Author Topic: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30  (Read 50425 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche Thread - NEW ALBUM INFO. p. 30
« Reply #1120 on: May 19, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
For me personally, I would say it's a safe bet/prediction, that this will be album of the year.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #1121 on: May 19, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
That was a good song.

I liked it much more than Redemption.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1122 on: May 20, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
For me personally, I would say it's a safe bet/prediction, that this will be album of the year.

It might be for me as well. I'll have to weigh it against the new Fates Warning album when it arrives and I'm still somewhat interested in hearing what DT does as well.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1123 on: May 20, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
That was a good song.

I liked it much more than Redemption.
This.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1124 on: May 20, 2013, 05:25:47 AM »
Pretty killer song.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1125 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:52 AM »
If you guys liked Fallout, here's Where Dreams Go To Die. Parker knocked it out of the freaking ballpark with this song, IMO. :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDJLkYbecM
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: May 20, 2013, 05:55:47 AM »
If you guys liked Fallout, here's Where Dreams Go To Die. Parker knocked it out of the freaking ballpark with this song, IMO. :metal

Shit quality but that song sounds incredible.  This is going to be one killer album.  This song alone is better than the entire FU album.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1127 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »

Shit quality but that song sounds incredible.  This is going to be one killer album.  This song alone is better than the entire FU album.

I stayed up to hear the live debut on the radio last night and the audio quality was a lot better there. But yeah, amazing song. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1128 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »

That's an awfully bold statement with all the albums already out, and still to come - Spock's Beard, Avantasia, Dream Theater, Ayreon, Transatlantic ... and a lot others on my radar.  I'll just be happy if it cracks the top 10, and extremely impressed if it hits top 5.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: May 20, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »

That's an awfully bold statement with all the albums already out, and still to come - Spock's Beard, Avantasia, Dream Theater, Ayreon, Transatlantic ... and a lot others on my radar.  I'll just be happy if it cracks the top 10, and extremely impressed if it hits top 5.

Yeah it's a bold statement for sure! But I have been hoping for a true heavy metal/hard rock release from Queensryche since the late 90s; now it's officially going to happen. That's probably going to have a lot to do for me personally in regards to the enjoyment of this release. Based on the three songs I've heard, this will be an amazing disc. There are still Fates Warning, DT and hopefully Priest releases to come!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1130 on: May 20, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
A lot of the prior links for Where Dream Go To Die were taken down, but there is now an official link up:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9KOvIdk8gc

IMO, each of these three songs is much better than anything on Dedicated to Chaos or F.U.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1131 on: May 20, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
So looking forward to this. QR are back. I think tate's statement that the rest of the band can't write a song is dead in the water.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #1132 on: May 20, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
I really liked Redemption at first, but I had no desire to listen to it again after hearing it a few times. Fallout sounded much better, despite the poor audio quality. I'm listening to Where Dreams Go To Die right now and I'm really enjoying it. It's easily my favorite of the three I've heard so far.

I doubt that this album will crack my top 10 of the year, but that's only because there were so many other great new releases this year (with many more to come). Based on what we've heard, I'm certain that this will be a great album!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1133 on: May 20, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
...only because there were so many other great new releases this year

:rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1134 on: May 20, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »
Like Jboy said, that is pretty bold. I hope you're not disappointed.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1135 on: May 20, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »

Bosk does not agree.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #1136 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »

I'm not sure I get what's funny. ??? Are you laughing at the fact that I think there were good albums released this year, or did I word it badly and it only makes sense to me?  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1137 on: May 20, 2013, 01:21:36 PM »
No...I assumed you were joking when you said it has been a great year for new releases, so I was laughing with you since I find that hilarious.  Apparently, you weren't joking?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1138 on: May 20, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
Well nothing is going to beat Stone Sour for album(s) of the year, but these 3 songs released by Queensryche prove that Tate was the problem all along... Not that it wasn't obvious.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #1139 on: May 20, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »
A lot of the prior links for Where Dream Go To Die were taken down, but there is now an official link up:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9KOvIdk8gc

IMO, each of these three songs is much better than anything on Dedicated to Chaos or F.U.

WOW!  :o ...... it's amazing to hear this band this way again!

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #1140 on: May 20, 2013, 01:26:06 PM »
No...I assumed you were joking when you said it has been a great year for new releases, so I was laughing with you since I find that hilarious.  Apparently, you weren't joking?
Not joking. The new Steven Wilson, Big Big Train, Riverside, Renaissance, Spock's Beard, Bowie, Believe, etc albums are all excellent.

But anyways..back to QR...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:49:03 PM by ColdFireYYZ »

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: May 20, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
I've been listening to "Where Dreams Go To Die" all day over and over again at work.  Oh, mama.  It's a beast.  Love it!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1142 on: May 20, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
I prefer Redemption to this one.

Offline fibreoptix

« Reply #1143 on: May 20, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
I can't get over how weird it feels to be enjoying brand new QR material again after such a long time. Ever since American Soldier dropped I've missed this excitement.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1144 on: May 20, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
I can't get over how weird it feels to be enjoying brand new QR material again after such a long time. Ever since American Soldier Tribe dropped I've missed this excitement.

I know how you feel.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1145 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »
I can't get over how weird it feels to be enjoying brand new QR material again after such a long time. Ever since American Soldier Tribe Promised Land dropped I've missed this excitement.

I know how you feel.

Yup. 
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
I can't get over how weird it feels to be enjoying brand new QR material again after such a long time. Ever since American Soldier Tribe dropped I've missed this excitement.

I know how you feel.

American Solider was decent, I liked it, but not classic Ryche.  Tribe on the other hand I love, incredible album.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1147 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:16 PM »
Yes this song is awesome yes more please yes album now yes I would have Todd's babies if he asked me nicely enough and the planet was in vague danger.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1148 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »
Man this song is so good!! YES!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1149 on: May 20, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »
(List of bands you probably don't give a shit about proving you wrong)
I feel sorry for you if you don't think there's been a lot of good music that's been put out this year so far, because you're missing out on an amazing amount of music that has come out that's absolutely fantastic, and you'll probably be missing out on much more that's yet to come out.

I dig the new song, and feel like this album is going to be quite radular!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1150 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
I feel sorry for you if you don't think there's been a lot of good music that's been put out this year so far, because you're missing out on an amazing amount of music that has come out that's absolutely fantastic, and you'll probably be missing out on much more that's yet to come out.

No need to feel sorry.  I thought it was pretty much a consensus that this has been a crap year for music so far (and isn't really shaping up to be that great a year in total based on what is coming up).  Hence why I thought he was joking.  But, hey, if there are people out there who actually like some of the stuff that has come out, that's great.  Enjoy. 

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1151 on: May 20, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »
If anything, I've heard and found it to be the exact opposite of what you've been hearing...This year's only just about halfway through and there has been an astounding amount of fantastic output that ranges the whole gamut in music and I just find it odd that you think so poorly of this year. I mean I guess a lot of my examples could be classified as "extreme" in tastes for a lot of this board, but even in the alternative/electronic/classic metal/rock atmospheres, there's just been a whole bunch of treats.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1152 on: May 20, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »
Okay, cool.  I disagree, but, hey, tastes vary.  :tup

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1153 on: May 20, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

I dig the new song, and feel like this album is going to be quite radular!

In Bosk's defense, you could be talking about Taylor Swift. Everyone has different tastes. What you think is amazing, others might think is shit.

EDIT: :ninja:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1154 on: May 20, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
Wow.  Zook is defending my honor.

:hearts: