Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 265800 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #3220 on: June 29, 2015, 03:58:38 PM »
Hey,  so much crap today.  Still at work. I'll vent later.

:corn
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3221 on: June 29, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »
Afternoon folks

Hey reap. I went for a LONG drive today. Slowly getting more confident going round corners without slowing down dramatically. Feels so good once you overcome your fear of actually leaning into the corner. :) :)

But as I said before - my bike will go 70 maximum. And I rarely hit that. I just love cruising :)

That's good man don't get too overconfident. I love to cruise too. You have to learn to trust your rubber, it takes a little while but once you do you'll have no problem carving corners.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3222 on: June 29, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
Today is a great day. Sure I'm running on four hours of sleep, but I would live this day again in a minute.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3223 on: June 29, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
Afternoon folks

Hey reap. I went for a LONG drive today. Slowly getting more confident going round corners without slowing down dramatically. Feels so good once you overcome your fear of actually leaning into the corner. :) :)

But as I said before - my bike will go 70 maximum. And I rarely hit that. I just love cruising :)

That's good man don't get too overconfident. I love to cruise too. You have to learn to trust your rubber, it takes a little while but once you do you'll have no problem carving corners.

Yeah today was better. Hated the few rides after changing the tyre. Was constantly stopping to check I wasn't flat as I was convinced I was wobbling all over the place.

But the tyre is like a rock and Dad and I took the wheel off and checked everything and nothing is wrong.

Just my imagination I guess.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3224 on: June 29, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
My biggest problem right now is burning through £10 of petrol in only 4 days :lol **

We have some amazing roads for driving on around here :) Plus it's summer and the weather is amazing.

I was actually HOT riding my bike today !!

** About 170 miles on a tank.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3225 on: June 29, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
I get about 150 miles to the tank with a 3.6 gallon tank, not bad considering it's a sport bike.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3226 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:24 AM »
Good morning guys, I can't wait until Sunday. Our mattress gets here and I finally get to stop sleeping on this air mattress. My body aches.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3227 on: June 30, 2015, 07:36:13 AM »
Good morning, folks.  How goes the good fight?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3228 on: June 30, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »
Hey there.  Had a kid get hit in the face outside when getting propane when a 50 MPH gust of wind moved an unlocked barn door of a trailer.  I was with him at the hospital until 10:30 pm Sunday night then got up at 4:30 am to work a 12 hour day. Hard 2 days let me tell you.  I fell bad for the kid.  He's a single father with 3 boys.  Hard to get time to go to the doctors.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3229 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:20 AM »
What instrument did you use to measure wind speed?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3230 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »
Hey there.  Had a kid get hit in the face outside when getting propane when a 50 MPH gust of wind moved an unlocked barn door of a trailer.  I was with him at the hospital until 10:30 pm Sunday night then got up at 4:30 am to work a 12 hour day. Hard 2 days let me tell you.  I fell bad for the kid.  He's a single father with 3 boys.  Hard to get time to go to the doctors.

You're a good dude, king.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3231 on: June 30, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
What instrument did you use to measure wind speed?

It's called a TV, and I looked outside the window at all the tree branches falling in my yard.  I live in the same town.

You're a good dude, king.

Thank Blob.  I feel bad for him.  We lost our safety bonus and I can tell he's upset about letting others down.  It was a fluke thing but you've always have to be aware of your surroundings.  Only you can keep you safe.

BTW, I saw the first episode of Humans last night.  Really interesting idea.  Cool to see how actors portray robots hiding their humanity if i could use that term.  I also watched Falling Skies and wondered why you never watched that show.  I love it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3232 on: June 30, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
BTW, I saw the first episode of Humans last night.  Really interesting idea.  Cool to see how actors portray robots hiding their humanity if i could use that term.  I also watched Falling Skies and wondered why you never watched that show.  I love it.

Odi (the old man's synth) is especially good, having to play a less advanced android that is also malfunctioning. Now go and use the damn thread! :P
It's easily my favourite show this year.

Many shows I haven't seen yet or need to catch up on. For now I've got a few active scifi shows, so I probably won't be watching any others too soon.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3233 on: June 30, 2015, 10:35:30 AM »
How far ahead are you in the series?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3234 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
I saw episode 3 when episode 1 aired in the US, so two episodes ahead. It just keeps getting better imo.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: June 30, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Sweet.  A few new show are really good this year.  Strong starts.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #3236 on: June 30, 2015, 06:03:42 PM »
That reminds me, I need to catch up on Falling Skies. The last thing I saw was the end of season 2.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3237 on: July 01, 2015, 03:56:41 AM »
Damn, it's early.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3238 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:07 AM »
What's got you up so early?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3239 on: July 01, 2015, 06:08:40 AM »
Canada Day.  Adding on to Independence Day, and I'm making it a 5-day weekend.

Except for the fact that someone ROYALLY f'd up at work last night, and created a $22,000 issue for one of my customers that I'm invariably going to have to deal with over the next day or two.  Why can't people fucking think for themselves and do the right thing?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3240 on: July 01, 2015, 06:46:52 AM »
Chad, I just had an employee that asked me to take a day off to try to find a new doctor.  I told him since he works 4 days a week, he could do that on his day off Monday.

The answer........"Oh yeah". :facepalm:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3241 on: July 01, 2015, 06:49:31 AM »
"Find a new doctor" is code for "I procrastinated and I need to cross the border and buy fireworks before the 4th of July ASAP"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3242 on: July 01, 2015, 06:54:05 AM »
"Find a new doctor" is code for "I procrastinated and I need to cross the border and buy fireworks before the 4th of July ASAP"

My answer to him was no.  We have a point system.  He needs to be here.  It's the busy season.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3243 on: July 01, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »
Victoria and I are thinking of spending Christmas away from our families this year. I hope Cuba is open for business by then.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:36 AM »
That would be quite the unique vacation.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3245 on: July 01, 2015, 06:59:02 AM »
What's got you up so early?
I bet he's still up. It's late!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3246 on: July 01, 2015, 07:35:43 AM »
Morning, folks.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3247 on: July 01, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »
Morning Hef.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3248 on: July 01, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »
Victoria and I are thinking of spending Christmas away from our families this year. I hope Cuba is open for business by then.

Cuba is nothing special.  Trust me.  There are hundreds of better places in the Caribbean to go.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3249 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »

Cuba is nothing special.  Trust me.  There are hundreds of better places in the Caribbean to go.

True. But I'm assuming three things;

1) To promote tourism, things like hotels will be priced very competitively when compared to surrounding locations.
2) Everything will be new
3) The sand on the beaches and the booze in my glass will be the same regardless of where I go.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3250 on: July 01, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

True. But I'm assuming three things;

1) To promote tourism, things like hotels will be priced very competitively when compared to surrounding locations.
2) Everything will be new
3) The sand on the beaches and the booze in my glass will be the same regardless of where I go.

As will your gut-rot from the shit food.  I don't know a single person that has said they prefer Cuba over any other island, or tourist areas of Mexico.  Oh, and stay on the resort.  At least with other islands, you can explore and do other off-site excursions.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3251 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
Morning.

I'm up, awake , showered.... and have nothing to do. Lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3252 on: July 01, 2015, 01:33:20 PM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3253 on: July 01, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »
:tup awesome Kotow! Is that a v-strom on the right?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3254 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »
See Next Page - - - - - - >