Author Topic: Election 2012  (Read 240567 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Election 2012
« Reply #2275 on: May 30, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm guessing heads rolled for that one  :lol

Offline jsem

« Reply #2276 on: May 30, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
LOL! That's epic.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2277 on: May 30, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
lolromney

It's too bad, that doesn't have the same ring to it as Ron Lawl or something like that.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2278 on: May 30, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
No spell check app for that?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2279 on: May 30, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »
I don't even understand how this can have happened. Was this just one guy slaving away at the app who then pushed it to the store without anyone checking it?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2280 on: May 30, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
Well, America under Romney certainly would come to resemble Mercia...

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
« Reply #2281 on: May 30, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
Being cynical/stupid here: did they do it on purpose to get more people to download the app?
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #2282 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm guessing heads rolled for that one  :lol

Yes, well we all know Romney likes to fire people.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2283 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
Well at least reading this made me happy: https://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/30/11969505-former-justice-predicts-cracks-in-citizens-united-decision?lite

And in other news, the right's obsession with bigger and shinier machines with which to torture and mutilate non-whites overseas confounds me: https://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/30/11960423-obama-defense-official-re-sounds-the-alarm-about-spending-cuts?lite

Offline Breaking All Illusions

• "The rebel in us all, someday gets tired of being pushed around"
  • "This is the life we belong to, our gift divine"
« Reply #2284 on: June 19, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »
Vermin Supreme 2012. That is all.  :biggrin:
"And at last the time has come to unite again as one, to the power of the earth I'm calling, crossing bridges in the sky, on a journey to renew my life. Shaman take my hand" John Petrucci(Dream Theater,Bridges In The  Sky, A Dramatic Turn Of Events, 2011)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2285 on: June 19, 2012, 03:09:29 PM »
So when the hell is the vote? I don't even care who wins, I just want it over with already.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2286 on: June 19, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
November.

Online Adami

« Reply #2287 on: June 19, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
God dammit.

Actually the other say I saw a headline about how Romney was going to take a stance on Israel opposite of Obama's. I was like "Hell yea, finally someone will call Israel out on their BS and stop letting them do whatever the hell they want"

Then I read the article.  :facepalm:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2288 on: June 19, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
What ever lead you to believe a Republican would be tough on Israel?

Online Adami

« Reply #2289 on: June 19, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
What ever lead you to believe a Republican would be tough on Israel?

GOD DAMMIT SOMETIMES WHEN THERE'S NO HOPE YOU START HAVING DELUSIONS!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2290 on: June 19, 2012, 03:41:05 PM »
I hold up hope for Obama yet on the Israel issue; he may have paid lip service so far but I chalk that up to inexperience.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2291 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
No hypocrisy here, nope, these are not the 'droids you're looking for.

Pretty mind-bogglingly massive hypocrisy there when you take into account that Ron Paul considers Social Security "unconstitutional"

Given the money he has and the money he makes, and all of the overblown hyperbolic nonsense that he and his disciples regurgitate about "principles" and how none of the candidates except him have them, you'd think he'd be a little bit smarter about it and have those checks donated to charity or something.

What a buffoon  :lol

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2292 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
He throws out big words like he doesn't know what they mean.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2293 on: June 20, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Senile old man is senile

Offline jsem

« Reply #2294 on: June 20, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Point 1:
He's paid into the system for much of his long life, so he should've just refused the social security checks on principle? He's getting his money back... kinda (not really, since he's getting young people's money).

I wouldn't attack him for that, sure he shouldn't have to accept the check because he's pretty well off... but if we're going to use libertarian ethics here, there should be NO problem whatsoever with using any government services WHATSOEVER - GIVEN THAT the service would also be provided in a free market situation. And social security - pension systems, in my mind would clearly exist without the government.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2295 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:21 PM »
He says it's "Unconstitutional"

Then he cashes the checks

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2296 on: June 20, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »
Wow, yeah. That was remarkably bad, even for Paul's standards. He should be the absolute first to stop collecting the checks. And for the first minute or so there wasn't even any content in what he said. It was just words strung together.

rumborak

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2297 on: June 20, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
Another realization I just had: capitalism can't be held up as the shining example of freedom and equality, considering it flourished most extensively during one of the most stratified periods in modern history (I refer of course to the 19th and early 20th century).

