Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 267840 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #4340 on: August 05, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
Morning chumps and the king of all chumps Blob.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4341 on: August 05, 2015, 08:25:44 AM »
Morning kingchumpland!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4342 on: August 05, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »
Sir Chump to you. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4343 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
Sorry Sir. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4344 on: August 05, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »
How's it going today?  I got an allergy test yesterday (70 needles) and I'm allergic to 4 types of grass, 5 types of mold, 3 types of trees, dust mites and some weird root that can be in shampoo and toothpaste.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4345 on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:11 AM »
How's it going today?  I got an allergy test yesterday (70 needles) and I'm allergic to 4 types of grass, 5 types of mold, 3 types of trees, dust mites and some weird root that can be in shampoo and toothpaste.

Better to know, I suppose. Any particular reason you had the test done? Hopefully nothing too bad!

Dr Blob can also confirm that you're allergic to correct grammar.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4346 on: August 05, 2015, 09:48:43 AM »
Yes.  Spelling makes be break out. :lol

I have this nasal drip that makes me couch and get stuffed up all the time.  So i was just tired of it and finally got tested.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4347 on: August 05, 2015, 09:50:34 AM »

I have this nasal drip that makes me couch

Zydar........you there?  The king has a :zydarscouch: problem  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4348 on: August 05, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
Morning, what's on your plates today?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4349 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:39 AM »
CGI Jeff Bridges from Tron Legacy was impressive.

He really wasn't.

But CGI 1984 Arnie in Terminator Genisys looked pretty damn good.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4350 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »

Good job you're not allergic to needles  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4351 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »
CGI Jeff Bridges from Tron Legacy was impressive.

He really wasn't.

But CGI 1984 Arnie in Terminator Genisys looked pretty damn good.

The model and rendering were quite good, but there was very limited facial animation, being an emotionless robot, and they had precise 3D scans of the head and reference footage to help them out. I'm not sure how well it would have help up under any other circumstances (which I guess doesn't really matter, as it did the job).
Overall I thought the CG in Genisys was not very good, but I thought the movie itself was great.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4352 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:12 AM »
Genisys was a lot better than I was expecting. I was expecting Total Recall 2012 levels of suckage.

The entire opening act was great. And I really liked Jason Clarke as John Connor.

The Asian T-1000 was the most redundant part of the entire movie. Why was he dressed the same as the original T-1000 ? Because T2 ?

So he just turns up in 1984 and the first person he kills & mimics just happens to be a police officer wearing the same uniform...

That whole plotline didn't go anywhere. He could have been 1984 Arnie and it would have made more sense.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4353 on: August 05, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »
Genisys was a lot better than I was expecting. I was expecting Total Recall 2012 levels of suckage.

The entire opening act was great. And I really liked Jason Clarke as John Connor.

The Asian T-1000 was the most redundant part of the entire movie. Why was he dressed the same as the original T-1000 ? Because T2 ?

So he just turns up in 1984 and the first person he kills & mimics just happens to be a police officer wearing the same uniform...

That whole plotline didn't go anywhere. He could have been 1984 Arnie and it would have made more sense.

In a practical sense, they would have wanted to eliminate 1984 Arnie as quickly as possible because of the CG involved, and they also probably needed a bad guy to throw the scent off John Connor being the bad guy for most of the movie (which they stupidly gave away in the trailer anyway). Why was he a cop? Maybe just coincidence that it was the best way to track down the target, or maybe the T-1000 is programmed with the directive to take out someone of authority to make it easier to fulfill its mission, having access to police resources and not worrying about anyone else interfering.
He was ultimately redundant to the plot, but I can see how he served some purpose.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4354 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:03 AM »
Tonight my wife and I are attending a fundraiser for breast cancer research at a local restaurant.  The place is known for their ribs.

The fundraiser/promotion is called "Eat a rack - Save a rack."

We are so in there.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4355 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:20 AM »
Tonight my wife and I are attending a fundraiser for breast cancer research at a local restaurant.  The place is known for their ribs.

The fundraiser/promotion is called "Eat a rack - Save a rack."

We are so in there.

That is beautiful.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4356 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
We thought so.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4357 on: August 05, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »

In a practical sense, they would have wanted to eliminate 1984 Arnie as quickly as possible because of the CG involved, and they also probably needed a bad guy to throw the scent off John Connor being the bad guy for most of the movie (which they stupidly gave away in the trailer anyway). Why was he a cop? Maybe just coincidence that it was the best way to track down the target, or maybe the T-1000 is programmed with the directive to take out someone of authority to make it easier to fulfill its mission, having access to police resources and not worrying about anyone else interfering.
He was ultimately redundant to the plot, but I can see how he served some purpose.

