Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 647117 times)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #3290 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:29 AM »
I was debating if I should watch S6, but hell, I just watched this trailer and of course I will be watching. You can expect some lengthy rants from me at the very least.

And of course Jorah and Daario were able to find that ring Dany purposefully dropped in S5. :lol

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3291 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
My daughter is due to be born around the time of the debut. I know she's coming on the 24th.
Will you name her Winter?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3292 on: March 09, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »
That last part of the trailer with Bran and the Nights Kind  :o

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3293 on: March 09, 2016, 10:14:00 AM »
My daughter is due to be born around the time of the debut. I know she's coming on the 24th.

Lol, I'll float that by my wife.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #3294 on: March 09, 2016, 11:46:33 AM »
I went through the trailer shot by shot as well. Just added some of my comments or additions to Prog Snob's post - tried not to specifically post book spoilers or rumours but if you're avoiding book spoilers or a tiny bit of speculation based on casting etc. then maybe avoid reading them. Green means my comments here, not sarcasm :p
Okay, lets make sure I got everything. 

0:01 – 0:07 – The Wall/Scene of Jon Snow dead
0:07 – 0:12 – It looks like a Dornish ship approaching King's Landing
0:12 – 0:16 – Jaime and Cersei Lannister scene
0:16 – 0:18 – Davos near Castle Black
0:19 – 0:25 – The Boltons and their victory
0:26 – 0:26 – Melisandre talking to Davos, saying what she saw in the flames was a lie
0:27 – 0:33 – Jorah and Daario
0:34 – 0:40 – Daenerys walking with the Dothraki
0:40 – 0:42 – High Sparrow
0:42 – 0:45 – Kingsmoot?
0:45 – 0:46 – Sansa
0:47 – 0:50 – Tyrion (Going down into a dark tunnel, looks like he could be going for the dragons)
0:50 – 0:51 – Drogon flying
0:51 – 0:53 – nothing
0:53 – 0:59 – Lancel, Cersei, and The Mountain
1:00 – 1:00 – I'm unsure of who that is (A group of Northern fighters... a particular flashback, same as the one with a guy that looks like young Ned Stark later)
1:00 – 1:01 – it looks like the night's watch. I think that's Allister on the left. (Yep, trying to break into a room by the looks of it - probably where Jon's body and Davos are in the end of the trailer)
1:01 – 1:02 – Tommen walking with his King's guard and Cersei walking with the Mountain
1:02 – 1:02 – Horsemen riding. Maybe Greyjoy men? (Probably forces from a battle in the North)
1:02 – 1:03 – Maybe Euron's ship? (Very likely. Greyjoy ships at least if it's not Euron's own)
1:04 – 1:05 – Arya getting whacked by (it looks like someone in an Arya mask).
1:05 – 1:05 – Petyr Baelish
1:05 – 1:06 – Queen Margaery <3
1:06 – 1:06 – Is that Coldhands lashing at someone? (This is actually the part of the trailer I am most curious about. Certainly looks North of the wall. Could be a wight getting killed. Is that a magical firebomb or a regular weapon?)
1:07 – 1:07 – Greyjoy men or Boltons? (Bolton forces from the banners)
1:07 – 1:08 – Mereen or King's Landing? (Looks like Meereen, Danaerys's chambers, with something smashing into them... dragons?)
1:08 – 1:09 – two scenes with Theon? (Looks like he has ran into Bolton men after escaping Winterfell)
(The next scene isn't Theon, I thought that too... it's Euron. He really looks like an older Theon!)
1:09 – 1:09 – Jaime and Cersei
1:09 – 1:10 – Brienne killing someone (Looks like a Bolton man in a similar scene to Theon... maybe she saves him / Sansa from Bolton pursuers)
1:10 – 1:10 – Melisandre at the Fires (Is that actually her? Does she wear that ring?)   
1:11 – 1:12 – Hall of Faces
1:12 – 1:12 – Melisandre
1:13 – 1:13 – Jon Snow with someone's hands on him (maybe Edd?) (I was thinking Melisandre, I am not sure)
1:13 – 1:14 – someone jumping maybe in either King's Landing or Braavos? (I think it's Arya in Braavos)
1:14 – 1:15 – Boltons and the Wildlings? Fighting
1:15 – 1:15 – oooh sexy time. (I think one of them might be Yara, Theon's sister)
1:15 – 1:16 – Someone removing their hood, quite possibly Euron? (Looks like it... on a rope bridge!)
1:16 – 1:16 – fighting. Why does the one without the helmet look like Ned Stark from behind? Hmmm (Yep, fighting someone in Targaryen armour too)
1:16 – 1:17 – Tormund with the Boltons (I see the flayed man on the shield)
(After this there's a scene of horsemen charging into battle - one of them looks a bit like Jon Snow actually but I don't know if they would put that in the trailer even in a crowd shot..)
1:17 – 1:18 – Queen Margaery <3 with the High Sparrow
1:18 – 1:18 – not sure what that is (looks like someone getting beaten by a crowd) (Not sure of this either, it might be a bunch of children stabbing someone though)
1:18 – 1:19 – Arya
1:19 – 1:19 – Tommen & his men meeting with the High Sparrow, perhaps to free Queen  Margaery <3 (Looks like Jaime on the stairs)
1:19 – 1:19 – Sansa running in the forest (Probably pursued by Boltons after escaping Winterfell, same as Theon)
1:20 – 1:20 – Dothraki
1:20 – 1:21 – Boltons? Greyjoys? (Probably the wildlings or Northerners)
1:21 – 1:21 – Bran with the Night's King (Awesome scene for the trailer!)
1:22 – 1:29 – nothing
1:29 – 1:34 – Davos… it looks like he's trying to protect Jon from some of the night's watch men. (Using Longclaw (Jon's sword) to do it... and Ghost is there too. Likely trying to get control of Jon's body for something... Great end to the trailer)

