Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 265715 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #2975 on: June 19, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
Afternoon guys, got some great news today, we are moving into our downtown apartment Tuesday! Can't wait to get the keys.
:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2976 on: June 19, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
On the writing the guy up....

My boss knows of the issues.  The guy is also one of our most reliable and hardest workers. It's a trade off.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2977 on: June 19, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »
That shouldn't matter.  Bad attitudes are what permeates throughout the workforce.  The manager should have a sit down first and stress if he has issues to bring it to the managers attention one on one.  If the poor attitude continues no matter how good the worker he is, he may cause issues with the other workers and their production will lesson. 

So, give him a chance to correct this behavior, and if not, then counsel him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2978 on: June 19, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
If it keeps up I'm going to talk with the higher ups again and have them talk to him. I am not the only one who is having issues.

But all that aside... this has actually turned into a great day. I've got everything done I need to get done in the office and out in the field... and the weather is beautiful right now. So many bikinis....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #2979 on: June 19, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »
Went to the record store today for the purpose of ordering "aquarius" by haken. I happened to flick through the vinyl section when I found the dream theater section. I had no idea that Awake and Falling Into Infinity had been released on vinyl. Then, I saw the Illumination Theory single. A mental argument then ensued on whether I should get the single or Aquarius.

It ain't easy, bein' broke.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2980 on: June 20, 2015, 04:00:28 AM »
Morning
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2981 on: June 20, 2015, 04:09:45 AM »
Morning.  Just got t pack a few things, make breakfast and off to Canada.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2982 on: June 20, 2015, 04:09:57 AM »
Afternoon

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2983 on: June 20, 2015, 04:15:29 AM »
cram, where are you right now?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2984 on: June 20, 2015, 05:47:18 AM »
Another new scifi show out of nowhere, called Killjoys. I haven't finished the first episode yet, but it's ok so far. It's about some space bounty hounters. This might be a good year for scifi after all.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2985 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:10 AM »
Morning!

Where are you going in Canada King?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2986 on: June 20, 2015, 07:15:52 AM »
Morning. Woke up at midnight, just after falling asleep, to find a scheduling mess at work.

Well  someone else handled it but since I was made aware of it I felt the need to inject myself into it. I'm just a masochist like that

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2987 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »
Morning Jay. How many hours a week do you log in at work?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2988 on: June 20, 2015, 07:18:45 AM »
Morning chumps. Nerd convention tomorrow. Not the better one, but it's all good. :blob:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2989 on: June 20, 2015, 07:22:50 AM »
Morning blob, what convention is this?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2990 on: June 20, 2015, 07:25:49 AM »
40 technically. 44-48 a lot of the time..

That's not counting what I do off the clock. Phone calls and what not. I've been told I can log them for hours but it's such a pain in the ass, it's not even worth it. 

I just keep my calls short, except for those few coworkers I actually consider friends.

Last night I only knew there was an issue from a Snapchat sent to me by a coworker who got called in midnight.  My phone was on silent so I don't know what woke me up to actually see it. I asked her what was going on, was told the situation,  and called the supervisor who was on to see what his plan was. (He and I have the policy of 2 heads are better than 1 and tend to bounce ideas off of eachother.)

He had a plan and a backup plan. I warned him of the danger of the plan falling through. Then went to bed.

I woke up this morning to a Snap from my coworker basically informing me that I was right about the plan.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2991 on: June 20, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »

It's called Supanova. We have Comic-Con later in the year. They have crummy guests at this one. Their big draw is the dude from Castle/Firefly. Yawn. The best they've got that I'm interested in is a guy from Stargate who didn't even have a character name for 7 seasons. So yeah.....

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2992 on: June 20, 2015, 08:08:16 AM »
I have to start packing today, I'm not looking forward to it :(

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2993 on: June 20, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »
Morning!

Where are you going in Canada King?

Montreal to see Rush!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2994 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »
I have to start packing today, I'm not looking forward to it :(

:hug: :-*

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2995 on: June 20, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »

It's called Supanova. We have Comic-Con later in the year. They have crummy guests at this one. Their big draw is the dude from Castle/Firefly. Yawn. The best they've got that I'm interested in is a guy from Stargate who didn't even have a character name for 7 seasons. So yeah.....

That's NATHAN FILLION :angry:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2996 on: June 20, 2015, 12:23:23 PM »
KOTO!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2997 on: June 20, 2015, 12:23:52 PM »
That's MISTER Koto W. Boy to YOU !!!! :angry:

What's up, Ja ?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2998 on: June 20, 2015, 12:25:40 PM »
Not much. Halfway through my shift and I am finally fully awake. Just in time for a huge family reunion going on on the property. Gonna be BIZZ-E today.

But I feel good.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2999 on: June 20, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
I'm nursing a sinus cold. Sore throat, aches and pains, sinus headache. It's improving though. Weather is glorious. Been on the beach for 2 hours. Sunning mah fine bod. :cool: :zydar:

17o C here ! :) That's Blob's Coldest ever winter ! :neverusethis:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3000 on: June 20, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »
Its...

errrm...

21C here.

Beautifully sunny.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3001 on: June 20, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »
Pretty busy day. My brother got married this morning. Now the reception is happening now.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3002 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
Redundant redundancy

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3003 on: June 20, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
Good evening peeps.

I just ordered a pizza.

Again.

Because fuck cooking.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3004 on: June 20, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »
The wedding was great. I don't think I've been on my feet for this long since my mission, but the results were well worth it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3005 on: June 21, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »

That's NATHAN FILLION :angry:

Yeah, that dude.

I got a photo with Gary Jones. Cool dude. The voice actor of Fry/Zoidberg was just there at a table but nobody was taking notice. I would have gone up to him, but I had nothing to say, and also I have no social skills. :blob:

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #3006 on: June 21, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »
Poor, neglected Billy West.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3007 on: June 21, 2015, 12:37:51 AM »
Yeah, it was kinda sad. John Dimaggio was getting all of the attention thanks to Adventure Time. I wish I had the social skills to have at least given Billy West a quick hello. :lol :blob:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3008 on: June 21, 2015, 06:03:22 AM »
Good morning from Montreal.  King razzed me about how early he always gets up, and I've already gotten coffee for these guys, and they're all still sawing logs (figuratively)

Grand night of beer tasting was had.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3009 on: June 21, 2015, 06:07:05 AM »
The trip probably took it out of those oldies.