Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 214287 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1435 on: October 15, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »
It's unfortunate that in this day and age a QB can't run out of the pocket and should throw it away because guys 275 lb can run faster than they can. A guy like him too important scramble for first down.

Well, in the 80's you'd never see a 275 lb guy run that fast.  :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1436 on: October 15, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
Offensive line was that way back then!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1437 on: October 15, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
Ummm...........

GO RAMS!!!!!   :yarr

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1438 on: October 15, 2017, 06:49:54 PM »
As I feared, the Giants D came to play tonight. This will not be the easy game most people predicted. NFL games rarely are.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1439 on: October 15, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
As I feared, the Giants D came to play tonight. This will not be the easy game most people predicted. NFL games rarely are.

This whole season is a little whacky.  Thankfully I don't screw around with money with the NFL.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:25:58 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1440 on: October 15, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
That Vikings defender definitely drove Rodgers into the ground unnecessarily. Sucks. Love watching Wizard Rodgers.

That was a normal tackle. If it was any player other than a qb no one would have batted an eye. Sucks he got hurt, but the defender did nothing wrong. He's under no obligated to tackle gently.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1441 on: October 15, 2017, 11:26:26 PM »
Except a QB is generally defenseless, and the only player who gets tackled when they don't have the ball. 

Did I think it was deliberate?  No.  Extremely excessive?  No. 

Excessive?  Yes.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1442 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:20 AM »
Denver.... What the actual fuck?  In Denver.   :loser:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: October 16, 2017, 05:05:21 AM »
I have nothing worthwhile to add about the games this weekend, just Aaron Rodgers going down hurts my fantasy team.  :'(  Don't see GB doing much now with AR out.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1444 on: October 16, 2017, 06:04:39 AM »
I have nothing worthwhile to add about the games this weekend, just Aaron Rodgers going down hurts my fantasy team.  :'(  Don't see GB doing much now with AR out.

You got that right.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1445 on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1446 on: October 16, 2017, 08:54:50 AM »
I'm going to leave this for those interested....

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/16/nfl-equipment-shoulder-pads-designer-teddy-monica-xtech

Why would you not want to wear those? I'm sure AR is kicking himself in the head now.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1447 on: October 16, 2017, 08:56:48 AM »
Surprised to see the Giants win.  Doesn't mean much to me personally to get that win, but nice to see the team not give up. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1448 on: October 16, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
Next thing you know, the Browns are winning in Foxborough.  Well...not this year.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1449 on: October 16, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
This is so typical N.E.  They are struggling.  There doesn't seem to be an apparent fix.  People are starting to write them off.  ...and they are still 4-2, leading their division, and only a single game behind best record in the NFL. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1450 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:43 PM »
This is so typical N.E.  They are struggling.  There doesn't seem to be an apparent fix.  People are starting to write them off.  ...and they are still 4-2, leading their division, and only a single game behind best record in the NFL.

Yes we are spoiled. It's been such a great run being at a high level that when you see the way this Defense is playing, it causes mass hysteria in N.E.  6 games, 6 QB's all throwing for 300 + yards.  There is reason for great concern.  We expect to get to the AFC Championship game every year.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »
But what I'm saying is, despite what looks like good reason for concern on the defensive side, NE probably will get to the AFC Championship again, and we will look back at the season and once again ask how it happened?  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2017, 01:55:43 PM »
 :lol

Well, I really have my worries this year with the defense.  You face a team that can score and is average defensively it puts too much pressure on one side of the ball.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2017, 02:28:07 PM »
That's what Collinsworth said last night.  He refrained commenting about the NE problems because it's too early in the season.  Well yeah, it's too early in the season to know how most teams will fair.  Especially NE...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »
I would normally agree but when for six games have the worst defense in the league and have no one you can add to your roster and the last six quarterbacks they they would have thrown over 300 yards per game you know it's a lot of trouble moving forward.

You have to have at least an average defense with a great offense to win a Superbowl. I hope I'm wrong but from what my eyes are telling me this defense is in trouble all year.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2017, 02:49:28 PM »
It's hard to say. Seems to me that the problem has more to do with discipline and focus than player talent. You can fix that. If there weren't anybody good on the D then it'd be game over. There are good players there playing poorly, and that might get resolved. Shipping somebody off to Cleveland for being a putz might be the ticket. 

Remember, 3 years ago around this time people were wondering if it was time to unload Brady after getting clobbered by the Chiefs.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »
No I understand but the defenses in that teams didn't look that bad. This defense really looks bad.   I'm still hoping that they can get to middle of the pack defensively and then I'll feel better.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »
Denver.... What the actual fuck?  In Denver.   :loser:

I am chalking that up to growing pains under a rookie head coach.  The whole team looked flat, which to me is always on coaching.  It reminded me of '09 when they started 6-0 under a rookie head coach (McCheater), had a bye, and then got smoked by the Ravens.  Given the upcoming schedule, last night's loss could end up proving very costly.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1458 on: October 17, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »
I see both sides of this.  This isn't new, but then again, Belichick isn't the best coach in football history because he takes it easy and assumes it will all work itself out.  We haven't seen the last (or even the first?) of the fixes, and while we KNOW they will come, it's hard to assess at this point without knowing what the next step is or will be.

