towards seeing Tesseract over Gwar because I have a coupon that'll get me a ticket for $18 (after fees) for Tesseract but it'll be around $50 for Gwar.  The Maroon 5 concert is interesting because it's a special event.  I'm not totally into that music, but Maroon 5 was awesome two summers ago when I saw them.  Problem for this is trying to get a decent seat for a decent price. It's not sold out, but face value is a bit too much for me.  Lastly, that Suicidal Tendencies is not likely to be attended if I go to the toher two.  I'd like to see H2O, but it's kind of a maybe concert atm.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #753 on: October 11, 2023, 08:40:58 AM »
If you haven't seen GWAR before, I would suggest that, even though I prefer Tesseract.

A GWAR show isn't just a show.  It's an adventure!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #754 on: October 11, 2023, 08:42:31 AM »
GWAR is Richmond's #1 export.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: October 11, 2023, 08:48:27 AM »
If you haven't seen GWAR before, I would suggest that, even though I prefer Tesseract.

A GWAR show isn't just a show.  It's an adventure!

Yeah, I've seen them like 5 or so times now.  The only reason I'm still considering it is because of how fun that show is. Tesseract I've also never seen before so thats why I'm leaning towards them as well as the price.  Gwar actually tweeted me too a couple years ago  :lol https://twitter.com/gwar/status/1462046065830490116

Funny, my gf's college friend spent last weekend with us and she's from Richmond.  We were talking about how Gwar is from there and she mentioend there's a Gwar Bar.   :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #756 on: October 11, 2023, 12:01:48 PM »
 :lol

OK, go see Tesseract.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #757 on: October 12, 2023, 10:25:57 AM »

Funny, my gf's college friend spent last weekend with us and she's from Richmond.  We were talking about how Gwar is from there and she mentioend there's a Gwar Bar.   :metal

Yep! I think I’ve shown you this before, but if you look at the GWAR Bar on street view on Google Maps, you see this

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #758 on: October 12, 2023, 10:34:17 AM »

Yep! I think I’ve shown you this before, but if you look at the GWAR Bar on street view on Google Maps, you see this

Yes! I knew the Gwar bar thing was familiar but I couldn't pin point how I knew about it.  You did share this before

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: October 12, 2023, 05:13:10 PM »
Scored a late day of show release side stage ticket for Queen with Adam Lambert tonight at MSG! Super excited because this show is like $300+ for tickets and I rules it out being too expensive, but I got this seat for $77 and just had to scoop that up because I'd really like to see this show before it's too late.View may be shit, but this section is usually solid at the venue from my experience.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: October 13, 2023, 06:22:01 PM »
Scored a late day of show release side stage ticket for Queen with Adam Lambert tonight at MSG! Super excited because this show is like $300+ for tickets and I rules it out being too expensive, but I got this seat for $77 and just had to scoop that up because I'd really like to see this show before it's too late.View may be shit, but this section is usually solid at the venue from my experience.

Incredible night! Turns out when I got to the venue, my seat didn't exist! It truly must have been a too good to be true deal  :lol But seriously, the usher was like "oh, you have the phantom seat" but luckily, there was plenty of space on the bridge section at Madison Square Garden that it wasn't an issue. In fact, the other people near me moved somewhere else after the halfway point so I mostly had an entire area of space to myself which was awesome.  The view sucked.  It was high above the stage and completely to the side. So I couldn't really enjoy the stage show or video screens... but it was still awesome.  Could still see the band and a great view of the arena.  I don't think it was a sell out due to seats becoming available, but it essentially was.  Place was packed. 

The sound was incredible. I feel like even with the side stage seat, that the audio was clear as day.  It wasn't loud either.  Basically sounded perfect.  The piano was also so clear, felt live to me! I'm not familiar with Adam Lambert, but he was really good.  Hard to do Freddie, but he did his version of it really well.  Probably the best front man you could have to do this.  Set list was pretty good with all the hits.  It looks like they cut a song (Show Must Go On) compared to other shows.  They didn't go on until like 8:25 and maybe that's why. 

I also used my new camera for this, video/audio came out really well! I'm really happy I was able to see this. There's only a few bands I haven't been able to see that actively tour and that I really would like to, this was one of them.  A bucketlist concert for sure and there's just not really many of those for me since I go to so many shows. Great concert  :metal

Queen + Adam Lambert LIVE @ Madison Square Garden New York City NY 10/12/2023

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #761 on: October 13, 2023, 06:37:14 PM »
Marc, this came up on my feed and I was watching some of it. Gave you a thumbs up too!

Your camera is outstanding. Great video and audio quality
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #762 on: October 13, 2023, 10:30:32 PM »
Marc, this came up on my feed and I was watching some of it. Gave you a thumbs up too!