I know there's more detailed and thorough posts about it on reddit etc. now, maybe they have answered some of my questions.

Like I said, very curious about the dark figure on horse killing something with fire. Most of the other most interesting parts I've at least got a good idea of what part of the story that might be from.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3295 on: March 09, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »

Lol, I'll float that by my wife.

No, that was your name 8 months ago.  :neverusethis:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3296 on: March 09, 2016, 12:10:33 PM »
I made comments after some of yours (in red).

I went through the trailer shot by shot as well. Just added some of my comments or additions to Prog Snob's post - tried not to specifically post book spoilers or rumours but if you're avoiding book spoilers or a tiny bit of speculation based on casting etc. then maybe avoid reading them. Green means my comments here, not sarcasm :p
Okay, lets make sure I got everything. 

0:01 – 0:07 – The Wall/Scene of Jon Snow dead
0:07 – 0:12 – It looks like a Dornish ship approaching King's Landing
0:12 – 0:16 – Jaime and Cersei Lannister scene
0:16 – 0:18 – Davos near Castle Black
0:19 – 0:25 – The Boltons and their victory
0:26 – 0:26 – Melisandre talking to Davos, saying what she saw in the flames was a lie
0:27 – 0:33 – Jorah and Daario
0:34 – 0:40 – Daenerys walking with the Dothraki
0:40 – 0:42 – High Sparrow
0:42 – 0:45 – Kingsmoot?
0:45 – 0:46 – Sansa
0:47 – 0:50 – Tyrion (Going down into a dark tunnel, looks like he could be going for the dragons)
0:50 – 0:51 – Drogon flying
0:51 – 0:53 – nothing
0:53 – 0:59 – Lancel, Cersei, and The Mountain
1:00 – 1:00 – I'm unsure of who that is (A group of Northern fighters... a particular flashback, same as the one with a guy that looks like young Ned Stark later)
1:00 – 1:01 – it looks like the night's watch. I think that's Allister on the left. (Yep, trying to break into a room by the looks of it - probably where Jon's body and Davos are in the end of the trailer)
1:01 – 1:02 – Tommen walking with his King's guard and Cersei walking with the Mountain
1:02 – 1:02 – Horsemen riding. Maybe Greyjoy men? (Probably forces from a battle in the North)
1:02 – 1:03 – Maybe Euron's ship? (Very likely. Greyjoy ships at least if it's not Euron's own)
1:04 – 1:05 – Arya getting whacked by (it looks like someone in an Arya mask).
1:05 – 1:05 – Petyr Baelish
1:05 – 1:06 – Queen Margaery <3
1:06 – 1:06 – Is that Coldhands lashing at someone? (This is actually the part of the trailer I am most curious about. Certainly looks North of the wall. Could be a wight getting killed. Is that a magical firebomb or a regular weapon?)
1:07 – 1:07 – Greyjoy men or Boltons? (Bolton forces from the banners)
1:07 – 1:08 – Mereen or King's Landing? (Looks like Meereen, Danaerys's chambers, with something smashing into them... dragons?)
1:08 – 1:09 – two scenes with Theon? (Looks like he has ran into Bolton men after escaping Winterfell)
(The next scene isn't Theon, I thought that too... it's Euron. He really looks like an older Theon!) You're right about that second one being Euron.
1:09 – 1:09 – Jaime and Cersei
1:09 – 1:10 – Brienne killing someone (Looks like a Bolton man in a similar scene to Theon... maybe she saves him / Sansa from Bolton pursuers)
1:10 – 1:10 – Melisandre at the Fires (Is that actually her? Does she wear that ring?)   
1:11 – 1:12 – Hall of Faces
1:12 – 1:12 – Melisandre
1:13 – 1:13 – Jon Snow with someone's hands on him (maybe Edd?) (I was thinking Melisandre, I am not sure) I didn't think those sleeves were of something she wears. I could be wrong.
1:13 – 1:14 – someone jumping maybe in either King's Landing or Braavos? (I think it's Arya in Braavos) I was thinking that afterwards.
1:14 – 1:15 – Boltons and the Wildlings? Fighting
1:15 – 1:15 – oooh sexy time. (I think one of them might be Yara, Theon's sister) I thought the scenery around them looked too lively to be in the grim surroundings of the Iron Islands.
1:15 – 1:16 – Someone removing their hood, quite possibly Euron? (Looks like it... on a rope bridge!)
1:16 – 1:16 – fighting. Why does the one without the helmet look like Ned Stark from behind? Hmmm (Yep, fighting someone in Targaryen armour too)
1:16 – 1:17 – Tormund with the Boltons (I see the flayed man on the shield)
(After this there's a scene of horsemen charging into battle - one of them looks a bit like Jon Snow actually but I don't know if they would put that in the trailer even in a crowd shot..)
1:17 – 1:18 – Queen Margaery <3 with the High Sparrow
1:18 – 1:18 – not sure what that is (looks like someone getting beaten by a crowd) (Not sure of this either, it might be a bunch of children stabbing someone though)
1:18 – 1:19 – Arya
1:19 – 1:19 – Tommen & his men meeting with the High Sparrow, perhaps to free Queen  Margaery <3 (Looks like Jaime on the stairs)
1:19 – 1:19 – Sansa running in the forest (Probably pursued by Boltons after escaping Winterfell, same as Theon)
1:20 – 1:20 – Dothraki
1:20 – 1:21 – Boltons? Greyjoys? (Probably the wildlings or Northerners)
1:21 – 1:21 – Bran with the Night's King (Awesome scene for the trailer!)
1:22 – 1:29 – nothing
1:29 – 1:34 – Davos… it looks like he's trying to protect Jon from some of the night's watch men. (Using Longclaw (Jon's sword) to do it... and Ghost is there too. Likely trying to get control of Jon's body for something... Great end to the trailer)

I know there's more detailed and thorough posts about it on reddit etc. now, maybe they have answered some of my questions.

Like I said, very curious about the dark figure on horse killing something with fire. Most of the other most interesting parts I've at least got a good idea of what part of the story that might be from.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #3297 on: March 09, 2016, 04:31:21 PM »
I was debating if I should watch S6, but hell, I just watched this trailer and of course I will be watching. You can expect some lengthy rants from me at the very least.

And of course Jorah and Daario were able to find that ring Dany purposefully dropped in S5. :lol

Did you see that dual-wielding, though? Westeros (Weisserof, rather) is officially a video game.

I don't know if I can watch it. I don't hate-watch, and that would be all it is. Add to that my earlier concerns about semi-spoilers...

...my name is Araragi.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3298 on: March 10, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »

Did you see that dual-wielding, though? Westeros (Weisserof, rather) is officially a video game.

At 1:16? Hahaha, no, I missed it the first time around. And it looks like he's spinning both swords in his hands too. Best way to attack. :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #3299 on: March 10, 2016, 03:15:28 PM »
Are we really criticizing dual wielding? :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3300 on: March 10, 2016, 09:24:16 PM »
I am.

Now, if we were talking about a video game, or an anime, or even something from the lighter end of Fantasy (LotR, Princess Bride, what have you), I might not mind.

Thing is, GoT is in a sort of... historical fantasy/magical realism subgenre. Outside of the plainly magical elements, everything else should be historically accurate. And to put it simply, never in history did anyone (or at least, not anyone with training) fight by flailing two longswords around in a circle.

Has dual-wielding occurred in history? Sure. But the thing about real-life dual-wielding is that it requires blades of different length. In Medieval Europe, maybe a shortsword and a dagger. In the renaissance you'd more likely see something like two different lengths of epee. In Japan they would occasionally go Katana/Wakizashi.

