Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 265802 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #3290 on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:01 PM »
Galileo Figaroooo
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3291 on: July 04, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
Not sure if Looney Tunes or Queen.

That sounds like a fun game. Looney Tunes or Queen.

I just walked to the shops and bought an American soda. Honey Cream. Haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine it not being amazing.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3292 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:02 AM »
Bicycle

Bicycle

I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE I WANT TO RIDE MY BIKE I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE I WANT TO RIDE IT WHERE I LIKE

bicycle

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3293 on: July 04, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »
Morning. What's the brand of that soda Blob?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3294 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »
Morning, bitches.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3295 on: July 04, 2015, 06:02:51 AM »
You haven't chocolate pound cake for breakfast Hef?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3296 on: July 04, 2015, 06:06:45 AM »
Morning. What's the brand of that soda Blob?

I'm too lazy to go downstairs to the bar fridge and check, but I believe it was this-
https://www.orcabeverage.com/storefront/retro_soda_pop/americana%20_honey_cream.html

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3297 on: July 04, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »
You haven't chocolate pound cake for breakfast Hef?
Ha, no, that is to take to my Mom's later on.

Never heard of that soda.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3298 on: July 04, 2015, 06:08:55 AM »
Never heard of that soda.

Neither have I, but it was there, so I figured what the hell.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3299 on: July 04, 2015, 06:14:52 AM »
I never heard of that brand name as well. 

Hef, it would be awesome with coffee.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3300 on: July 04, 2015, 06:45:22 AM »
Morning guys.

I'm regretting helping my coworker out last night. I wouND up not getting to sleep till after 12:30am... and was up again at 5... and I've got another coworker asking me to come in early to cover him.

No.

I will get there when I damn well please.

Lol

Happy 4th and shit
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3301 on: July 04, 2015, 08:25:29 AM »
Jay it's July 4th. QUIT YOUR JOB.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: July 04, 2015, 10:27:07 AM »
lol no.

So the sick coworker got off at 7am and is coming back at 3pm. I got the approval to stay late and let him get a couple more hours of rest. So I am working 7a-5p today with the possibility of staying till 7p if needed. Its a lot but its worth it. $$$$$$$$$ plus I get to help my supervisor set up for the even (they hold a fireworks show in the harbor every year and my little corner of the harbor is the best viewing spot) and I get to play dispatcher once things get going. :tup
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3303 on: July 04, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »
I just realized that it was three years ago yesterday that I went to my first Dream Theater show. My, how time flies.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3304 on: July 04, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
I just realized that it was three years ago yesterday that I went to my first Dream Theater show. My, how time flies.

No. That's a Porcupine Tree song.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3305 on: July 04, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »
:JayOctavarium: Fear Of A Black & White Penguin.

So i had a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good day :)

Work was crazy busy and I barely stopped for 5 hours. But we made loads of profit today and tippers were generous :)

After my shift I went for a long drive as the weather was great. Went to one beach and had a latte in the beach front cafe. Then I went to another beach and saw my Dad's car in the car park so parked

next to him and went to find him. He was there having a BBQ with my stepmum and their son and foster kids and all their friends :)

So they had a bonfire and has toasted marshmallows til the tide came in and washed it away. Then we all went home :D

Finally I went for one last cruise as it was getting dark and I pretty much just got home :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3306 on: July 04, 2015, 06:28:11 PM »
Sweet.

I just got home from work.

10 hours... most of them playing dispatcher. My voice is hoarse...

And I could have stayed an extra 2 if I wanted to... but... meh

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3307 on: July 05, 2015, 01:44:11 AM »
twelve hour shift :dangerwillrobinson:

Would you have got paid overtime for that ?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3308 on: July 05, 2015, 01:47:33 AM »
:JayOctavarium: Fear Of A Black & White Penguin.

So i had a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good day :)

Work was crazy busy and I barely stopped for 5 hours. But we made loads of profit today and tippers were generous :)

After my shift I went for a long drive as the weather was great. Went to one beach and had a latte in the beach front cafe. Then I went to another beach and saw my Dad's car in the car park so parked

next to him and went to find him. He was there having a BBQ with my stepmum and their son and foster kids and all their friends :)

So they had a bonfire and has toasted marshmallows til the tide came in and washed it away. Then we all went home :D

Finally I went for one last cruise as it was getting dark and I pretty much just got home :)

That sounds very nice, especially with you not planning it. Nothing beats spending time with family/friends. :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3309 on: July 05, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »
Yeah and if you plan things like that - oftentimes it doesn't work out as well.

