Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 493629 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2170 on: June 09, 2016, 03:18:46 PM »
How many people here have tried Dwarf Fortress? I have an afternoon to kill and I feel like I'm finally going to give it a shot.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2171 on: June 10, 2016, 02:23:43 AM »
What's on everyone's E3 wish list?

Red.
Dead.
Redemption.
I'll buy a PS4 sometime this year if they announce it.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2172 on: June 10, 2016, 07:00:53 AM »

Red.
Dead.
Redemption.

If this comes out on PC with an online mode similar to GTA5 online, I may die.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2173 on: June 10, 2016, 07:05:56 AM »

Red.
Dead.
Redemption.

If this becomes a console exclusive just like last time Rockstar are dead to me.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2174 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »

Red.
Dead.
Redemption.

If this becomes a console exclusive just like last time Rockstar are dead to me.

??? GTA and RDR were on both ps3 and 360, no?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2175 on: June 10, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »

Red.
Dead.
Redemption.

??? GTA and RDR were on both ps3 and 360, no?
Should have said consoles exclusives, meaning only on consoles.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2176 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
I want to replay red dead again. It was such a fun game.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2177 on: June 11, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »
Horizon looks absolutely amazing but then again it's a cinematic so not much to say about the gameplay or how it actually will look. I'm not sure why you say it looks dumb, you mean the plot?

Yeah, it's more the plot that makes me question it.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2178 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
FINAL FANTASY XII REMAKE TO BE RELEASED ON PS4 IN 2017

:caffeine:

Holy shit. I may have to get PS4. Typical RPG turn based combat usually bores the shit out of me but I plugged a solid 125 hours into FF12 when I played it because their new (at the time) combat system was outstanding. Also the hunt/bounty system was such a great feature.

Offline j

« Reply #2179 on: June 11, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
FINAL FANTASY XII REMAKE TO BE RELEASED ON PS4 IN 2017

:caffeine:

Holy shit. I may have to get PS4. Typical RPG turn based combat usually bores the shit out of me but I plugged a solid 125 hours into FF12 when I played it because their new (at the time) combat system was outstanding. Also the hunt/bounty system was such a great feature.

Hell yes.  If they include option to play the original license board as well as the new version, I'll die happy.  Although from what I've been reading, that seems unlikely to happen.

-J

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2180 on: June 11, 2016, 09:24:05 PM »
The original license board was silly, anyways. I'm excited we get boards based on what we're doing, which makes more sense as upgrades to specific goals as we progress, per character.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2181 on: June 12, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
I'm looking forward to getting to the end of the game, trying to do all the side missions, getting bored and never finishing the game (for the third time).

Offline adace

« Reply #2182 on: June 12, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »
New video for Mass Effect Andromeda. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vgHOXeps0&feature=youtu.be&list=PL3a3tkpS9DNRUbHcBYrvv9GKtFlFoSqH7&sf46713463=1

Looks so good! By far my most anticipated game.

Edit: New gameplay trailer for Battlefield 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pY3hlQEOc0&index=1

Looks like this is gonna be my favorite Battlefield game and easily better than the last few CoD entries.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:14:28 PM by adace »

Offline j

« Reply #2183 on: June 12, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »
The original license board was silly, anyways. I'm excited we get boards based on what we're doing, which makes more sense as upgrades to specific goals as we progress, per character.

I've never played the Zodiac version but I'm excited to try it.  However I did like the freedom and flexibility granted by the original license board.  It let you develop your characters however you liked rather than pigeonholing them into overly restricted roles which are rigid and cannot be modified.  I do understand the criticism of an endgame of 6 relatively homogeneous killing machines though.  Hopefully the Zodiac job system version is well balanced and optimized!

-J

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2184 on: June 12, 2016, 09:47:12 PM »
Is the license board the skill tree system in FF12?

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2185 on: June 13, 2016, 01:37:58 AM »
Is the license board the skill tree system in FF12?
More or less, but you also have to unlock licenses to be able to use certain equipment. You can't just buy a brand new sword and be able to use it right away, you have to have the license as well..
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Online Azyiu

« Reply #2186 on: June 13, 2016, 03:45:26 AM »
I beat Uncharted 4 twice and got all the treasures and such, so I decided to go back and re-play Uncharted 1 - 3 all the way...

In Uncharted 1, relatively poorer graphic aside, I really don't recall the number of enemies in each stage... I was in Chapter 4 last night, and it seemingly like wave after wave of enemies kept coming in to try and kill me; and there must have been way over 50 of them in Chapter 4 alone!! Plus, it is my first re-play of U1 since 2010 or 2011 I think, I noticed the aiming and weapon reloading systems are just not as smooth as to my liking... I am sure it was ok and cool back in the day though... still trying to enjoy my re-play run, and hopefully I won't get too frustrated by it in latter chapters.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2187 on: June 13, 2016, 04:29:14 AM »
Have to say i'm pretty impressed with Bethesda and how productive they are. The stream of content for Fallout 4 since launch have been solid even though some are just extra content. They still have been coming with new stuff almost every month.
Then we also have new content for Doom and Fallout Shelter and a remaster of Skyrim to look forward too.
On top of that we have "new" games like Prey, Quake Tournament, Dishonered 2, TES: Legend

Yes they have sub-studios but I find it pretty impressive.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2188 on: June 13, 2016, 06:32:46 AM »
They are publisher for a lot of these games though, which means they don't do any developing at all on those titles.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2189 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:40 AM »
Yea that's true, I never really thought about the fact that Bethesda only publish games, however Bethesda Game Studios develope games so they do it to some extent both the Fallout and TES series are mainly done by Bethesda.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2190 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:03 AM »
On the Bloodborne topic, now I just have Orphan of Kos and Mergo's Wet Nurse>Moon Presence (and Chalice stuff) left. I got Orphan of Kos down to low enough that his health bar ended at "Orphan" but god this guy is a motherfucker.