Look at The First Law: there we have duelling steels, expressly describes as two thin, light, agile blades of differing length, with different functions. That's a realistic depiction of dual-wielding. What we saw in the trailer is just... ridiculous.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3301 on: March 11, 2016, 04:29:21 AM »
Counterpoint: it looks cool as fuck! :lol

I understand all you're saying though, and I knew you'd bring dueling swords from The First Law up, but I really don't care because it's just not a big deal to me.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: March 11, 2016, 08:09:53 AM »
Who is doing the dueling swords?  That could have meaning as different places in the GoT world have different backgrounds/weapons/training.  It could be reflected on something with more of a real life history, but even if it's not, kind of a ticky tacky thing to get annoyed with if you ask me. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3303 on: March 11, 2016, 08:37:46 AM »
I think GOT is the rare instance where the conversion from book to screen actually benefited the source material. The show is better than books.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3304 on: March 11, 2016, 08:41:30 AM »
I think GOT is the rare instance where the conversion from book to screen actually benefited the source material. The show is better than books.

eh, I dont know about that.  The show is great and it cut a lot of fat from the books, but it also lost a lot of the depth to the characters.  The internal thoughts and backstory from the books is something that can't be done on TV and it makes a big difference. 

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3305 on: March 11, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
Agreed cramx. The show is a better spectacle and gets much less bogged down in some of the books' more indulgent meanderings, but it really doesn't have as much depth of character. That was what really pleased me when I started reading the books. 

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3306 on: March 11, 2016, 11:15:34 AM »
Reading the books *and* watching the show is the ultimate combo. You can easily make a best of from both in your mind and that's the ultimate GoT experience for you.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3307 on: March 11, 2016, 11:31:34 AM »
Reading the books *and* watching the show is the ultimate combo. You can easily make a best of from both in your mind and that's the ultimate GoT experience for you.

:tup :tup minus the fact that the books aren't done.  It would have been such an amazing thing to read WoW while watching season 6. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3308 on: March 11, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »

:tup :tup minus the fact that the books aren't done.  It would have been such an amazing thing to read WoW while watching season 6.
Yeah! I really hoped that book would be out by now but hey, it's gonna be something very interesting to watch the season and *then* read the book! An unusual format for any screen adaptation of literary work.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3309 on: March 11, 2016, 11:47:49 AM »
These last few posts have been upsetting to read.

...my name is Araragi.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3310 on: March 11, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
Time for a crossover: Game of Thrones meets House of Cards!!!  :metal :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFk0T3ifF48

The guy either kidnapped Kevin Spacey for a voicer or he's really an amazing talent, he potrays his voice and his gestures so well.

Also, for those of you who watch both shows, don't you think that Frank Underwood is the adopted child of Tywin Lannister and Peter Baelish?  :biggrin:
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3311 on: March 11, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Nope.

But it's a great show, s5 notwithstanding.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3312 on: March 11, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
S5 was slow, but I thought by the end it sort of redeemed itself.  Easily the worst season of the show, but the last couple episodes kind of brought it all together enough for me to say it wasn't a bad season, just the worst.  Hardhome was one of the best things I have ever seen on TV.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3313 on: March 11, 2016, 01:17:53 PM »
The only good thing I can say about s5 is that it has Hardhome.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3314 on: March 11, 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
It was definitely extremely lacking early on in the season, but they were building up towards the events at the end. The writers could have probably done a better job at keeping it appealing during the earlier episodes. I felt like it was dragging at first.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3315 on: March 11, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »
It was definitely extremely lacking early on in the season, but they were building up towards the events at the end. The writers could have probably done a better job at keeping it appealing during the earlier episodes. I felt like it was dragging at first.

