Author Topic: jingle.boy's 4th roulette: That's all she wrote folks - another happy ending  (Read 100499 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: jingle.boy's fourth roulette: Round 4 - eye-test time!
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2018, 03:35:30 PM »
Michael Schenker Group-The Desert Song

Hmmm..Maybe that's Stadler and Indiscipline sent Kiss. Nah.

MSG is JJ?

Whoever sent MSG is my idol!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »
JJ is everyone's idol! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2018, 03:41:20 PM »
One song looks like The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (I thought it was an album title, but whatever, maybe there's also a song called like that), but that's about all I've got.
Dude Frances the Mute is a song, I've played that to you in plug.dj in the past :lol

But I would feel terrible for anyone that sent Frances the Mute to jingle.boy. Oh well, at least I get less than 10 points this round if you're right
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #948 on: August 24, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
I don't think I've ever listened to Frances the Mute (the song)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: August 24, 2018, 03:45:00 PM »
One song looks like The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (I thought it was an album title, but whatever, maybe there's also a song called like that), but that's about all I've got.
Dude Frances the Mute is a song, I've played that to you in plug.dj in the past :lol

But I would feel terrible for anyone that sent Frances the Mute to jingle.boy. Oh well, at least I get less than 10 points this round if you're right

I mean I don't remember everything that you guys played to me in plug.dj, but I remembered the album name at least.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #950 on: August 24, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
How the fuck is MSG not banned? Have you no taste man?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #951 on: August 24, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #952 on: August 24, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
Lonestar sent Voyager
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #953 on: August 24, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »

I mean I don't remember everything that you guys played to me in plug.dj, but I remembered the album name at least.

Frances the Mute is a song, but it’s not on the album.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: jingle.boy's fourth roulette - Round 3 - pre-results
« Reply #954 on: August 24, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »

jjrocks88 - Alice Cooper* / Roses on a White Lace
Not knowing what year this was released, I was wondering who ripped off who until I checked the release year. I swear I thought I was listening to a (not very good) cover of Bark at the Moon for the first 15 seconds.  Back in the day, I didn't really like Cooper's voice much.  Can't really explain why.  Now that I'm a little more ... seasoned ... I got no problem with his sound and delivery.  Great tune.
Ranking: 4.2

Apparently I missed the scoring on this. Good score for something from 1987. This is a Top 20 Alice tune for me. But the Gail intro to this is so haunting.

If anyone can somehow break through with Alice Cooper, you'll discover a long, deep, and quite varied discography.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #955 on: August 24, 2018, 07:09:38 PM »
Lonestar sent Voyager

STEEEEEEEEEE-RIKE ONE!!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #956 on: August 24, 2018, 07:11:17 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #957 on: August 24, 2018, 07:12:31 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #958 on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »
Try again.  I want to read RJ again.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #959 on: August 24, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
So I done gone typo'd by putting Frances the Mute.  I didn't get that song, but something from that album.  Too lazy to fix it in this iteration, but when I make the pic somewhat clearer Sunday morning, I'll fix 'er up.

?? -
?? -
Evermind - EnkeliNation - Last Time Together
?? - Glass Hammer -
jjrocks88 - Michael Shenker Group - The Desert Song
Kattleox - Voyager - The Meaning of I
?? -
?? -
?? - Graphite Symphony - Divided Entity
?? - Rob Rock - Eagle
Parama - Lorde - Liability
?? - The Mars Volta -
Stadler - Kiss - Only You/Under the Rose
?? -
?? - Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
?? -

How the fuck is MSG not banned? Have you no taste man?

They just didn't get a lot of exposure up here back in the day.  Coz sent them to me in my 1st roulette.  I've never heard anything bad from them, but for some reason I just never went exploring. 

1st listen... a few gems; most seem rather average, and one is a fucking hard - HARD - no.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:15:16 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
Did Kattelox send Voyager?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: August 24, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »
Yes guy!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #962 on: August 24, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »

1st listen... a few gems; most seem rather average, and one is a fucking hard - HARD - no.
I done fucked up :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #963 on: August 24, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »
Holy shit, I think I got one.

Lorde - Liability

Great song, Chad will probably hate it though.

Offline 425

« Reply #964 on: August 24, 2018, 09:29:58 PM »
GREAT song. But yeah.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #965 on: August 24, 2018, 09:37:51 PM »

Not knowing what year this was released, I was wondering who ripped off who until I checked the release year. I swear I thought I was listening to a (not very good) cover of Bark at the Moon for the first 15 seconds.  Back in the day, I didn't really like Cooper's voice much.  Can't really explain why.  Now that I'm a little more ... seasoned ... I got no problem with his sound and delivery.  Great tune.