Your camera is outstanding. Great video and audio quality

:metal

It helps when the venue has good white light on the band too, like most big headline bands do. I actually used it at the Code Orange show for the first time, but their lighting sucked. The audio still came out well, the video was a bit grainy. 

« Reply #763 on: October 15, 2023, 08:40:54 PM »
heading out to see Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade tonight!
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #764 on: October 19, 2023, 01:50:35 PM »
Caught Chevelle and Three Days Grace this weekend up in Boston at the MGM Fenway.  First off, this venue is awesome all around!  It’s connected to Fenway park, has bars on every level (I don’t drink, but thought this was a very cool layout for those who do), has a rooftop to hang out on between sets, and accommodates approx. 5,000 people.  The whole time I was daydreaming of a DT, Fate’s Warning show.  I will be looking for excuses to head back to catch more shows here. 

The opening band was Loathe and while the music wasn’t really my cup of tea, the band brought a ton of energy and was really fun to watch perform.  Chevelle followed up with a 75 minute set, they played pretty much straight through with minimal down time to chat.  Chevelle has been my wife’s favorite band for some time, this was her (and my) first time seeing them – they were impressive for a trio.  Three Days Grace followed them with their co-headlining portion, also playing for 75 minutes.  I loved their debut but haven’t really listened to them much in years.  Their singer busted up his leg the night before so he performed the whole set seated.  This was my first time seeing them as well – I kind of liked Saint Asonia better (their old singer’s new band), they play a few songs from that era of Three Days Grace. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: October 19, 2023, 03:04:11 PM »
Caught Chevelle and Three Days Grace this weekend up in Boston at the MGM Fenway.  First off, this venue is awesome all around!  It’s connected to Fenway park, has bars on every level (I don’t drink, but thought this was a very cool layout for those who do), has a rooftop to hang out on between sets, and accommodates approx. 5,000 people.  The whole time I was daydreaming of a DT, Fate’s Warning show.  I will be looking for excuses to head back to catch more shows here. 

The opening band was Loathe and while the music wasn’t really my cup of tea, the band brought a ton of energy and was really fun to watch perform.  Chevelle followed up with a 75 minute set, they played pretty much straight through with minimal down time to chat.  Chevelle has been my wife’s favorite band for some time, this was her (and my) first time seeing them – they were impressive for a trio.  Three Days Grace followed them with their co-headlining portion, also playing for 75 minutes.  I loved their debut but haven’t really listened to them much in years.  Their singer busted up his leg the night before so he performed the whole set seated.  This was my first time seeing them as well – I kind of liked Saint Asonia better (their old singer’s new band), they play a few songs from that era of Three Days Grace.

Saw those two open for Breaking Benjamin a few years ago.  I don't love either, but both are solid live.  I saw that venue when I went to Fenway last year right around when it opened, looks cool. I'm sure one day I'll see a show there, love going to concerts in Boston.

So because I ended up seeing Queen last week and then I didn't go into work that Friday so I bailed on mn to see Tesseract, I opted to try to seure a good ticket for the Audacy "We Can Survive" concert on Saturday.  I ended up scoring a late release 3rd row ticket at the box office for $107 flat.  That was about $80 cheaper than the people in row 5 and further back  :lol I wasn't even sure what Audacy was, apparently internet radio, so this turns out to be a radio event.  Where they have a bunch of bands, well known bands, do short sets in an arena and it's hosted by the radio DJs and in this case, pop / pop rock bands.  I went to a hard rock version of this at the same venue (WDHA's Rock the Rock Fest) earlier this year.  I had also gone to a KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in LA 5 years ago.  So I was familiar wtih the format.

The show started wtih a pop singer IZZA who I had never heard of.  Apparantly she won a national contest to get the opening slot.  It was her and a DJ.  Music was not my thing. She played for like 20 minutes.  The DJ was from Israel and had a flag he was waiving, that was probably the highlight of her set for me.  She was easy on the eyes as well. Would be cool if she got famous and it could be one of those "I saw her before she was famous" things, but I'd be shocked if that happened.

Next up was David Kushner.  It was at this point I realized they had the revolving stage so basically the show was going to be rapid fire with the bands.  VERY cool IMO.  KROQ did this and it makes for like no downtime between bands.  I don't know David, but I did know his hit song.  He's a young guy who had a tiktok song go viral.  He's got a very powerful voice.  But the music is so... sad?  It just feels dark and sad and really not my thing.  I got up after the first song to go grab another drink and hit up the bathroom.  Got back in time to see the hit song Daylight.  Even that song, its not my thing. 

