Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 265743 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #4725 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
The B is for Belly.

That's what i told my nephew when he was 14 asking what my rap name would be. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4726 on: August 24, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »
Damn.  What a hell of a weekend.  We hit up Providence, RI on Wednesday, took a very cool gondola ride around the city, got some excellent pizza and some Mexican, and took a walk around looking at the city in general.

Thursday, we rode into Boston, took the Subway into town and took a cruise of inner Boston Harbor area, checking out all the sights, then got on a trolley tour of the city.  Went to dinner at a random Irish pub, then went over to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, across the street to the Hard Rock Café, then hoofed it a good bit to the Bull and Finch, aka Cheers.  The exterior shot used for the bar on the show.  The inside is different, as what's seen on TV was a constructed set.  Took the subway back and crashed at the hotel for the night.

Friday, got up to serious rain, took a taxi to the MIT museum, long enough for the rain to stop, then took the subway over to Regina Pizzeria, which is apparently one of the more awesome places to go for pizza in town.  We went with the Meatball Pomodoro Fresco, based on reviews I'd read:  Marinated tomatoes, Regina’s (sliced) meatballs, Mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan cheese, Regina’s garlic sauce and fresh basil.  DAMN good.  From there, we visited the Paul Revere house, then took the subway to the Samuel Adams brewery for a tour/tasting.  Headed back to the hotel to rest a bit, then over to a new place (for us), Burger Dive.  Pretty decent, I was more enthralled by the bananas foster milkshake I had.

Next morning, we went to Kelly's Diner, the first place ever featured on Diner's Drive-Ins, and Dives.  We'd DVR'd some episodes and decided to watch some the night before leaving.  They just aired a new episode where Guy went back and revisited the FIRST episode, and offered commentary over it (kinda like Pop-Up Video).  The very first place he goes is this diner, I look it up and see it's 2 miles from our hotel.  Had to do it and I'm glad we did.  The homemade corned beef hash alone was worth the trip.  Later, we met up with king and the Mrs. for lunch and some beer.  Great people, great time had by all.  Then we headed down to Foxboro for the whole point of the trip, AC/DC, supported by the band Vintage Trouble.  VT was a pretty damned cool band.  Think Wilson Pickett meets James Brown, backed by a rocking band.  And it goes without saying that AC/DC put on an unbelievable show.  It was our first time seeing them and they absolutely did not disappoint.

Then, as noted above, we had figured to drive a couple hours and either pull over at a truck stop for a few Zs or get a hotel room.  But somehow, between the two of us switching off, we made the entire 6+ hour drive back home.  Unreal.

So it was nice to be back home in my own bed.  Now this Friday, we drive down to Roanoke, VA for my niece's wedding, then the next day we head to Asheville, NC to visit Mrs. C's grandmother.  9 states in 12 days.  Holy crap.

Also, according to my pedometer, between Wednesday morning and Thursday night, we logged over 50,000 steps.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:21:52 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4727 on: August 24, 2015, 08:18:47 AM »
Please think of the children.

I thought the courts put a stop to you thinking of the children any more.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4728 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:38 AM »

They can do a lot of things in this day and age, but NOT control my thoughts. As soon as they do, I'm heading for the hills.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4729 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:58 AM »

They can do a lot of things in this day and age, but NOT control my thoughts. As soon as they do, I'm heading for the hills.

But only if that's what they control you to do.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4730 on: August 24, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »
Damn.  What a hell of a weekend.  We hit up Providence, RI on Wednesday, took a very cool gondola ride around the city, got some excellent pizza and some Mexican, and took a walk around looking at the city in general.

Thursday, we rode into Boston, took the Subway into town and took a cruise of inner Boston Harbor area, checking out all the sights, then got on a trolley tour of the city.  Went to dinner at a random Irish pub, then went over to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, across the street to the Hard Rock Café, then hoofed it a good bit to the Bull and Finch, aka Cheers.  The exterior shot used for the bar on the show.  The inside is different, as what's seen on TV was a constructed set.  Took the subway back and crashed at the hotel for the night.

Friday, got up to serious rain, took a taxi to the MIT museum, long enough for the rain to stop, then took the subway over to Regina Pizzeria, which is apparently one of the more awesome places to go for pizza in town.  We went with the Meatball Pomodoro Fresco, based on reviews I'd read:  Marinated tomatoes, Regina’s (sliced) meatballs, Mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan cheese, Regina’s garlic sauce and fresh basil.  DAMN good.  From there, we visited the Paul Revere house, then took the subway to the Samuel Adams brewery for a tour/tasting.  Headed back to the hotel to rest a bit, then over to a new place (for us), Burger Dive.  Pretty decent, I was more enthralled by the bananas foster milkshake I had.