Agreed and some of the changes from the books were not as good, most specifically all of Dorne and what they did with Sansa, but I believe it was all for set up.  They needed to build these new characters and story arcs after so much death/changes at the end of season 4.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3316 on: March 11, 2016, 01:56:49 PM »
I believe Season 5 sucked big time and it was nowhere near the quality of the books — which are somewhat dragging at this point too, I agree — and I agree with Dimitrius. Hardhome was the only good thing about Season 5. Most of the storylines in the books were butchered, the newly invented plots weren't up to par and felt like they were designed literally in a few hours of thought without any consideration for the consequences on the plot... I didn't see anything that was "for set-up", I only saw bad, cliche-filled storytelling all around. Which was exactly the thing GRRM tried to avoid in his novels. Granted, he didn't really succeed with all those fake-out deaths in the last book, but it was still far more decent than the travesty we've got in the Season 5.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3317 on: March 11, 2016, 02:02:39 PM »
How can you say it was not for set up if the pay off hasn't occurred yet? The new storylines with Dorne and The Faith are no where close to being complete.  Same with everything that happened in Winterfell.  We got the end of Stannis and Jon Snow as a member of the Nights Watch but those story arcs started in season 2.  I don't think any of the new arcs from season 5 came to an end, and the ones I mentioned only came to their highest point in the final episode (Myrcella dying and the walk of shame).  The battle of Winterfell with Stannis vs. Ramsay is just the beginning of the real battle for Winterfell as well.  I think there is a good chance if season 6 is done well that we can look back and say season 5 wasn't as bad because it prepared us for the goods in season 6.  Granted, it was still slow so I totally get it that it was a lot worse than the previous seasons.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3318 on: March 11, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
How can you say it was not for set up if the pay off hasn't occurred yet? The new storylines with Dorne and The Faith are no where close to being complete.  Same with everything that happened in Winterfell.  We got the end of Stannis and Jon Snow as a member of the Nights Watch but those story arcs started in season 2.  I don't think any of the new arcs from season 5 came to an end, and the ones I mentioned only came to their highest point in the final episode (Myrcella dying and the walk of shame).  The battle of Winterfell with Stannis vs. Ramsay is just the beginning of the real battle for Winterfell as well.  I think there is a good chance if season 6 is done well that we can look back and say season 5 wasn't as bad because it prepared us for the goods in season 6.  Granted, it was still slow so I totally get it that it was a lot worse than the previous seasons.

I'm sorry, but the Dorne storyline was absolute bullshit in the show from the very first scene. It was embarrassing to watch, honestly, and as of now I don't really care about the whatever conclusion the show prepared for us — unless it's some miraculous revelation it was all a dream and we've never seen the real Dorne. I admit GRRM made the Sand Snakes somewhat cheesy and cringeworthy, yep, but the show just had to go and blow it out of proportion. And also ruin Ellaria. And omit Arianne, one of the decent Dorne characters. And give almost no lines to Doran, hiring the great actor to do his role nonetheless.

The Faith, yeah, they streamlined the storyline to being simple — whatever happened to their mindset for the very first season? It felt like they were determined to keep the plot complex and ambiguous, yet they're totally spelling out all of the little things now.

The end of Stannis was embarrassing to watch too. I believe I made some arguments for the ridiculousness of it earlier, but I just don't feel like going back in the thread digging it. What really annoyed me how they've played with Stannis' feelings for Shireen, making it obvious for viewers he loves her, only to sacrifice her when they've got a little snow and um, whatever else they've got. It was so inconsequential I don't even remember. I've always said Stannis' arc in the show was handled poorly, and the fact D&D decided to hide behind GRRM's back with the decision to burn Shireen... well, now this was a cowardly move.

It's not that Season 5 was slow... it's just it was awful for me — except for Hardhome — from whatever angle I look at it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3319 on: March 11, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »
Can't argue with anything you said there as I agree with it all, my point was more that those storylines that season 5 started didn't come to an end so it's hard to judge if the build up is worth it since we don't know yet.

Dorne was absolutely terrible, but we saw such little of it that I think it's possible to redeem itself show wise (of course Ellaria is not the same as she is in the books but I think it's also because she is also taking Arianne's role).  I think the Faith storyline was fine so far though and of course show Stannis was butchered from book Stannis, but that started in season 2 and was not a season 5 problem IMO.  Not that season 5 helped him at all.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3320 on: March 11, 2016, 05:00:40 PM »

Agreed and some of the changes from the books were not as good, most specifically all of Dorne and what they did with Sansa, but I believe it was all for set up.  They needed to build these new characters and story arcs after so much death/changes at the end of season 4.

I hate that they used Sansa to fill the part of Jeyne. Give the girl a break.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3321 on: March 17, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
Bought Season 5 on blu-ray since I have the other 4.  I will have to rewatch before season 6 starts.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3322 on: March 18, 2016, 06:47:56 AM »
Yeah, I need to pick that up.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3323 on: March 18, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »
Just start re-watching season 5 in preparation for the new season. I think the overall quality of season 5 will depend on how the stories arc in season 6. It's still a great show and season 5 was still amazing just slower and not quite as amazing as some of the previous seasons.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3324 on: March 18, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »
Just start re-watching season 5 in preparation for the new season. I think the overall quality of season 5 will depend on how the stories arc in season 6. It's still a great show and season 5 was still amazing just slower and not quite as amazing as some of the previous seasons.

That's exactly how I feel although I wouldn't classify season 5 as amazing, it was just good overall with one superb episode.