Kelly Clarkson was next.  Who knew I was going to see two former American Idols in back to back concerts?! I thought she was great. She sounded incredible.  I actually thought she sounded better than Adam Lambert although the material and set length may have been significantly easier for Kelly. She had a full backing band with 3 back up singers as well.  She opened with a song I knew and they just sounded powerful live.  Uplifting music too, unlike David Kushner.  I shockingly very much enjoyed her set.  Only problem is it was short, only 5 songs.

OneRepuplic came on next.  They were very hit or miss for me.  They opened so flat IMO.  First song was so uninteresting.  A couple songs later they played Secrets which I knew and things changed for me.  I thought the singer was really talented. He played piano and guitar and was super engaging and energetic on stage as a front man.  The live violin and cello were awesome.  They did a medley of cover songs, apparently the singer wrote a lot of hit songs for other bands. I didn't know those songs, but that was cool since the crowd ate it up.  They did their Top Gun song that was pretty cool and ended with another song I knew, Counting Stars which was a lot of fun.  Before they finished, the singer sang the chorus of Maroon 5's Girls Like You which not only did he do well, got the crowd pumped for Maroon 5 next.

I've got to admit. Maroon 5 was the reason I wanted to go to this.  I saw them a couple summers ago and really loved the show.  They did not dissapoint.  They did a 14 song set of all the hits.  Crowd was loud for them.  Thought they sounded great.  Adam Levine was great too.  His high singing was great.  He had a swagger as well and a bit of an attitude that I kind of enjoyed.  He basically ripped on the ways girls scream.  He was trying to have a quiet moment some girls just wouldn't stop screaming  :lol I loved his "shut up" moment. He also ripped a few guitar solos during the set to show he could play too.  They were so much fun and very much worth the price of admission for me!

Also another great quality video to follow up Queen wtih! Love the Maroon 5 clips! Audacy We Can Survive Maroon 5 OneRepublic Kelly Clarkson David Kushner LIVE Newark NJ 10/14/2023

Next up:

Tonight's a reggae concert in NYC with SOJA and Hirie!  :hat

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #766 on: October 21, 2023, 12:51:43 PM »
Tonight is Ne Obliviscaris/ Beyond Creation / The Omnific at the Belasco in LA  :metal

I have an extra ticket I’m happy to give away if anyone is interested and available, let me know  :tup
EDIT: the spare ticket has been claimed
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 03:54:23 PM by countoftuscany42 »

Offline Glasser

« Reply #767 on: October 21, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »
Tonight is Ne Obliviscaris/ Beyond Creation / The Omnific at the Belasco in LA  :metal

I have an extra ticket I’m happy to give away if anyone is interested and available, let me know  :tup

Oh man! Beyond Creation are absolutely amazing live! Enjoy!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #768 on: October 23, 2023, 01:07:10 AM »

Incredible night! Turns out when I got to the venue, my seat didn't exist! It truly must have been a too good to be true deal  :lol But seriously, the usher was like "oh, you have the phantom seat" but luckily, there was plenty of space on the bridge section at Madison Square Garden that it wasn't an issue. In fact, the other people near me moved somewhere else after the halfway point so I mostly had an entire area of space to myself which was awesome.  The view sucked.  It was high above the stage and completely to the side. So I couldn't really enjoy the stage show or video screens... but it was still awesome.  Could still see the band and a great view of the arena.  I don't think it was a sell out due to seats becoming available, but it essentially was.  Place was packed. 

The sound was incredible. I feel like even with the side stage seat, that the audio was clear as day.  It wasn't loud either.  Basically sounded perfect.  The piano was also so clear, felt live to me! I'm not familiar with Adam Lambert, but he was really good.  Hard to do Freddie, but he did his version of it really well.  Probably the best front man you could have to do this.  Set list was pretty good with all the hits.  It looks like they cut a song (Show Must Go On) compared to other shows.  They didn't go on until like 8:25 and maybe that's why. 

I also used my new camera for this, video/audio came out really well! I'm really happy I was able to see this. There's only a few bands I haven't been able to see that actively tour and that I really would like to, this was one of them.  A bucketlist concert for sure and there's just not really many of those for me since I go to so many shows. Great concert  :metal

Hmmm.  They are coming to BMO Stadium in LA (the venue next to the USC Coliseum) in November.  Nosebleed seats are going for $30-40 on TickPick.  I may actually go to this.  I do need a show to go to in November.

« Reply #769 on: October 24, 2023, 07:55:43 AM »
I had the amazing opportunity to see Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO live in Denver on Saturday.

The show took place in one of the smaller dive bars in Denver (cap was about 200 or maybe a little less)

The band absolutely killed it, i've been meaning to catch them for years now and was so grateful to finally have the opportunity to see these legends live. Kawabata Mokoto is a guitar legend and has been killing it for over 30 years on the scene

Here's some pics! the last one is a lil cat statue made by Mokoto himself that only cost $10!

Welcome to the Forums!