Now I'm using the Whirligig Saw because OF COURSE I AM. I also really like the Rakuyo.

Hardest boss in the game for me I think.  He's so damn aggressive it's hard to find a way to get a hit in most of the time.  Beating him was so exhilarating though, a feeling in gaming that only this series seems to be able to give me anymore.

-J

The Orphan of Kos was a major pain in the ass for me, I struggled with him more than any boss in the entire Souls series (including DS3). I just went back to Dark Souls 1 and got the Platinum trophy, it was pretty rewarding. I tend to stick with melee builds in the Souls series, but I started a Sorcerer build from scratch and was surprised at how much easier the game was for me. Some of the bosses I was able to just blow up from far away without even getting touched. I'm going back to Demon's Souls next for the Platinum.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2191 on: June 13, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
Resident Evil 7 looks sick

Offline adace

« Reply #2192 on: June 13, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
Resident Evil 7 looks sick
Sure does. As much as I like the last few RE games they didn't feel that much like a real edge-of-your-seat horror game. This one does though. Can't wait to try the demo.

And like last year's E3, Sony won the show. God of War 4, RE 7, remastered Crash Bandicoot, new Spiderman, Detroit, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone...all incredible stuff.

The new Call of Duty looks surprisingly good. Still more excited for Battlefield 1 but this definitely seems like it's worth playing.

I'm really confused by Kojima's new game though. I seriously have no idea what it's about. :-\

Also, I seriously do not feel like spending $400 for the PS VR headset after spending almost that much for the PS4 itself. Same goes for the PS4 Neo, XB1 slim and Project Scorpio.

Very much looking forward to seeing Zelda and the NX tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:02:06 PM by adace »

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2193 on: June 13, 2016, 09:44:54 PM »
Standalone Gwent yaaaaaasssss

Best part of Witcher 3.

Still want physical cards.

...my name is Araragi.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2194 on: June 14, 2016, 05:54:22 AM »
I think $400 for PS-VR is completely fair. Even with the cost of the cameras for motion tracking and the PS4 itself, you still come in less than what just the computer to run a Vive or a Rift would cost.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
Same goes for the PS4 Neo, XB1 slim and Project Scorpio.

I think I may officially be done with buying consoles.  My xbox1 collects dust.  Finally disconnected the TV cable from it so I can just leave it off now.  This new wave of console announcements which aren't even true new consoles, just better versions of what's already released just makes me sick to think of buying one.  I'll keep gaming on my PC. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2196 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
I wish I could get into PC gaming, but I just can't. I love to sit back on my couch and turn on a console and play with a nice PS4 controller. The whole performance aspect doesn't bother me to be honest, as long as a game runs fine and I have fun with it, that's all that matters to me. In fact, my laptop is one I purchased right when I graduated highschool, great specs and everything, doesn't get used for gaming at all. The game I've played most on it was Team Fortress 2 and you don't need a $1000 computer to run that.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: June 14, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
Yea, my post was not to say console gaming is bad per se, but I think the whole upgraded console thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I was already moving strictly to the PC for gaming and now I just see a  point of no return.

As for the controller and TF2, I play Overwatch with my xbox1 controller on my PC and could play from my couch if I wanted.  So it's not far from being able to act like a console now (just more expensive and physically larger).

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #2198 on: June 14, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
So, Zelda: Breath of the Wild easily won E3 for me today. Amazing first impression and I honestly cannot wait anymore to ride through the fields of Hyrule!

However, tomorrow will be the Persona 5 livestream, so there probably will be another contender for my personal game of the E3.

Offline adace

« Reply #2199 on: June 14, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
So, Zelda: Breath of the Wild easily won E3 for me today. Amazing first impression and I honestly cannot wait anymore to ride through the fields of Hyrule!
Yes, it definitely looks incredible. Day one buy for me.

Offline Cable

« Reply #2200 on: June 14, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »
Yea, my post was not to say console gaming is bad per se, but I think the whole upgraded console thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I was already moving strictly to the PC for gaming and now I just see a  point of no return.

The upgraded consoles are showing their full computer/PC hand at this point, which is unfortunate. The line that separated the two from each other (fixed hardware) is now disappearing. I may be too far on the sidelines, but when did PCs carve out a huge chunk of Sony and Microsoft? Is the pressure from developers to have the horsepower closer to what they are designing on their ultra-computers too much?

On a tangent, there is the eventual future of streaming games from ultra-super-duper servers that do all the processing and rendering that will render this moot mostly. So I do not understand why Msoft and Sony are now creating intermediate consoles, considering the future it will not be fully relevant.

Also, to me the Indie game scene seems to slowly be gathering steam. In addition, the AAA games and their developers I feel are on increasingly unstable ground.
---

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2201 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:08 PM »
When is E3 over? I can't remember how long it usually lasts.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2202 on: June 15, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »
Watching E3 live on PS3 live events app, it's free.
Dishonored 2 looks awful, more first person bull shit.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: June 17, 2016, 06:40:33 AM »
My girlfriend and started and finished Firewatch yesterday. If anyone here is a fan of first person adventures, play it! It's an amazing game.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2204 on: June 17, 2016, 06:45:28 AM »
Has anyone played a game called Gone Home?