Next morning, we went to Kelly's Diner, the first place ever featured on Diner's Drive-Ins, and Dives.  We'd DVR'd some episodes and decided to watch some the night before leaving.  They just aired a new episode where Guy went back and revisited the FIRST episode, and offered commentary over it (kinda like Pop-Up Video).  The very first place he goes is this diner, I look it up and see it's 2 miles from our hotel.  Had to do it and I'm glad we did.  The homemade corned beef hash alone was worth the trip.  Later, we met up with king and the Mrs. for lunch and some beer.  Great people, great time had by all.  Then we headed down to Foxboro for the whole point of the trip, AC/DC, supported by the band Vintage Trouble.  VT was a pretty damned cool band.  Think Wilson Pickett meets James Brown, backed by a rocking band.  And it goes without saying that AC/DC put on an unbelievable show.  It was our first time seeing them and they absolutely did not disappoint.

Then, as noted above, we had figured to drive a couple hours and either pull over at a truck stop for a few Zs or get a hotel room.  But somehow, between the two of us switching off, we made the entire 6+ hour drive back home.  Unreal.

So it was nice to be back home in my own bed.  Now this Friday, we drive down to Roanoke, VA for my niece's wedding, then the next day we head to Asheville, NC to visit Mrs. C's grandmother.  9 states in 12 days.  Holy crap.

Also, according to my pedometer, between Wednesday morning and Thursday night, we logged over 50,000 steps.

:metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4731 on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »
Did an extra hour today at work . Hey if you pay me :neverusethis:

Day off tomorrow though.

:)

Decided to walk a 3 mile round trip every evening for a week and listen to a different Mastodon album.

Last night was Crack The Skye in full. Tonight is The Hunter in full. Tomorrow is probably Once More Round The Sun then i'll work my way backwards from Blood Mountain.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4732 on: August 24, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
Helluva trip Coz.  Sounds like an awesome time was had.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4733 on: August 24, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »
yo
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4734 on: August 25, 2015, 05:16:10 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4735 on: August 25, 2015, 05:55:39 AM »
Word.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4736 on: August 25, 2015, 05:57:49 AM »
Powerpoint

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4737 on: August 25, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »
Excel

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4738 on: August 25, 2015, 06:01:09 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4739 on: August 25, 2015, 06:04:28 AM »
Kill The Rolling Stones Zydar!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4740 on: August 25, 2015, 06:10:30 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4741 on: August 25, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »
 :biggrin:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4742 on: August 25, 2015, 06:13:34 AM »
I think every voice in that clip except the ramones was Harry Shearer.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4743 on: August 25, 2015, 06:33:08 AM »
I think he does my voice in real life.  He's amazing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4744 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:40 AM »
Morning
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4745 on: August 25, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »
Morning sir.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4746 on: August 25, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »
Power just came back on after being out for 3 hours. It was HORRIBLE.

At least my laptop was charged up though, so I could get a bit of programming done.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4747 on: August 25, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »
Every time the power goes out, I acted like a big baby.  I can't live without my technology.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4748 on: August 25, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »
Every time the power goes out, I acted like a big baby.  I can't live without my technology.

The rest of my family just basically went to sleep even though it was really early. :lol
Since my laptop was fully charged, I got through all 3 hours with a screen in front of me. :blob: Of course without power, I had no internet, so it was limiting. I was really brave.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4749 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:00 AM »
That's the best part about have all gas appliances. I just keep making breakfasts until the power comes back on.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4750 on: August 25, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
I wouldn't be cooking breakfast with some deathtrap gas device at midnight in the dark. But hey, that's just me. :neverusethis:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4751 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »
I don't need electricity to make my usual dinner.

Hey - why do I need to eat HOT cardboard ? :neverusethis:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4752 on: August 25, 2015, 09:10:48 AM »
This is a great idea.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4753 on: August 25, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »
I just was that too in Columbus, OH.  It's a great idea!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4754 on: August 25, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »
What? The lights? Everywhere here has those.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4755 on: August 25, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
I know I could just up and pick a hundred things for this, but I'll let you guys have some fun.

I will be test driving some cars later and need a CD to try out the sound system with. Needs to have clean, strong production so that I can compare it at home easily with how it sounds in the cars.

GO
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4756 on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »

Yeah, they don't have them anywhere close to me Blob.

Nick.  Last 2 Steven Wilson albums.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4757 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
DEATH MAGNETIC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4758 on: August 25, 2015, 10:52:04 AM »
DEATH MAGNETIC

Blob, not rape his ears.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4759 on: August 25, 2015, 01:04:17 PM »

I never heard of these until this morning.