I've always found that - if you had a great day doing something - if you try and repeat it - it's never as good the second time.

You just need all the elements to line up perfectly - which you can never plan. It just has to happen.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3310 on: July 05, 2015, 02:17:35 AM »
Yeah and if you plan things like that - oftentimes it doesn't work out as well.

I've always found that - if you had a great day doing something - if you try and repeat it - it's never as good the second time.

You just need all the elements to line up perfectly - which you can never plan. It just has to happen.

Also because everybody needs to want to do it, not be obligated to do it. Luckily I have plenty of moments where I'm spending good time with people, even just watching TV or whatever, it doesn't really matter.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3311 on: July 05, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »
Morning, guys.

We had a great time over the 4th.  Visited my Mom, and my brother also came up.  Barbecue, beer, cigars, and an epic game of rummy.  Fun was had by all.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3312 on: July 05, 2015, 04:25:32 AM »
Same here.  Food, family, beer and fireworks.  Man I'm tired.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3313 on: July 05, 2015, 04:42:11 AM »
Same here, and I have to be at church in less than an hour for soundcheck/run-through, and then the service.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3314 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:10 AM »
Only food shopping and fixing the nets on our blueberry bushes.  Then, on my recliner today.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3315 on: July 05, 2015, 05:41:04 AM »
Heading to Canada's Wonderland (our 6-flags) in a bit with jingle.son.  First trip of the season for us - though he's been once with friends already.

Has been a busy few days with the 'honey-do' list.  And one of the projects didn't quite turn out as expected (putting a faux-stone surface on the front porch).  It's a paint-like mixture that get's troweled on the concrete to make it a stone-texture.  However, the colour didn't darken at all, and now it's basically white.  So, now I've got to triage some solution when I get back from the park.  Was hoping to see  Terminator Genisys tonight, but I'm not sure I've got the time.

2 days until another beer-fest with King... and the Queen!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3316 on: July 05, 2015, 05:56:51 AM »
We've got to paint the living room and hallway.  Not looking forward to it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3317 on: July 05, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
twelve hour shift :dangerwillrobinson:

Would you have got paid overtime for that ?

Usually yes, but I was getting holiday pay, time and a half, already. The company wouldn't pay on top of that until after the 12th hour.. not sure how legal it is but I don't mind

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3318 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »
Jay is in the money !!! ($_$)

:omg:

What a contrast to yesterday ! Work was the same - we were crammed !!! SO busy that people were sharing tables to accommodate other customers.

We made *double* what we usually make on a Sunday and tips were not bad either  :tup

But the weather !

OH MY GEE.

Torrential Rain almost all day. had to ride to work in it. Luckily I had my waterproofs on but still got soaked !!!!

It's cleared up nicely now so gonna take her out for a long drive to dry it out :) :)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3319 on: July 05, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »
WHO DIED IN THIS THREAD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3320 on: July 05, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
Sorry, I didn't flush.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3321 on: July 05, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
For the fourth, I made otai for my family and friends. Otai is a polynesian fruit drink made from watermelon, coconut, pineapple, and a feet other fruits. Its amazing.

Then I played some N64 with my friends and watched some fireworks.

Pretty good day if you ask me.

And another thing. Is Aquarius by Haken out of print or something? Everywhere I look, it is unusually expensive and Amazon doesn't have it in stock. I tried to buy it at my local record store a couple of weeks ago, but the man behind the counter could only find Haken's other stuff on his website.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:54:27 PM by Cedar redaC »
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3322 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:44 PM »
Ugh I had a shit fucking day today.

Well work was great but it all went to shit when I got home.

Huge argument broke out between Jenna and I.

I said fuck it and left.

Went for a nice long ass walk and wound up at my buddy's work for a bit, and then back at my work.

It's sad that I GO TO WORK to clear my head.

FML

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3323 on: July 06, 2015, 12:04:26 AM »
:hug:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3324 on: July 06, 2015, 02:00:11 AM »
This is why I stay single. . . .