All that.  But the liquid metal FX looked better in 1992.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4358 on: August 05, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »

I'd say about comparable for the CG, although it was certainly more impressive in 1991. I'm not sure what else you'd do with the effect though, and they were trying to copy the original. The practical effects give T2 the edge though, especially the blobs at the end initially forming back together.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4359 on: August 05, 2015, 11:00:12 AM »

I have this nasal drip that makes me couch

Zydar........you there?  The king has a :zydarscouch: problem  :lol

:lol

I'm not allergic to them.  They are my thrones. :lol

Good job you're not allergic to needles  :lol

Wasn't too bad but yeah!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4360 on: August 05, 2015, 11:02:57 AM »

I'd say about comparable for the CG, although it was certainly more impressive in 1991. I'm not sure what else you'd do with the effect though, and they were trying to copy the original. The practical effects give T2 the edge though, especially the blobs at the end initially forming back together.

I definitely thought that overall it was better than the previous movie at the very least. Probably about on par with 3. Not bad but not awful.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4361 on: August 05, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »
THIS THREAD IS TOO QUIET.

REAPER - I WANT GOOD NEWS AND / OR BIKING STORIES. GO.

JAY - I WANT GOOD NEWS FROM WORK - ACTIVATE.

HEF - no.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4362 on: August 05, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »
We have no one to fill a couple shifts coming up... So it looks like I may have 2 more 12 hour shifts coming up. One of them right after a turn around shift. (Work 3p-11p, go home, come back at 7a till 7p, go home, come back and work 7a-7p again)

:emo:

Yea work is the reason I've been so quiet. Even right now, which is my DAY OFF, I am trying to figure coverage out.

And this is right after telling my boss that I am NOT working any more OVERTIME until the end of the month.

Yea right.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4363 on: August 05, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
We have no one to fill a couple shifts coming up... So it looks like I may have 2 more 12 hour shifts coming up. One of them right after a turn around shift. (Work 3p-11p, go home, come back at 7a till 7p, go home, come back and work 7a-7p again)

:emo:

Yea work is the reason I've been so quiet. Even right now, which is my DAY OFF, I am trying to figure coverage out.

And this is right after telling my boss that I am NOT working any more OVERTIME until the end of the month.

Yea right.

Sounds hectic, Jay. Sorry to hear.

You got this. :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4364 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:18 AM »
Morning folks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4365 on: August 06, 2015, 06:05:08 AM »
MORNING.

Why does grilled bread taste better than using a toaster ? Is it because you dont get any bread poking out of the toaster which remains bread ? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4366 on: August 06, 2015, 06:30:07 AM »
Grilled I don't know but I use my toaster all the time for my toast.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4367 on: August 06, 2015, 06:46:33 AM »
Yo yo yo.  Gettin me some chknpotpie for dinner tonight.

:caffeine:

Phoenix is hot as fuck.  How (or more importantly, WHY) the hell do people live here?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4368 on: August 06, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
Approaching my first week in my new house and it's been great ( so far ).

Small problems like - my wet room collects water in one spot that doesn't dry - so i just bought a mop to run over the floor once i'm done showering. Solved. :tup

Also - I have to pay all utilities. I don't need hot water for washing up, my shower is electric and it's summer so I don't need the gas until Winter = less bills :tup

Doing way more hours at work so that *should* easily hold me over until my housing allowance is paid.

The upstairs flat *so far* hasn't been noisy. My first night was a bit stressful as I was expecting to hear loud music at 3am. Hasn't happened yet.

Plus this time - if things *do* get a bit noisy - My Dad's house and my Grandad's house are 6 miles away so i've got other places I can crash for the night. In Reading I was kinda trapped in my flat.

IRONY TIME !

Work is like a 5 minute walk from my house - so I don't really have any excuse to be late but on Wednesday - my alarm was set for 8:30 to get me in to work for 10:00 - but for whatever

reason It didn't wake me up and I woke up - at 10:00am :lol oopsie.

Sounds good ! :tup. My absolute favourite meal is Cottage Pie with a drizzling of ketchup. SO GOOD.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4369 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:12 AM »

Sounds good ! :tup. My absolute favourite meal is Cottage Pie with a drizzling of ketchup. SO GOOD.

Methinks you missed my point.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4370 on: August 06, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »
We want the obligatory DTF meetup pic later then.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4371 on: August 06, 2015, 07:05:11 AM »

Methinks you missed my point.

:metal Who 'kin cares ? Cottage Pie.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4372 on: August 06, 2015, 07:05:30 AM »
We want the obligatory DTF MEATUP pic later then.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4373 on: August 06, 2015, 07:13:58 AM »

:caffeine:

Phoenix is hot as fuck.  How (or more importantly, WHY) the hell do people live here?

I've always wondered that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4374 on: August 06, 2015, 07:40:30 AM »
We want the obligatory DTF meetup pic later then.

But of course!