Author Topic: ...And this is how i met DT...  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Knguro

...And this is how i met DT...
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
Well, long story short, i am from central america, i've managed to get some money and travel for my vacation period to the US and go to my second DT concert in my life, both of them with my dad, i got somehow disappointed since a couple of days before my flight i found out that DT is coming to my country in august, still it didnt matter to me since i thougth, well my third time will be in my country. 
Ok, so we went to the theatre with my dad, went to the concert, which was absolutley awesome. I ve seen DT wth MP and MM, been honest i like MM better, if you pay attention to what he does, you will feel your skin frozen through out the entire concert. so,  been the show done, we walk out the theatre with my dad, and i saw this big black buses outside, with a big dude on one of them, i stopped, looked around, and saw 3 other dudes with DT shirts, i thought, DAMN!, this is my chance!, i talked to my dad about what i was planning, he told me, Hell yeah, we are gonna wait!, 10 minutes later, Myung came out of the bus, what? yes people, THE FREAKING NINJA, THE FREAKING DRAGON, we were at that time around 10 people waiting, he humble and quite came to us, didnt say a word, but was kind enough to let us take pictures with him and autographs! my hearth was pumping like hell, i just managed to tell him, how great he was and how much i love the band, he said, thanks man and that was it, he putted his blessed arm around my dad´s back and we took the pic. 5 minutes later JP came out of the theatre, i almost crapped myself the man who i´ve admired for so long was standing there just 4 feet away, of course i was the first one on the line, he walked in front of me, i shook his hand, we just shared some lines he was kind and humble, i took the picture and he moved on to the next guy, basically that´s what happened with all of them, i was able to share a few words with my idols, these huge monsters, titans, legends of music took their time to talk to me. I will always be greatful with my dad for his patience and understanding, damn, he met them too! haha. i have posted some pictures of my experience. thanks for reading my lousy english!

Direct link for pics

https://twitter.com/knguros/status/216893334956933120
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
Re: ...And this is how i met DT...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »
Awesome pictures  :metal

And John Myung is actually smiling in a picture  :eek
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline Knguro

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »
Awesome pictures  :metal

And John Myung is actually smiling in a picture  :eek

well they are not that great, cheap camera, bad lighting, but hey i got what i wanted!
Yeap, that dude is very humble belive me.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
Very cool man.  I had to pay an extra couple hundred bucks to meet them.  You did it the old fashioned way!

Offline Knguro

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
Very cool man.  I had to pay an extra couple hundred bucks to meet them.  You did it the old fashioned way!

Yeah, still i pay my flight ticket and my dad´s concert ticket, so do the math haha... but yeah old fashioned way was a great experience, and i would say is because is not that ¨organized¨  so you can have this special eviroment where they are kind of free while talking to you. Of course you can not get all the material that you get with a Meet and Greet package. But still it worthed the waiting.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
Awesome.  Congrats on such an awesome experience. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Knguro

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 11:03:19 PM »
Awesome.  Congrats on such an awesome experience.

Thanks Bosk!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »

Yeah, still i pay my flight ticket and my dad´s concert ticket, so do the math haha... but yeah old fashioned way was a great experience, and i would say is because is not that ¨organized¨  so you can have this special eviroment where they are kind of free while talking to you. Of course you can not get all the material that you get with a Meet and Greet package. But still it worthed the waiting.

True.  I still occasionally try to meet bands the old fashioned way.  I got to meet Dio, Judas Priest, some of the Alice Cooper band, and Derek Sherinian (when he was with Billy Idol) that way.  It is pretty surreal.  I'll never forget how weird it felt when we started yelling for Dio as he entered the venue we saw him at, he turned, said a few words to the guys he was with, and then walked straight towards us.  Very weird feeling to see your idol up close like that. 

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
Cool pics!  I love how Mangini looks all hipster. :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »
Doesn't he always, though? I mean, I have yet to see a pic of him where he doesn't look hipster.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:59 AM »
True...

Offline farsight

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:36 AM »
Mangini kind of looks like Skrillex now  :biggrin:

Offline Stonestef

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »
Amazing pictures, I like them more than the ones from the meet&greet. Yours look more personal.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 02:57:33 AM »
Mangini kind of looks like Skrillex now  :biggrin:

Gah, that's what I SHOULD have posted! :lol

Offline Knguro

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »
Amazing pictures, I like them more than the ones from the meet&greet. Yours look more personal.

Thanks man! And that's exactly how the entire situation felt like, personal and friendly.