I also know that we aren't a 50-pt per game offense, so we need at least a decent defense to get where we need to go.   

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1459 on: October 17, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
Post-Week 6 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. Philadelphia - 5-1 despite a tough schedule to start the season; they are legit contenders
2. Kansas City -  looked awful in a loss that wasn't as close as the final score
3. Pittsburgh - they are still a schizo team, but 4-2 is 4-2, and that was an impressive win at KC; they'd be the best team if they were that prepared every week
4. Washington - major scare against SF, but still have looked great for most of the season
5. New England - seems crazy for them to be this high, given how bad their D is, but it is getting a little better, and the offense is just fine
6. New Orleans - their defense being good suddenly has to be biggest surprise of October
7. Carolina - as always, Cam has a really high ceiling and a low floor; good luck getting what you are getting from week to week
8. Denver - brutal home loss to a 0-5 team; the next month will say a lot about this team
9. LA Rams - nice road win over a game Jags team
10. Seattle - all of their upcoming tough games are on the road, so they have a chance to make a run

Trending Up
Minnesota - the NFC North is theirs for the taking now
Miami - can be a playoff team if the offense gets it together at all; the D is legit
Houston - can Watson keep it up?
Arizona - will a rejuvenated AP get them to the playoffs?
Tennessee - can they start living up to the hype on a consistent basis?

Trending Down
Green Bay - 4-1 with Rodgers, now destined for 6-10 or 7-9 without him
Oakland - defense stinks, and the problems on offense are aplenty
Detroit - the defense has gone from being a strength to a major liability, just like that
Dallas - can they turn it around?
Atlanta - the Super Bowl loss hangover is real

Bottom 5
28. Chicago - a lot to like about this team, but a lot of work to still do
29. Ny Giants - gutsy win, but too little too late
30. Indianapolis - like the Seattle game, played pretty well for a while and then fell apart
31. San Francisco - playing teams tough, but can't win
32. Cleveland -  :lol :lol

NFL MVP Top 5
1. Carson Wentz - this guy will be in the top tier of NFL QBs very soon
2. Tom Brady - if he stays healthy, this award is his to win, now that Rodgers is hurt
3. Alex Smith - stock is dropping a bit after that pitiful performance
4. Kareem Hunt - will need to carry more of the load as the passing game slows down a bit
5. DeShaun Watson - amazing what a different a QB makes

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1460 on: October 17, 2017, 07:17:19 PM »

NFL MVP Top 5
2. Tom Brady - if he stays healthy, this award is his to win, now that Rodgers is hurt

At best, the Pats would be 1-5 without him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1461 on: October 17, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Not sure about that.  They probably could have still beaten the Saints (who were still a mess then) and Jets with Jimmy G, and probably TB, too (offense didn't exactly light it up that game). 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1462 on: October 17, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »
Not sure about that.  They probably could have still beaten the Saints (who were still a mess then) and Jets with Jimmy G, and probably TB, too (offense didn't exactly light it up that game).

They BARELY beat the Jets and Bucs WITH Brady.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1463 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »

They BARELY beat the Jets and Bucs WITH Brady.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1464 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:58 PM »
I am aware.  It's impossible to know how those games play out with Jimmy G, who is likely the best backup QB in the league (and possibly better than quite a few starters).  They went 3-1 without Brady last year.  They would survive.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1465 on: October 17, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »
There's lots to like about Jimmy G. But the O-Line had been brutal. I think it's only been Brady's experience that has allowed them to survive these games. Not sure Jimmy G would've handled it all the same.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: October 17, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »
The defense also played a lot better last year that afforded them to miss Brady and go 3 and 1.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:38:52 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1467 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:42 PM »
Right, and don't forget, Brissett played 2/3's of one win and won another himself. Jimmy G only played what? 5 or 6 quarters?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1468 on: October 17, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »

So of the 4 regional covers, only Brady has survived. Word around here is that Edelman loves Brady so much, he took it for him.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1469 on: October 18, 2017, 06:59:33 AM »
3. Pittsburgh - they are still a schizo team, but 4-2 is 4-2, and that was an impressive win at KC; they'd be the best team if they were that prepared every week

Isn't that the truth. It's become almost cliche around Pittsburgh at this point. We simply wait for this super skilled team to get up for the tough games and completely fall apart on the road against sub-500 teams.