Apparently I missed the scoring on this. Good score for something from 1987. This is a Top 20 Alice tune for me. But the Gail intro to this is so haunting.

If anyone can somehow break through with Alice Cooper, you'll discover a long, deep, and quite varied discography.

I want to vouch for that.    TAC hassled, harangued, hectored and damn near bullied* me into listening to some of the early records (not the first two) and man, was he right on.  There's some really, REALLY good shit on those records that you don't hear on the radio.  I was able to get two "box sets" (they're not really boxes) one with the first five studio albums, and the second with the second five studio albums.  Except for the first two (which aren't bad, just not to the level of what came after) they rule.

(* I'm kidding of course; he sent the excellent "Halo Of Flies" in my roulette and it really clicked.  Still has clicked.)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #966 on: August 24, 2018, 09:39:26 PM »
he already hates everything i send anyways, might as well take risks

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #968 on: August 25, 2018, 12:43:35 AM »
The Widow was on my list to send, so that could be the Mars Volta song. Got kind of a Zeppelin vibe at moments
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2018, 04:13:03 AM »

I want to vouch for that.    TAC hassled, harangued, hectored and damn near bullied* me into listening to some of the early records (not the first two) and man, was he right on.  There's some really, REALLY good shit on those records that you don't hear on the radio.  I was able to get two "box sets" (they're not really boxes) one with the first five studio albums, and the second with the second five studio albums.  Except for the first two (which aren't bad, just not to the level of what came after) they rule.

(* I'm kidding of course; he sent the excellent "Halo Of Flies" in my roulette and it really clicked.  Still has clicked.)

Awesome.  Kade broke me thru into W.A.S.P. from the last roulette, so I'm looking forward to going thru some of Alice's stuff.  It's really tough to start to "discover" 30 years and dozen+ albums worth of music at one time though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2018, 04:15:23 AM »
he already hates everything i send anyways, might as well take risks

Untrue.  Hate isn't the right word.

Seriously.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2018, 04:42:15 AM »
EnkeliNation - Last Time Together

Evermind's babe?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »
EnkeliNation - Last Time Together

Evermind's babe?

Yes and yes.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »

Awesome.  Kade broke me thru into W.A.S.P. from the last roulette, so I'm looking forward to going thru some of Alice's stuff.  It's really tough to start to "discover" 30 years and dozen+ albums worth of music at one time though.

The older stuff doesn’t resonate with me but from Raise Your Fist and yell to Last Temptation he was awesome. Try Hey Stoopid, miss the opening track and enjoy 😀

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2018, 07:50:10 PM »
J-Boy, if I were to recommend you some Alice, I think the 87'-94 era would appeal to you.

Specifically, I'd recommend Raise Your Fist And Yell, Hey Stoopid, and The Last Temptation. There a couple of duds on each album, but all three are excellent.

The older stuff doesn’t resonate with me but from Raise Your Fist and yell to Last Temptation he was awesome. Try Hey Stoopid, miss the opening track and enjoy 😀

The album I like to recommend is 2003's The Eyes Of Alice Cooper. It has a real old school feel, a kind of GnR feel if you will. I think it's an amazing abum that reaches to Alice's early 70's roots.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:59:24 PM by TAC »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #975 on: August 26, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »
the title under Voyager looks something like 'Take Me Home', but I'm sure that's not correct

as for the rest.. I have nothing
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: August 26, 2018, 03:54:00 AM »
I'm not a big Alice fan at all.  Have a few albums but he never really grabbed me to get into all of his stuff but saying that, I love the pure 80's sound of Trash, great album.

I also like Brutal Planet quite a lot, but that's a different story.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: August 26, 2018, 04:34:23 AM »
Chad, can I give a hint to make things fun........thanks.

Mine is the last song.  Not a regular household name by any means, and this band was actually sent in Chad's first roulette.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: August 26, 2018, 05:42:13 AM »
If people want to give away hints, that's at their discretion.  This is a little more in FOCUS

?? - ? - Next in Line
?? -
Evermind - EnkeliNation - Last Time Together
?? - Glass Hammer -
jjrocks88 - Michael Shenker Group - The Desert Song
Kattleox - Voyager - The Meaning of I
?? - ? - Take Me Home
?? -
?? - Graphite Symphony - Divided Entity
?? - Rob Rock - Eagle
Parama - Lorde - Liability
?? - The Mars Volta -
Stadler - Kiss - Only You/Under the Rose
?? -
?? - Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Wolfking - Shaman -

Fourth impressions later today.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:48:51 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #979 on: August 26, 2018, 06:01:15 AM »
Nevermore - Next in Line?

/Mr Magoo