Author Topic: The GIF Thread, v. Do Over  (Read 319169 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The GIF Thread, v. Do Over
« Reply #1610 on: May 10, 2014, 08:14:33 AM »
That's a weird prank to play. It's more of a prank on the viewer than the actual person, right?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1611 on: May 10, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »
It's probably from an ad or something. Faked perspective only works from a very specific view, and in person you'd clearly see that it's fake from that distance.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #1612 on: May 10, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Not to mention all the noise that would make.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1613 on: May 11, 2014, 09:19:35 AM »

I don't really understand this one...

Neither do I, but I can't stop laughing  :lol :lol :lol
I dunno, something about a sportscaster watching deviled eggs get mass produced and loving every second of it?

"Sportscaster?"  :rollin
Did I miss something
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: May 11, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »
I think 'sportscaster' is a bit of a stretch for professional wrestling. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1615 on: May 11, 2014, 09:51:22 AM »
I think 'sportscaster' is a bit of a stretch for professional wrestling. 

Especially as that's not what he does anyway. :lol At least not for about 20 years.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1616 on: May 14, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »
The kid owns the cat, the cat proves they're not all assholes.

When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1617 on: May 14, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »
The kid owns the cat, the cat proves they're not all assholes.

Hooray for the cat.....although I doubt it cared about the kid, it probably just noticed a good chance to take it to a dog  :lol

But, That'd be one dead dog had that been one of my kiddos.....don't care where or who it ran back to, I'd have found it and put an end to it's dangerous, attacking ways.......

***edit***  Just read the article about it and it said the kid needed stitches and the dog came back and tried to bite the Mom, that it was a neighbors dog and that the dog is currently "under observation" I'm sorry.....I love dogs just as much as the next dog lover but the only observation you should be having of that dog right now is it being creamated or buried. Once ANY dog attacks ANYONE it should be 'nighty night' for them. 

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1618 on: May 14, 2014, 02:06:47 PM »
100% agree.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: May 14, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
Yup, time for that animal to take a dirt nap.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1620 on: May 14, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »

Absolutely, that dog's got to go.

Yeah for the cat though.  :tup

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: May 14, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »

Absolutely, that dog's got to go.

Yeah for the cat though.  :tup

Not only did the cat maul the dog knocking off the kid and backwards....after the cat kind of gained its composure, took a look at the kid...it spins around and then chases the dog even more   :metal that was pretty cool!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1622 on: May 14, 2014, 06:11:11 PM »
Pretty much. I love owners who think they're entitled to own an animal that is vicious and destructive; they're completely blind. I've had to kill a dog after one nearly shredded up my previous dog and my poor dooder simply lost the fight... Then the other fucker REALLY lost. Absolutely drives me nuts seeing that... I love dogs too, but there's no excuse for that... That kind of behavior is either learned by training or by the feral wilderness.

That is pretty awesome of that kitty though. That looks like a pretty nice community though...definitely a trained killer; especially given the way the dog looks like he was just out looking for something to attack. Cocksuckers.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1623 on: May 15, 2014, 03:04:47 AM »
The Youtube video shows a little more. From the footage, it appears the dog just goes straight for the kid once it realises he's there. Definitely not the kind of animal that should be roaming the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk

According to the uploader (it appears to be the kid's father) the owner was bitten also while trying to get the dog into their yard. A photo of the kid's wound is shown at the end, too.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1624 on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:32 AM »
Just read the article about it and it said the kid needed stitches and the dog came back and tried to bite the Mom, that it was a neighbors dog and that the dog is currently "under observation" I'm sorry.....I love dogs just as much as the next dog lover but the only observation you should be having of that dog right now is it being creamated or buried. Once ANY dog attacks ANYONE it should be 'nighty night' for them.

Gary,

I just spoke with Mrs. P about this--she's somewhat of an authority since she was once the director of our county animal control--she indicates that when they say the dog is under observation, they are just waiting to see if the dog has rabies. Observation is less costly than killing the dog first and then having to dissect its brain to look for rabies. They obviously need to know so the bite victims can get shots if needed (which, I hear, is a horrible regimen that one does not take lightly). She says that either way the dog is a gonner.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1625 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
I'll be the odd man out. I feel bad for the dog. Like really bad for the dog. It's only eight months old and has a shitty owner. There's plenty of time to get it into the home of a good handler.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:39:31 AM by Chino »

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1626 on: May 16, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
I actually feel the same Chino. But then I ask myself how I'd feel if it was my kid. It's not worth risking it. The way that dog goes for the kid - had that cat not been around, or an adult then I hate to think what may have happened. It's not punishment for the dog. It's just a better safe than sorry measure. But I know what you mean.

Much as the cat is cool and all, I'm going to echo what someone else hinted at here - I'm not convinced the cat was protecting the kid. I'd absolutely love to believe it was but I think the cat would have done what it did whether the kid was there or not.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: May 16, 2014, 10:47:26 AM »
Just read the article about it and it said the kid needed stitches and the dog came back and tried to bite the Mom, that it was a neighbors dog and that the dog is currently "under observation" I'm sorry.....I love dogs just as much as the next dog lover but the only observation you should be having of that dog right now is it being creamated or buried. Once ANY dog attacks ANYONE it should be 'nighty night' for them.