« Reply #2298 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
Use is not the same thing as consent. And correlation is not the same thing as causation.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2299 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
Use is not the same thing as consent. And correlation is not the same thing as causation.

That's a pseudo-intellectual translation of:  Do as I say not as I do

Online Adami

« Reply #2300 on: June 20, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

Oh come on. The man isn't god. You're allowed to like him but admit he does things you don't agree with.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2301 on: June 20, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
I have personally found that RP has essentially Jesus level among his followers.

rumborak

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2302 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »
If he ever remarks that he's more popular than Jesus, I'm gonna smash all of my records by him.

« Reply #2303 on: June 20, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
I don't believe Ron Paul is perfect or God-like. No man is. It's in fact the anti-Ron Paulites who hold him to a perfect standard by crying "hypocrisy" every time he uses a government service or program. You guys should hold Obama to the same standards and see who comes out looking more ideologically consistent. This instance isn't a good example of "hypocrisy" anyway, because he's just trying to get money out of a system he was forced to pay into. Same thing with the earmark issue people were talking about. Congress already predetermines the amount of money spent on earmarks, so he's just trying to get money back to his constituents.

I happen to disagree with RP on a few issues, chiefly evolution, gay marriage, and abortion. But I'm prepared to look at the bigger picture, and in doing so, I realize that he's the best we got.  You anti-war liberals especially need to realize that he's the only candidate who will bring a swift end to the War. Although Obama said he would, he expanded it to Pakistan, deployed more troops, re-extended the Patriot Act, and kept GITMO open. Funny how you guys don't consider that to be hypocritical.

Oh, and I was directing "correlation isn't causation" at Super Dude, although his comment is also invalidated by the fact that social stratification isn't inherently bad.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #2304 on: June 20, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
And social security - pension systems, in my mind would clearly exist without the government.

Pensions systems would probably exist, but that wouldn't be social security. A government is much less likely to fail than an individual bank, private company or corporation. Pensions funds would be extremely vulnerable in the "free market." I'd also question the kind of access some people would have, without some sort of government intervention.

« Reply #2305 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
One unfortunate typo in my last post- "the best we've got."

Anyway, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Rand Paul Romney endorsement, which is probably a desperate attempt at getting a VP nomination. This is something that I would consider to be an egregious hypocrisy, in that he's endorsing someone with totally different viewpoints from him. I've lost most of my respect for Rand.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2306 on: June 20, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
You anti-war liberals

Generalize much?

BTW, while this thing was of course rampant hypocrisy, I found really more telling his rambling beforehand. If a babbling old man who's long past his prime is "the best we've go", well, I certainly don't agree with it.
Paulites like to blame everything under the sun; vote flipping, threats against RP, media blackouts, Rand-Romney deals, his campaign managers etc. etc. Just not Ron Paul, because Ron Paul does everything right.
Reality is, Ron Paul did himself in during the debates, and that's why he tanked after Iowa. He was just rambling on every time he got the mic, and soon enough he became the comic relief during debates. "Romney and Santorum have been going at it for a while; let's lighten it up and get the old man to fill the air a bit".

rumborak
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:09:03 PM by rumborak »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2307 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
And Obama actually did end a war. It was the one in Iraq, in case you were wondering.

Online Adami

« Reply #2308 on: June 20, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
And Obama actually did end a war. It was the one in Iraq, in case you were wondering.

Yes but then he launched a full scale invasion and colonization of Libya.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

« Reply #2309 on: June 20, 2012, 05:39:41 PM »
You anti-war liberals

Generalize much?

BTW, while this thing was of course rampant hypocrisy, I found really more telling his rambling beforehand. If a babbling old man who's long past his prime is "the best we've go", well, I certainly don't agree with it.
Paulites like to blame everything under the sun; vote flipping, threats against RP, media blackouts, Rand-Romney deals, his campaign managers etc. etc. Just not Ron Paul, because Ron Paul does everything right.
Reality is, Ron Paul did himself in during the debates, and that's why he tanked after Iowa. He was just rambling on every time he got the mic, and soon enough he became the comic relief during debates. "Romney and Santorum have been going at it for a while; let's lighten it up and get the old man to fill the air a bit".

Ad hominem much? Calling Ron Paul a "babbling old man" adds no more to the discussion than things like "Barack The Magic Negro." I think you'd serve your camp well by toning down the vitriolic personal attacks.