Gary,

I just spoke with Mrs. P about this--she's somewhat of an authority since she was once the director of our county animal control--she indicates that when they say the dog is under observation, they are just waiting to see if the dog has rabies. Observation is less costly than killing the dog first and then having to dissect its brain to look for rabies. They obviously need to know so the bite victims can get shots if needed (which, I hear, is a horrible regimen that one does not take lightly). She says that either way the dog is a gonner.

Makes sense.

I'll be the odd man out. I feel bad for the dog. Like really bad for the dog. It's only eight months old and has a shitty owner. There's plenty of time to get it into the home of a good handler.

I can empathize with this sentiment....is it really the dogs fault? Maybe not completely....it's too bad it has a crappy owner. But 'rehabbing' this dog is out of the question IMO.

It's not worth risking it. The way that dog goes for the kid - had that cat not been around, or an adult then I hate to think what may have happened.

It stalked, charged and attacked a child. I'm in favor for hanging a person for doing something like that to a child so I'd definately feel just fine and sleep well at night sending this vicious animal off to never never land. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1628 on: May 16, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
Yep pretty much what I think.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1629 on: May 16, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »
I dunno, can you fix that dog's brain wiring at this point?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1630 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »

100% definitely. Especially at only 8 months. We have Orcas at Seaworld who have drowned people and trainers still get in the water with them.... and that's an animal with far more complicated brain function.  I'd take that dog if given the chance.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1631 on: May 19, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
 :|

RIP DTP.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #1632 on: May 20, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »

If any dog ever did that to either one of my kids, they'd get a bullet to their brain.  I don't care how old they are, how well behaved they are, or who their owner is.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1633 on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

If any dog ever did that to either one of my kids, they'd get a bullet to their brain.  I don't care how old they are, how well behaved they are, or who their owner is.

Cool story, bro.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #1634 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
Thanks

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: May 20, 2014, 01:50:54 PM »
This thread needs a funny GIF...soon.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »

RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1637 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:00 AM »

100% definitely. Especially at only 8 months. We have Orcas at Seaworld who have drowned people and trainers still get in the water with them.... and that's an animal with far more complicated brain function.  I'd take that dog if given the chance.
It's not a matter of "good owner makes for a happy dog." For a decent shot at rehabilitation a professional like an animal behaviorist is needed. The cause of aggression has to be determined, as there is a whole host of different classifications of aggression types. Then there's the actual time that needs to be spent with the animal, training it, removing triggers and whatnot. Even then, the success rate is nowhere near 100%.

From the ASPCA website:
Taking into account the behavior modification techniques that affect aggression, our current understanding is that the incidence and frequency of some types of aggression can be reduced and sometimes eliminated. However, there’s no guarantee that an aggressive dog can be completely cured. In many cases, the only solution is to manage the problem by limiting a dog’s exposure to the situations, people or things that trigger her aggression. There’s always risk when dealing with an aggressive dog. Pet parents are responsible for their dogs’ behavior and must take precautions to ensure that no one’s harmed. Even if a dog has been well behaved for years, it’s not possible to predict when all the necessary circumstances might come together to create “the perfect storm” that triggers her aggression. Dogs who have a history of resorting to aggression as a way of dealing with stressful situations can fall back on that strategy. Pet parents of aggressive dogs should be prudent and always assume that their dog is NOT cured so that they never let down their guard.

Sometimes instinct is instinct and nothing can be done about it. Maybe that dog will never attack again, but that's not a risk I'd be willing to take.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1638 on: May 21, 2014, 01:30:01 AM »

This is how it should have ended...

They take on each other's identities...chilling in a bar with their billions... AND THEN HANK SHOWS UP AND JUST LAUGHS AND LETS IT GO and they all live happily ever after.

:sadpanda:

:angel:

RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1639 on: May 21, 2014, 01:34:03 AM »
Took me a second to realize that was actually Cranston and Paul. Awesome.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1640 on: May 23, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1641 on: May 23, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »
Whoa.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1642 on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

Gary,

Mrs. P is correct!! They waited (10) days and that was enough.....

The dog who attacked a 4-year-old outside his California home before the child’s pet cat heroically intervened was euthanized on Saturday, it was reported.

The Labrador-Chow mix was put down following a 10-day evaluation after it suddenly attacked little Jeremy Triantafilo outside his Bakersfield home, TMZ reported.

The child survived with a nasty bite and a ten stitch wound to his leg after his family’s pet cat, Tara, bolted towards the dog and went berserk. The amazing rescue was recorded by a home surveillance camera.

Erica and Roger Triantafilo appears on NBC's 'Today' to talk about the video of their hero cat, Tara, coming to the rescue of their son Jeremy, who was being attacked by a dog.
 The dog was taken to a local animal shelter, where it remained aggressive after its capture and even tried to bite a couple of workers, the website reported.

Jeremy’s mother, Erica, has said that the dog would likely be put to sleep after the attack.

Tara, the family’s cat, raced outside to rescue Jeremy, holding the dog off and chasing it after she scared it away.  ABC15 The dog tried to pull the 4-year-old boy toward the sidewalk.  ABC15 Jeremy had been playing outside on his bike when he was attacked by a dog. Previous
Next ....Enlarge ABC15 “The animal can be rehabilitated by the family possibly, but from what I understand, that’s a long and difficult procedure to get the dog back in their (the owner’s) care,” she told NBC’s “Today” on May 15.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1643 on: May 27, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
I understand how people get attached to their dogs and everything, but from a certain point you have to go with what Will Ferrell said: ".... you're a fucking dog."

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1644 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »